John McClane & John Hartigan vs Joker(Ledger)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Joker is causing chaos and McClane & Hartigan are made partners by the NYPD to stop him. Can they get the job done?

the ninjak
The two Bruce Willis' touch causing a rift in the time space continuum. Causing the universe to explode.

Everyone dies.

Lestov16
McClane and Hartigan easily. The only reason Joker was allowed to enact as much destruction as he did was because Batman wouldn't kill him

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lestov16
McClane and Hartigan easily. The only reason Joker was allowed to enact as much destruction as he did was because Batman wouldn't kill him

No. Joker thrived because he took over the underworld from the inside through theft and extreme confidence based beliefs. He spoke to the crims and they responded in kind.

He had the police in his pocket through bribes and overwhelming fear. And he tore apart mobsters through theft and creative assassinations.

John McClane and Hartigan would be killed whilst driving their car. Or eating in their favourite diner. Joker had eyes and ears everywhere. they wouldn't stand a chance.

Batman was a unknown resourseful ninja vigilante. The Kryptonite to the Joker. Couldn't be bribed, couldn't be killed in his sleep. No family. Only a few contacts. And Joker destroyed 2 out of 3 of them. Murdered one. And turned another into a monster. Only Gordan survived and only because Batman sacrificied himself to protect him.

Joker will ABSOLUTELY tear these twos souls apart.

juggerman
^ DAMN! i was already gonna pick The Joker but now i don't see how there is any other choice.

Great post my friend thumb up

Robtard
LoL, McClane solos this joker, adding another bad-ass cop to help is spite.

McNasty996
Does the fight take place in McClane's New York, Gotham, or real New York as this will determine how the match is played out

the ninjak
Does it really matter? Forum fights take place on neutral ground.

Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, McClane solos this joker, adding another bad-ass cop to help is spite.

McClane has an exwife and two kids. He's already done for. Those Hacks in DH4 were morons. McClane doens'nt have hacker kids helping him out in this fight. Not like they would help in this scenario.

Psychotron
Nah, McClane runs him over with his car.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Psychotron
Nah, McClane runs him over with his car.

No. Not in the long range scheme of things. He would'nt be in that position. Especially with his wife and kids held hostage.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak

McClane has an exwife and two kids. He's already done for. Those Hacks in DH4 were morons. McClane doens'nt have hacker kids helping him out in this fight. Not like they would help in this scenario.

LoL, the last time someone took McClane's wife or daughter hostage, all the kidnappers ended up dead; some in horrible ways.. Joker doesn't have a chance; ONLY reason he was able to pull off what he did, was because Batman choose not to kill him when he had the chance(s).

McClane won't hesitate in breaking his neck, shooting him in the face or running his ass over. "Do you like my scars..." *bang* *Joker Dies* *McClane adds quick quip*

Lestov16

What a load of baloney

If McClane can take on Simon, then he can take on the Joker

golem370
McClane and Hartigan are crazy and take alot of pain in order to get the job done. McClane shot himself to kill the bad guy. McClane also took out 5 guys in an enclosed area

Lestov16
Don't forget about Hartigan. Rips out people's body parts and crushes skulls into paste with his bare hands

KingD19
No. Joker thrived because he took over the underworld from the inside through theft and extreme confidence based beliefs. He spoke to the crims and they responded in kind.

He had the police in his pocket through bribes and overwhelming fear. And he tore apart mobsters through theft and creative assassinations.

John McClane and Hartigan would be killed whilst driving their car. Or eating in their favourite diner. Joker had eyes and ears everywhere. they wouldn't stand a chance.

Batman was a unknown resourseful ninja vigilante. The Kryptonite to the Joker. Couldn't be bribed, couldn't be killed in his sleep. No family. Only a few contacts. And Joker destroyed 2 out of 3 of them. Murdered one. And turned another into a monster. Only Gordan survived and only because Batman sacrificied himself to protect him.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22376230.jpg

Lestov16
Or it's because you've been drinking too much Dos Equis.....

