Mace Windu Lives!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nlbite
I remember reading an old thread in this forum debating whether or not Mace Windu really did die in Episode 3. That just happened to be the topic of a fan fiction script I wrote titled 'Star Wars: The Search for Windu'. In it I suggest an alternate theory as to what happened to Mace as well as the story of how he got involved again in the fight against the Empire. Spoiler Alert: He meets up with Luke Skywalker between Empire and Return of the Jedi.

If you feel like giving the 24 page script a read... check it out. Just go to wattpad.com and look up Star Wars: The Search for Windu.

We're also looking to have this story made into a non-profit graphic novel to be posted and shared on the web for free. More details on that to come in the future.

Lord Shadow Z
I hold to this theory too even now and vehemently fight any claim from anyone that he perished! Had they shown a scene with him landing on a building, burnt and obviously dead then fair enough but from what we know of the Jedi and their powers...off screen deaths don't really work for me in that regard. I needed to see it to believe it.

I tried to write a fan-fic with regard to MW surviving but I lost the enthusiasm. I kind of get bored with writing, I always feel like it's not going anywhere and just give up.

nlbite
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I hold to this theory too even now and vehemently fight any claim from anyone that he perished! Had they shown a scene with him landing on a building, burnt and obviously dead then fair enough but from what we know of the Jedi and their powers...off screen deaths don't really work for me in that regard. I needed to see it to believe it.

I tried to write a fan-fic with regard to MW surviving but I lost the enthusiasm. I kind of get bored with writing, I always feel like it's not going anywhere and just give up.

Thanks for the reply. I felt the same way. I mean how many Jedi survived being hit with force lightning? Having their arms cut off? Falling from obscene heights? Mace was the head of the Jedi Council and therefor probably the most skilled Jedi alive second only to Yoda. I have no doubt he could have survived.

And I totally understand the difficulty of finishing writing projects. I was lucky with this project in that I was driven not only to address the issue of Mace's probable survival but to take on another issue I have with the Star Wars saga. I don't wanna reveal too much of the story.. but I wanted to explain how Luke goes from a Jedi pupil who gets beaten by Vader in Empire to a skilled jedi in the beginning of Return of the Jedi.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by nlbite
Thanks for the reply. I felt the same way. I mean how many Jedi survived being hit with force lightning? Having their arms cut off? Falling from obscene heights? Mace was the head of the Jedi Council and therefor probably the most skilled Jedi alive second only to Yoda. I have no doubt he could have survived.

And I totally understand the difficulty of finishing writing projects. I was lucky with this project in that I was driven not only to address the issue of Mace's probable survival but to take on another issue I have with the Star Wars saga. I don't wanna reveal too much of the story.. but I wanted to explain how Luke goes from a Jedi pupil who gets beaten by Vader in Empire to a skilled jedi in the beginning of Return of the Jedi.

Exactly, they go through some pretty heavy damage so I figured if he used the Force to arrest his fall somehow then he could be plausibly helped by a concerned citizen afterwards. Even the Emperor took some deflected damage that permanently altered his face, Luke also took a heavy barrage (had some problems in the EU afterwards I believe but still survived).

I think back to AOTC and the way Anakin was Force jumping all over the air traffic chasing the assassin and Yoda's battle with Palpatine in ROTS, especially how they were moving from pod to pod with no effort. Even though severely injured his will to survive would still have been strong, especially with the Sith rising up.

Yeah, well I read a lot of books but don't really think too far ahead when I've tried to write and most of it comes out through improvisation and it's all based on momentum. When I lose that the story falls to pieces and I leave it. I can write good short sequences I feel but can't sustain it into a large project through mostly doubt that it's any good. That's when I go back to drawing which comes more naturally for me.

sweersa
I hope he survived! I have hope, but he most likely died.

JediRobin23
Logic alone, if he survived the lighting/fall, he died before ANH during the time Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi

sweersa
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Logic alone, if he survived the lighting/fall, he died before ANH during the time Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi

He could have gone into hiding like Obi-Wan or Yoda did.

roughrider
Is this a revival of the conspiracy theory that Mace got plastic surgery, an artificial hand and became Lando Calrissian? wink

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by roughrider
Is this a revival of the conspiracy theory that Mace got plastic surgery, an artificial hand and became Lando Calrissian? wink

I've never come across that theory, that's way out!

JediRobin23
He has a point. Mace windu being alive thoery is so far fetched, that you can make up anything

queeq
As far fetched as bringing back Maul from the dead with mechanical legs... Who would think that up? wink

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by JediRobin23
He has a point. Mace windu being alive thoery is so far fetched, that you can make up anything

It's not far fetched at all if you'd read my earlier posts on how other characters have survived many horrible injuries/situations. Anakin alone had - let me see - lost his hand previously (a recurring trend in SW), then in ROTS both his legs and survived being burnt to a crisp in lava with no hint that he was going to perish at all and upon getting help (which was far from instant) he survived.

