Captain America vs. Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Fight takes place in Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.

S.H.I.E.L.D. has commissioned Cap to bring in Gambit for questioning.

Gambit says no. Cap insists.

Boom.

Anything goes, but not to the death. Winner by KO or submission.

Cap has his shield. Gambit has his mutant powers and his staff.

Gambit takes off like a bat out of Hell, flying across the room to the other side, and Cap gives chase.

Who wins?

BruceSkywalker
Taylot Kitsch, I mean Remy LeBeau gets whacked upside the head...

winner by KO, Captain America

the ninjak
This happened recently in the comic saga AVX (Avengers vs Xmen)

Remy lost badly. Which was complete nonsense.

But with the film counterparts. Cap wins. Eventually.

KingD19
Cap can't take Gambit. Not movie versions, and not comic versions(PIS/CIS aside). Gambit showed greater speed and agility, as well as massive charging ability. He can just blow the area around Cap up. Shield only protects the direction it's facing.

DARTH POWER
What? Wolverine knocked out movie gambit from behind with his elbow while he was focused on Sabertooth.

Movie Cap owns in 2 seconds.

KingD19
Yeah, but Gambit was fighting on even footing with Wolverine at first, and showed higher agility and speed than Cap. Plus you seem to be neglecting the highly explosive cards he possesses.

DARTH POWER
^ I don't remember him fighting on even footing with Wolverine at any point. He got in one cheap shot when Wolverine didn't want to fight him. That was it.

His higher agility and speed didn't help him at all in combat against Wolverine, so I don't see what extra use it will be against Cap. In fact he was trying his best to escape Wolverine but couldn't do it.

So no Gambit hasn't shown any particularly impressive "combat" speed.

One good hard hit from Cap, and Gambit will be down for the count. Whilst Cap can easily defend against Gambit's "highly explosive cards" with his shield, or just dodge them.

juggerman
yeah Gambit wasnt too impressive movie-wise. im mean to get KO'd by Wolverine who was focusing on another enemy was weak

Granted Gambit was talking was probably wasn't expecting the hit but still...

And Cap (by showings) was FAR superior to Wolverine in the strength and speed departments as well as fighting skill imo

KingD19
gc11uNthoHY&feature=related

Nope, watch the vid. He's basically even and even a little better than Logan. Logan just took him by surprise because he chopped his staff in half. And his higher agility/speed, helped him a great deal as the video showed. And Wolverine only caught him because he chopped the fire escape down and he couldn't catch his balance.

The thing about explosives is that they're pretty much omni-directional. You toss a hand grenade on the ground, and it blows up 360. So Gambit's cards hit the ground behind or around Cap, and his shield won't block those. He could even do his ground explosion if he felt like it; that'd knock Cap a good 10-20 feet.

As for Logan knocking him down(not out), Logan TKO'd Blob with an elbow. And Blob is the guy who fisted a tank barrel and was unharmed when it tried to shoot him.

And Cap as good as he is has never fought anyone but cannon fodder, and while he has strength/durability feats out the wazoo, he doesn't have many combat speed feats either. Movement speed is another story.

juggerman
hmmmmmm you have some points there....

Zack Fair
Cap oneshots Gambit. 131

KingD19
This ain't AvX, boi. -shifty eyes him-

the ninjak
Why didn't Remy throw any cards in his important fight?????

Why? Because he sucked. Logan owned him on every level. And one thing that unites Logan and Cap is the fact that they kill. And quickly.

This ain't comic Cap who tries to capture assailants. Cap killed like crazy in his two films. He is a soldier. And underpowered in regards to his enemies. He knows this.

That quick escape Remy did to Logan climbing the building with his two sticks. Cap hits him off similarly to how he took out that HYDRA soldier in the trees in Captain America.

juggerman
he did.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KingD19

As for Logan knocking him down(not out), Logan TKO'd Blob with an elbow. And Blob is the guy who fisted a tank barrel and was unharmed when it tried to shoot him.

It's because of how hard Logan's adamantium elbow was (plus his strength).

So I'm betting Cap with his superior strength to Logan and invulnerable weapon could put Gambit down as easily. In fact I'm betting both Logan or Cap could one shot Gambit if they really wanted to. You have to remember Logan had no interest in even fighting Remmy.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Why didn't Remy throw any cards in his important fight?????

Why? Because he sucked. Logan owned him on every level. And one thing that unites Logan and Cap is the fact that they kill. And quickly.

This ain't comic Cap who tries to capture assailants. Cap killed like crazy in his two films. He is a soldier. And underpowered in regards to his enemies. He knows this.

That quick escape Remy did to Logan climbing the building with his two sticks. Cap hits him off similarly to how he took out that HYDRA soldier in the trees in Captain America.

thumb up

Vanguard
Gambit should win imo

jinXed by JaNx
Movie or comic, Cap gets the knockout first, sooner or later and i would bet sooner rather than later. Remy can fight that's for sure but Caps reaction time and shield are to big of a rogue factor for me to overlook.

Darth Martin
Nothing is getting past the shield. Cap wins.

The Fat Rambo
Originally posted by KingD19
Cap can't take Gambit. Not movie versions, and not comic versions(PIS/CIS aside). Gambit showed greater speed and agility, as well as massive charging ability. He can just blow the area around Cap up. Shield only protects the direction it's facing. thumb up

BlackZero30x

But with the film counterparts. Cap wins. Eventually.

I wouldn't say he lost badly lol He put up a good fight the problem was they seemed to make cap invincible in the fight.

Cap win here though. Wolvie knocked Gambit out in a single hit. Shield to the head and its over imo

Estacado
Cap tanking Gambit's charge to the chest is like tanking about 10-15 granades to the face getting up after an explosion like that is pretty phuckin stupid.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Estacado
Cap tanking Gambit's charge to the chest is like tanking about 10-15 granades to the face getting up after an explosion like that is pretty phuckin stupid.

thats my thought exactly.

Zack Fair

But with the film counterparts. Cap wins. Eventually. Remy charged his suit and it exploded. Cap tanked that massive damage and sonned him.

I don't like comic Cap. He is worse than Batman.

Silent Master
To be fair, he's about a million times better than comic Wolverine

Darth Martin
It was indeed PIS when Cap tanked that explosion in the books.

Vanguard
Remy wins this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.