Vulcan vs Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Bentley
What has Doctor Doom ever done to be paired against the likes of Vulcan? Pft, give the man some prep so he can hang in there for a while, lousy Kang clone.

JakeTheBank
Doom.

ThereIsHope
Ima go with Doom

Horrificus
Doom.

Philosophía
Bump. So we have Vulcan vs Adam Warlock, Black Bolt etc.

How does this go?

leonidas
in a random encounter, no real reason vulcan couldn't power down doom's armor--or his brain--unless we just say, "he's doom". he tough for doom to put vulcan down quickly too, i think. blasting won't do it, and we've seen vulcan deal with magic. he'd need some doomy-tricksy-ness (aka writer power) to logically get out of this match in one piece imo.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas
in a random encounter, no real reason vulcan couldn't power down doom's armor--or his brain--unless we just say, "he's doom". he tough for doom to put vulcan down quickly too, i think. blasting won't do it, and we've seen vulcan deal with magic. he'd need some doomy-tricksy-ness (aka writer power) to logically get out of this match in one piece imo.

Agreed thumb up

With prep id give Doom the majority, but in a random encounter Vulcan would dominate Doom imo

Smurph

GalacticStorm

Magnon
I agree. Random encounter without prep, Vulcan wins. He can control pretty much everything within Doom's arsenal -- magic, the armor's power source, shields, weaponry -- and turn them against Doom.

Smurph

leonidas
for me it's more about how doom would prevent gabriel from taking over the armor or draining it. it's not like vulcan is...blasting him with power. we also saw when he faced the guard that it doesn't matter if he's drained. unless there is some reason to suggest vulcan can't control the energy of the armor, i'm not sure how doom could win. not saying he 100% doesn't have a counter, but in a random encounter? not sure.

StyleTime
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

Vulcan just manipulates Dooms brain impulses to block his access to his powers. An on panel demonstrated ability.
You mean against Rachel? He was amped for that and required extremely close proximity for that. Like...touch level closeness. And an amp.

leonidas
laughing out loud

you don't like vulcan very much do you...?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

you don't like vulcan very much do you...?

Maybe he will like Adam-X better.

If rumours are true, he is the another Summers brother. As revealed in X-Men Legends #1 already, apparently.

StyleTime
Oh, I'm a well know Vulcan hater.

I guess he is associated with such shitty comics for me that I permanently see the image of a toilet when I see his face. Several potentially neat space arcs were wasted on him.

We went from Annihilation to those dumbass Vulcan arcs. And that also gave us that stupid AF Rachel/Korvus thing. ermm

Adam Grimes
What? Are we back in 2009 or something?

StyleTime
I edited "these" to "those." I realized "these" made it sound like it's still going on.

Hickman's Vulcan is currently at least likeable, and I'm enjoying the new take on him. He isn't really the focus of everything too, which helps.

And anyway, Hickman likes him and still has him getting ****ed up by a couple of brood drones so...

Doom stomps.

Wonder Man

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StyleTime
Oh, I'm a well know Vulcan hater.

I guess he is associated with such shitty comics for me that I permanently see the image of a toilet when I see his face. Several potentially neat space arcs were wasted on him.

We went from Annihilation to those dumbass Vulcan arcs. And that also gave us that stupid AF Rachel/Korvus thing. ermm

What do you think of Adam-X, then? laughing out loud

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by StyleTime
I edited "these" to "those." I realized "these" made it sound like it's still going on. It wasn't directed at you. It's just that the Doom prep and Vulkan wank comments seem pulled straight from 15 years ago lol.

StiltmanFTW
KMC is still stuck in 2009, my friend.

Smurph

Smurph
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
KMC is still stuck in 2009, my friend. True.

StyleTime
What do you think of Adam-X, then? laughing out loud
He seems nice enough, but I don't have strong feelings either way on him. He had some corny stuff about him I guess. That 90's backwards baseball cap is something only Grifter has pulled off successfully. I'm not a fan of the actual storyline though.

I feel like Fabian is just like "Finally, I can make this canon like I wanted all those years ago!" I wish they'd let it go at this point tbh. It's not like they've never dropped storylines before. Do Scott and Alex really need new siblings now? Is it actually adding anything meaningful to current X-Men? Adam will go back to being a side character after this anyway.

Maybe Hickman can figure something out with him I guess.

ilikecomics
KMC is still stuck in 2009, my friend.

I miss jakethebank

DarkSaint85
We all do

One Big Mob
No one escapes KMC without the warm embrace of a rope or a car going a little too fast. I want him back too but not if it involves a spooky ghost in the servers.

His troubles are over and I'm glad he went out before things started to really go downhill. You can bet Jake's bank that if he didn't get out when he did that things would have been a whole lot worse.

Rest in peace Jake. Celey will be up there soon buddy. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.