KingD19
Dos Equis.

Don Equis is that guy on 5th street who sells shag carpeting and pirated Asian DVD's.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo75krn2N41qzjfbxo1_500.jpg

Lestov16
Hah! You can't prove I had a typo now!!!

(oh wait...)

At least this time I have shoes!!!

KingD19
Damn you and your shoes.

Lestov16
They protect against the glass.....

Psychotron
I'd like to see that scene from TDK with the batpod only with John McClane instead of Batman.

"Come on! Hit me!"
BAM! Joker paste.
Witty one-liner.

Lestov16
I can tell you exactly where the film would have ended. They would have arrested Joker and his goons after saving Harvey. Joker would have detonated his bomb, but McClane would inexplicably be blown out the window onto a cop car, and then use that cop car to chase Joker down and ram into a building or something Kirill-style.

McNasty996
I'm going with Team Willis in this match. Nuetral ground means no help, means no one-sided prep, means in reality the Joker could easily get shot up by a street gang trying to pull of his stunts and get recruits. He gets gun downed, extreme prejudice.

the ninjak
LoL, the last time someone took McClane's wife or daughter hostage, all the kidnappers ended up dead; some in horrible ways.. Joker doesn't have a chance; ONLY reason he was able to pull off what he did, was because Batman choose not to kill him when he had the chance(s).

McClane won't hesitate in breaking his neck, shooting him in the face or running his ass over. "Do you like my scars..." *bang* *Joker Dies* *McClane adds quick quip*

lolz. McClane had hackers help him find the location of the villians in DH4. He ain't getting that help here. And even if he did look those kids up they would'nt be able to help him.Originally posted by Lestov16
What a load of baloney

If McClane can take on Simon, then he can take on the Joker

Simon jobbed. badly.
"McClane I have your wife at point A and your Daughter at point B choose who lives. You have 15 mins before the bombs go off."

And because Joker has no repect for these two cops he blows McClane up upon arrival regardless of a timer.

Originally posted by KingD19
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22376230.jpg
Welcome to the Enlightened brother.

I'd like to see that scene from TDK with the batpod only with John McClane instead of Batman.

"Come on! Hit me!"
BAM! Joker paste.
Witty one-liner.
Why would the Joker even be in that position in the first place. You kids are dreamin.

Originally posted by McNasty996
I'm going with Team Willis in this match. Nuetral ground means no help, means no one-sided prep, means in reality the Joker could easily get shot up by a street gang trying to pull of his stunts and get recruits. He gets gun downed, extreme prejudice.
No no no. You trying to take away the Joker's one power in a forum fight? His ability to manipulate criminals? Gotham was just another name for New York. Regardless Joker has the intelligence to way his options in his given envrionment. Thugs joined his cause regardless of race or affiliations. He will have these two cops killed in either-
-their sleep.
-on the road.
-a by some diabolical trap.

Joker wins. Lifes good.

Psychotron
Well, I guess if Joker has thugs then those Willis boys are doomed for sure.

Gotham's thugs were scared of Joker because Batman doesn't kill. McClane and Hartigan don't have that problem.

Lestov16
Joker wins. Lifes good.

Sadly sir, Life is not good in da hood

You claim that Joker will just hunt down McClane's family? Why would he do that? The only reason he went after Harvey and Rachel is because Harvey was his intended target anyway because he was a public official, and he saw how Batman dove for Rachel. He was going after Batman. That was (initially) his entire purpose for being in Gotham. He had a personal reason for going after them

However, that is not the conditions of the thread. The thread says the Joker is causing chaos in NYC and NYPD grab McClane and Hartigan (I suppose because they are good at what they do). I'm just assuming the Joker is detonating bombs Simon-style to push his nihilist agenda, and has no personal reason to go after McClane. The Joker doesn't know who these guys are, and once McClane and Hartigan raid Joker's compound, there's no way in hell he's going to escape, especially not to go after McClane's family in revenge.

