Tobi vs blackbeard (original)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rikudo sennin
tobi before rinnegan and without tailed beasts
vs
blackbeard before getting whitebeards powers.

TheAuraAngel
Threads like this always annoyed me. Mostly cause I'm not sure how these two powers would work with each other. Blackbeard draws everything in but Tobi can become intangible. Blackbeard's powers work on that but Tobi's come from a different universe and his powers seem to be based around removing himself from the location. So I dunno.

Tobi wins for his 5 minute Izanagi probably.

SSJGGogeta
Gotta say blackbeard stomps until Tobi goes Rikudo sennin mode.

NemeBro
The main issue Tobi has is that his most viable method of defeating Blackbeard, his time/space jutsu, forces him to get within arms reach of Blackbeard.

Blackbeard is much stronger than Tobi is.

AuraAngel
Strictly speaking Tobi could just hang back and blast him with fire and shuriken until the guy goes down. And of course he could summon the Gedo Mazo.

But I'm honestly not sure how Tobi's powers would work against someone like Blackbeard. His gimmick is that he draws in his opponents while Tobi removes his body parts. They're polar opposites.

TheTyrant
Blackbeard.

AuraAngel
What is his answer to the Gedo Mazo?

TheTyrant
Why would he have the statue? He doesn't even have Rinnegan here.

AuraAngel
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/606/15

And he has been shown using the Mazo to seal something while Pain was away doing other things. If Obito couldn't summon the Mazo then Madara would be an idiot for leaving him in charge lol.

TheTyrant
Ok, but I don't see how that would be a 1 on 1 fight as the statue isn't Obito's creation since he can only somewhat control it. Like Madara can both control and summon an unbounded Kurama, but we don't bring that up in Madara threads. Even then, what impressive thing has Gedo Mazo done in terms of combat? I can't recall anything.

Demonic Phoenix
Summons are considered to be a part of the user's arsenal, much like any other technique or weapon.

Bentley
BB stomps him. He absorbs Gedo Mazo and throws it at Tobi.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Ok, but I don't see how that would be a 1 on 1 fight as the statue isn't Obito's creation since he can only somewhat control it. Like Madara can both control and summon an unbounded Kurama, but we don't bring that up in Madara threads. Even then, what impressive thing has Gedo Mazo done in terms of combat? I can't recall anything.

It casually prevented itself from being crushed by a giant earth technique.

Originally posted by Bentley
BB stomps him. He absorbs Gedo Mazo and throws it at Tobi.

Nah. Much as I like Blackbeard he is honestly not that impressive a fighter. Now Akainu or someone with another logia like that could beat Tobi but Blackbeard is a bad type matchup.

SSJGGogeta
I don't know, BB is much physically stronger, but I agree that he would be at a HUGE disadvantage against Tobi's mangekyo. Also, when has BB ever absorbed something that big? Forgive me, I don't watch or read One Piece that often.

AuraAngel
He absorbed a tiny town. But his absorbing powers are rather slow(allowed Whitebeard and Ace to get in multiple attacks).

tross
Blackbeard wins

kanchhu
Blackbeard waits for the right time to attack and finishes him off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.