Superman vs Marvel team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
CIS off for superman.

Vs

Gladiator
Beta ray bill

Naija boy
Team

Cogito
Superman.

Not because I feel he's actually more powerful than Gladiator and BRB combined, but because I feel CIS is that significant a deterrent in comics.

PillarofOsiris
I'd put money on CIS-less Superman one-shotting BRB (Thor has basically one-shot him before, so it's not that ridiculous...though he might have been in WM...don't remember). Regardless, even if he doesn't one-shot BRB, Superman should win this. He's beaten bigger and tougher teams than this duo of watered down clones.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I'd put money on CIS-less Superman one-shotting BRB (Thor has basically one-shot him before, so it's not that ridiculous...though he might have been in WM...don't remember). Regardless, even if he doesn't one-shot BRB, Superman should win this. He's beaten bigger and tougher teams than this duo of watered down clones.

You don't believe what you say... Right?

The duo murder the shit out of him.

quanchi112
Team stomp.

PillarofOsiris
He's beaten tougher teams with CIS ON. CIS is off for him, and the OP says nothing about CIS for the team. They get massacred.

quanchi112
He's beaten tougher teams with CIS ON. CIS is off for him, and the OP says nothing about CIS for the team. They get massacred. Such as ?

Prep-Man
Supes.

-Pr-
Team more often than not.

Pre-reboot Superman would have a chance, but I still don't know if he'd win a majority.

tkitna
Team destroys him.

Colossus-Big C
Team Destroys Him. he might end brb though

Diesldude
Superman wins.

whacknasty
I know a lot of folks attack Glad's whole confidence thing, so I'm not going to go too overborad on it. If he starts the fight at his normal full levels, then he should be able to hang around long enough to be a deciding factor I think.
I've seen debates where Glads slugs Supes and when Clark doesnt fall instantly, Glads and his confidence downward spirals into defeat...
I'll say pre new 52 Supes can still win at least half, not sure about new 52.

PillarofOsiris
CIS is off for Superman and on for team. I can't believe this is even being debated.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by -Pr-

Pre-reboot Superman would have a chance, but I still don't know if he'd win a majority.

I'm assuming it's pre-reboot. If not then I'd change my stance.

Newjak
Going with the team.

carver9
Originally posted by whacknasty
I know a lot of folks attack Glad's whole confidence thing, so I'm not going to go too overborad on it. If he starts the fight at his normal full levels, then he should be able to hang around long enough to be a deciding factor I think.
I've seen debates where Glads slugs Supes and when Clark doesnt fall instantly, Glads and his confidence downward spirals into defeat...
I'll say pre new 52 Supes can still win at least half, not sure about new 52.

I would like for anyone to show me a scan of Gladiator losing confidence against a peer or someone more powerful than him. The only time Glads lose confidence is against someone far weaker than himself...against people that is withstanding attacks from him that he knows should die. In a fight against Superman, his confidence should increase which would mean his power would increase as well which also means superman is dying.

carver9
I'm assuming it's pre-reboot. If not then I'd change my stance.

You are hilarious.

Mshinu
Team. Every time. CIS on doesn`t mean they will act like a pair of Rhinos.

Endless Mike
Team

JakeTheBank
Gladiator's confidence is a virtual non-issue in a forum fight. Really, the only times it should even be brought up is if he's dealing with an empath/telepath or someone specifically able to effect his confidence.

Half the time, it's used as a crutch so people can write off his losses or lower end feats as "well, he just wasn't confident then" which makes NO sense as 9/10 times his confidence isn't even mentioned in comics. The other half of the time, people think in the midst of a fight, his confidence will suddenly drop if he's getting beat up, which is almost as dumb.

h1a8
Originally posted by keiththegreat
CIS off for superman.

Vs

Gladiator
Beta ray bill

CIS off for Superman while the other characters are in character?
Superman wins then.