Hell, even if we set this in The Dark Knight, with McClane and Hartigan, there's no way he would have gotten out of Dent's charity. Even if Joker managed to grab Rachel, McClane's made shots against people holding hostages before...

Lestov16
My main point is that in order for Joker to want to go after McClane's family, he's going to first have to encounter McClane, and Joker is NOT surviving his first encounter with McClane (less lone McClane and Hartigan)

the ninjak
As the OP states:
Joker is causing chaos and McClane & Hartigan are made partners by the NYPD to stop him. Can they get the job done?

Which means the Joker has already solidified his influence on NY and is a major threat considering the OP states he is causing chaos. He has robbed mobsters, robbed banks, has a force of thugs, has alot of money and has blackmailed cops. As per the film.

John McClane and John Hartigan have been made partners and have to stop the threat. They hit the streets, questioning people, beating up thugs to get info on the Joker.

This info WILL get back to the Joker. As well as the fact that blackmailed cops will relay the info to him that these two cops are onto him. Now at first he won't care.......until he checks up on them. McClane has a track record that WILL get his attention. He kills masterminds and foils major criminal plots. This will interest the Joker. Even Batman didn't find out the level of exposure the Joker had on the ploice force until it was nearly too late.

Well, I guess if Joker has thugs then those Willis boys are doomed for sure.

Gotham's thugs were scared of Joker because Batman doesn't kill. McClane and Hartigan don't have that problem.

McClane and Hartigan aint going to kill people just to get info on the Joker. But the people under the Joker's payroll will fear the Joker.

My main point is that in order for Joker to want to go after McClane's family, he's going to first have to encounter McClane, and Joker is NOT surviving his first encounter with McClane (less lone McClane and Hartigan)

As I explained above. Joker will learn of these two guys eventually. They wont find the Joker before he finds out about them. The police couldn't be trusted anymore because the Joker had too many blackmailed.

And once the Joker finds out about McClane he WILL be interested. And it won't take long to find out about his ex-wife and two kids. Especially once the duo start making collateral damage. McClane sniffs out trouble and makes his presence known. It's his gift. And he always calls for backup. It's just usually backup isn't always there.

Then Joker only made himself open when he personally wanted to ensure that a particular target had to die. If these two are his only challenge he simply hits banks and mobsters then disappears.

McClane and Hartigan ain't just going to hide in the shadows and prey they catch some goons. They're going to ask questions. Make themselves known. Batman only succeeded due to insane tech and insane skill and alot of luck. And even he had to resort to torture to get leads.

Lestov16
I don't see that happening.

First of all, where is Joker getting these goons from? A mental asylum, because the only reason he was allowed access to the mob's goons was because he agreed he would use their resources to kill Batman. Since Batman doesn't exist here, he has nothing to bribe them with.

He could rob banks and try to corrupt the police, but NYPD (hell not even including McClane) are far more competent at fighting crime, especially terrorism, than "Only good guy on the force" Jim Gordon and the GCPD

Hartigan also went against a monster who had a lot of money. Tore his entire reproductive system out of his body, twice.

They won't need to ask a lot of questions. If Joker has to rely on that guy from the Mayor's attempted assassination to protect his secret location, he's screwed

Psychotron

First of all, where is Joker getting these goons from? A mental asylum, because the only reason he was allowed access to the mob's goons was because he agreed he would use their resources to kill Batman. Since Batman doesn't exist here, he has nothing to bribe them with.

He could rob banks and try to corrupt the police, but NYPD (hell not even including McClane) are far more competent at fighting crime, especially terrorism, than "Only good guy on the force" Jim Gordon and the GCPD

Hartigan also went against a monster who had a lot of money. Tore his entire reproductive system out of his body, twice.

They won't need to ask a lot of questions. If Joker has to rely on that guy from the Mayor's attempted assassination to protect his secret location, he's screwed

This.

Lestov16
He could try to hire the local criminals, but I don't think drug dealers out of the Marcy Projects will pose too much of a threat to McClane and Hartigan laughing out loud

Unless he hired Ashy Larry......

