Bane and Zannah vs. Vitiate and Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

axel_jovan
I've been wondering for a while about this duel.

Setting: Korriban, Valley of the Dark Lords

No restrictions. Who takes it?

Darth Ray Park
Isn't Vitiate on level with Nihilus and Abeloth and other force titans? If so Team 2 should win easily.

SIDIOUS 66
To be honest, I think Bane would outright slaughter Vitiate.

I'm going with Bane and Zannah.

Pwned
Well, considering the feats of Bane and Zannah, and considering the Force nexus....

What time period will this take place in? Back before Revan, the Force nexus on Korriban was WAY stronger, with the Dark Side permeating the air during the time of Revan, but with it only being a buzz during Bane's time. It does matter.

Arhael
Vitiate not gonna be as strong in this scenario because it is not Dromund Kaas, plus, he hasn't got lightsaber, which amplifies his disadvantage farther.

I do believe that he is more powerful, than Bane and Zannah but still they have enough power and skill to defend against his Force attacks and reach him, even if he is as strong as on Dromund Kaas. I give it to Bane and Zannah.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Pwned
What time period will this take place in? Back before Revan, the Force nexus on Korriban was WAY stronger, with the Dark Side permeating the air during the time of Revan, but with it only being a buzz during Bane's time. It does matter.
This is Korriban from Revan's times.

Originally posted by Arhael
Vitiate not gonna be as strong in this scenario because it is not Dromund Kaas, plus, he hasn't got lightsaber, which amplifies his disadvantage farther.

I do believe that he is more powerful, than Bane and Zannah but still they have enough power and skill to defend against his Force attacks and reach him, even if he is as strong as on Dromund Kaas. I give it to Bane and Zannah.
Good points.
However, be mindful that Vititate has Revan at his side, so it may be that he engages either Bane or Zannah, while Revan attacks the other.

Pwned
Alright, then no force tentacle shenanigans. However: Dark side aura ftw.

axel_jovan
I'd assume all of them will be amped by it.

Pwned
They will. But Bane and Zannah have particular feats used on Dark Force nexuses.

Arhael
All Vitiate's feats at the time of TOR occur in place of his darkside nexus. So I would assume Zannah to utilize tentacles. Also, I wouldn't discard possibility of Vitiate taking control of those tentacles himself.

Pwned
All we know is that Zannah manifests them, directs them, and wins. I don't think sorcery works so that another person could take it over. Plus I doubt Vitiate has shown his sorcery skillz.

Stealth Moose
All we know is that Zannah manifests them, directs them, and wins. I don't think sorcery works so that another person could take it over. Plus I doubt Vitiate has shown his sorcery skillz.

Vitiate, not showing sorcery?

WUT

Arhael
Vitiate was adept at sorcery. Consuming a planet is the most infamous prove. As for combat, he utilized illusions that could fight for him, it is another form of sorcery, although, he probably channeled them, while tentacles were summoned and then fought as allies.
From what I know she summoned them and continued fighting utilizing other powers. It wasn't like she channeled them, she summoned them and they were attacking like separate creatures with primal intent to kill Bane. That's why I assume that Vitiate could possibly take control over them, although, it's unlikely since he doesn't possess this power and simply doesn't understand it.

Pwned
I have not played TOR, nor watched videos. So I did not know Vitiate was a sorceror, with all the "OMG Uber lightning" I had figured he was more of an elementalist.

Stealth Moose
I have not played TOR, nor watched videos. So I did not know Vitiate was a sorceror, with all the "OMG Uber lightning" I had figured he was more of an elementalist.

This isn't DnD bro.

Pwned
Pfft, yeah well its not a WoW clone either. Its Guild Wars 2!

/elementalist

And for the record, DnD does not have an elementalist class (that I know of)

Stealth Moose
3.5e and 4e do, but 4e is a bastard which I refuse to recognize as a legitimate heir to the throne.

All hail the king of the northpast, 3.5 edition!

Also, LotRO > WoW. I will not comment on Guild Wars for fear of causing Blaxican to either rant or orgasm, neither of which these forums are meant to withstand.

