Superman vs Thor (punching contest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Here's the setup:

Thor is chained by unbreakable bounds. How many punches does Superman need to deliver to KO him? (Superman is not holding back, and is willing to kill him).

Next, same situation but reverse the places of the heroes.

Third scenario is same as the second, except now Thor uses his hammer (for hitting only, no lightning).

Who KO's the other one faster, and how many punches do you think it will take?

juggerman
1) Superman only needs one

2) Thor would need a few but probably less than five

3) I can see Thor one shotting him here but not 100% sure

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by juggerman
1) Superman only needs one

2) Thor would need a few but probably less than five

3) I can see Thor one shotting him here but not 100% sure

I'm 100% sure Thor is not one-shotting Superman with the hammer. I also don't think Superman is one-shotting Thor either. Superman definitely KO's Thor faster than Thor does Superman, by how much I'd have to think about it.

red sabre
both guys can take punches from beings stronger than each of them, thor took punches from kurse like a champ while superman took darkseid and doomsday punishment like a champ, no one is one shotting the other here, by punching power i think superman has a slight edge, if we add mjolnir thor has the edge

Newjak
This scenario is hard to gauge, it's one thing to take punches while you can move around and roll, less en the impact.

It's another to shit there and take a well-measured punch of that magnitude of power.

Of course these guys are extremely durable and can take a beating as well.

I'll say this though I think

Thor w/ Hammer > Superman Punch > Thor Punch

juggerman
With Thor and Supes just standing there fully taking a 100% full force no holding back punch from eachother im pretty sure we'd see some one hit KOs.

They both usually hold back tremendously and still completely wreck sh!t. If they cut loose im sure they could one shot eachother.

Probably this

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Newjak

celeyhyga17

Same here.

Cogito
IMO Superman's punch, without holding back, is at least as powerful as a Mjolnir strike (w/o holding back)

juggerman
im actually quite conflicted here

Silent Master

carver9
Thor with Mjlonir>Superman punch=Thor Punch

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9

No carv.
Thor can't punch as hard Superman, this is a fact. He may be able to hit harder than Superman with Mjolnir though (only through whirling slams though). But a non holding back Superman may almost equal him or probably surpass him.
IMO
A non holding back Superman punch > or = A mjolnir whirling two hand slam> A Thor two hand downward slam>a Typical Superman punch> or = a typical Thor one hand side swing> a typical Thor punch.

Hyperion Prime

CosmicComet
Superman punch >= Thor w/ hammer >>> Thor punch

Get at me.

PillarofOsiris
I've never seen Thor do anything with his hammer (striking-wise) that comes close to Superman's fists, especially when he's not holding back. Thor's durability is also far lower than Superman's. Even with hammer, Superman will KO thor faster.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Cogito
IMO Superman's punch, without holding back, is at least as powerful as a Mjolnir strike (w/o holding back)

It's possible imo, but it's very close.

golem370
He broke Exitars armor which is an incredible feat that I doubt Superman could dupilcate with his fist

horrorwolf
Thor w/ Hammer >>>>>> Superman Punch = Thor Punch

psycho gundam
DCnU superman doesn't have the feats to justify this thread

quanchi112
Thor with mjolnir>>Superman punch>Thor punch.

biensalsa

thumb up

Zack Fair
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Superman punch >= Thor w/ hammer >>> Thor punch

Get at me.

Silent Master
Thor W/Mjolnir >>> Superman's punch > Thor's punch

h1a8
Thor has different swing attacks with Mjolnir.
He has the whirling (building up speed) downward 2-handed slam.
He has the normal downward 2-handed slam.
He has the normal 1-handed swing.

Taking both characters at their best then
Thor's whirling slam>Superman's punch>Thor's normal slam>Thor's normal 1-handed swing>Thor's punch.

But thread is over, everyone agrees that Superman's punch>Thor's punch

Silent Master
Yep, everyone agress that Thor W/Mjolnir >>> Superman's punch > Thor's punch

ozz81
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor with mjolnir>>Superman punch>Thor punch.
thumb up

Fifthchild
This scenario is hard to gauge, it's one thing to take punches while you can move around and roll, less en the impact.

It's another to shit there and take a well-measured punch of that magnitude of power.