McNasty996
No no no. You trying to take away the Joker's one power in a forum fight? His ability to manipulate criminals? Gotham was just another name for New York. Regardless Joker has the intelligence to way his options in his given envrionment. Thugs joined his cause regardless of race or affiliations. He will have these two cops killed in either-
-their sleep.
-on the road.
-a by some diabolical trap.

Joker wins. Lifes good.

Except you missing a critical detail that allowed Joker to get even half as far as he did, Batman. Batman was the entire reason that he was even hired and tolerated for as long as he was because the mob wanted him gone at any cost and the police were following his lead and going after the mob, pretty much writing Joker off until things got big.

He even had about a year to set up his little gambit that went into play in The Dark Night, which began in Batman Begins. He had fresh pool of insane individuals provided for him via Arkham Asylum and even then it's pointed out that when he blackmailed the Russian to get his mobsters on his side they didn't trust him and had enough. Unlike his crazies they had an agenda that couldn't be agreed to.

And in a forum fight he doesn't even know where to start with mobsters, as was pointed out in Begins everyone knew who was leading the mobs and gangs because they wanted everyone to fear them. He won't know who will be heading these games in real life. It's even further stated that the reason no one would talk to Batman was because they figured out that he wouldn't kill them while the Joker would. Put someone who is willing to kill and things change drastically.

Robtard
lolz. McClane had hackers help him find the location of the villians in DH4. He ain't getting that help here. And even if he did look those kids up they would'nt be able to help him.

As the OP states:

Which means the Joker has already solidified his influence on NY and is a major threat considering the OP states he is causing chaos. He has robbed mobsters, robbed banks, has a force of thugs, has alot of money and has blackmailed cops. As per the film.

It certainly does not. Joker could cause nonsense on his own or with the few lunatics he had at one point. The end of Begins we're made aware of a new threat in town.

You're giving the Joker men and resources when none were specifically stated; while outright denying McClane and Hartigan theirs, when it says "they're partnered by the NYPD", which means they have that resource to draw from, the NYPD, one massive police force with ties to the FBI, DHS, CIA etc., be it cars, helicopters, weapons and/or intel.

Joker gets taken down by either of these cops, as they're two bad-asses who don't fool around and won't hesitate to kill a murdering clown.

Riot-Gear
Nicholson Joker has a chance he is smart and likely to hire some serious muscle.

Heath Joker goes down fast and hard, when his mind games don't work on McClane and the whole city doesn't job to him.

Contrary to what some believe Nolan-verse Joker only thrived because his Gotham was full of negligent morons.

the ninjak
It certainly does not. Joker could cause nonsense on his own or with the few lunatics he had at one point. The end of Begins we're made aware of a new threat in town.

You're giving the Joker men and resources when none were specifically stated; while outright denying McClane and Hartigan theirs, when it says "they're partnered by the NYPD", which means they have that resource to draw from, the NYPD, one massive police force with ties to the FBI, DHS, CIA etc., be it cars, helicopters, weapons and/or intel.

Joker gets taken down by either of these cops, as they're two bad-asses who don't fool around and won't hesitate to kill a murdering clown.

When did I take the partners resources away? The hackers in DH:4 traced the terrorists location. That's how he found them. He can still call them but they wont help against someone like the Joker.

No one knew who the Joker was. He didn't always wear the make-up. He isn't driving around in a clown mobile laughing like an idiot. He's a terrorist annihilist. He plants bombs, robs banks and blackmails cops.

Very good points. Joker most definitely won't have as much easy money and men then he did in TDK. But in this day and age of mass recession, political and religious hate groups, loads of mentally instable people due to no Health Care and the fact that America has become a plague of drug addicts. The Joker will have a field day rounding up his special kind of gang. Criminals who've hit rock bottom will completely relate to Jokers ideals. The OP doesn't state how long the Joker has been in business. IT DOESN'T STATE MUCH AT ALL. Only that Joker is causing chaos. We can argue that he could just be some nutbag who lives in a basement stabbing old ladies in Central Park.