He is much stronger than either (especially with CIS off), has intangibility, has pressure point ability, better combat speed and mobility than either, etc.

country1000
Gladiator and BRB will kill an opponent without even thinking about it in character. This is spite against superman pre-reboot or not. Gladiator himself would not need BRBs help, nor would BRB need gladiator to beat superman cis on or off. Superman does not have the strength, speed, reflex or fighting skills of gladiator and he is nowhere close to bill in power output. This thread should be closed IMO due to spite against superman.

carver9
Either could solo.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by country1000
Superman does not have the strength, speed, reflex or fighting skills of gladiator

http://narwhaler.com/img/xm/l/ha-ha-ha-laughing-spiderman-XMlxX5.jpg

abhilegend

-Pr-
Gladiator and BRB will kill an opponent without even thinking about it in character. This is spite against superman pre-reboot or not. Gladiator himself would not need BRBs help, nor would BRB need gladiator to beat superman cis on or off. Superman does not have the strength, speed, reflex or fighting skills of gladiator and he is nowhere close to bill in power output. This thread should be closed IMO due to spite against superman.

facepalm

Your Superman hate is strong.

D-Block
Team wins.

PillarofOsiris
I've yet to see a convincing argument that the team can win here.

ColossusGrundy
Supes > Thor
Thor > BRB

Gladiator has never shown anything to me to make him look in Supes' league.

Supes takes it after ceasing to hold back.

TheGodKiller
Team wins .

country1000
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Supes > Thor
Thor > BRB

Gladiator has never shown anything to me to make him look in Supes' league.

Supes takes it after ceasing to hold back. Could you please show this so-called non-holding back superman? I think people on here have seen superman fight WW, Black Adam and a lot of other characters while not " holding back ". What is so special about superman when he " cease to hold back? ". He does not get any stronger, faster or anything by not holding back. When he fought WW he did not hold back and she could have killed him if she did not hold back herself. For those that dont understand what WW meant when she stated she held back "barely" let me explain. WW knew that superman was not the bad guy, so she held back. It took all she had to hold back and not kill him. She fought her warriors nature to cut loose and kill him, but she won her inner struggle thus she kept her urge in check. Team 10/10 with ease. Each could solo.

country1000
facepalm

Your Superman hate is strong. So i hate superman because i think he would lose to this team and each would solo him?

PillarofOsiris
What is so special about superman when he " cease to hold back? ". He does not get any stronger, faster or anything by not holding back..

You should read some superman comics sometime.

biensalsa
Could you please show this so-called non-holding back superman? I think people on here have seen superman fight WW, Black Adam and a lot of other characters while not " holding back ". What is so special about superman when he " cease to hold back? ". He does not get any stronger, faster or anything by not holding back. When he fought WW he did not hold back and she could have killed him if she did not hold back herself. For those that dont understand what WW meant when she stated she held back "barely" let me explain. WW knew that superman was not the bad guy, so she held back. It took all she had to hold back and not kill him. She fought her warriors nature to cut loose and kill him, but she won her inner struggle thus she kept her urge in check. Team 10/10 with ease. Each could solo.

And?

In what it seems under a minute Superman almost killed Wonder Woman, but the plot had to save Wonder Woman.

Don't believe me? check sacrifice, and when Superman is about to hit WW into the sun, while the sun is on WW's back, the very next panel the sun moves out of the way and is replaced by earth!

Not to mention that Superman was fighting with a handicap of hallucinations.

Please explain me, how is this a non disadvantage for Superman, when He sees his enemy as a non-flying combatant who is 8'10" but in reality is a nimble amazon 6'2" who can fly?

I would really love to hear this one.

Damborgson

Thor has one shot BRB before. Right after Blood and Thunder was over, Odin tried to make Thor stay in Asgard so he sicked Warrior's Three, Balder and BRB on him.

country1000
You should read some superman comics sometime. Been doing it since 1978 fella. Damn near got all his comics collected. Some may be older than you.

iceman24567
Superman would massacre either one solo no expression

country1000
Originally posted by biensalsa
And?