This. Its not an easy thing to hit someone square in the jaw with max power and perfect timing when you are both bouncing around in a fight and they are swingin back at you. Many comic book fights are written as two tough guys just standing there trading punches but if you want to interpret things "realistically" a lot of shots that we see land are going to be closer to glancing blows than anything else. A one hit KO is not unreasonable. But like anything else its going to vary from story to story.

Kind of going between the above and this:
Thor w/ Hammer = Superman Punch > Thor Punch
myself. Theres probably not a lot in it either way.

cdtm
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Here's the setup:

Thor is chained by unbreakable bounds. How many punches does Superman need to deliver to KO him? (Superman is not holding back, and is willing to kill him).

Superman takes Thors head off.

If Superman gets to put his hands on his hips, he tanks it. wink

Thor takes Supermans head off.

Tie, when Thor has his hammer.

biensalsa
This is kind of an infinite debate but...

I can picture two supermen punches colliding with each other while going all out and send ripples though dimensions

But some how is really hard to picture EACH Thor hammer strike shattering time and space even if he is put under the same condition in IC.

I'm sure some Thor fans will see this in a different way, but I don't see how.

I can picture Hulk potentially doing it, Thor? hardly, with his fist? nah!

Note here: Should point out that is Mjolnir is mystically charged then I believe he should.

carver9
Originally posted by biensalsa

I can picture two supermen punches colliding with each other while going all out and send ripples though dimensions

But some how is really hard to picture EACH Thor hammer strike shattering time and space even if he is put under the same condition in IC.

Two Mjlonir strikes has sent shockwaves equal to the big bang before. That's better than anything Superman has done with a hit.

biensalsa
Two Mjlonir strikes has sent shockwaves equal to the big bang before. That's better than anything Superman has done with a hit.

Are you talking about the Mjolnir's colliding?

I guess the big bang can only shatter windows?

Is an impressive feat don't get me wrong, but the big bang statement thing seems iffy

psycho gundam

Note here: Should point out that is Mjolnir is mystically charged then I believe he should. hulk and thor have effected a wide area with their respective physical blows colliding with something, and just like the New Earth superman example they all have context.

carver9
Are you talking about the Mjolnir's colliding?

I guess the big bang can only shatter windows?

Is an impressive feat don't get me wrong, but the big bang thing seems iffy

But the Superman example didnt even do any damage to.the ground beneath them and time was being screwed with anyways by Lex during the time both Supermen were fighting. So your ft seems iffy as well.

biensalsa
But the Superman example didnt even do any damage to.the ground beneath them and time was being screwed with anyways by Lex during the time both Supermen were fighting. So your ft seems iffy as well.

Actually there are examples in which Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, the Hall of Justice, Manhunter were affected as a side effect of the fight. on EARTH 1 fight took place on earth 2

Just read the whole IC arc with it's respective tie ins and you will find the evidence there.

Oh and this was BEFORE the hands started to fuse planets

Fifthchild

Thats fair enough as we all see these characters differently but i can't picture that myself. Superman is very, very strong to my mind but not that strong. Then again it depends on how realistic or otherwise the story is. In a lot of stories the physics can be a lot more accommodating (and i'm not saying thats necessarily a bad thing either).

abhilegend
Superman's punch>Thor w/mjolnir>>>Thor's punch.

Damborgson
Superman has some pretty crazy striking feats. Imo it goes

Thor with Mjolnir >= Superman's fist >> Thor's fist

gogogadgetgo
here we have most people saying thor w/ hammer > superman > thor

then we have the uber fanboys going superman >>>>>>>>>>> thor w/. hammer >>>>> thor

you know who you are biased fanboys!

Silent Master
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo

then we have the uber fanboys going superman >>>>>>>>>>> thor w/. hammer >>>>> thor

Yep, they are basically saying that Superman is several times stronger than Thor.

carver9

abhilegend

laughing out loud @carter

Delta1938

That was a shared feat, because it was when the two Mjolnirs collided. When Kal-El and Kal-L shattered space/time, neither had help. Unless you count them each being durable enough to be hit that hard as a "shared feat?"

Also, the Kals actually retconned things. That's more impressive than the Thor feat. And, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't mystical energy involved in the impact? Meaning it wasn't just pure force? Even if I am mistaken, Superman's is still more impressive.