Pwned
4e isn't as bad as most people think. You just need to spice it up a bit on your own.

The playtest rules for DnD Next have been out for a while..... As of yet, its not bad. But it drops skills completely so far. Though it has some nice little things on it, like backgrounds and themes that actually give bonuses.

Btw, my w1z4rd beets urs.

Stealth Moose
4e isn't as bad as most people think. You just need to spice it up a bit on your own.

The playtest rules for DnD Next have been out for a while..... As of yet, its not bad. But it drops skills completely so far. Though it has some nice little things on it, like backgrounds and themes that actually give bonuses.

LALALALALA.

Can't hear you. (Also, I refused to move on to 3.0 edition until way after everyone else, and then 3.5 etc. I'm slow to accept change, but 4e just smacks of powergaming.)

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/8/128732328653838532.jpg

Stealth Moose
Update: I totally changed my avatar and Steam name to that too. Cuz I'm awesome.

Pwned
That picture...... AMAZING.

I started with 4e, so cut me some slack. Besides, I am my groups resident powergamer..... When I can take down primordials with no trouble whatsoever in a melee, then it gives me a powergamer tag. Sue me.

Stealth Moose
Especially since Wizard cat clearly plays Nintendo 64.

Pwned
Yep. I am actually going to hunt that picture down on my phone and send it to some other people..... big grin

Stealth Moose
Win.

Zampanó
I prefer DotOR, then DnD 3.5.

(about 20% done with a full reboot, btw Janus)

Stealth Moose

Zampanó
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Did you drastically change anything from the last update you posted on RoK?
I scrapped a lot of mechanical idiosyncrasies. So instead of 80% crunch/20% narrative-based-decisions, it should be more like 60/40.

I intend to run it as the DM, and am considering keeping the mechanics hidden so that I don't have to playtest quite as thoroughly before opening it up.

Stealth Moose
I still think you ought to stress a Player versus Environment/DM-Run Baddie as much if not more than the competitive PvP aspect. The competitiveness proved to tear people apart and ruined the fun in the game.

Zampanó
Oh that is absolutely the case. My idea is 2-3 separate plotlines (light/dark/neutral) which will merge after 3 or 4 "modules" on each one. (The other goal is viable non-Jedi characters.)

Stealth Moose
Good idea then.

Zampanó
Thanks!

I'm actually using a zetaboard to log all of the things that are set in stone, which should let me upload to rok in one solid go. One thing I could use help with (if you're interested) is "statting" the 40-something list of Force powers. (I copypasted from wookieepedia and I might need to scale that back a lot.)

If you're interested, I'll copypaste to rok. (Only if you tell me to, though.)

Stealth Moose
Sure, by all means. I'll try to offer what help I can.

Zampanó
posted. it's a long list.

Stealth Moose
"Telekinesis: Move shit with your thoughts." - Gold.

You may want to include the Greek alphabet for those not from the Age of Antiquity though.

Nephthys
ε1 Size matters not.

Totally gonna throw Coruscant at someone.

Stealth Moose
"You throw Coruscant. You win everything."

Nephthys
Even a new car?

Stealth Moose
Assuming you can lift Coruscant, I'd say anything you want is yours.

Pwned
Hulking Hurler prestige class+100 strength= Throw the moon as a light load.

Hulking Hurler+200 strength= Throw whatever you want. Nobody will try and stop you. And its all a light load.

Major Valerian
Bane and Zannah..... Lose.

zomg *prepares for Neph's rant*

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Major Valerian
Agreed.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Major Valerian

zomg *prepares for Neph's rant*

No rant, I'm just confused how a rational person like yourself could possibly think that.

You possess a brain, correct?

ares834
He is rational and realizes that Revan solos.

Nephthys
Blasphemy!

ares834
You dare mock the limitless power of the Revanchrist! Wielder of the mullet and chosen son of Ulgo's Bane.

It is you who speaks blasphemy. May Bandon have mercy on you soul.

Major Valerian
Originally posted by Nephthys
No rant, I'm just confused how a rational person like yourself could possibly think that.

You possess a brain, correct?