You guys really want me to throw a spanner in this threads works. OP states do they stop him/ STOP HIM DOING WHAT? Joker could blow up a few hospitals a precincts then take a holiday in Chicago. And do it again. McClane and Hartigan are left spying to spending nights spying on McClanes daughter like a couple the creeps they are. smile

Originally posted by McNasty996
Except you missing a critical detail that allowed Joker to get even half as far as he did, Batman. Batman was the entire reason that he was even hired and tolerated for as long as he was because the mob wanted him gone at any cost and the police were following his lead and going after the mob, pretty much writing Joker off until things got big.

He even had about a year to set up his little gambit that went into play in The Dark Night, which began in Batman Begins. He had fresh pool of insane individuals provided for him via Arkham Asylum and even then it's pointed out that when he blackmailed the Russian to get his mobsters on his side they didn't trust him and had enough. Unlike his crazies they had an agenda that couldn't be agreed to.

And in a forum fight he doesn't even know where to start with mobsters, as was pointed out in Begins everyone knew who was leading the mobs and gangs because they wanted everyone to fear them. He won't know who will be heading these games in real life. It's even further stated that the reason no one would talk to Batman was because they figured out that he wouldn't kill them while the Joker would. Put someone who is willing to kill and things change drastically.

Another good point. But this Joker "obviously" isn't gong to walk into some cheeseball crime meeting and try and blackmail a bunch of crims. He just wants to steal money. Raise the rabble. Cause anarchy. And blow stuff up.

In the end this is McClane and Hartigan vs Joker. If the duo stumbled upon Joker robbing a bank will they kill him.....sure. If the duo start popping goons and word gets back to the Joker then he can hit them hard as well.
I reckon the odds of the later happening are better. As I stated before Joker doesn't drive around in a white, red and green clown mobile. He was discreet, creative and a didn't fear dying.

Originally posted by Riot-Gear
Nicholson Joker has a chance he is smart and likely to hire some serious muscle.

Heath Joker goes down fast and hard, when his mind games don't work on McClane and the whole city doesn't job to him.

Contrary to what some believe Nolan-verse Joker only thrived because his Gotham was full of negligent morons.
You reckon Nicholson would stand a better chance?

the ninjak
First of all, where is Joker getting these goons from?

You'd be surprised.
ul4CZrnEFxU

the ninjak
Joker wins life is good. big grin

Lestov16
Just give me a moment to prepare my counter-argument......

Riot-Gear

You reckon Nicholson would stand a better chance?

In a word. Yes.

the ninjak
The guy would get his head blown off by a random SWAT sniper during one of his escapades.

Lestov16
He could try to hire the local criminals, but I don't think drug dealers out of the Marcy Projects will pose too much of a threat to McClane and Hartigan laughing out loud

Unless he hired Ashy Larry......

Robtard
When did I take the partners resources away? The hackers in DH:4 traced the terrorists location. That's how he found them. He can still call them but they wont help against someone like the Joker.

No one knew who the Joker was. He didn't always wear the make-up. He isn't driving around in a clown mobile laughing like an idiot. He's a terrorist annihilist. He plants bombs, robs banks and blackmails cops.

You're right, having the NYPD and who they can outsource to won't help in finding some clown. How silly of me to think that.

He was driving around in clown make-up though and was laughing like an idiot. Not hard to spot a man who looks like this; yes, even in New York.

the ninjak
He didn't always wear the make-up. The movie proved it when he made the assassination. He only wore that garb and make-up when it suited his purpose. In other words when making a spectacle. He took it off when stuff needed to be done.

And regardless every time he moved around Gotham with his cronies he was in a van, or truck. He was very good at hiding himself.

Sadako of Girth

He was very good at hiding himself.

As were McClane's opponents.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
As were McClane's opponents.

No they weren't.

DH1: He was with the hostages.

DH2: I'm not even gonna bother.