In what it seems under a minute Superman almost killed Wonder Woman, but the plot had to save Wonder Woman.

Don't believe me? check sacrifice, and when Superman is about to hit WW into the sun, while the sun is on WW's back, the very next panel the sun moves out of the way and is replaced by earth!

Not to mention that Superman was fighting with a handicap of hallucinations.

Please explain me, how is this a non disadvantage for Superman, when He sees his enemy as a non-flying combatant who is 8'10" but in reality is a nimble amazon 6'2" who can fly?

I would really love to hear this one. I guess plot also kept WW from cutting off supermans head too huh?

biensalsa
I guess plot also kept WW from cutting off supermans head too huh?

You skip everything and went to the last part, so concessions accepted, but Superman did not even SAW a tiara coming at him.

All He sees is Doomsday who is not as fast as Diana.

So what is your point?

country1000
Originally posted by iceman24567
Superman would massacre either one solo no expression Yeah, just like a bloodlusted superman massacred WW, CM, BA and a host of others that could have killed him or did beat him huh? fail dude.

country1000
You skip everything and went to the last part, so concessions accepted, but Superman did not even SAW a tiara coming at him.

All He sees is Doomsday who is not as fast as Diana.

So what is your point? The last part was the only part worth answering.

biensalsa
The last part was the only part worth answering.

Because you can't answer logically any part.

I can.

I should put you on an hallucination fighting in a similar situation and see how you fare.

I'll bet you will probably do even worse.

iceman24567
Yeah, just like a bloodlusted superman massacred WW, CM, BA and a host of others that could have killed him or did beat him huh? fail dude. Like Gladiator getting smacked around by Cannonball, mind controlled by phoenix echo Rachel, wailed on by Black Bolt? Your the failure mr selective low balling

biensalsa
So lets see Superman not holding back or almost letting go WITH OUT HALLUCINATIONS.

Emperor Joker?
Infinte Crisis vs Kal-L?
Imperex Probes?

iceman24567
Superman one shot mind controlled Wonder Woman casually

country1000
Because you can't answer logically any part.

I can.

I should put you on an hallucination fighting in a similar situation and see how you fare.

I'll bet you will probably do even worse. I think that i would fight much harder if i thought i was fighting a bear instead of a woman thats my friend. Most likely i would kill her and regret it after i come to realize my mistake.

h1a8

By feats Superman is a lot stronger than Glads and Bill put together.
Hell his power output is greater than both put together.
By feats Superman is faster than either and has much better mobility than either.
Superman has MA ability including pressure points that he rarely uses that can defeat his peers instantly (hence CIS off).

SS one shot hit Bill and Superman is a hell of a lot stronger than SS.

Superman also has intangibility in which he can pull off as many times as he wants with CIS off.

You shouldn't post in threads knowing nothing of a character. The moment you claimed that Gladiator>Superman proves you know nothing of Superman.
If you studied Superman you would find out his strength, durability, speed, and fighting feats are better than Glads feats. There is absolutely nothing you can name about Glads that is superior to Superman. NOTHING!

Been doing it since 1978 fella. Damn near got all his comics collected. Some may be older than you.

Wow, either you are lying, really hate Superman and ignore what he has done, or didn't read a damn thing.

Superman has quantifiable feats that are greater than 50 Earth weights of force.
Glads nor Bill has a feat above 1 Earth weight of force.

biensalsa
I think that i would fight much harder if i thought i was fighting a bear instead of a woman thats my friend. Most likely i would kill her and regret it after i come to realize my mistake.

Yes, problem is Your friend is faster than the bear and she is smaller.

You try to punch the head of the bear and you are hitting nothing but air.

And by the time you realize your mistake since your friend is really fast, she is already on top of you attacking.

country1000
Originally posted by h1a8
By feats Superman is a lot stronger than Glads and Bill put together.
Hell his power output is greater than both put together.
By feats Superman is faster than either and has much better mobility than either.
Superman has MA ability including pressure points that he rarely uses that can defeat his peers instantly (hence CIS off).

