Bruce Wayne vs Legato (Trigun)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
We all know about Batman's no killing policy. If there's one person who follows the rule as strictly as he does it's Vash. And we remember how it worked out for him. So...

Bruce ends up in a similar situation Vash was in when he faced Legato. Wayne doesn't get any prep and has no gadgets. Only a gun. Legato is trying to force Bruce to kill him using the same tricks he used with Vash including tp assault, a crowd of innocent mindcontroled people and hostages (lets say Dick and Alfred). How does it go? And please, give reasons. "Batman will find a way" does not count as a reason. Neither does the "Batkick FTW".

How it happened in Trigun - 01:53

bAtlla_G1Dg#t=0m32s

Endless Mike
It turns out Batman had set up an anti-telepathy field in advance, had the rest of the bat family in waiting to free the hostages, and then beats Legato into submission.

SquallX
Originally posted by Endless Mike
It turns out Batman had set up an anti-telepathy field in advance, had the rest of the bat family in waiting to free the hostages, and then beats Legato into submission.

That's far too much, all is needed is the awesome bat kick. cool

pym-ftw
Manga legato kills him with ease

Anime telepathic legato convinces Bruce to kill him.

iceman24567
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Batman has better tp defenses than Vash he's not getting mind controlled by Lagato. Also Batman would kill him once he weighs the pros and cons

pym-ftw
Originally posted by iceman24567
Batman has better tp defenses than Vash he's not getting mind controlled by Lagato. Also Batman would kill him once he weighs the pros and cons
Based on what, vash isn't even human, and he killed legato because he would have killed the girls.

Legato controlled an entire city.
Legato is a casual bullet dodger not aim dodger.
Legato also isn't telepathic, he controls electro magnetic fibers that control muscle movements as explained in the manga.

Prep-Man
Legato.

iceman24567
You just posted that his powers were telepathic erm

pym-ftw
You just posted that his powers were telepathic erm
Anime powerset was never explained but was hinted at being tp.

Manga is the original source so is Canon.
Even without control, he's much faster than Bruce.
he can push himself past human and can even move after being paralyzed.

pym-ftw
Sorry double post ;]

iceman24567

he can push himself past human and can even move after being paralyzed. Well i saw the anime version posted and i never read the manga so i also assumed it was just normal tp too erm

Sixth_Winged
Lol Legato comes looking so much better than most Telepaths in comics in the anime. Guy is what psionics in comics ought to be.

pym-ftw
Well i saw the anime version posted and i never read the manga so i also assumed it was just normal tp too erm
It's ok the Manga differs from the anime.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Lol Legato comes looking so much better than most Telepaths in comics in the anime. Guy is what psionics in comics ought to be. You serious?

cdtm

he can push himself past human and can even move after being paralyzed.

Was his powers from Vash's arm?

That seemed implied, and Knives did have powers of his own. But it raises the question of why Vash was unable to resist Legato's control.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by cdtm

That seemed implied, and Knives did have powers of his own. But it raises the question of why Vash was unable to resist Legato's control.
No, in the Manga he's a cyborg and stalemated knives until he was paralyzed and buried alive

He survived that and then built a robotic coffin walker to get around

SamZED

That seemed implied, and Knives did have powers of his own. But it raises the question of why Vash was unable to resist Legato's control. Vash did resist his control. Legato couldnt force him to shoot or to use the Angel Arm.

cdtm
Originally posted by SamZED
Vash did resist his control. Legato couldnt force him to shoot or to use the Angel Arm.

But he "did" force Vash to shoot.

The point, I think, was to make it Vash's choice and corrupt him. If Legato made him pull the trigger, there's nothing on his conscience.

SamZED
But he "did" force Vash to shoot.

The point, I think, was to make it Vash's choice and corrupt him. If Legato made him pull the trigger, there's nothing on his conscience. Legato knew Vash better than that. It wouldnt have changed anything for Vash. And Legato did try to force him with tp but Vash resisted. He also made him activate the AA. Vash resisted that too. Didnt look like Legato cared much how it happens as long as it does.

pym-ftw
Legato doesn't have tp :P

psycho gundam
We all know about Batman's no killing policy. If there's one person who follows the rule as strictly as he does it's Vash. And we remember how it worked out for him. So...

Bruce ends up in a similar situation Vash was in when he faced Legato. Wayne doesn't get any prep and has no gadgets. Only a gun. Legato is trying to force Bruce to kill him using the same tricks he used with Vash including tp assault, a crowd of innocent mindcontroled people and hostages (lets say Dick and Alfred). How does it go? And please, give reasons. "Batman will find a way" does not count as a reason. Neither does the "Batkick FTW".

How it happened in Trigun - 01:53

bAtlla_G1Dg#t=0m32s http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/j.gif

Mindset
Legato wins.

Sixth_Winged
You serious?

Yes

SamZED
Legato doesn't have tp :P Meh.. just typing "tp" is easier than describing whatever the hell his powers are.

tross
Mr.Bluesummers

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Yes he's a small time telepath even mid tier guys like emma frost and mantis would put him to shame

pym-ftw
Meh.. just typing "tp" is easier than describing whatever the hell his powers are. that's like saying maneto has tp sad

SamZED
Bump
Will Bats break his rule?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.