Cell Count

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the ninjak
People have been arguing about the originality in Horror movies. I reckon this film is a amongst many others signifying that 2012 is going to be an good year for horror.
Tells the tale of medical volunteers who donate there bodies to science to discover a cure for a terrible disease. But all is not what it seems.

Xj8FyGLhLwo

the ninjak
Well I saw it. And really liked it!

There is something about Horror based in a limited confines that always seems to work with good actors and plot.

Kind of like Big Brother but in a science facility. Only the ending felt a bit rushed because it started to get really hardcore.

Anyways a good 7/10 for me. It just needed to be longer and more controversial.

Kazenji
So its one of those movies that has gone straight to dvd?........i'll look around for it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well I saw it. And really liked it!

There is something about Horror based in a limited confines that always seems to work with good actors and plot.

Kinda like Cube? I really like that simple little film.

I watched the trailer up there. I'm intrigued. The comparison to Cronenberg peaks my interest.

the ninjak
Yeah check it guys and share your opinions.

Patient_Leech
I downloaded this. I'll try to watch it soon. smile

Patient_Leech
I'll be honest, bro. I didn't really get it. I'm not sure if we weren't supposed to know what was going on the whole time, or what..

It's entertaining, but far from perfect. Some of the horror effects were pretty good, edited pretty well, but certain things (like Condom Head for example, lol) just became comical because they showed it too much. And the doctor was a little over-the-top as a "mad scientist" type. And yeah, the ending did seem rushed. There was no resolution whatsoever. Bad ending. And I found most of the film a bit too puzzling. "This terrible disease, this terrible disease..." They never say what the disease is, which was a bit frustrating to me..

But it was entertaining with some good performances and a few decent horror effects. Long haired girl who just stared blankly for most of the movie looked like an ex-girlfriend, which was kind of weird, lol (was her "leg blister" on the wrong leg?). And that looked like a Baldwin brother... the driver at the end. Yes it WAS. lol

the ninjak
Heh heh. Yeah that was a Baldwin.

The plot was confusing but I lkied that because that's what the patients were going through.
The trippyness of the film was very Cronenberg as well.

Patient_Leech
Fair enough. Yeah, I can kind of see a Cronenberg influence there, but it wasn't as well directed as Cronenberg. He doesn't use that annoying shaky cam all the time and his direction is superb.

the ninjak
True no one can beat Crone at his own game.

Patient_Leech
So did I hear you say that there is a sequel to this? I mean, it looked like it was getting into Robert Rodriguez territory a little bit at the end, heh... so I would be curious to see it continued.

the ninjak
Nah I just hope there is one.

A prequel would be nice. Then a third film showing what happens to the survivors.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, good thinking. A prequel is a good idea, 'cause it has a lot to explain.

dynamix
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Kinda like Cube? I really like that simple little film.

I watched the trailer up there. I'm intrigued. The comparison to Cronenberg peaks my interest.

haha cube was the first movie that popped up in my head too when he said small confines.

the ninjak
Originally posted by dynamix
haha cube was the first movie that popped up in my head too when he said small confines.

OK have you seen the film? What do you think?

dynamix
I haven't. But the premise sounds very interesting and being a sci-fi/horror fan, i'm more than likely going to watch it. I'll definitely give my thoughts once i do.

ToddEFreeman
Hey everyone. Thanks for checking out Cell Count. The movie is coming out on iTunes, XBox, PS3, Amazon Instant, VUDU, and CinemaNow on Nov. 13th. Available for the first time in HD as well as the final version of the film.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you dig the flick. We are proud of it and excited for people to see the final version.

Excited that we'll be making the sequel next year! The story... doesn't end here.

Drop me a note if you have any questions and thanks again. We can't make movies without the fans!

Todd

buyfacebo
Russell Carpenter reluctantly admits his wife Sadie into an experimental treatment facility for her life threatening disease. While locked in this prison like surrounding they, along with 6.

the ninjak
Originally posted by ToddEFreeman
Hey everyone. Thanks for checking out Cell Count. The movie is coming out on iTunes, XBox, PS3, Amazon Instant, VUDU, and CinemaNow on Nov. 13th. Available for the first time in HD as well as the final version of the film.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you dig the flick. We are proud of it and excited for people to see the final version.

Excited that we'll be making the sequel next year! The story... doesn't end here.

Drop me a note if you have any questions and thanks again. We can't make movies without the fans!

Todd

Cool. Thanks for the update. Am definitely intrigued to see where the movie goes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.