SS one shot hit Bill and Superman is a hell of a lot stronger than SS.

Superman also has intangibility in which he can pull off as many times as he wants with CIS off.

You shouldn't post in threads knowing nothing of a character. The moment you claimed that Gladiator>Superman proves you know nothing of Superman.
If you studied Superman you would find out his strength, durability, speed, and fighting feats are better than Glads feats. There is absolutely nothing you can name about Glads that is superior to Superman. NOTHING!

Wow, either you are lying, really hate Superman and ignore what he has done, or didn't read a damn thing.

Superman has quantifiable feats that are greater than 50 Earth weights of force.
Glads nor Bill has a feat above 1 Earth weight of force. Superman has NEVER in his career ever lifted the weight of 50 planets and people on here have told you that plenty of times. Even hardcore superman fans have rejected your foolish claims. You think that superman is a million times stronger than thor, you think he beats thanos, you make wild and laughable claims about superman and his feats yet you claim that i dont know about superman? You should take your own advice and stop making false claims that have been corrected by even the worst superman fans on this site. Superman cannot lift even 1 earth and there are feats and scans that show that he cannot. You should learn about truth before you post.

-Pr-
So i hate superman because i think he would lose to this team and each would solo him?

No, because you lowball him on a regular basis.

Superman has NEVER in his career ever lifted the weight of 50 planets and people on here have told you that plenty of times. Even hardcore superman fans have rejected your foolish claims. You think that superman is a million times stronger than thor, you think he beats thanos, you make wild and laughable claims about superman and his feats yet you claim that i dont know about superman? You should take your own advice and stop making false claims that have been corrected by even the worst superman fans on this site. Superman cannot lift even 1 earth and there are feats and scans that show that he cannot. You should learn about truth before you post.

I'd suggest you take your own advice and do some research before trying to tell other people what to do, tbh.

PillarofOsiris
Using Wonder Woman to lowball Superman is HILARIOUS. Her feats put her so far above Gladiator or Bill it's ridiculous. I'd love to see a strength/speed/durability feat from Gladiator or Bill that's even close to Superman's best. And again CIS is off for Superman, and not for team. If you think the team wins this, you seriously don't know what you're talking about. Superman with CIS on has owned far more powerful teams than this.

carver9
Using Wonder Woman to lowball Superman is HILARIOUS. Her feats put her so far above Gladiator or Bill it's ridiculous. I'd love to see a strength/speed/durability feat from Gladiator or Bill that's even close to Superman's best. And again CIS is off for Superman, and not for team. If you think the team wins this, you seriously don't know what you're talking about. Superman with CIS on has owned far more powerful teams than this.

Lol...Gladiator speed fts are better. Gladiator durability fts are better. Gladiator strength fts are better.

Example...

Gladiator swam through a gas giant with no damage at all.
Gladiator tanked a blast that was going to destroy a solar system with no damage at all.
Gladiator withstood his own heat vision that was amped a 100 folds.
Gladiator withstood a beating from Tyrant.

Gladiator destroyed a planet.
Gladiator pushed a planet size object that was blocking a star lane.
Gladiator one shotted Heralds.
Gladiator stopped an asteroid that was about to destroy Earth.

Gladiator has flown 100 times the speed of light.
Gladiator has COMBAT at nano second speeds.
Gladiator has blitzed at light speed.

Gladiator is more powerful overall.

Bill is just as powerful as Supes. Either could solo...together, this fight doesn't last a second.

biensalsa
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Gladiator speed fts are better. Gladiator durability fts are better. Gladiator strength fts are better.

Example...

Gladiator tanked a blast that was going to destroy a solar system with no damage at all.

Bill is just as powerful as Supes. Either could solo...together, this fight doesn't last a second.

Oh please God, make him stop.

Zack Fair
So easy to bait you Carv biscuits

PillarofOsiris

Example...

There's no need to even respond to this nonsense. I suspect it would only make me dumber.

carver9
There's no need to even respond to this nonsense. I suspect it would only make me dumber.

