Who In Marvel Can Lift 200 Quintillion Tons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
1. Skaar after he absorbed 100 trillion tons of power in that comic
2. Thor
3. WBH
4. Hercules
5. Savage Hulk(the one who overpowerd planet skaar from exploding by pulling the planet together)
6. Grey hulk (after he one shotted the astroid 2x earths mass)
7. Rulk
8. Thanos
9. Silver Surfer
10. Black Adam

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
2. Thor
3. WBH
4. Hercules
5. Savage Hulk(the one who overpowerd planet skaar from exploding by pulling the planet together)
7. Rulk
8. Thanos
9. Silver Surfer
10. Black Adam

confused

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-
confused Why cant black adam do it?

pym-ftw
Why cant black adam do it? read your op
In marvel?
Everyone except #5,6, and 7

quanchi112
Why cant black adam do it? He's mocking you because he's not from marvel. What's wrong with you ?

Colossus-Big C
Oops my mistake.

Who do you think can do it quanchi?

quanchi112
Oops my mistake.

Who do you think can do it quanchi? All the characters you named plus a host of others including Sentry, Gladiator, etc.

carver9
All of them can do it.

JakeTheBank
Captain America

Nietzschean
I am still trying to wrap my head with quintillion and if the earth total weight can be measured in quintillion as well and how many quintillion are there in earth's weight so I can get some kind of reference..

makes my head hurt.

never mind. i figured it out.

earth weighs roughly a sextillion and earth was once believed to weigh roughly 585 quintillion tons.

The Sorrow
2. Thor
3. WBH
4. Hercules
7. Rulk
8. Thanos
9. Silver Surfer
10. Black Adam
Isn't this basically the weight of a small planet? Honestly I'm not sure I see Thor, Hercules or Surfer lifting 200 quintillion tons. Rulk and Skaar likewise couldn't at base levels but probably could eventually by absorbing energy/oldpower.

Nietzschean
Thor has already pushed against the gravitational weight of a score of planets.
I say he could do it.

Silver Surfer did even a similar feat when the weigh of a collapsing universe was pressed against him.. he became a glob but he fought the weight for a good amount of time.

Hercules lifted the heavens so take that as you will..

Skaar's 100 trillion tons is basically just a mountain.

Classic NES
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Isn't this basically the weight of a small planet? Honestly I'm not sure I see Thor, Hercules or Surfer lifting 200 quintillion tons. Rulk and Skaar likewise couldn't at base levels but probably could eventually by absorbing energy/oldpower.

Thor fished up the serpent of midgar who was as big as the earth.

Flyattractor
How mad would Hulk have to get to lift that kind of weight???

Hukl is told there is going to be a Avengers Sequel,but his part has been cut and he won't be in it.

RRRRAAAARRRGGHHH! Hulk Smash Puny Quintillion!

CosmicComet
200 quintillion tons is basically 3 percent of Earth's weight, unless I did my math wrong.

iceman24567

10. Black Adam laughing

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by iceman24567
laughing

No funny part is when Pr pointed it out and he still didn't get it.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by CosmicComet
200 quintillion tons is basically 3 percent of Earth's weight, unless I did my math wrong. you did.

33.3333333%

earth is 600 quintillions.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Nietzschean
you did.

33.3333333%

earth is 600 quintillions.

Oh?

Would you care to show me then? smile

edit: lol. You got it wrong.

Earth is 6 sextillion tons.

The Sorrow
Thor has already pushed against the gravitational weight of a score of planets.
I say he could do it.

Silver Surfer did even a similar feat when the weigh of a collapsing universe was pressed against him.. he became a glob but he fought the weight for a good amount of time.

Hercules lifted the heavens so take that as you will..

Skaar's 100 trillion tons is basically just a mountain.
Thor's feat was hyperbole though, the Midgard Serpent is possibly not far off that weight but it's not the most clear-cut of feats. Lifting Asgard is one of his better recent showings but it was shared, I'm not convinced Thor could lift/move a small planet especially not current Thor. Similar thing for Hercules.

CosmicComet
Asgard doesn't seem to be bigger than a large island anyway.

carver9
Thor's feat was hyperbole though, the Midgard Serpent is possibly not far off that weight but it's not the most clear-cut of feats. Lifting Asgard is one of his better recent showings but it was shared, I'm not convinced Thor could lift/move a small planet especially not current Thor. Similar thing for Hercules.

Thor and Bill didn't lift Asgard. Post the scan, it was all energy.

country1000
Hulk, gladiator, juggernaut with ease.

Classic NES
Thor's feat was hyperbole though, the Midgard Serpent is possibly not far off that weight but it's not the most clear-cut of feats.

