Darker Than Black.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Has anyone else watched this? I just got through season 1 and it was incredibly awesome. A near perfect ending to a great show.

If I was reviewing it I would give it a strong 9. A very strong plot filled with intriguing and likable characters with gorgeous animation and set design (can an anime have a set? Er. It was pretty, you know what I mean >_&ltwink. The show is very interesting in that every episode is a 2-parter, which made it very hard for me to stop watching, and I always watched both parts. Its freaking addictive. All the characters get their own episodes to develop and they all walk away as very sympathetic. So take this as a highly recommended watch. And I watched it with the dub, which was excellent imo and is also a recommendation.

At the moment I'm considering whether to watch the OVA and second season, since I've heard that the second season is really different from the first and since I liked the first season so much I don't want to see Hei as a drunk without powers.

RE: Blaxican
I've never seen it, but I've heard only good things about it.

BloodRain
Must have been having an odd day when watching it as I only got to ep 2 or 3 before giving up. Definitely going to check it out again at some point though, usually characters and a plot like thos attracts me.

Mm had the same feeling about getting to season 2... I recommend watching them anyhow, may as well for getting this far. Then come post here if its worth watching <_<

Nephthys
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I've never seen it, but I've heard only good things about it.

Same thing. I held off on looking at it because I thought it was going to be more like a typical shounen. A brooding hero protecting his love interest from superpowered bad guys. Nope. That goes out the window right away. Its a lot different than that, and I find that really cool. Its really dark and realistic, and it has an undertone of mystique that I loved. Its cool putting the pieces together. And i loved the fact that it starts dealing with the fact that Contractors are pretty much a whole new species. Its so interesting imo.

Originally posted by BloodRain
Must have been having an odd day when watching it as I only got to ep 2 or 3 before giving up. Definitely going to check it out again at some point though, usually characters and a plot like thos attracts me.

Mm had the same feeling about getting to season 2... I recommend watching them anyhow, may as well for getting this far. Then come post here if its worth watching <_<

Will do. I think I'll watch the OVA first. They released season 2 first and it has a lot of unexplained differences to the first season, and then released the OVA's which filled in the plot and explained what happened in the time gap. I guess they wanted us confused but bugger that.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Has anyone else watched this? I just got through season 1 and it was incredibly awesome. A near perfect ending to a great show.

If I was reviewing it I would give it a strong 9.

Holy ****. You have piqued my interest.

*adds to instant queue*

Nephthys
Well Gaiden was good. Though I have no idea what the fvck happened at the end there. The first episode of season 2 was promising, a strong re-introduction to the setting. So I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Nephthys
Well holy shit. Here I was ready to give season 2 a 6 or 7 but then it pulls off another great final episode. I'm really looking forward to a 3rd season now, and its sure to come after that imo. Really, a great series that ended in the best way, with me wanting more.

jalek moye
Is Either season 2 or the OVA dubbed?

Nephthys
Its all dubbed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.