Concession accepted.

JayDaDon

Actually, I'm about to make that one right now. WW vs Bill.

PillarofOsiris
She would kill him.

JayDaDon
Well now there's a place to make your case. big grin

-Pr-

Example...

Why do you lie when you know you're going to be found out?

And no, Gladiator isn't more powerful. Still waiting on that proof.

iceman24567
Why do you lie when you know you're going to be found out?

And no, Gladiator isn't more powerful. Still waiting on that proof. You will be waiting forever

JakeTheBank

Example...

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://narwhaler.com/img/xm/l/ha-ha-ha-laughing-spiderman-XMlxX5.jpg

iceman24567
LOL at Bill being just as powerful as Superman laughing

h1a8
Superman has NEVER in his career ever lifted the weight of 50 planets and people on here have told you that plenty of times. Even hardcore superman fans have rejected your foolish claims. You think that superman is a million times stronger than thor, you think he beats thanos, you make wild and laughable claims about superman and his feats yet you claim that i dont know about superman? You should take your own advice and stop making false claims that have been corrected by even the worst superman fans on this site. Superman cannot lift even 1 earth and there are feats and scans that show that he cannot. You should learn about truth before you post.
I haven't believed Superman is more than 1 million times stronger than Thor for a long time now. Superman's top strength feats is still more than 10x Thor's though.

The Starbreaker feat:
In order for Starbreaker to get the Earth to near the sun in moments he would have to accelerate the Earth at least by 1km/s^2.

How much force does it take to accelerate the Earth at 9.8m/s^2?

Answer: It takes one Earth weight of force since 9.8m/s^2= acceleration of gravity, and
F=(mass of Earth) x (acceleration)
= (mass of Earth) x (acceleration of gravity)
=weight of Earth

How much force does it take to accelerate the Earth at 1km/s^2?

Answer: This is over 100 times more since 1km =1000m > 100x9.8.

So Starbreaker was pushing the Earth with at least 100 Earth weights of force. This is not inconceivable since Starbreaker had literally stars of power within him as the comic explained. So Superman and Hal not only had to neutralize his push (they had to equal the 100 Earth weights or more) but they had to overpower it back to it's original position (close to double that). Since Superman is responsible for at least half of the pushing then he was exerting over 50 Earth weights of force.

Second, you claim to read Superman right? Well you should know he has the Maggedon feat as well. Maggedon dwarfs the Earth moon system altogether. It's bigger than the Earth itself. So using no math at all it's common sense Superman was exerting over 1 Earth weight of force. Yet you claimed that Superman can't lift more than 1 Earth weight of force.

PillarofOsiris

Second, you claim to read Superman right? Well you should know he has the Maggedon feat as well. Maggedon dwarfs the Earth moon system altogether. It's bigger than the Earth itself. So using no math at all it's common sense Superman was exerting over 1 Earth weight of force. Yet you claimed that Superman can't lift more than 1 Earth weight of force.

Actually, it's much bigger than you are even giving it credit for. It's probably around 320 times the mass of the earth.

h1a8

Example...

1.Gladiator swam through a gas giant with no damage at all.
2. Gladiator tanked a blast that was going to destroy a solar system with no damage at all.
3. Gladiator withstood his own heat vision that was amped a 100 folds.
4. Gladiator destroyed a planet.
5. Gladiator pushed a planet size object that was blocking a star lane.
6. Gladiator one shotted Heralds.
7. Gladiator stopped an asteroid that was about to destroy Earth.
8. Gladiator has flown 100 times the speed of light.
9. Gladiator has COMBAT at nano second speeds.

Lol, why do you lie so much Carver. You were told and shown Superman's feats many times. Either you are forgetful or are purposely trolling. Most of the feats you just posted isn't superior to anything Superman has done.