But then bud, ya also think Thor's punch=Superman's punch. laughing out loud

And when things were even MORE screwed with, Black Adam had done his equivalent of Zeus-Amping(meaning, either amping his strength or just the force of his blows) with the intention of killing Superboy Prime and.....nothing happened.

abhilegend
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo

laughing out loud
Thor fanboys are funny.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yep, they are basically saying that Superman is several times stronger than Thor. By feats he could be. Thor is more versatile though while Superman holds back more which makes them about even.

As for the thread, it should have been:
Who hits harder, Non holding back Superman or Thor with Mjolnir? Keith you should know better.
And Thor has several different types of Mjolnir swings. It should be made clear since it would give the wrong impression that Thor hits harder than Superman in general when he doesn't. The only type of swing that could surpass Superman is a whirling Thor 2-hand down slam. Other swings are at most equal to Superman's punches.

carver9
Can people start providing fts instead of statements.

h1a8

This coming from the fellow who says Thor's punch=Superman's punch when even Thor fans say otherwise.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
This coming from the fellow who says Thor's punch=Superman's punch when even Thor fans say otherwise.

Show me some fts then. I think the both of them is just as strong as the other.

-Pr-

You first.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
You first.

I'm not putting either above the other...I just think fts would be nice instead of just saying "he wins".

Nihilist
Superman in all

Silent Master
If Superman is that much stronger than Thor, he should easily be able to beat classic Thanos in a HTH fight.

Nihilist
If Superman is that much stronger than Thor, he should easily be able to beat classic Thanos in a HTH fight. clear attempt at bating/trolling,reported

Delta1938
I'm not putting either above the other...I just think fts would be nice instead of just saying "he wins".

Then how about you provide the feats to prove your belief? But then again, I do recall on ComicVine how you asked for feats to prove Superman>Hulk and you countered them with nothing but wishful thinking.

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Then how about you provide the feats to prove your belief? But then again, I do recall on ComicVine how you asked for feats to prove Superman>Hulk and you countered them with nothing but wishful thinking.

Whats your screen name on comicvine?

Delta1938
Whats your screen name on comicvine?

Either the same one on here, or just 38 at the end.

carver9
Either the same one on here, or just 38 at the end.

Are you talking about the debate me and Citizenbane had going on because if so, I owned him. The only thing he did was discredit Hulk fts, stating that the fts I presented for Hulk was outside of his power level.

Delta1938
Are you talking about the debate me and Citizenbane had going on because if so, I owned him. The only thing he did was discredit Hulk fts, stating that the fts I presented for Hulk was outside of his power level.

No, I'm talking about you asking me, I gave Superman feats, and you basically said they didn't count.

And you owned someone in a debate? Nobody told me Hell had frozen over. big grin

carver9
No, I'm talking about you asking me, I gave Superman feats, and you basically said they didn't count.

And you owned someone in a debate? Nobody told me Hell had frozen over. big grin

Lol...I always own, my talent just gets overlooked.

I don't remember debating against you. I alway debate against Citizenbane when I'm on that site.

Delta1938

So the guy on the ground is owning, too, Carvy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM04ixtGUOY

big grin

I don't remember debating against you. I alway debate against Citizenbane when I'm on that site.

I posted a lot while I was there, but only stuck around for about a week before I just stopped.

-Pr-

You'd need talent to begin with, wouldn't you?

Zenophobe
this title is misleading as Thor uses his hammer in one scenario, "striking power" would be a better rider.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Nihilist
clear attempt at bating/trolling,reported

If Superman is several times stronger than Thor, why wouldn't he beat Thanos in HTH?

Zenophobe
If Superman is several times stronger than Thor, why wouldn't he beat Thanos in HTH?

Good Question, if he is why wouldn't he beat him. If a comic ever happens when they fight we shall find out!

carver9

You see what I mean...people just look over my skillz. I can teach you Pr. Let me be your role model.

Cogito
You see what I mean...people just look over my skillz. I can teach you Pr. Let me be your role model.

I'd pay good money to audit that class.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Zenophobe
Good Question, if he is why wouldn't he beat him. If a comic ever happens when they fight we shall find out!

I only used Thanos as an example because while he's an above top tier character, he's still well below skyfather...that and his feats are well known. Nihilist is just paranoid.

Delta1938

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa457/Condor3493/e98993d5.jpg

-Pr-

If you had anything to teach, I might have considered it.

carver9
I'd pay good money to audit that class.

