Galadriel VS Prequel Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
The elf can use the power of her ring. Sidious cannot use lightsaber, only his force abilities such as Force Lightning, Force Choke or Force Scream. I remember he hadn't redeveloped Force Storm at that time.

dadudemon
Sidious solos.

He does not need to see her to hit her with lightning. Her ring does nothing to save her.

She has no feats.

Sidious can also force crush her based on how much force he could exert with the force.

Pwned
LIES! She can give presents!

Slowpoke
I remember she got the ring of water.

Kazenji
And Frodo got the ring of fire.

Robtard
Frodo had the One ring, the control unit to all the other Rings of Power.

Gandalf possibly has the ring of fire. ""I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor."

Pwned
You see it in the third movie. He does.

A that statement is not about the ring..... stick out tongue

Go read LOTR. And the Silmarillion. And Unfinished Tales 1 and 2. And all those other books.

ares834
Flame of Anor is never mentioned in any of those though. That could certainly be a refrence to his ring.

Slowpoke
Ok, with the ring's power, how does she compare to Sidious?

I am not sure about her fighting style, especially her melee combat.

Pwned
Originally posted by ares834
Flame of Anor is never mentioned in any of those though. That could certainly be a refrence to his ring. Anor is mentioned in one of them, I think it was a city in Beleriand.

Slowpoke
Shouldn't we get back to the topic of the fight?

Pwned
No. Because it should have been closed already. Galadriel has no feats whatsoever. All she can do is give presents.

ares834
Originally posted by Pwned
Anor is mentioned in one of them, I think it was a city in Beleriand.

Anor is the Sun in one of the Elvish languages. There was a city called Minas Anor but it was renamed Minas Tirith.

Slowpoke
No. Because it should have been closed already. Galadriel has no feats whatsoever. All she can do is give presents.

I remember in the novel she showed power to defend against the orcs.

NemeBro
Movie Sidious is more powerful than any Lord of the Rings movie character.

EU Sidious is far more powerful than any Lord of the Rings book character short of Eru Illuvitar and the Valar themselves (And he would beat the shit out of most of them as well, in all likelihood).

Pwned
Originally posted by NemeBro
Movie Sidious is more powerful than any Lord of the Rings movie character.

EU Sidious is far more powerful than any Lord of the Rings book character short of Eru Illuvitar and the Valar themselves (And he would beat the shit out of most of them as well, in all likelihood). Incorrect. Feanor, among many other Elves of the First Age would utterly pwn him.

Beren, Luthien, Melian, Fingolfin. All winners. And Beren is a Man.

the ninjak
Movie feats only. None of this book version assumptions.

Pwned
Originally posted by the ninjak
Movie feats only. None of this book version assumptions. Exactly why I said, "All she can do is give presents"

Robtard
You see it in the third movie. He does.

A that statement is not about the ring..... stick out tongue

Go read LOTR. And the Silmarillion. And Unfinished Tales 1 and 2. And all those other books.

I don't recall seeing it, but good, as he should have it.

It very well could be.

Where in the books does it say otherwise?

Slowpoke
Incorrect. Feanor, among many other Elves of the First Age would utterly pwn him.

Beren, Luthien, Melian, Fingolfin. All winners. And Beren is a Man.

By what feat?

EU Sidious can drain a whole planet's life and create Force Storm.

Pwned
Rob: The Silmarillion. Anor is the Tower of Guard in Beleriand, of the Kingdom of Gondolin. Originally, Minas Tirith was Minas Anor, the tower of Guard. But the name originated in Beleriand as the keep guarding the city itself (I believe)

Slowpoke: Killing dozens of demons. Wounding a god. Going into Hell itself to retrieve a jewel from the crown of Satan. Stopping said god/Satan from entering a realm. Beating Gorthaur the Cruel (Sauron as he was known to the elves in the First Age, for those non-Tolkien buffs smile ) in a magic duel.

And I left out some FAR more powerful people. Like Elrond's father (His name slips my mind atm among all these others)

ares834
No it didn't. Once again Anor simply means the Sun. So Gandalf is claiming he wields the flame of the sun which could indeed be him referring to the ring. Of course, I'd say he probably isn't as he was attempting to keep it secret and it would be a little strange for him to boast about it in front of absolute evil...

