7 Ridiculous Resurrections in Comic Books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Dorkly list

http://www.dorkly.com/article/40112/the-dorklyst-the-7-most-ridiculous-resurrections-in-comic-book-history

and also use thread to talk about other resurrections.

-Pr-
All I know is, a dumbass wrote that list.

Bentley
I just hope they revive the Original Whizzer soon for some Golden Age sillyness.

kevdude
Originally posted by -Pr-

thumb up This is that dumbass's name, Dan Abromowitz!

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Kazenji
Dorkly list

http://www.dorkly.com/article/40112/the-dorklyst-the-7-most-ridiculous-resurrections-in-comic-book-history

and also use thread to talk about other resurrections. Bad list.

StiltmanFTW
Resurrecting Thunderbird I just so he could die again in the same event was pretty dumb.

roughrider
Originally posted by -Pr-

You're saying that because they seemed to be taking aim at Geoff Johns stories more than anyone else? wink

Barry Allen and Jean Grey made more of a mockery of sacrifice than anyone else.

Hal Jordan I wasn't asking to be brought back, but I thought the story & explanation was fairly logical.

Yes - retcon punches are perhaps the worst. But ignoring established stories? Bucky and Mockingbird, neither turn out to be dead (Bucky rescued and brainwashed by Russian officials, Mockingbird kidnapped years earlier by the Skrulls) - except in previous decades we had stories where they were seen in the afterlife. Cap faced off against Bucky and an army of the dead in the Avengers annual of 1987, Mockingbird was seen in heaven during the adventures of Dead Girl in X-Statix.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Kazenji
Dorkly list

and also use thread to talk about other resurrections.

I laugh my ass out when I read number 2. Great article!

-Pr-
Originally posted by roughrider
You're saying that because they seemed to be taking aim at Geoff Johns stories more than anyone else? wink

Barry Allen and Jean Grey made more of a mockery of sacrifice than anyone else.

Hal Jordan I wasn't asking to be brought back, but I thought the story & explanation was fairly logical.

Yes - retcon punches are perhaps the worst. But ignoring established stories? Bucky and Mockingbird, neither turn out to be dead (Bucky rescued and brainwashed by Russian officials, Mockingbird kidnapped years earlier by the Skrulls) - except in previous decades we had stories where they were seen in the afterlife. Cap faced off against Bucky and an army of the dead in the Avengers annual of 1987, Mockingbird was seen in heaven during the adventures of Dead Girl in X-Statix.

Huh?

I was talking about his real lack of knowledge in parts.

Juntai

Q99
Ehhh... there are some not particularly bad offenders on that list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.