Mace had a hand cut off (as have many in SW, they survived), he was shocked with Sith Lightning (as has Luke and he survived), sure both together is heavy punishment but so is being burned alive by lava with both of your legs cut off.

You see when the The Emperor gets chucked down the shaft in ROTJ, there's an explosion of some kind which gives the impression he's been killed by it. With Mace's 'death' theres nothing, just a weak propulsion out of a smashed window, which for a Jedi, who are capable of levitation and manipulating gravity is nothing. Luke survived that fall in ESB with his hand only recently been cut off so there's another example.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
As far fetched as bringing back Maul from the dead with mechanical legs... Who would think that up? wink

SuperShadow did. I'm not joking! big grin

Maybe he was legit after all. Hehe.

BruceSkywalker
Mace is indeed alive.. due ti sith sorcery he has become Nick Fury, Head of S.H.I.E.L.D.

roughrider
I guess until some comic or novel depicts a scene where Mace's body hits the pavement on Coruscant, this theory will continue to be out there.
It's up to Uncle George. It was several years after ROTJ that he finally said Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc Pit. Soooo...

JediRobin23
Then this should be EU

queeq
It already is.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
It already is.

Really? I'd love to check that out.

I heard he had his arm reattached, then grew a mustache and became an administrator for some place around Bespin.

Thoren
I always thought he was hit by one of those speeding cars on his way down. ermmnone

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Thoren
I always thought he was hit by one of those speeding cars on his way down. ermmnone

He would have to have been really unlucky for that to happen. In all seriousness he falls sort of below the shattered window so it's unclear for me. Personally I think he made it.

I mean, with the Force he could very easily get help either with or without the use of suggestion, Palpatine's order wouldn't have come through that fast to capture/kill the Jedi. The public didn't really know anything until his political address so, although damaged he would have time to get off-world if he ditched the robes.

I draw the line at him landing in a bacta tank factory, even I wouldn't go there. big grin

sweersa
I wonder what happened to his lightsaber. I'm not sure how durable they are, but I assume any damage it suffered after the fall would have been cosmetic at the very least.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by sweersa
I wonder what happened to his lightsaber. I'm not sure how durable they are, but I assume any damage it suffered after the fall would have been cosmetic at the very least.

It probably did, he was propelled far from it though and it would be a risk trying to get it back anyway - along with wearing the robes it wouldn't be a good idea.

Maybe young Boba Fett finds it as the last clue to his father's killer... along with a severed hand and charred robes...

Now a film of a grizzled Fett hunting Windu would be a cool story to see!

queeq
Sounds like EU to me.

Hybris
http://www.wattpad.com/5277358-star-wars-the-search-for-windu

If this it it, I read a few pages and did not like it. Mostly because of the following things:

1) A Jedi Interceptor not look fishy compared to an X-Wing? The only person who probably still flies one of those from time to time is Vader himself.... So that would make it very conspicuous and drawing attention.

2) Mace Windu just going by the name of Mace? And opening a bar that is named after himself? Hiding in plain sight is one thing, but this is a bit too much, I think.

3) The EU and movies have always depicted Mace as one of the most serious persons in all of Star Wars. The way he talks to Luke, he sounds like a drunk... Desillusioned and disappointed is one thing, I think it's exaggerated.

4) A Wookiee called Steve? Wow...

5) Obi-Wan telling Luke to go to a planet he has never been to, to find a Jedi Master who can teach him the ways of the Force. Very original... I think it would have been better to make their meeting a coincidence. But that's just me.

6) The name Skywalker rings a bell? The guy single-handedly put in motion the events that led to the destruction of the Jedi Order... I'm pretty sure Mace would remember his name...

Overall I think the characterisation of Windu is too flawed. He sounds more like Jules from Pulp Fiction than Mace Windu, sometimes.

queeq
He even quotes scripture. Not the Bible but Jedi Prophecy.

nlbite
Well the story is meant to be a bit of parody of the Star Wars universe. Its not perfect or meant to fit into canon exactly.

And your right Hybris.. Mace isn't like the old Mace we sat in the prequels. He is more like Jules or the Samuel L Jackson we're used to seeing. I wanted him to be a flawed Jedi character. I mean if you were the head of an organization sworn to defend the government and suddenly everyone turns on you.. all your friends and companions are killed off.. and you were powerless to stop it or fix the situation... over time you'd become angry and probably depressed at your failure.

Also that script posted online is kinda old. I've revised the story since then. :P

Right now I'm trying to make this story into a graphic novel. I have about 180 people following out progress on facebook. If you guys would like to know more about it look us up on facebook: keywords (The Search for Windu)

queeq
It's a new cult! ;-)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.