Mutant team vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Odin can use Gungnir, his Sceptre, and other equipment he has shown but not the Destroyer or the Odinsword and he can't become Infinity.

Team:

- Shaman Nate Grey
- Jesus Cable
- Magneto
- Joseph Magneto
- Professor X
- Emma Frost
- Apocalypse (non-jobbing)
- Iceman
- Vulcan
- Havok
- Kid Omega
- Storm
- Exodus
- Fabian Cortez
- Darwin
- Doorman
- Elixir
- New Sun Gambit
- Magik
- Namor
- Polaris
- Shadow King
- Unus the Untouchable
- Xorn

Fight takes place in Asgard

If it is too much for Odin he gets the Destroyer, Odinsword, and help from Thor and BRB

If it is too much for the mutants they get Alpha the Ultimate Mutant, Hyperstorm, and Hope

Digi
It's too much is he gets Destroyer, helpers, and Sword. And it's also too much if they get Hyperstorm, etc.

Leaning toward mutants in the default brawl, but there's a LOT of easily-dispatched fodder, so it may just be the numbers fooling me. If they're intelligent, they can overwhelm the big guy though. I'm thinking a Vulcan/Havok combo (ironically) to nullify and shunt energy attacks away while the others lay the hurt.

juggerman
Magneto solos stick out tongue

ThereIsHope
Im going with Odin. Odin is just to powerful

JakeTheBank
Odin.

Argument could be made for team in a tourny like setting, but Odin could still waste most of them with gestures.

Digi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Odin.

Argument could be made for team in a tourny like setting, but Odin could still waste most of them with gestures.

Kinda my thought. If I could lay out their specific duties in an optimal way, I think they can win. In a comic-style "GET HIM!" setting, they lose hard.

Mshinu
New Sun Gambit is quite powerful..

pym-ftw
Is the casket allowed?

If so odin hard

Glorificus
Odin wins.

All the telepaths may give him a slight pause, but really he just needs to defend his mind long enough for a single gesture, and boom goes the entire galaxy. The few who may survive the galaxy-busting attack get taken out with other esoteric magical crap. Shadow King he beats down telepathically.

Endless Mike
Don't forget that Fabian Cortez can amp the powers of his teammates and Doorman has the powers of Deathurge

Digi
Originally posted by Glorificus
Odin wins.

All the telepaths may give him a slight pause, but really he just needs to defend his mind long enough for a single gesture, and boom goes the entire galaxy. The few who may survive the galaxy-busting attack get taken out with other esoteric magical crap. Shadow King he beats down telepathically.

I've trotted out the galaxy-thundering stuff before too, but Odin hasn't been shown at that level since the 70's. Obviously he's still a force, and will likely win this thread, but that kind of hyperbole probably needs to be reigned in.

Endless Mike
I don't see why he can't do that, he hasn't been depowered or shown any indication that he can't and he has done stuff like taking on Galactus, also his galaxy destroying fight with Seth was in the 90s

Glorificus
Originally posted by Digi
I've trotted out the galaxy-thundering stuff before too, but Odin hasn't been shown at that level since the 70's. Obviously he's still a force, and will likely win this thread, but that kind of hyperbole probably needs to be reigned in.

Has there been some change in the character since the 70s? Like a canon de-powering? I don't believe Marvel has had major reboots like the Crisis, so is there any reason why his feats from earlier on aren't potential viable tactics he could employ now?

Digi
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I don't see why he can't do that, he hasn't been depowered or shown any indication that he can't and he has done stuff like taking on Galactus, also his galaxy destroying fight with Seth was in the 90s

Was it? I may actually be thinking of another feat that was said to shake galaxies, from much earlier.

Originally posted by Glorificus
Has there been some change in the character since the 70s? Like a canon de-powering? I don't believe Marvel has had major reboots like the Crisis, so is there any reason why his feats from earlier on aren't potential viable tactics he could employ now?

Not really. I'll retract what I said in light of Mike's comments. I do think he's portrayed a bit differently these days though.

Endless Mike
Well the Eternity fight was in the 60s or 70s, the Seth one was in the 90s. Both of them were galaxy level+.

celestialdemon
Mutants could definitely win this fight, but it will be tough. A lot of them would be useless. However, New Sun Gambit is a beast, so he could give Odin a fight while the rest provide back up.

nwg202
new sun Gambit and the other heavy hitters take him head on while magik teleports around him and slashes him with the Soul Sword similar to the Archenemy battle...they definately have a chance wit the firepower they are packing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.