Lol.

carver9
If you had anything to teach, I might have considered it.

laughing out loud

Delta1938
Carver: The Loveable Retarded Cousin of KMC. big grin

Zack Fair
LoL@Thor punching as hard as Superman

Silent Master
True, Thor w/Mjolnir actually hits harder.

Zack Fair
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/312/563/05d.jpg

PillarofOsiris
It's hilarious that people think Thor and Superman's punches are equal. Superman can hit harder with his fists, than Thor with his hammer....by a lot. While Thor has other advantages over Superman, strength and durability aren't among them. That's the other thing people are forgetting in this thread. Thor's durability is lower too, so Superman is going to KO him extremely quickly, while Superman's durability is much higher.

quanchi112
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
It's hilarious that people think Thor and Superman's punches are equal. Superman can hit harder with his fists, than Thor with his hammer....by a lot. While Thor has other advantages over Superman, strength and durability aren't among them. That's the other thing people are forgetting in this thread. Thor's durability is lower too, so Superman is going to KO him extremely quickly, while Superman's durability is much higher. It isn't much higher.

Silent Master
It's hilarious that people think Thor and Superman's punches are equal. Superman can hit harder with his fists, than Thor with his hammer....by a lot. While Thor has other advantages over Superman, strength and durability aren't among them. That's the other thing people are forgetting in this thread. Thor's durability is lower too, so Superman is going to KO him extremely quickly, while Superman's durability is much higher.

How much is "by a lot" Let's say that a strike by Thor w/Mjolnir = 100, what would a Superman strike rank as?

Same question in regards to strengh, if Thor = 100.....Superman =?

Zack Fair
Superman = 1,000,000

Colossus-Big C
iirc thor one knocked captin marvel out with a hammer strike. superman has never done so with one punch. also it was to the chest not the face.
mljonir strike>superman punch

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
iirc thor one knocked captin marvel out with a hammer strike. superman has never done so with one punch. also it was to the chest not the face.

facepalm

JakeTheBank

You remember incorrectly.

Some key things to remember about this fight:

A.) It was a crossover in Marvel vs. DC, and as such non-canon and inadmissable as any kind of proof.

B.) Thor beat Captain Marvel via using his powers to deny Batson's transformation via Shazaming.

JakeTheBank
Also, Superman is stronger and overall more durable than Thor. At best, it's significant enough to matter in the long run, but not so much where it's overwhelmingly so.

I think a Mjolnir strike from Thor would hurt and do more damage to Superman more so than a punch from Superman would hurt Thor, though.

Delta1938
It isn't much higher.

And Russia was important to WWII, too.

Delta1938

You recall incorrectly.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Comparing/Thor/Captain%20Marvel/

Thor couldn't KO CM. After Cap turned to Billy, Thor stopped the Shazam bolt from turning him back into Cap.

Zack Fair
Such a retarded fight. Up there with Aquaman vs Namor and Wolverine vs Lobo

JakeTheBank
Thor vs. CM was actually one of the better handled ones, imo.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Such a retarded fight.

Up there with Aquaman vs Namor and Wolverine vs Lobo

thumb down No mention of Wonder Woman VS Storm? mad

Zack Fair
thumb down No mention of Wonder Woman VS Storm? mad

We all know Storm is a goddess. Surely a silly clay doll like Wonder Woman is nothing to her. Zeus lightning be damned.

biscuits

Delta1938
We all know Storm is a goddess. Surely a silly clay doll like Wonder Woman is nothing to her. Zeus lightning be damned.

biscuits

But since she's from Marvel, she's a small goddess from a small world. miffed

Anyways, this is getting off-topic. Superman wins.

PillarofOsiris

If you want to start using crossovers, why don't we just go straight to the Superman / Thor fight and tell me who looked stronger and more durable?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor vs. CM was actually one of the better handled ones, imo.

Captain Marvel couldn't even lift a Merry Go Round off of himself. That wasn't a good fight imo but it was one of the better ones. The Surfer and Lantern fight was better.

Damborgson
The best were probably

Surfer/Lantern

Thor/Cap

Superman/Hulk

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
The best were probably

Surfer/Lantern

Thor/Cap

Superman/Hulk

Spiderman vs Superboy was a good one as well. I also liked the JLA vs the Justice League.

Zack Fair
Captain Marvel couldn't even lift a Merry Go Round off of himself. That wasn't a good fight imo but it was one of the better ones. The Surfer and Lantern fight was better.

