LEGO Lord of the Rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
MxuGSFYm1ls

nwgTZ6sn8No

-Pr-
Nice to finally see some gameplay...

-Pr-
Some more gameplay, including Gandalf vs The Balrog:

DymOKma2bZw

Some facts about the game:

The game will cover all three movies, but for now won't include the Hobbit.
The game pulls audio directly from the movies, so is fully voiced.
There will be some minor RPG elements, such as collecting mythril so that armour can be crafted from it.

All in all, I'm very much looking forward to this game.

Kazenji
Another trailer

-Pr-
Large scale battles? Yes please.

Tzeentch._
Actually looks kind of fun.

I might check this out.

Kazenji
Slighty better quality then that trailer

VDZGhNaNcVI

Kazenji
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/17/3248886/lego-lord-of-the-rings

ares834
Second Age? I'm assuming he means the Third Age. But maybe we get to play during the War of the Last Alliance. That could be pretty cool.

-Pr-
Open World Middle Earth?

**** that's impressive.

Nemesis X
Indeed.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by ares834
Second Age? I'm assuming he means the Third Age. But maybe we get to play during the War of the Last Alliance. That could be pretty cool. Yep, I'm assuming they're referring to the Last Alliance battle, since Sauron's defeat there marked the end of the Second Age.

Would make sense. IIRC the first of the Lord of the Rings games started with the LA battle as the "tutorial level"- t'was also the first scene in the movies.

Kazenji
I find it sad that someone like Travellers Tales can do an open world LOTR's game that's not an MMO and yet some other big game dev couldn't do it that or they're not interested.

Kazenji
uOzlvdsahlY

Kazenji
Got preorder exclusives for this at EB

Elrond '2nd Age' minifig and character unlock

Bonus LEGO Lord of the Rings character unlocks!

Kazenji
Noticed the release has been pushed back to December

most likey for the Hobbit Movie.

-Pr-
Probably. Gives me time to preorder too hopefully.

Kazenji
The ****....this game is already out in the US.

-Pr-
That was fast.

Kazenji
Have to wait until next month here in Australia.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Have to wait until next month here in Australia.

Damn, I'll add it to my list lol.

-Pr-
Anyone played the demo?

Hella fun.

Kazenji
Just seen the Boromir death scene, They went over the top with it in a good way.

Kazenji
Well i picked up my copy today, The hub area is the whole of middle earth. As someone said on a game show that i usually watch "Its Skyrim in Lego form"

also come across people as you travel in the hub area which they give you fetch quests.

-Pr-
Been playing this since yesterday; have to say I'm very happy with it. The "hub world" Middle Earth works great in my opinion, and they've captured the feel of the movies quite well, while still maintaining that lego humour.

-Pr-
Just finished story mode, and am now going back through the levels to try to get all the secrets. The open world puzzles are crazy in amount, so they're going to take me a while.

If there's one complaint I have it's that on PC, the game, like Batman 2, doesn't allow you to invert the y axis in the camera. While this was more of an issue in Batman due to flying, the camera issues in this game still irrritate me at times.

I don't see why they continue to deny people the option.

All that said, I'm going to end up buying the Helm's Deep Lego set.

Kazenji
Seen some reviews mentioning the inventory system is a mess

"shrugs" works fine for me.

-Pr-
It was all right for me...

Kazenji
The Hobbit is rumored to be getting one for 2014

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-22-lego-the-hobbit-video-game-due-out-next-year-report

Kazenji
Its confirmed now

screens in the link

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16759-LEGO-The-Hobbit-Officially-Announced-With-Screens.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.