Spec Ops: The Line

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Comes out this month

W_4axuLbjuo

5W18cwEfEkw

tried out the demo it very Gears of war like for the controls, You can alot more with the squad-based tacts which Gears 3 lightly touched on.

jalek moye
BetrYtAaKSA

Kazenji
Yep... that's the demo that i played cept it didn't freeze.

-Pr-
Played the demo. Not a day one purchase, but i'll give it a go when the price goes down...

RE: Blaxican
Yeah. This is getting the "70% off on Steam" treatment. It'll probably bomb too, so the wait won't be that long.

Kazenji
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yeah. This is getting the "70% off on Steam" treatment.

Must be only on the US steam server that sale

i liked the game going by the demo...but yeah i'm not hyped up to buy it day 1.

Smasandian
You never had the crazy Steam sales like "70-80 percent off"?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
You never had the crazy Steam sales like "70-80 percent off"?

I've checked.....This game has no Sale.

-Pr-
Yet.

Smasandian
I think he meant that this game is a prime candidate for a 75% of sale.

In 4 months I say.

Phanteros
-B_FRhbvN5Y
Not really seeing anything spectacular.

Kazenji
From what i've gathered about this game they've marketed it wrong...It has a good story and there's also a message in it but its the gameplay itself that lets it down.

BackFire
Got this game the other day. Honestly I'm very impressed. The gameplay is pretty standard, plays like Gears of War, though the gameplay isn't as tight.

The star here is the atmosphere and the extremely bleak story and mature tone in which that story is told. It actually is trying to make a comment about the horrors of war and the mentality it produces. There are some scenes of such extreme horror and brutality that it made me wince, which is not easy to do. There are also some branching paths in the narrative based on choices you can make at various points, and some of these made me feel legitimately guilty.

It's refreshing to see a game like this at least trying to tell a serious and complex story in the military shooter genre. I wish more people would buy games like this, so more would come out. The developers deserve to be rewarded for a narrative this fresh and powerful.

Granted this game probably isn't worth the full 60 dollar price, but now that it's down to around $30 I highly recommend it.

Tzeentch._
I have heard that very thing, regarding the storyline and atmosphere, on multiple occasions. I played the demo- the actual gameplay itself was so sloppy and "meh" I couldn't justify buying the game -but I feel a bit guilty about not playing it due to the high acclaim its stories gotten.

It's only thirty bucks on Steam. I might get it at some point.

Kazenji
The multiplayer that this game has which i've tried out for a little while just seems tacked on. Can tell which part of the game the dev's concentrated more on.

BackFire
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
I have heard that very thing, regarding the storyline and atmosphere, on multiple occasions. I played the demo- the actual gameplay itself was so sloppy and "meh" I couldn't justify buying the game -but I feel a bit guilty about not playing it due to the high acclaim its stories gotten.

It's only thirty bucks on Steam. I might get it at some point.

The gameplay really is not bad. Sure, it's not as tight as something like Gears of War or Call of Duty, but it doesn't feel any worse than Uncharted did, to me. There's some awkward things about the controls, but they're pretty easy to get used to.

-Pr-
I found the controls fine when I played the demo. This game is on my "will buy at a lower price" list. So should be soon enough.

Smasandian
I'm waiting for the eventual Christmas sale on Steam. You know it's going to be 50 percent off, or even 66% or 75%.

The demo was pretty cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.