How is it Hyperbole? We see the serpent with our own eyes, it's as big as the earth.

Mindset
He doesn't know.

Classic NES
Originally posted by Mindset
He doesn't know.

But the thing wrapped around the globe.

Galan007
A more precise question would be: "Who in Marvel can casually lift 200 quintillion tons with one arm?"

IF you are trying to gauge A/S Superman's feat, that is.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
A more precise question would be: "Who in Marvel can casually lift 200 quintillion tons with one arm?"

IF you are trying to gauge A/S Superman's feat, this is.

Probably only Hulk and Gladiator.

CosmicComet
what's the heaviest thing hulk has held over his head? I'm curious.

carver9
what's the heaviest thing hulk has held over his head? I'm curious.

He pushed back two positive and negative antimatter bombs from each other. He also shifted the tectonic plates of an entire planet at a weakened state.

Magnon
Who can lift 200 quintillion tons? ( = approx. 3% of the Earth's mass)

1. Skaar after he absorbed 100 trillion tons of power?
Nope, not even close.

2. Thor?
Nope, not even close (excluding a couple of anomalous showings).

3. WBH?
Not enough feats.

4. Hercules?
Nope, not even close.

5. Savage Hulk(the one who overpowerd planet skaar from exploding by pulling the planet together)?
Nope, not even close.

6. Grey hulk (after he one shotted the astroid 2x earths mass)?
Nope, not even close.

7. Rulk?
Nope, not even close.

8. Thanos?
Nope, not even close (excluding cosmic artifacts).

9. Silver Surfer?
Nope, not even close.

10. Black Adam?
Perhaps, but unlikely.

Delta1938
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quintillion#Standard_dictionary_numbers

Just to give people some perspective of how much 200 quintillion tons is, it is 200,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons.

http://www.mathcats.com/explore/reallybignumbers.html

Copy/paste the number I gave in case you don't believe me.

I don't know much about Green Scar, but since 100 trillion tons is 1/10th of one quadrillion tons, and 100 quadrillion tons is 1/10th of one quintillion tons, I'm thinking that he won't come close. Since 100 quadrillion tons is 1/100th of a single quintillion, making it 1/20,000th of 200 quintillion. Unless I'm doing the math wrong, which is a possibility, but doesn't change the fact that a hundred trillion tons is still much, much less than even a quintillion tons.

Also it is correct that it was pointed-out that ALL-STAR Superman did this with one hand, with relative ease, and I should add they didn't believe they came close to finding his limit.

Magnon
Originally posted by carver9
He pushed back two positive and negative antimatter bombs from each other.

Matter and antimatter particles have the same mass, and therefore the same gravitational interactions. They possess opposite electrical charges though (electron vs. positron, proton vs. antiproton, and so on).

Since bulk matter is electrically neutral (it has equal amounts of protons and electrons), bulk antimatter is too. Thus, the only notable interaction between two such antimatter bombs is gravity. When the objects in question are so small, the gravitational force between them is almost non-existent.

Thus the quoted feat is not a feat of strength but a feat of ignorance in physics by the writer.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Magnon
Matter and antimatter particles have the same mass, and therefore the same gravitational interactions. They possess opposite electrical charges though (electron vs. positron, proton vs. antiproton, and so on).

Since bulk matter is electrically neutral (it has equal amounts of protons and electrons), bulk antimatter is too. Thus, the only notable interaction between two such antimatter bombs is gravity. When the objects in question are so small, the gravitational force between them is almost non-existent.

Thus the quoted feat is not a feat of strength but a feat of ignorance in physics by the writer.

Which happens a lot.

Classic NES
What's scary is that AS Supes did that feat with one arm and no signs of stress & duress.

Classic NES
He pushed back two positive and negative antimatter bombs from each other.

You mean he kept apart Matter and Anti-Matter spheres.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Classic NES
What's scary is that AS Supes did that feat with one arm and no signs of stress & duress.

IF you are trying to gauge A/S Superman's feat, that is.

Originally posted by Delta1938
Also it is correct that it was pointed-out that ALL-STAR Superman did this with one hand, with relative ease, and I should add they didn't believe they came close to finding his limit.

wink

Igniz
Thor's feat was hyperbole though, the Midgard Serpent is possibly not far off that weight but it's not the most clear-cut of feats.