DH3: He should've blown McClane up with one of his bombs. Stupid Matchstick holder gave it all away. Probably the closest version to the Joker. And Joker only had a hard on for Batman.

DH4: Bloody hacker kids hacked the best hacker on the planet.

PIS at it's best.

Sadako of Girth
But like I said: Great hiders.

Hans was a master of accents, a mind sharp enough to plan a nearly perfect (nearly, as it wasn't McClane proof) and audacious robbery.

Highly trained rogue troops, blending into one of the most highly trained military organisations in the world, who were able to fool everybody by hiding a bigger plot that the seals were in with Esparonza's posse.

Same hiding ability as his brother, only going one further by managing to stay out of McClanes way til near the very end of the movie.

Like wise for Hacker geek, who deployed squad after squad of henchmen and was dispatched when found near the end.

the ninjak
Like I stated a whiles back this ain't a movie. OP only states Joker is causing chaos? 2 cops are given the job to catch him.

I tried to clean this up as best I could. This thread ain't Gotham, it's not the film TDK. OP didn't give enough info. Joker if you wants can stay hidden. Murder his men then move on. And if Joker decided to pull off his Boat stunt. These 2 cops won't stop him from achieving his mission. Sorry guys. It took a ninja with rope guns and XRAY vision to defeat the Joker in that scenario. 2 old men ain't saving those hostages and reaching the top in time. If they make it at all.

The hackers in DH:4 traced the terrorists location. That's how he found them. He can still call them but they wont help against someone like the Joker.

Joker most definitely won't have as much easy money and men then he did in TDK. But in this day and age of mass recession, political and religious hate groups, loads of mentally instable people due to no Health Care and the fact that America has become a plague of drug addicts. The Joker will have a field day rounding up his special kind of gang. Criminals who've hit rock bottom will completely relate to Jokers ideals. The OP doesn't state how long the Joker has been in business. IT DOESN'T STATE MUCH AT ALL. Only that Joker is causing chaos. We can argue that he could just be some nutbag who lives in a basement stabbing old ladies in Central Park.

You guys really want me to throw a spanner in this threads works. OP states do they stop him/ STOP HIM DOING WHAT? Joker could blow up a few hospitals a precincts then take a holiday in Chicago. And do it again. McClane and Hartigan are left spying to spending nights spying on McClanes daughter like a couple the creeps they are. smile

this Joker "obviously" isn't gong to walk into some cheeseball crime meeting and try and blackmail a bunch of crims. He just wants to steal money. Raise the rabble. Cause anarchy. And blow stuff up.

In the end this is McClane and Hartigan vs Joker. If the duo stumbled upon Joker robbing a bank will they kill him.....sure. If the duo start popping goons and word gets back to the Joker then he can hit them hard as well.
I reckon the odds of the later happening are better.

Sadako of Girth
They're not just regular cops.

Robtard
And if Joker decided to pull off his Boat stunt. These 2 cops won't stop him from achieving his mission.

They won't have too, Debo from the film Friday does it again.

Joker has no chance here, NYPD using resources from the FBI could stop him. Two super-cops is overkill.

Nemesis X
Joker.

the ninjak
They won't have too, Debo from the film Friday does it again.

Joker has no chance here, NYPD using resources from the FBI could stop him. Two super-cops is overkill.

Debo can't save em yall. Joker had a backup trigger remember? Debo's dead.

Sadako of Girth
Debo would, to add insult to injury also, totally steal Joker's bike too.

the ninjak
Joker shoves a pencil through Debo's pulsating eye. A target like that will be impossible to miss.

Sadako of Girth
But Joker would be killed to death when trying to get Debo to headbutt the table

the ninjak
You kidding! Jokers playin dice with the boyz. Debo turns up on his bike to take the cash. Whilst he's bending down he doesn't see the pencil sticking out. Joker shoves his bald noggin straight in.

Joker smokes a twenny ten ten with Tucker and Ice. Joker even takes care of Big Worm in his pussyass IceCream truck for good measure.

Joker all da way!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.