Which Form is best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Ginger
My friend and I were once again, talking, and we couldn't decide which lightsaber fighting style is best. Please post AND vote.
Form 1: Hack And Slash, like Kit Fisto.
Form 2: Elegant and Precise, like Count Dooku.
Form 3: All Defense until there's an opening, like Obi-Wan.
Form 4: Acrobatics with quick strokes, like Yoda.
Form 5: Power Attacks and Defense, like Anakin.
Form 6: No Strengths or Weaknesses, like Exar Kun.
Form 7: All Offense, Like Mace Windu.

Lord Lucien
Do you... not know their names?

Nephthys
Obviously its Form 8: Crazed baseball bat swings, like Luke.

RE: Blaxican
Everyone knows heavy form's the best. Jedi Academy and Outcast confirm this. Fast form's the lamest.

Master Ginger
I wasn't including the option of heavy, medium, or fast styles, just the ones the Jedi Order recognized before Order 66. And to Lord Lucien, the names in order are: Shii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu, Ataru, Djem So/Shien, Niman, and Juyo/Vaapad

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Everyone knows heavy form's the best. Jedi Academy and Outcast confirm this. Fast form's the lamest.

No, spamming double-bladed butterfly attacks is best.

Lord Lucien
DFA attacks are the best. Heavy form FTW.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Master Ginger
Acrobatics with quick strokes...

big grin

Zampanó
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
No, spamming double-bladed butterfly attacks is best.
I always preferred dual-weilding sabers with Master Force Speed and Master Flurry.

Stealth Moose

Q99
I'm going to judge based on users.

Almost no-one at the top tiers uses Shii-Cho, and Yoda's the only high-level who seems to make Ataru work as a primary form, so they're out.

Makashi has Dooku and Shaak Ti, which is pretty good, but some of the others have stronger lineups.

Soresu, Obi-Wan, Zannah. Also not bad.

Juyo/Vaapid, of course has Mace, but behind him, there's Maul and not many other notables who use it as a primary form, though most of the best have at least some training in it. Galen Marek had it as one of his two mains too.

No weaknesses seems to work out pretty well once one gets to higher levels. It might not be the best for the mid-rank, but quite a few high level users do use Niman. Exar Kun, Darth Krayt, and... well, Exar Kun and Darth Krayt.

Djem So has Bane and Anakin and Kyle Katarn, though, plus Luke using it as one of his primaries, topping the rest, IMO.

(And not really including practitioners like Palps and Kas'im who didn't favor any form)

So gonna go form V here. While any form can be dangerous in the right hands, it's a favored choice of more high-end users than the others.

Darth Ray Park
Hmm... not sure I agree with this approach.

Q99
Well, that's how I'm voting on, but yea, there's plenty of other good approaches. Makashi's pretty darn awesome in my book.

Master_Galen
Originally posted by Q99
Well, that's how I'm voting on, but yea, there's plenty of other good approaches. Makashi's pretty darn awesome in my book.

Makashi is one of the best forms for lightsaber dueling, but is has been proven to be weak against Djem So, which imo is the best form. A lot of the best duelists use Djem So:
Anakin, Luke, Bane, Malak, Kyle, Ulic.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Master Ginger
My friend and I were once again, talking, and we couldn't decide which lightsaber fighting style is best. Please post AND vote.
Form 1: Hack And Slash, like Kit Fisto.
Form 2: Elegant and Precise, like Count Dooku.
Form 3: All Defense until there's an opening, like Obi-Wan.
Form 4: Acrobatics with quick strokes, like Yoda.
Form 5: Power Attacks and Defense, like Anakin.
Form 6: No Strengths or Weaknesses, like Exar Kun.
Form 7: All Offense, Like Mace Windu.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/aa6b1461.jpg

I wonder if there are any questions about the Star Wars Universe out there that have more obvious answers than this one.

Arhael
Originally posted by Battlemaster
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/aa6b1461.jpg

It proves it as second best form. Because Luke's Form 8 baseball bat took out even more powerful version of Palpatine in much younger body.
Baseball bat.
Duh. laughing

juyomaster34
Juyo/Vaapad
Vaapad, Duh... yes yes yes

NewGuy01
All forms have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Overall, Djem So, and Vaapad/Juyo take it, imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.