Its not the weight of the Midgard Serpent that should be viewed in that scene but the pressure it applied in order to crush the Earth.Earth isn't easy to crush since its 6.6 Sextillion tons ball of iron mass.Basically, the Midgard Serpent would need to apply pressure many times the Earth's mass.And its clear from the scene, the Midgard Serpent was crushing the Earth in its coil since it was causing disaster all over the globe.Who knows how much pressure the Midgard Serpent was applying?I'm pretty sure its multiple times the Earth's own mass.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Igniz
Its not the weight of the Midgard Serpent that should be viewed in that scene but the pressure it applied in order to crush the Earth.Earth isn't easy to crush since its 6.6 Sextillion tons ball of iron mass.Basically, the Midgard Serpent would need to apply pressure many times the Earth's mass.And its clear from the scene, the Midgard Serpent was crushing the Earth in its coil since it was causing disaster all over the globe.Who knows how much pressure the Midgard Serpent was applying?I'm pretty sure its multiple times the Earth's own mass.

Earth is not a 6.6 sextillion ton ball of solid iron mass. I don't know what the weight comes to, but a quick search showed the iron core(which isn't solid) composes about 16% of the Earth's volume.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Igniz
Exactly my point it isn't a clear-cut feat, this is basically a guesstimate. All we know is it took a lot of strength and this is probably Thor's best strength feat.

Thanos should be capable and Hulk are the only ones on this list from Marvel I can see lifting the weight of a small planet.

Naija boy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quintillion#Standard_dictionary_numbers

Just to give people some perspective of how much 200 quintillion tons is, it is 200,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons.

http://www.mathcats.com/explore/reallybignumbers.html

Copy/paste the number I gave in case you don't believe me.

I don't know much about Green Scar, but since 100 trillion tons is 1/10th of one quadrillion tons, and 100 quadrillion tons is 1/10th of one quintillion tons, I'm thinking that he won't come close. Since 100 quadrillion tons is 1/100th of a single quintillion, making it 1/20,000th of 200 quintillion. Unless I'm doing the math wrong, which is a possibility, but doesn't change the fact that a hundred trillion tons is still much, much less than even a quintillion tons.

Err skaar (who absorhed 100 trillion tons worth of kinetic power )is not the same character as the Green Scar........

Naija boy
Anyhow as for the people that can do it
- skaar -nope unless he is fighting the worldbresker again and absorbs more
- Thor- yes
- WBH- quite easily
- Hercules- yes
- Savage Hulk or Green Scar- yes
- Grey Hulk - would need to be highly highly enraged but theoretically Yes
- Rulk- yes particularly if he has his absorption
- Thanos - yes
-silver surfer - if he amps his strength enough yes
- black Adam - yes

Endless Mike
All of them can do it.

For once I actually agree with Carter

Delta1938
Exactly my point it isn't a clear-cut feat, this is basically a guesstimate. All we know is it took a lot of strength and this is probably Thor's best strength feat.

Thanos should be capable and Hulk are the only ones on this list from Marvel I can see lifting the weight of a small planet.

In addition to this, it should be noted that only about 16% of the Earth's volume is that molten iron core he was referring to. Most of Earth's mass is basically rock and, well, earth. I would think it'd be easier to tighten strong enough rope/cord/whatever to crush a giant mound of soil than it would be to lift it in something light but capable of containing all the mass.

Originally posted by Naija boy
Err skaar (who absorhed 100 trillion tons worth of kinetic power )is not the same character as the Green Scar........

Be nice, I've been sleep deprived for over a week and made a mistake on similar names. sad AND it looks like you still agree with my point.

Colossus-Big C

Skaar's 100 trillion tons is basically just a mountain. Mountains weight like 50 billions of tons(the one hulk lifted was stated to weight that much),100 trillion is far greater that 50 billion

PillarofOsiris
Considering the Earth is supposedly 6.6 sextillion tons, I'd say anyone here can lift 200 quintillion tons.

Colossus-Big C
Hulk feat of pulling the tectonic plates of a planet together requires sextillions of tons of strength, sextillion>quintillion.not to mention he was moving the tectonic plates to overpower the planet from exploding.

So the force it takes to move a planets tectonic layer+over powering a explosion capable of destroying a planet>>>>lifting 200 quintillion tons.

Also WBH causually destroying a planet and two moons like that puts him FAR over all star supermans strength.

So a planet plus two moons =8 sextillion tons imo. Even if you split the feat in half hulk produced >4 sextillion tons of strength from the mere shockwave of the punch through the air imagin how powerful a punch has to be itself to produce a shockwave that powerful.

Delta1938
Mountains weight like 50 billions of tons(the one hulk lifted was stated to weight that much),100 trillion is far greater that 50 billion

So a mountain range? That's still a lot less than whatever 200 quintillion tons of weight would be. 100 trillion is 2,000 times greater than 50 billion, while 200 quintillion is 2 MILLION times greater than 100 trillion.