Actually, I only said that to piss you off or to bait you jr_hmm01

In reality, I'm not sure as to which pair would ultimately defeat the other. I see this as a very close one indeed.

Nephthys
Well I think that Bane will be able to defeat Vitiate fairly easily. So too would Zannah defeat Revan pretty easily. Tentacle rape ftw!

Originally posted by ares834
You dare mock the limitless power of the Revanchrist! Wielder of the mullet and chosen son of Ulgo's Bane.

It is you who speaks blasphemy. May Bandon have mercy on you soul.

Screw Bandon! Marka Ragnos is the one true God!

Major Valerian
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=565847&pagenumber=7#post13896199

S_W_LeGenD
Well I think that Bane will be able to defeat Vitiate fairly easily. So too would Zannah defeat Revan pretty easily. Tentacle rape ftw!
You are joking, right?

Pwned
Eh, Korriban was pretty powerful of a dark side nexus. Its entirely possible she could use the tentacles against Revan, though I am not certain on that. If that is the case, Bane would fall back for defense. Meaning Revan is royally F*cked. That leaves the tentacles and Bane vs Vitiate, if he still lives, who would then be annihilated.

And yes, I bet Bane would take Vitiate out. His lightning is supposedly his best bet, because it reduced somebody to ash (right? Have not yet read Revan, not sure I want to after reading things here) However, I am also fairly certain Bane reduced a guy and his armor to ash in the BoD camp. It was also directly stated to be "1 million volts" which will obviously kill somebody. (Can he make toast with that lightning? I wonder.....) Now, Vititate is a fighter who uses the Force, I know that much. However, Bane has shown great Force-fighting skills, whilst simultaneously using his lightsaber. Leaving Vititate out of a job, and a saber-sized chunk of his body.

Nephthys
Yeah, the Naughty Tentacles is a pretty overpowered attack. If Bane couldn't find a way to deal with them then I doubt Revan and Vitiate would. Bane lost an arm from it and he's much faster and more agile than those two.

Yes, it was one of the beast riders who attacked Zannah that Bane disintergrates with his lightning. But Vitiates lightning is also pretty damn powerful. If Nyriss' lightning was sufficient to turn herself to ash, then so would be Vitiates I'll wager. Plus Vitiate pwned multiple people with his. But Banes speed and TK is greater than anything Vitiate has done. He would be able to keep Vitiate on the defensive and prevent him for utilising his telepathy.

Zampanó
On the other hand, both Revan and Vitatae are more familiar with Sith Sorcery than is Bane. Didn't Zanah learn that technique from Revan's holocron?

Nephthys
Bane destroyed Revan's holocron before he even met Zannah. I don't think we ever learn where she got the technique.

Stea1th Moose
Remember that attacks performed on places like Dromund Kaas and other dark side nexuses cannot be considered standard for dark siders. Bereft of that collection of energies, they may be far less potent.

Pwned
Korriban is a nexus though. And like I said earlier, Bane only has one insane feat on a nexus, the dark side field. Which, frankly, both Bane and Zannah can pull the Dark Side into a physical entity. Bane draws it as a field of life sucking energies, drawing those into himself, but it is centered on him and can't move. Zannah made the tentacles, which can move and react, as well as instantly disintigrate whatever they touch, which is a bit more potent than Banes. And honestly, if Bane covers Zannah with that field while she uses the tentacles to fight, there is nothing that could stop them here. Anyone gets too close? BAM, tentacles kill them. That doesn't work? Well, you got too close, BAM your lfie has been sucked out until you a just a dessicated corpse mummy thing.

GoJuice
Bane destroyed Revan's holocron before he even met Zannah. I don't think we ever learn where she got the technique.

He gave her the Holocron that he got from that Sorceress' temple where all the Technobeasts were. Remember, when he gave it to her he said that if she ever tried to practice any of the techniques on him he would crush her. He used it to learn how to make Holocrons, but he said that most of the techniques were beyond him because it wasn't his strength in the force where as she had already shown ability with sorcery.

Darth Ray Park
Freedom Nadd's Holocron I think.

GoJuice
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
Freedom Nadd's Holocron I think.
Ah, word, word. That's right, he got it from the tomb/temple.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.