Looking for recommendations/Animes with Life Lessons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

munyman015
I'm looking for recommendations for Animes with great life lessons or even great for motivation.

Just got done watching Kino's journey, that blown me away with how powerful it was and lessons that could be used in RL to better yourself. Wolf's Rain also had a powerful message that got to me about everyone striving to find their own "paradise". Surprisingly, Full metal alchemist has a great idea with "there is no such thing as a painless lesson". Also, Gurran Lagann's saying "don't believe in others, don't believe in others that believe in you, believe in the you that believes in you!"

Just got done watching those and am looking for others with great life lessons. Help me out if you would be so kind!

Astner
Great teacher Onizuka, definitely. 42 episodes, and easily my favorite anime of all time. You won't find another series with better life lessons.

The first episode is a bit longer than the others, and not as well written, but it gets amazing rather quickly, and around episode ten you won't be able to drop it.

munyman015
OH DUDE! I totally forgot about that one and I have it... It was my very first anime I ever saw, the lesson of love being blind, brilliant!
Also just being yourself lessons is great too cool

psycho gundam
hajime no ippo

wakkawakkawakka
Uh...."School Days" smile

munyman015
I've heard of hajime no ippo... is that the boxing one about the fighting spirit? Can I guess its about overcoming obstacles that get in your way? A form of "Rocky" if you will.

Second time this has been suggested to me. I will check it out, much obliged. Keep it going!

Q99
FLCL is about growing up. It's weird but there's lessons in there ^^

Fruits Basket is about, well, the main character helping various characters with various problems. It's also really fun.

I'll second Great Teacher.

Nephthys
Strawberry Panic. It teaches you that when your lesbian girlfriend dies, its totally ok to bang a girl who looks just like her 2 years later. Just get over that shit man.

Edit: Also that you can try to rape a girl 3 goddamn times and she'll be too stupid to go to the police or a teacher or even get her girlfriend to beat the shit out of you.

munyman015
FLCL is different... its a very different way of showing lessons about growing up. Very entertaining and a good watch.

I watched Fruits Basket, it did a great job showing it is OK to open up to someone else and not be embarrassed of your secrets, however unexpected they can be... lol

I underline GTO as one of the best, its what got me into this. Just was so long since I saw it.

AWESOME lesson Nep! Thats a great lesson, whole hearted laugh to you sir.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by munyman015
I've heard of hajime no ippo... is that the boxing one about the fighting spirit? Can I guess its about overcoming obstacles that get in your way? A form of "Rocky" if you will.

Second time this has been suggested to me. I will check it out, much obliged. Keep it going! it should be at the top of the list

ippo almost has to quit boxing cause of real life issues, as his mother has to work extra hard at the family fish market (no father) cause ippo's off chasing his dream, proving what a good son he is.

Q99
Yea, Ippo's pretty good stuff.

munyman015
Huh? I'll be sure to take a look

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.