I agree.

Kyle vs Surfer was pretty good, like others have mentioned. It was a little straight forward, but it was done well.

Superman vs Hulk was good too.

Bat vs Cap was sort of retarded lol.

Delta1938
The best were probably

Surfer/Lantern

Thor/Cap

Superman/Hulk

If you're talking about quality of fights, I disagree on Surfer/Lantern, but agree with the others. Surfer/Lantern felt even shorter than the other fights(although I doubt it was) and the way it was done, and the actual victory happening off-panel, it felt so uneventful. Which isn't something you'd expect from two high-end energy manipulators fighting in space.

quanchi112
And Russia was important to WWII, too. http://www.2worldwar2.com/russia.htm

Their durability is close. Superman has a slight edge. That's it.

Zack Fair
If you're talking about quality of fights, I disagree on Surfer/Lantern, but agree with the others. Surfer/Lantern felt even shorter than the other fights(although I doubt it was) and the way it was done, and the actual victory happening off-panel, it felt so uneventful. Which isn't something you'd expect from two high-end energy manipulators fighting in space.

Kyle was a newb back then. Still a lot better than Namor getting pawned by a whale. ROFL

Damborgson

It was fairly short. It was just a 2 page fight. But ti had decent action and when they clashed surfer was the last one standing. I liked it over the others in my personal taste.

Silent Master

How much is "by a lot" Let's say that a strike by Thor w/Mjolnir = 100, what would a Superman strike rank as?

Delta1938
http://www.2worldwar2.com/russia.htm

Yes Quanny, I know. The Soviet Union fought in WWII, not Russia, which didn't exist until the early 90's.

Kyle was a newb back then. Still a lot better than Namor getting pawned by a whale. ROFL

Him being a newb doesn't make it any less lackluster. miffed

It was fairly short. It was just a 2 page fight. But ti had decent action and when they clashed surfer was the last one standing. I liked it over the others in my personal taste.

Yeah, I understand they had to keep all the fights short. I was just really underwhelmed by it. If it had happened on Earth where they'd have to be more careful? Yeah, that'd be understandable. But in space where they could go crazy? I was rather disappointed. Oh, and I meant it felt even shorter than it actually was, to clarify.

And to keep this on topic, Superman wins.

quanchi112
Yes Quanny, I know. The Soviet Union fought in WWII, not Russia, which didn't exist until the early 90's.

Him being a newb doesn't make it any less lackluster. miffed

Yeah, I understand they had to keep all the fights short. I was just really underwhelmed by it. If it had happened on Earth where they'd have to be more careful? Yeah, that'd be understandable. But in space where they could go crazy? I was rather disappointed. Oh, and I meant it felt even shorter than it actually was, to clarify.

And to keep this on topic, Superman wins. If I say Russia you know what I mean. You act like you're from another planet. Honestly.

Delta1938
If I say Russia you know what I mean. You act like you're from another planet. Honestly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties#USSR

Do you see "Russia" anywhere there? Do you? No? K concession accepted. Not my fault you don't remember your history old timer.

Delta1938
So, anyways, how many examples are there of Thor taking punches from opponents stronger than him being fine?

For Superman, I can think of him ranging from being ok to tanking punches from Doomsday, Pocketverse Superboy, Quex-Ul(Pocketverse Kryptonian), Darkseid, Superboy Prime and Cythonna off the top of my head.

cdtm
If you want to start using crossovers, why don't we just go straight to the Superman / Thor fight and tell me who looked stronger and more durable?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/40517/1687735-vvs5_super.jpg

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/whistling.gif

Zack Fair
http://superherouniverse.com/articles/fights/superman-vs-thor.jpg

uhuh

carver9
So, anyways, how many examples are there of Thor taking punches from opponents stronger than him being fine?

For Superman, I can think of him ranging from being ok to tanking punches from Doomsday, Pocketverse Superboy, Quex-Ul(Pocketverse Kryptonian), Darkseid, Superboy Prime and Cythonna off the top of my head.

Kurse was 5 times stronger than him and Thor withstood punches from him. There really aren't too many people that are stronger than Thor for us to just throw out names. He was hit by Mangog as well along with Celestials and a pissed, raged, out for blood Odin. The collective slapped him around as well.