1. Superman has done this and actually gotten more powerful from it.
2. Superman has tanked enough energy to destroy a solar system several times.
3. Prove this. Also #2 above trumps this.
4. Destroying a planet takes less than 1 Earth weight of force. Superman has feats above 1 Earth weight of force. Try the Mageddon or Starbreaker feat.
5. That feat was less than 1 Earth weight of force because the size was much smaller than Earth itself.
6. Many heralds in comics can be one shot with less than 1 Earth weight of force, even gas stations can do that. Surfer one shot Bill before. Namor once one shot Hulk back to Banner. Who did he one shot though?
7. LOL An asteroid? garbage feat.
8. Superman has flown a lot faster than that when he has traveled to other galaxy wide distances in a matter of moments.
9. Superman has feats where is not only talking but moving and operating within nanoseconds. He can vibrate at ftl speeds to become intangible in an instant. Him and flash has had a conversation where everyone is frozen solid for awhile.

Add in Superman resisting double black holes which are astronomically more powerful than anything Gladiator has endured.

quanchi112
LOL at Bill being just as powerful as Superman laughing Bill's more powerful imo.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Bill's more powerful imo.
based on which feats?
He's more versatile but not more powerful. Superman has feats above 50 Earth weights of force. What feats of power output does Bill has to exceed that?

carver9
LOL at Bill being just as powerful as Superman laughing

Bill is more powerful. As for H1 and Pillar, a waste of space responding to you all. As for Jake, let me know when you are ready bro.

carver9
based on which feats?
He's more versatile but not more powerful. Superman has feats above 50 Earth weights of force. What feats of power output does Bill has to exceed that?

laughing out loud Bill aided in shifting an entire solar system. Superman never lifted or moved 50 or 10 or 2 earth weights (not even 1 if memory serves correct).

iceman24567
Bill is more powerful. As for H1 and Pillar, a waste of space responding to you all. As for Jake, let me know when you are ready bro. Bills is more versatile not more powerful. He doesn't get Thors feats so ts like saying a green lantern or Firestorm are more powerful than Superman erm

Diesldude
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud thumb up

Damborgson

Example...

http://i9.tinypic.com/5yhem3c.gif

carver9
Bills is more versatile not more powerful. He doesn't get Thors feats so ts like saying a green lantern or Firestorm are more powerful than Superman erm

I'm not basing this off of versatility though, I'm basing this off of what Bill has accomplished.

iceman24567
I'm not basing this off of versatility though, I'm basing this off of what Bill has accomplished. You saying Bill has accomplished more featwise than Superman? I dont mean quantity i mean quality.

carver9
You saying Bill has accomplished more featwise than Superman? I dont mean quantity i mean quality.

It depends. Strength wise, I would probably put them in the same boat with a tiny edge to Supes, durability the same as well. I would put Bill power output above Supes though.

h1a8
laughing out loud Bill aided in shifting an entire solar system. Superman never lifted or moved 50 or 10 or 2 earth weights (not even 1 if memory serves correct).

How did he aide? Scans issue numbers?

The faster you accelerate something then the more the force you need.
Which one takes more force, accelerating a bowling ball at 1m/s^2 or 100m/s^2?

F= mass x acceleration.

This is basic physics.

Also we have maggedon in which you are ignoring. Maggedon is far bigger than Earth itself. Superman did this unaided.

Stoic
Team wins this.

h1a8
I disagree. A CIS off Superman isn't holding back and using speed and other abilities to the max at all times. This would spell trouble for the team.

Hell it's not inconceivable that Superman in this state may 1-2 shot Bill.

-Pr-
I disagree. A CIS off Superman isn't holding back and using speed and other abilities to the max at all times. This would spell trouble for the team.

Hell it's not inconceivable that Superman in this state may 1-2 shot Bill.

that's not what cis off means.

h1a8
that's not what cis off means.

Now Superman won't do things his skill set of his powers haven't been proven to do. That means he will only operate at skills of what was shown.

Superman holds back. He won't here. Agreed?

Superman doesn't use speed all the time because of character.
But he will here most definitely. Agreed?

After all that is what the OP meant anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.