Galan007
wink thumb up

The professor also stated (as Supes was lifting said weight) that they had still not found his upper limit. This obviously implies that he could have lifted far in excess of 200 quintillion tons--even with one arm.

Crazy.

Delta1938
thumb up

The professor also stated (as Supes was lifting said weight) that they had still not found his upper limit. This obviously implies that he could have lifted far in excess of 200 quintillion tons--even with one arm.

Crazy.

Yep, I agree. And hahah I just noticed that when I mentioned the it was one arm and all that, I made it unclear that I was referring that you already brought it up.

Oh and on an unrelated note, not done on the Supergirl VS Maxima thing, just haven't gotten around to responding yet. So watch for my reply, I think today.

carver9
Without calculating numbers and looking directly at what was "stated" on panel, that is one of the best lifting fts out there. Kind of like Gladiator...he has the best speed ft "quoted" on panel.

Galan007
Oh and on an unrelated note, not done on the Supergirl VS Maxima thing, just haven't gotten around to responding yet. So watch for my reply, I think today. I may or may not respond, dunno yet.

I've already said pretty much all I can think to say regarding Kara and Max... I've found that if you keep repeating the same shyte over and over, the debates get circular/stale real quick. We'll see, though. If I end up not replying, no offense is intended.

PillarofOsiris
Kind of like Gladiator...he has the best speed ft "quoted" on panel.

lol. I guess you've never heard of the Flash. Not surprised.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
lol. I guess you've never heard of the Flash. Not surprised.

I heard of Flash saying things but never in the act of doing those speed fts.

Delta1938
I may or may not respond, dunno yet.

I've already said pretty much all I can think to say regarding Kara and Max... I've found that if you keep repeating the same shyte over and over, the debates get circular/stale real quick. We'll see, though. If I end up not replying, no offense is intended.

I understand. But it's your fault!!

http://memecrunch.com/meme/575I/oh-you-didn-t-understand/image.png

big grin

Galan007
Lulz.

dmills
not to mention he was moving the tectonic plates to overpower the planet from exploding.

laughing out loud

As for the thread, theoretically a few of them can. But unless I've missed something I can't recall having seen anything remotely close to that on panel. Outside of the All star Supes thing of course. I guess majestic would count as well. Maybe The plutonian with the gravity of a solar system feat.

"Id"
Lobo

CosmicComet
He pushed back two positive and negative antimatter bombs from each other. He also shifted the tectonic plates of an entire planet at a weakened state.

This did not answer the question whatsoever.

WHAT DID HULK LIFT OVER HIS HEAD.

Mindset
Your mom.

Zack Fair
Just Hulk.

CosmicComet
Mountains weight like 50 billions of tons(the one hulk lifted was stated to weight that much),100 trillion is far greater that 50 billion

No.

That mountain in secret wars was far understated weight wise.

Even a small mountain like Stone Mountain, weighs 60% of a billion tons.

A large mountain like Everest is in the trillions.

carver9
This did not answer the question whatsoever.

WHAT DID HULK LIFT OVER HIS HEAD.

Who do you think can lift this and then show me what you are asking for.

CosmicComet
Who do you think can lift this and then show me what you are asking for.

God Damn it Carver.

I asked you a question, because I'm trying to figure out the weight of the heaviest thing he's lifted over his head.

Don't ask me a question in return.

Delta1938
No.

That mountain in secret wars was far understated weight wise.

Even a small mountain like Stone Mountain, weighs 60% of a billion tons.

A large mountain like Everest is in the trillions.

Or, Hulk only supported a small fraction of it, instead of actually lifting it up like people have claimed.

CosmicComet
Or, Hulk only supported a small fraction of it, instead of actually lifting it up like people have claimed.

This is something I've mentioned over and over in other threads yes, and could support the 150 billion ton figure.

iceman24567
Hulk feat of pulling the tectonic plates of a planet together requires sextillions of tons of strength, sextillion>quintillion.not to mention he was moving the tectonic plates to overpower the planet from exploding.

So the force it takes to move a planets tectonic layer+over powering a explosion capable of destroying a planet>>>>lifting 200 quintillion tons.

Also WBH causually destroying a planet and two moons like that puts him FAR over all star supermans strength.

So a planet plus two moons =8 sextillion tons imo. Even if you split the feat in half hulk produced >4 sextillion tons of strength from the mere shockwave of the punch through the air imagin how powerful a punch has to be itself to produce a shockwave that powerful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/hatergonehate-1.gif

Delta1938
This is something I've mentioned over and over in other threads yes, and could support the 150 billion ton figure.