Delta1938
Kurse was 5 times stronger than him and Thor withstood punches from him. There really aren't too many people that are stronger than Thor for us to just throw out names. He was hit by Mangog as well along with Celestials and a pissed, raged, out for blood Odin. The collective slapped him around as well.

I thought Kurse was 4 times stronger, not 5. Collective? Was that the bacteria that were altered into higher lifeforms by the Celestials similar to the Eternals, or am I mixing them up?

Delta1938
http://superherouniverse.com/articles/fights/superman-vs-thor.jpg

uhuh

And since Superman's pretty modest, his dials probably go to at least 15.

carver9
I thought Kurse was 4 times stronger, not 5. Collective? Was that the bacteria that were altered into higher lifeforms by the Celestials similar to the Eternals, or am I mixing them up?

You are getting it mixed up buddy. Looking at high end fts of punishment, Thor is above Supes durability wise, looking at average showings, I would put Superman a small notch above Thor. Their strength is even in my opinion, haven't seen any from both putting one above the other.

Delta1938
You are getting it mixed up buddy. Looking at high end fts of punishment, Thor is above Supes durability wise, looking at average showings, I would put Superman a small notch above Thor. Their strength is even in my opinion, haven't seen any from both putting one above the other.

So, who's the Collective again? And thanks for your opinion, Carv. Whenever I see you have the opposite opinion, I know I'm right. big grin

carver9
So, who's the Collective again? And thanks for your opinion, Carv. Whenever I see you have the opposite opinion, I know I'm right. big grin

Lol...too bad I'm right. Thor has withstood attacks from Galactus, Ego, Odin, Surtur, Desak, Destroyer, Celestials, Mangog, a being that was empowered by 10000 gods, Zeus, and the list goes on. When I say withstood, I mean withstand attacks and kept fighting.

So basically, I am right.

biensalsa

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/th_1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

Very, very, very, very basically

10,000 gods = Elec Discharge of 50 Keppler's Supernovas? Black Holes? Super novas? Sun eaters?

Zack Fair
You are getting it mixed up buddy. Looking at high end fts of punishment, Thor is above Supes durability wise, looking at average showings, I would put Superman a small notch above Thor. Their strength is even in my opinion, haven't seen any from both putting one above the other. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltdi7iaaFJ1qaj4gv.gif

biensalsa
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltdi7iaaFJ1qaj4gv.gif

Keeping this one big grin

abhilegend
Lol...too bad I'm right. Thor has withstood attacks from Galactus, Ego, Odin, Surtur, Desak, Destroyer, Celestials, Mangog, a being that was empowered by 10000 gods, Zeus, and the list goes on. When I say withstood, I mean withstand attacks and kept fighting.

laughing out loud

-Pr-

I like how you call shit like that proof, when it really isn't.

Carver, maybe its time you took some debating classes.

carver9
I don't get it...my post was on point. Whatever.

biensalsa
I don't get it...my post was on point. Whatever.

Don't worry Carver KMC still loves you.

-Pr-
I don't get it...

thumb up

Though just fyi, randomly naming off a bunch of enemies isn't proof, as there's no comparison involved.

carver9
thumb up

Though just fyi, randomly naming off a bunch of enemies isn't proof, as there's no comparison involved.

That's why I said high fts. confused

Delta1938

Well Carvy, I was trying to find a good "OH YOU!!" picture, but couldn't find a slightly original one. However, I did find this during my search.

http://us2.memecdn.com/Oh-Really_o_103179.jpg

I just thought I should share. I felt it would be a disservice to the board if I didn't.

Anyways, moving on. First-off, Zeus? Wouldn't his energy attacks be refreshing Thor? That'd be almost like blasting Superman with plasma canon that perfectly mimics our Sun. But for the physical attacks? You want to admit Thor is way more durable than Hulk, be my guest. big grin

So, for Superman when it comes to opponents, we've got Pocketverse Superboy, Doomsday, Quex-Ul, Cythonna, Despero, Darkseid, Superboy Prime, Blaze, Shazam, Emperor Joker(took everything Joker dished-out and bounced back up until getting his heart ripped-out), and more. He wasn't incapacitated by that Sun-Eater thing even though he was weakened. Black holes? I heard that Thor didn't believe he could survive in one. Superman on the other hand has been fine in them. For a few examples.

quanchi112
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties#USSR

Do you see "Russia" anywhere there? Do you? No? K concession accepted. Not my fault you don't remember your history old timer. Google it but anyways Superman has a slight edge with his fists but mjolnir hits far harder than Superman's fists.

biensalsa
Google it but anyways Superman has a slight edge with his fists but mjolnir hits far harder than Superman's fists.

