What do you hate and like about high school??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
So yeah what do or did you hate and like about high school in general? Can also mention past memories etc..

Digi
Hate: that you're a kid; that we're expected to pretend that some random 4-year stretch is a seminal period in our life, when it's usually far less formative than the next 4-8 years for most

Like: I didn't die; made some friends that I still have; long-ass makeouts (as opposed to long ass-makeouts, which are far worse)

inimalist
like: I will never be in high school again.

Peach
Originally posted by inimalist
like: I will never be in high school again.

Haha, this...

Shakyamunison
Ya, high school sucked. College was far better.

Digi
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

ArtificialGlory
Hate: everything.

Like: nothing. I guess I had a couple classmates that were pretty cool people, but that's it.

Dr Will Hatch
Hate: That you're forced to be there against your will. No matter how interesting the subjects are(they usually aren't). No matter how good the teachers are(ditto). No matter how ambitious you may be, or educated you wish to be, there's always going to be some resentment stemming from the fact that you're thought of by the state as just "some stupid kid" who can't make their own decisions. Also, the fact that you have to associate with people you never consented to being around.

Like: Some of the teachers/students were cool.

Bardock42
Generally I didn't hate school. My problems mainly came from not being able to wake up at the ungodly hours they wanted us to be there and not doing homework, cause **** homework.

I'm not good at that sort of rigorous set up anyways, I learn best on my own or in a small group of people of my choosing.

Astner
Like: Most of the teachers were very enthusiastic and insightful, and you'd even sit and talk to them during lunch. The education was pretty decent as well, and I notice even now on the Internet that most people didn't receive the same level of education as I did during that time. Free food. Granted, I spent my dad's money on sushi most days of the week, but it's something you really do appreciate nowadays. The people. You could talk with pretty much everyone in your class, and even the ones in the parallel class. In fact most of them started talking to you if you sat alone! There was also a competitive atmosphere in our class, and we all tried to score the highest on the tests given.
Dislike: My Swedish teacher. She must suffer from some kind of social disorder because she'd randomly spew the most insulting comments. For instance, there was this girl in our class called Valerie who had gotten a haircut, and the first comment that came out of this teacher's mouth was: "But Valerie, what have you done with your hair?"

Overall it was an awesome experience, a simpler time where you didn't have to worry about plasma physics and computational wave propagations.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Astner
Dislike: My Swedish teacher. She must suffer from some kind of social disorder because she'd randomly spew the most insulting comments. For instance, there was this girl in our class called Valerie who had gotten a haircut, and the first comment that came out of this teacher's mouth was: "But Valerie, what have you done with your hair?" That is what you'd call "the most insulting comment"?

You Swedes must be an emotionally fragile bunch.

RE: Blaxican
Astner's american.

I hated School. I was a socially awkward Jehovah's Witness kid, and I've never had the kind of mindset that would allow me to thrive in a High School setting, from a work perspective. My GPA in High School never surpassed a 1.8 across the four years I was in it, whereas the lowest grade I've gotten in the last three years of college was a C+ in Spanish (and I never ever studied it outside of class).

But if I went into High School with the personality I have now, I'd rock it.

Mindship
Liked: simpler time, less responsibility, started lifting - lots of gains.
Hated: didn't really hate high school. I did not like junior high.

Astner
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Astner's american.
No I'm not.

RE: Blaxican
Yes you are.

Insomniatric
High school is fun. Can't complain.

Astner
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yes you are.
Why do you think that I am?

Bardock42
These Americans, always denying their Americanness.

inimalist
can you blame them?

Astner

jaden101
I hate that people that are still in high school come on to KMC and post mundane shit like this thread.

Bardock42

ADarksideJedi
I liked the teacher did not like the kids or the way the rules was not followed plus it was a bad highschool to begin with so that did not help!

siriuswriter
I love how once you're out of high school you gain enough wisdom to not worry about high school problems. Because really, high school drama ought to be left at the door when you graduate.

Most of the people in this forum are older than that; I don't feel nostalgic at all about high school. It's four years of whatever, and then you discover that nobody really cares if you know how to figure out the density of a metal ball or if you mark your paper correctly using PAND.

Astner
High school was more about reasoning and understanding than knowledge anyway. There were plenty of questions -- especially on biology tests -- that we had never heard before.

For instance: "Why does a cat lick its wounds?" Evolution conditioned felines and other animals to soak their wounds in saliva, so there should be a reason. One of the reasons is that saliva contains bacteria killing enzymes. The other is that it's a coagulant, meaning that it stops bleeding.