Edit: I did a quick search an the name of the Tower of the Guard is Gwarestrin.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke: Killing dozens of demons. Wounding a god. Going into Hell itself to retrieve a jewel from the crown of Satan. Stopping said god/Satan from entering a realm. Beating Gorthaur the Cruel (Sauron as he was known to the elves in the First Age, for those non-Tolkien buffs smile ) in a magic duel.

And I left out some FAR more powerful people. Like Elrond's father (His name slips my mind atm among all these others)

I don't see how is it more powerful than destroy an entire fleet made of battleships, drain life from billions of people. Luke said his Force Storm could even wipe out a planet if used on full power.

ares834
Wait who beat Sauron in a duel of magic? The only time I actually remember that happening was when he fought Finrod, and in that duel Sauron was the victor.

Pwned
Luthien. He had taken the form of a Wolf outside a castle holding prisoners, and the dog (again, name slips my mind) fought him. When Sauron began losing, he began using magic, while Luthien countered it.

Its been a while since I have read the Silmarillion, because it takes a bit of dedication to do so.

And thanks for correcting me up there. I guess I was just confused.

Slowpoke, I am not sure you fully understand. The balrogs, the demons Feanor beat the living sh*t out of, were feared to such an extent that people quivered at the mention of them. They split armies.

And if you are successfully fighting a guy 1 on 1 who is half of the equation in a continent busting argument, then you can take on Sidious. The people are just insane.

Slowpoke
I don't see where the barlogs are more powerful than SW's battleships. Sidious' Force Storm destroyed like 12 ships in merely a secod.

NemeBro
Absolutely nothing Pwned brought up begins to rival EU Sidious.

Big surprise.

ares834
Luthien. He had taken the form of a Wolf outside a castle holding prisoners, and the dog (again, name slips my mind) fought him. When Sauron began losing, he began using magic, while Luthien countered it.

Nah. Huor beat Sauron himself. At the begging, Sauron attempts to attack Luthien but he brushed agaisnt her cloak which she cast a sleep spell on. So Sauron became drowsy and Huor pounced on him holding Sauron's neck in his jaws. Sauron couldn't escape at all until Luthien told Huor to let him free. Still, she is pretty uber and managed to put Morgoth to sleep.

Pwned
Thanks Ares.

NemeBro, if you go read anything from those books, you would realize that they would kick his ass. I have not read them in a while however, so among all the stuff they did, I can't recall all of it. So instead of implying I am an idiot, go and look it up yourself. I am not going to go back and read 3 months of reading just for one thing.

FinalAnswer
I have read the entire Silmarillion

From what I understand, EU Sidious would curb stomp everything up to the Valar.

NemeBro
NemeBro, if you go read anything from those books, you would realize that they would kick his ass. I have not read them in a while however, so among all the stuff they did, I can't recall all of it. So instead of implying I am an idiot, go and look it up yourself. I am not going to go back and read 3 months of reading just for one thing. No, I would realise that you are full of shit and have no idea what you are talking about actually. Which you don't. big grin

Feanor? Lol. Hilarious. Any Force user Galen Marek or Sidious level would murk that fool.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I have read the entire Silmarillion

From what I understand, EU Sidious would curb stomp everything up to the Valar.

LOTR didn't give beings clear level or description of their power. Even Morgoth could be wounded by mortal. Also Sidious got so many troops, battleships and superweapon like the the Death Star and the World Devastator.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Slowpoke
LOTR didn't give beings clear level or description of their power. Even Morgoth could be wounded by mortal. Also Sidious got so many troops, battleships and superweapon like the the Death Star and the World Devastator.

Morgoth had varying power levels, which derives from him spending his power in corrupting Middle Earth.

At one point, he was capable of being harmed by Fingolfin in a fight

Earlier on, he was a giant volcano that could wade through oceans and still hold his head in the clouds, level mountains, and raise canyons.

And even before that, he was capable of contesting Eru Illuvatar with his power.

ares834
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
And even before that, he was capable of contesting Eru Illuvatar with his power.

Nah.

Slowpoke
I know, he went weaker and weaker.