Proof?

quanchi112
Proof? Two hammers colliding and affecting all of reality.

h1a8
Two hammers colliding and affecting all of reality.

That was the mystical energies from both hammers interacting. It had nothing to do with hitting power due to force and strength. If both had indestructible adamantium hammers instead then nothing would have happened whatsoever.

-Pr-
That's why I said high fts. confused

Still isn't proof.

biensalsa
Two hammers colliding and affecting all of reality.

I guess if shared feat of TWO Mjolnir's colliding with each other is enough for you.

I just find SINGLE punches that retcon history more impressive

Even considering the context of both feats

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
That was the mystical energies from both hammers interacting. It had nothing to do with hitting power due to force and strength. If both had indestructible adamantium hammers instead then nothing would have happened whatsoever. We are discussing it's mystical power as well. You don't get to discount it just because it's mystical in nature. The hammers are mystical not adamantium that's the point.

quanchi112
I guess if shared feat of TWO Mjolnir's colliding with each other is enough for you.

I just find SINGLE punches that retcon history more impressive

Even considering the context of both feats Due to certain factors being present sure. But punches from Superman don't just retcon reality in a regular environment.

Delta1938
Spiderman vs Superboy was a good one as well. I also liked the JLA vs the Justice League.

The JLA fought the Justice League?

Over 9,000.

Google it but anyways Superman has a slight edge with his fists but mjolnir hits far harder than Superman's fists.

You finding it on Google only proves that Google is helpful for the clueless.

Oh and Superman has a pretty large edge.

biensalsa
Due to certain factors being present sure. But punches from Superman don't just retcon reality in a regular environment.

How do You know? How many battles have you seen of Superman all out vs another Superman?

I know for a fact that Superman's body can with stand time shattering forces even when there was no Multiverse. He has even survived forces that open Hypertime.

For all you know in a regular environment all out Superman punches have the same effect as the hammers.

I can say the same thing. Single Mjolnir collision alone does not has the same effect.

And I saw plenty top tiers like Black Adam not holding back vs SBP, Why this did not happened when Adam hit SBP?

Why did only happened with the Kryptonians?

carver9

Over 9,000.

Oh and Superman has a pretty large edge.

I meant to say, I liked the Xmen vs the JLA.

-Pr-

You would. Low showings all around.

carver9
You would. Low showings all around.

Naah, that wasn't a low showing...you can tell both teams was holding back. I mainly liked the Batman showing in the beginning. He was working the Xmen.

Delta1938

Technically that wasn't DC VERSUS MARVEL, it was ALL-ACCESS, a sequel. And ironically I just reread it this evening. Or yesterday even, whatever you want to call it.

Naah, that wasn't a low showing...you can tell both teams was holding back. I mainly liked the Batman showing in the beginning. He was working the Xmen.

No, there were plenty of low-showings there.

-Pr-

You saying that only shows your bias.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by cdtm
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/40517/1687735-vvs5_super.jpg

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/whistling.gif

I guess you don't know the context there.

PillarofOsiris

Most eternals are around low to mid, to high Herald level in power (i.e. Ikaris, Ajak, and Sersi). Zuras might be high herald, trans or skyfather depending on who you ask.

A Celestial is a match for a well fed Galactus (some are even MUCH more powerful than that), and they can slap around skyfathers like you and I would swat a fly.

Delta1938
Most eternals are around low to mid, to high Herald level in power (i.e. Ikaris, Ajak, and Sersi). Zuras might be high herald, trans or skyfather depending on who you ask.

I despise the term "Herald."

A Celestial is a match for a well fed Galactus (some are even MUCH more powerful than that), and they can slap around skyfathers like you and I would swat a fly.

That's nice, but what does it have to do with what I asked?

keiththegreat

That's nice, but what does it have to do with what I said?

You asked the difference between Eternals and Celestials, and he showed their different power levels. I'd say it was pretty relevant to your question.

Delta1938
Well Carvy, I was trying to find a good "OH YOU!!" picture, but couldn't find a slightly original one. However, I did find this during my search.

http://us2.memecdn.com/Oh-Really_o_103179.jpg

I just thought I should share. I felt it would be a disservice to the board if I didn't.