Yeah, it's pretty clear Hulk isn't lifting the mountain(let alone the mountain RANGE like some claim) when there's barely enough of a small space for the others not to get crushed.

Delta1938

REPORTED FOR TROLLING IN AN AWESOME MANNER THAT OUTDOES ALL OTHER TROLLS!!! miffed

CosmicComet
Yeah, it's pretty clear Hulk isn't lifting the mountain(let alone the mountain RANGE like some claim) when there's barely enough of a small space for the others not to get crushed.

Not only is it pretty clear, its stated on panel.

They dug out a wedge in the ground to not get crushed. All the Hulk was supporting was the small circular area above his, tony, reed and everyone else's head. The rest of the base was on solid ground.

dmills
Unless its over 1 fofillion tons I'm not impressed.

CosmicComet
you a clown! /rashad

iceman24567

They dug out a wedge in the ground to not get crushed. All the Hulk was supporting was the small circular area above his, tony, reed and everyone else's head. The rest of the base was on solid ground. Couldn't they just have made a big ass trench and be safe without Hulk needing to lift or support anything lol

dmills
Probably only Hulk and Gladiator.

There isn't a single basis for that claim.

Delta1938

They dug out a wedge in the ground to not get crushed. All the Hulk was supporting was the small circular area above his, tony, reed and everyone else's head. The rest of the base was on solid ground.

Yeah, but I was trying to be nice and not say, "Those people are idiots." Pointing-out EVERYTHING they miss, you've left me no choice.....

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by dmills
laughing out loud

As for the thread, theoretically a few of them can. But unless I've missed something I can't recall having seen anything remotely close to that on panel. Outside of the All star Supes thing of course. I guess majestic would count as well. Maybe The plutonian with the gravity of a solar system feat. Whats so funny?

Colossus-Big C
There isn't a single basis for that claim. Besides hulk pulling together tectonic plates to over power the planet from exploding?
Besides hulk one shotting a planatoid 2x earths mass that was moving toward earth at great speeds? That feat alone requires FAR more than 200 quintillion tons erm

Delta1938
Besides hulk pulling together tectonic plates to over power the planet from exploding?
Besides hulk one shotting a planatoid 2x earths mass that was moving toward earth at great speeds? That feat alone requires FAR more than 200 quintillion tons erm

If Hulk did the asteroid thing on pure strength, instead of durability being a factor, why would he need help to get into orbit? Also, you're not taking into account that the speed the asteroid was moving at would've played a factor in it's destruction.

Colossus-Big C
If Hulk did the asteroid thing on pure strength, instead of durability being a factor, why would he need help to get into orbit? Also, you're not taking into account that the speed the asteroid was moving at would've played a factor in it's destruction. Durability? He needed the rocket because he cant fly confused

Unless you think the mere jet pack propelling hulk produced the kinetic force of 8 sextillion tons which is even more ridiculous than hulk using his dynamic strength to do it.

jet packs that can bust planetsconfused
If that was the case they didnt even need hulk.

Since when is any hulk durable enough to tank a planet ramming into him with no injury what so ever?

I dont see how the speed would play a factor in its destruction? If anything it GREATLY increase the total mass hulk had to overcome.

psycho gundam
Or, Hulk only supported a small fraction of it, instead of actually lifting it up like people have claimed. Originally posted by CosmicComet
This is something I've mentioned over and over in other threads yes, and could support the 150 billion ton figure. that's what happened

molecule man dropped a mountain range on the avengers, and right before it touched down the heroes blasted a small area out of it and hulk braced the ceiling of it as it was crumbling. the portion he braced was stated to be miles of rock, obviously not the entire mountain range in total.

stop listening to morons, they only take intelligence away from you instead of giving you more, especially that phucking carver

Delta1938
Durability? He needed the rocket because he cant fly confused

If you really think that gray Hulk could one-shot that by pure strength, but wasn't strong enough to jump the distance, then I dunno if I could help you with your confusion.

Unless you think the mere jet pack propelling hulk produced the kinetic force of 8 sextillion tons which is even more ridiculous than hulk using his dynamic strength to do it.

jet packs that can bust planetsconfused
If that was the case they didnt even need hulk.

Where did I say the jetpack was what did it? I said it wasn't PURE strength, not that strength wasn't a factor at all. And I pointed-out the momentum of the asteroid itself as a factor.

Since when is any hulk durable enough to tank a planet ramming into him with no injury what so ever?

Well I guess the writer had that in mind when he had Hulk not break his hand.....

