Egypt's Junta Gives Itself More Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/world/middleeast/egyptian-presidential-vote-enters-second-day.html?_r=1&ref=world

So...yeah, I'm not really surprised. But hey, that means no Shariah, right?

RE: Blaxican
TEqg3bQJ2C0

TheBigManRevo
Haha they'll try to but the Military Council will Give them a **** in their Arse if they tried to Destroy my homeland big grin Because the council to make a war with israel (I agree with that for now but I realy that this israel must be invaded but later)

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheBigManRevo
Haha they'll try to but the Military Council will Give them a **** in their Arse if they tried to Destroy my homeland big grin Because the council to make a war with israel (I agree with that for now but I realy that this israel must be invaded but later)
I love how you're cheering on the death of nascent democracy.

Who is the 'they' in your statement?

Also why should Israel be invaded?

TheBigManRevo
Well I hate Military Council But I hate muslim Brothrehood More

1-Military Council is just Supervising (Officiall on July ,1)
2-they are Good at military things so they know what's Good and not good in their field
3- Muslim brotherhood are Just going to do What they want (see the last few months)
4- it's not democracy as you think there was a religion usage to make people vote for them
5-Muslim brotherhood are Violiting the Childeren and womem rights

Why israel sould be invaded

1- they invaded palestine first
2- never heard of people made their own Country and kick the original citizens out (except for Americas)
3- they kill everything they can kill

Omega Vision
Well I hate Military Council But I hate muslim Brothrehood More

1-Military Council is just Supervising (Officiall on July ,1)
2-they are Good at military things so they know what's Good and not good in their field
3- Muslim brotherhood are Just going to do What they want (see the last few months)
4- it's not democracy as you think there was a religion usage to make people vote for them
5-Muslim brotherhood are Violiting the Childeren and womem rights

1-Supervising what? They've given themselves Legislative powers and they're threatening to give themselves executive power as well.
2-their field should be defending the country from external threats, not policing internal affairs.
3-I actually haven't seen them do much but talk--I have however seen SCAF in concert with judges appointed by Mubarak dissolve the democratically elected parliament and take the writing of the new Constitution into their own hands
4-The greatest weakness of democracy is that it can allow people to oppress themselves.
5-The essential problem with supporting the military council out of fear of Shariah law is that you're potentially sacrificing everyone's rights for fear of the rights of women.

1. The answer isn't to forcibly relocate the Israelis...though I'd agree with stopping them from building more settlements.
2. It happens all the time. It's happened in Egypt many times.
3. Nice blanket statement. Israel's government's policies aren't cause for an invasion--and it would be catastrophic for Egypt at this phase. How long do you think Egypt would maintain its military stature without American military aid?

TheBigManRevo
Originally posted by Omega Vision
1-Supervising what? They've given themselves Legislative powers and they're threatening to give themselves executive power as well.
Where I read their Announcement they made for themselves the Appility to make laws and stop any military decision they don't and it's temporary announcement
2-their field should be defending the country from external threats, not policing internal affairs.
So?
3-I actually haven't seen them do much but talk--I have however seen SCAF in concert with judges appointed by Mubarak dissolve the democratically elected parliament and take the writing of the new Constitution into their own hands

Explain more

4-The greatest weakness of democracy is that it can allow people to oppress themselves.

that's Why I don't Muslim brotherhood nor Military Council

5-The essential problem with supporting the military council out of fear of Shariah law is that you're potentially sacrificing everyone's rights for fear of the rights of women.

nope the Sharia Law Destroys All Countries Applied on them and I don't fear Sharia Law but my fear that my country would not have a Future

1. The answer isn't to forcibly relocate the Israelis...though I'd agree with stopping them from building more settlements.
2. It happens all the time. It's happened in Egypt many times.
When?
3. Nice blanket statement. Israel's government's policies aren't cause for an invasion--and it would be catastrophic for Egypt at this phase. How long do you think Egypt would maintain its military stature without American military aid?

What is the military aid doing With israel??

Well if the government policies is not the cause so What's the Cause

Robtard
Why israel sould be invaded

1- they invaded palestine first
2- never heard of people made their own Country and kick the original citizens out (except for Americas)
3- they kill everything they can kill

J-3VxOqHI-4

TheBigManRevo
Originally posted by Robtard
J-3VxOqHI-4

Then

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Omega Vision
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/world/middleeast/egyptian-presidential-vote-enters-second-day.html?_r=1&ref=world

So...yeah, I'm not really surprised. But hey, that means no Shariah, right?

Yeah, no ''dead people sex'' laws, no ''children getting married to old perverted men'', no hand chopping, head chopping, no stonings.

Looks like it won't be Iran vol. 2. Good news.

TheBigManRevo
Stament #4 I don't want Military Council ...... etc

Omega Vision
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yeah, no ''dead people sex'' laws, no ''children getting married to old perverted men'', no hand chopping, head chopping, no stonings.

Looks like it won't be Iran vol. 2. Good news.
No, but it might be Pinochet's Chile without the beautiful mountain scenery and more hummus.

My question to you is if secular oppression is a desirable inoculation to a potential theocracy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.