Can Eru Illuvatar wipe out a planet with one strike? Except the Super weapons, power Sith like Darth Nihilus can devour a whole planet's life.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ares834
Nah.

Yah.

During their first singing duel, or whatever the hell that was, Morgoth's song overpowering Eru's. The second one was a stalemate, and the third one had Eru overpowering Morgoth's

ares834
All Melkor did was lead his band in a rousing cover of Paranoid while Eru was trying to conduct Beethoven's ninth.

Sure, he managed to place some corruption into the world of Arda but it was never him striving with Eru in battle. Regardless, once Eru gets pissed he instantly puts an end to ALL music including Melkor's with a single note.

Pwned
Ares is right. It was a single note of discord, which the second and third songs Eru introduced covered up in the end. Melkor doesn;t hold a candle.

Slowpoke, Eru is the equivalent of God. All powerful. He can do WAY more than blow up a planet.

NemeBro, how about you go read the books? Taking a dozen demons of horrible (meaning insane) power, doing things gods could not, nearly storming the gates of Hell. You are the one who apparently does not know what he is talking about. Though honestly, it does not matter at all. Maybe I am just being a fanboy for LOTR, its a great fantasy universe. But its my opinion that Feanor beats the shit out of just about anybody in Star Wars, barring the unkillables like Sion, Nihilus, those losers.

Slowpoke
The God in LotR's world, which was made of continents.

We never see it as big as the galaxy.

Pwned
What? That made.... no sense at all.

Slowpoke
What? That made.... no sense at all.

What feat does Eru have which is bigger than wipe out a planet?

Nephthys
We're talking EU Sidious now? Dude, EU Sidious strips the surface off of worlds, mindrapes m/billions and disintergrates matter without so much as a gesture. No elf can match him. He'd own them with a hard look.

Pwned
Not when the elf tangles with enough demons that they could splinter an army of insanely powerful elves.

Slow, Eru is THE God in LOTR. He creates worlds. He creates gods. There is nothing that could possibly match him. He is all powerful. Sidious does not compare to him in any way whatsoever.

Slowpoke
How big are those worlds? A few planets or continents in one planet?

NemeBro
NemeBro, how about you go read the books? Taking a dozen demons of horrible (meaning insane) power, doing things gods could not, nearly storming the gates of Hell. You are the one who apparently does not know what he is talking about. Though honestly, it does not matter at all. Maybe I am just being a fanboy for LOTR, its a great fantasy universe. But its my opinion that Feanor beats the shit out of just about anybody in Star Wars, barring the unkillables like Sion, Nihilus, those losers. Spouting "demon" and "god" like they mean anything is a sign that you have no argument.

Sidious could telepathically force Feanor to **** Treebeard in the ass, while also making Treebeard enjoy it.

Nephthys
Not when the elf tangles with enough demons that they could splinter an army of insanely powerful elves.

Still then. Sidious is multiple times faster than anyone in the LOTRverse. He could probably walk up and cut the guys head off more likely than not. Or just dominate his mind. Does this elf have a way to counter those tactics?

NemeBro
He doesn't have a way to counter getting telekinetically compressed to a marble either.

Nephthys
Shame. I'm sure he was quite the looker.

Pwned
I will give you the TK. Though you must understand one thing: Feanor is the most powerful of the elves. Power in LOTR is very vague, in most cases. Therefore, please do not expect a complete refutal of anything. I can try stick out tongue

Also, I think we should move this to the LOTR forum, just to be safe.

Anyways, Feanor is very nimble. He is the most athletic elf of his time, and fought a dozen Balrogs, with them losing until one snuck up on him in the confusion. To do that requires inhuman speeds, that could possibly rival Sidious. Possibly. How many strikes before he could blink?

To wound a balrog, you have to hit it quite hard, implying inhuman strength as well.

And actually I believe Melkor attempted to influence Feanor's mind, and it didn't work at all. Now, I think Melkor, the Satan of LOTR, master of manipulation, yada yada yada, is better at dominating people than Sidious, especially considering how its all strength of will, and Melkor had the strongest. (Granted, he only failed because it was over the Silmarils, which Feanor would never give up)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.