But that can go another way. If Hulk wasn't durable enough, how did his hand not turn into a smear of blood on impact?

I dont see how the speed would play a factor in its destruction? If anything it GREATLY increase the total mass hulk had to overcome.

I guess you never saw the results of car crashes at different speeds.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's what happened

molecule man dropped a mountain range on the avengers, and right before it touched down the heroes blasted a small area out of it and hulk braced the ceiling of it as it was crumbling. the portion he braced was stated to be miles of rock, obviously not the entire mountain range in total.

stop listening to morons, they only take intelligence away from you instead of giving you more, especially that phucking carver

You talkin' to Cos and I? 'Cuz I think it's quite clear we don't believe or are influenced by their claims.....

Colossus-Big C
You know when a car crashes it carries the kinetc force of far over its weight.

Delta1938
You know when a car crashes it carries the kinetc force of far over its weight.

So how does that change my point about it wasn't pure strength? Or refute that if Hulk were strong enough to accomplish it through pure strength, that he wouldn't have needed help jumping into orbit?

psycho gundam
grey hulk can't jump into orbit, so he like needed those springs to get there. however it is mostly a durability feat at the end of the day

Delta1938
grey hulk can't jump into orbit, so he like needed those springs to get there

And that's my whole point. If he were strong enough to have one-shot it via pure strength, he wouldn't have needed help to get to orbit.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Molecule Man dropped a mountain range bigger than the freaking Andes on the heroes, the impact literally shook the entire planet. Fortunately Hulk was able to lift and support the part of the mountain they were directly under which was 150 billion tons. The real issue however was that this was the period where Banner's mind was in Hulk's body and he had a lot of trouble staying/getting angry, luckily Hulk's base level depending on the incarnation already starts out at elite level.

psycho gundam
thumb up reed had to make fun of him to make him stronger

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk/mountaindrop1.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk/mountaindrop2.jpg

Dream Stuff
The science in this thread is hilarious.

Anyway, strength feats significantly over 100 tons are notoriously hard to quantify. It's hard to find an analogue for 3(?) percent of Earth's mass. But anyone capable to punching apart planet-sized objects should be given the benefit of the doubt. Anyone moving city-sized objects with ease should get an honorable mention.

So Thor, WBH, and Glads are solid choices.

I don't know a lot about the older Hulks, Skaar and and Herc. Surfer can amp enough to fist fight with just about anybody, but I don't recall that many other strength feats. He usually does his heavy lifting with TK.

Mr Master
=====================

This is what happened before and after the mountain fell ...

... at ground zero ...

that we never got to see in the original story.

=====================

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259400_HULK1.jpg

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259403_Hulk2.jpg

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259405_Hulk3.jpg

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259408_Hulk4.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259411_Hulk5.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259414_Hulk6.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259418_Hulk7.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259420_Hulk8.jpg

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mr Master
=====================

... at ground zero ...

=====================

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259408_Hulk4.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259411_Hulk5.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259414_Hulk6.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259418_Hulk7.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12259420_Hulk8.jpg

whoever drew that needs to be shot

dmills
Nobody.

dmills
On a related note, while we're arguing about who in Marvel could lift a Quintillion tons, I was just reading a story about a 21 ft high, 340 ton boulder that was being transported from Riverside, CA to downtown L.A. It took the crew two weeks to transport it roughly 100 miles. They used a custom made 200+ ft flatbed truck with all kinds of modifications and only traveled 7 miles per day because of all the crap they had to prep just to get the boulder through the city streets ie; taking down telephone wires, overhead traffic lights etc. Crazy.

psycho gundam
"boulder" being the childhood nickname of marwash

dmills
laughing out loud

Mindset
laughing out loud

Delta1938
On a related note, while we're arguing about who in Marvel could lift a Quintillion tons, I was just reading a story about a 21 ft high, 340 ton boulder that was being transported from Riverside, CA to downtown L.A. It took the crew two weeks to transport it roughly 100 miles. They used a custom made 200+ ft flatbed truck with all kinds of modifications and only traveled 7 miles per day because of all the crap they had to prep just to get the boulder through the city streets ie; taking down telephone wires, overhead traffic lights etc. Crazy.

The real question is, why the Hell were they transporting a 340 ton boulder?

KingD19
Because that's what real mean do.

The Sorrow
=====================

... at ground zero ...

=====================

This feat craps all over the notion that Hulk is a low class 100 while calm.

-Pr-
=====================

... at ground zero ...

=====================

bar some dialogue changes, what do you mean exactly?

dmills
The real question is, why the Hell were they transporting a 340 ton boulder?