I guess I was wrong. I guess most of the board's gay? eek!

Delta1938
Originally posted by keiththegreat
You asked the difference between Eternals and Celestials, and he showed their different power levels. I'd say it was pretty relevant to your question.

I thought Kurse was 4 times stronger, not 5. Collective?
Was that the bacteria that were altered into higher lifeforms by the Celestials similar to the Eternals, or am I mixing them up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternals_%28comics%29#Fictional_group_biography

"When the Celestials visited Earth five million years ago and performed genetic experiments on early proto-humanity, they created two divergent races: the long-lived Eternals , and the genetically unstable and monstrously grotesque Deviants."

No I didn't.

quanchi112

Over 9,000.

Oh and Superman has a pretty large edge. If you know what I meant by Russia and this isn't a college setting then I win. You knew what I meant and do does google. Originally posted by biensalsa
How do You know? How many battles have you seen of Superman all out vs another Superman?

I know for a fact that Superman's body can with stand time shattering forces even when there was no Multiverse. He has even survived forces that open Hypertime.

For all you know in a regular environment all out Superman punches have the same effect as the hammers.

I can say the same thing. Single Mjolnir collision alone does not has the same effect.

And I saw plenty top tiers like Black Adam not holding back vs SBP, Why this did not happened when Adam hit SBP?

Why did only happened with the Kryptonians? Are you referring to the Kingdom which isn't canon ? The only reason he survived in that encounter was due to Gog weakening destroying the artifacts.

We've never seen two Superman fists affect all of reality like the two hammers and I have already explained the context going on in Infinite Crisis.

More powerful characters don't always make the most collateral damage due to the inconsistency in comics.

It's like saying Odin and Seth are more powerful than Galactus and Odin. Comics are inconsistent and don't have to add up.

biensalsa
Are you referring to the Kingdom which isn't canon ? The only reason he survived in that encounter was due to Gog weakening destroying the artifacts.

I don't see where are you getting this information of the Kingdom not being canon. IIRC Kingdom come characters meet NE Characters and the introduction of Hypertime in DC comics comes from there.

We've never seen two Superman fists affect all of reality like the two hammers and I have already explained the context going on in Infinite Crisis.

I ask again when have you seen two Supermen going all out.
When have you seen a guy who can take time shattering forces vs a guy who can deliver time shattering attacks? and to tell you the truth, is funny when You or Carver mention context, because IIRC when I brought up the context behind HTOM/dark dimension weak matter, You both didn't even paid attention to it. And in your opinion how "weak" the universe has to be in order to retcon it?

More powerful characters don't always make the most collateral damage due to the inconsistency in comics. It's like saying Odin and Seth are more powerful than Galactus and Odin. Comics are inconsistent and don't have to add up.

That depends on the amount of fury portrayed by both combatants and the plane in which the battle took place. tbh The fights I have seen vs Seth will not lead me to believe what you are saying.

Delta1938
If you know what I meant by Russia and this isn't a college setting then I win. You knew what I meant and do does google.

If you're really so confident, and you were telling the truth that you don't dispute fact, you would admit that Russia didn't exist during WWII. You're just making excuses.

And Superman wins.

and to tell you the truth, is funny when You or Carver mention context, because IIRC when I brought up the context behind HTOM/dark dimension weak matter, You both didn't even paid attention to it. And in your opinion how "weak" the universe has to be in order to retcon it?

quote: (post)
Saying someone is powerful enough to isn't debating. You need to cite examples to buffer your case. If you don't it's a baseless opinion.

Either debate or hit the road.

There is opinions, but what makes you think "decisively"?

His showings. They are well above top tiers.

red sabre
If you're really so confident, and you were telling the truth that you don't dispute fact, you would admit that Russia didn't exist during WWII. You're just making excuses.

And Superman wins.

ha? russia is the one who spanked the nazi forces how didnt russia exist during WW2?

biensalsa
Originally posted by red sabre
ha? russia is the one who spanked the nazi forces how didnt russia exist during WW2?

That was THE SOVIET UNION

PillarofOsiris
Well, Russia existed as a PART of the USSR. Although they really ran it anyway, so it's more a question of semantics.

Delta1938
Originally posted by red sabre

Nope. The Russian Federation didn't exist until the early 90's. You're referring to the Soviet Union.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>