Now there was a lot of memorization as well, but I never valued that as much. Why put dates and names to memory when you simply can look them up? That's probably why I ended up studying physics, because it's all about analysis and deduction.

Anyhow, you do use a lot of what you've learned in conversations. Ranging from politics and economy, to biology and IT. Also, from experience I've found that women you date appreciate when you're able to provide an explanation to most questions.

TheBigManRevo
Well I didn't Go to High school yet but it wouldn't be different from past Education

Dislike :
1- beating us in Humlating way
2- Swearing us in the Middle of the Period like saying oh you sons of Bitchs , your mothers are Whores you're Gays and so on
3- Bad Books Which I wonder Why it's Made
4- Bad Mode of the school
5- Bad Building Dirty Bathrooms
6- Private lessons we should in order to learn what we should learn and in some cases we must take a Private lesson with Certin Guy not to fail in the Marks of the School year
7- the Relatives of the teachers and people Who Adminstrate school are treated differently from us Better I mean

jackwrites
I never hate about school......
I like to go to school very much...
School is best life i very enjoyed my school life.
We all friends go to watch movies daily..
We watch TV show's at my home ...
We most watch (Survivor) TV show.......

wakkawakkawakka
Meh I don't hate High School because as of now it's all but a complete blur. My college experience(s) have overshadowed my high school ones to the point where I could honestly care less what happened.

But I guess I should answer the question to the thread

Like: Teachers that got me interested into physics and helped me understand basic calculus; I'm far from perfect in both though. Gaining internship experience through contacts that the school had provided. Being aware that I'll never have to go through it again no expression

Dislike: The constant reminder from both students and the school enviroment that I'm going to be just another number. The depression that came from realizing that said experience really wouldn't matter in the long run; college craps all over high school life. Then there were the students who had better chances at succeeding in life and took the time out to rub it in my face.

manikunis
The thing i do not like in high school was the PT and Math Teacher.
I love the girls in the school

edda0199
what i like is the laughter of my friend and me ,that time we don't need to worry abou t anything ,we can laugh loudly and play crazy.you know i hope i can back to that time ,but never.
homework is ill,i hate that forever..
-mmhunter-

crystalmaden
I hate so much projects to work on.

Archaeopteryx
I liked High School, what I can remember of it, I smoked a lot of dope. That was a looooooooooooooong time ago.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheBigManRevo
Well I didn't Go to High school yet but it wouldn't be different from past Education

Dislike :
1- beating us in Humlating way
2- Swearing us in the Middle of the Period like saying oh you sons of Bitchs , your mothers are Whores you're Gays and so on
3- Bad Books Which I wonder Why it's Made
4- Bad Mode of the school
5- Bad Building Dirty Bathrooms
6- Private lessons we should in order to learn what we should learn and in some cases we must take a Private lesson with Certin Guy not to fail in the Marks of the School year
7- the Relatives of the teachers and people Who Adminstrate school are treated differently from us Better I mean
I'm so glad I don't live in Egypt.

Digi
I had some seriously sweet makeouts in high school. Like, sex is better, so adulthood rocks, but man, there were some friggin' intense makeouts.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
I had some seriously sweet makeouts in high school. Like, sex is better, so adulthood rocks, but man, there were some friggin' intense makeouts. laughing out loud

Oliver North
PSA:

If you are in highschool, have as much sex and do as many drugs as possible. This is the best time for it in your life, and you will be an interesting person as an adult.

Robtard
and/or a junkie with incurable STDs.

But yeah, I have to agree with the PSA.

Oliver North
Originally posted by Robtard
and/or a junkie with incurable STDs.

ya, but you are way less likely to have that happen if you are in highschool

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Oliver North
ya, but you are way less likely to have that happen if you are in highschool Give it a couple years and we'll be looking to teens to spread the STD love.

Yurika
I made few friends in high school. Kind of gray for me

Erdelyi
I hate my primary level Education. I enjoy in my high School with friends.

Major_Lexington
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

thumb up

Kelly_Bean
I liked the fact that I had a lot of good times but just didn't really know it, if that makes any sense. I was so focused on getting out of High School and beginning my so called "life" that I didn't realize how much fun I was having until it was all over and reality smacked me in the face.

I disliked how I never really could get a good grasp on anything. I was and still am a hard learner. I never really did good with grades.

JorgKirsch
I think very bad and bored days I spend in High School But going to High school is must in your life.

JackRule
I like high school so much. I enjoy in my high school with games and entertainment.

JettJobson
I like my college life.

movie1
I hated being a loner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.