Well, being that it's California it can only be for one thing... Art. Yep that's right. The boulder was going to Los Angeles to be apart of an exhibit for something or other.

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Molecule Man dropped a mountain range bigger than the freaking Andes on the heroes, the impact literally shook the entire planet. Fortunately Hulk was able to lift and support the part of the mountain they were directly under which was 150 billion tons. The real issue however was that this was the period where Banner's mind was in Hulk's body and he had a lot of trouble staying/getting angry, luckily Hulk's base level depending on the incarnation already starts out at elite level.

Hold up, I specifically recall in the original material that he was bracing a portion to keep it from collapsing on them. I don't remember anything about him lifting it, let alone it actually bring billions of tons. Was this retconned or something?

dmills
=====================

... at ground zero ...

=====================

The hell is this? An addendum? Where's Reed?

Colossus-Big C
Iirc hulk eventually lifted And threw that entire mountain range off of them.

carver9
=====================

... at ground zero ...

=====================

Looking at this, Hulk lifted the entire thing.

Delta1938
Well, being that it's California it can only be for one thing... Art. Yep that's right. The boulder was going to Los Angeles to be apart of an exhibit for something or other.

Stuff like this makes me disappointed at my state.

That is NOT what happened in the original.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Captain%20Nazi%20exposure/Hulk/SecretWars004-06.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Captain%20Nazi%20exposure/Hulk/SecretWars004-17.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Captain%20Nazi%20exposure/Hulk/SecretWars004-18.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Captain%20Nazi%20exposure/Hulk/SecretWars004-19.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Captain%20Nazi%20exposure/Hulk/SecretWars004-20.jpg

whacknasty

Most hilarious gif I've seen in weeks!

I'm not sure about anyone on that list actually, from on panel feats anyway. Closest woud probably be Thor, Hulk (WB) and Black Adam.

Also someone mentioned Lobo, who I agree with.

dmills

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/R2qFh.gif

carver9
Black Adam, Thor, Savage Hulk, Grey Hulk, WBH pinky toe, Thanos, and probably Surfer can all do it with additional trillions added on to it.

Hyperion Prime
=====================

... at ground zero ...

=====================

This is STUPID why did they have to do this????? As far as I am concerned this new stuff is bull shyte.

carver9
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
This is STUPID why did they have to do this????? As far as I am concerned this new stuff is bull shyte.

I like it.

JakeTheBank
Not surprised.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime

It's the same story as the original.

The only difference is that now it's Spiderman that got Hulk angry instead of Reed.

Also, it only adds specs not included in the original.

Reed blanketed the heroes from the concussive shock.

She-Hulk tried to help Hulk and failed.

That's it, other than some additional dialogue.

I thought it was a cool other perspective of happenings.

It's all Canon btw.

Delta1938
I like it.

You would. That's why you're Carter.

By the way, it appears you wussed-out on the Character Ownage. Just admit it.

quanchi112

The only difference is that now it's Spiderman that got Hulk angry instead of Reed.

Also, it only adds specs not included in the original.

Reed blanketed the heroes from the concussive shock.

She-Hulk tried to help Hulk and failed.

That's it, other than some additional dialogue.

I thought it was a cool other perspective of happenings.

It's all Canon btw. If it's canon then haters can dislike it all they want that doesn't make it any less canon.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
If it's canon then haters can dislike it all they want that doesn't make it any less canon.

But what was the point of changing it? What was wrong with how it was? It was just unnessecary. Write something new. confused

Hyperion Prime

It's all Canon btw.

It's cannon, but retarded....yet if it's cannon what happened to the part with Reed?? So all of a sudden histroy was rewritten with no explanation.

dmills
Sooo they changed it to Hulk "lifting" the mountain as opposed to bracing a portion of its debris? Bwahahahaha!

Classic NES
Sooo they changed it to Hulk "lifting" the mountain as opposed to bracing a portion of its debris? Bwahahahaha!

I think that's what it was supposed to be before, but the original comic messed it up. Remember the cover for the issue?

http://http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/46770/1018018-hulk_holds_up_150_billion_tons_super.jpg

Delta1938
I think that's what it was supposed to be before, but the original comic messed it up. Remember the cover for the issue?

http://http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/46770/1018018-hulk_holds_up_150_billion_tons_super.jpg

You do know the primary purpose of the cover is to grab attention, right?

Classic NES
You do know the primary purpose of the cover is to grab attention, right?

I know, but the new version is consistent with the cover.

Delta1938
I know, but the new version is consistent with the cover.

It looks like you're trying to argue the original comic's intent was to have Hulk lift it because of the cover.

Mindset
Hulk catches and braces 150billion tons worth of mountain, that didn't change from the cover, to the comic, to the new comic.

Classic NES
Originally posted by Mindset
Hulk catches and braces 150billion tons worth of mountain, that didn't change from the cover, to the comic, to the new comic.

He didn't lift the whole mountain in the old comic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The comic changed a bit, Hulk was more in a lifting position than in a bracing one but even in the original one I'm pretty sure Hulk was intended to have 150 Billion Tons on his shoulders.

Looking at the new comic, he could very well be carrying a lot more. It seems like he's supporting the entire thing in that one. The Andes is like 7000 km f*cking long, imagine supporting a mass larger than that.

And it was a base Banner Hulk.

Edit: I think the 150 Billion Ton figure was mentioned in the new comic.

Classic NES
It looks like you're trying to argue the original comic's intent was to have Hulk lift it because of the cover.

The feat has always being debated because of the discrepancy between the cover and comic. I'm just glad that it's settled with.

carver9
Hulk is amazing.

Delta1938
Hulk is amazing.

So amazing he gets pwned by WATER.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k570/HulkDisrespect/Random%20Pwnings/Salmons002.jpg

Still waiting for you in Character Ownage, Carter. miffed

biensalsa
So amazing he gets pwned by WATER.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k570/HulkDisrespect/Random%20Pwnings/Salmons002.jpg

Still waiting for you in Character Ownage, Carter. miffed

Hey leave Carver alone!

mad

JakeTheBank
Ugh

carver9
Lol@Delta,

I will reply to you when I get off of work.

Delta1938
Originally posted by biensalsa
Hey leave Carver alone!

mad

NO!!!!

Lol@Delta,

I will reply to you when I get off of work.

Really?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198409_481790638513431_1855069626_n.jpg

psycho gundam
which one of those guys are you?

dmills
Hulk is amazing.

Phuck.

JakeTheBank
lol

Delta1938
which one of those guys are you?

The non-midget off camera who comes in and owns both after the picture is taken. Carter's the midget losing.

psycho gundam
nope, you're the one wearing the shorts as if they were pants

The Sorrow
laughing out loud

Hyperion Prime
Hulk is amazing.

Damn it Carver.

dmills
Marvel just couldn't leave well enough alone. They took what was a good sensible feat and went full retard with it.

celeyhyga17
Marvel just couldn't leave well enough alone. They took what was a good sensible feat and went full retard with it.

"full retard"

Rofl....

laughing

whacknasty
Has anyone said Blue Marvel or Wonderman? I'm not sure, possibly maybe for both?

carver9

Marvel loves me. I might have to send them an "off shirt" pic. If a Marvel editor is reading this, keep giving me these fts.

carver9
Originally posted by whacknasty
Has anyone said Blue Marvel or Wonderman? I'm not sure, possibly maybe for both?

Blue Marvel can do it, Wonderman can't. He struggled lifting fifty thousand tons.

celeyhyga17
Marvel loves me. I might have to send them an "off shirt" pic. If a Marvel editor is reading this, keep giving me these fts.

Can't argue with that. Even in the Avengers movie Hulk stole the show. The Banner love affair just keeps on rolling. Sigh...

All hail the Gamma-Father.

whacknasty
Blue Marvel can do it, Wonderman can't. He struggled lifting fifty thousand tons.

Ah, ok. Thanks. Wonderman always seemed like he was right on the edge of awesomeness to me, but he never quite makes it.

How about Kurse or Mangog?

Delta1938
nope, you're the one wearing the shorts as if they were pants

Wrong. I'm way more than twice the man Carter is.

carver9
Originally posted by whacknasty
Ah, ok. Thanks. Wonderman always seemed like he was right on the edge of awesomeness to me, but he never quite makes it.

How about Kurse or Mangog?

Kurse is 4 to 5 Times stronger than Thor (stated on panel) and Mangog has threaten Asgard with physical might alone. They both should be able to do it easily.

I agree, Wonderman is a MONSTER...I would love to see Marvel making him an elite Herald.

carver9
Wrong. I'm way more than twice the man Carter is.

Who is Carter because if this is true, he need to slap the HELL out of himself.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Can't argue with that. Even in the Avengers movie Hulk stole the show. The Banner love affair just keeps on rolling. Sigh...

All hail the Gamma-Father.

I am proud to have coined the Gamma Father term.

One day it will show up in canon.

Mshinu
Squirrel Girl
Loebforce Rulk (with his little finger)
Colosso-phoe-naut-ix
A pissed off whining Spiderman with hemeroids
Captain America with the CapPunch
Dr Doom since he can overpower Hulkie Boy physically

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>