Team Power Cosmic vs Team Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Galactus (Just consumed 1 planet)
Galacta
Silver Surfer
Stardust
Firelord
Airwalker
Terrax
Nova (Herald)

vs

Rune King Thor
Zeus
Ares (Marvel)
Sekhemet
Panther God
Snowbird
Hercules, classic, with mace
Beta Ray Bill

armedforbattle
Power cosmic 9/10

pym-ftw
I feel rkt is above galactus but I can see that being the only fight that matters as sues clears everyone else quickly.

PillarofOsiris
Zeus would end most of the heralds, while RKT battles Galactus. If Zeus can beat Galacta quickly (and I'm not sure he could), then all the gods would be against Galactus. I think he'd probably still win though.

basilisk
Leaning towards Cosmic because of Galactus.

If Panther God is allowed to bring his herald the Black Panther, then Surfer is quickly arm-barred and frogmarched off for a BFR.

But... it comes down to what RKT could do to Galactus. And if he can hold him off while Zeus and co finish the rest, which I believe they could, it would be interesting to see what RKT, Zeus, and BRB could do combined.

I wonder if he could pull something like what Strange did to topple the big G? (Or in the cartoon it was Ghost Rider who defeated Galactus the same way).

TheGodKiller
Team Cosmic ftw .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by basilisk

I wonder if he could pull something like what Strange did to topple the big G? (Or in the cartoon it was Ghost Rider who defeated Galactus the same way).

With Strange , Galactus was starving . And we don't use cartoons in a Forum VS fight .

Utrigita
Team Power Cosmic imo.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Utrigita
Team Power Cosmic imo.

Do you think Galacta can take Zeus ?

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Do you think Galacta can take Zeus ?

Maybe not defeat him, but she should be capable of slowing him down or stalemating him until RKT and Galactus gets tired of a telepathic fight and RKT proceeds to KO himself.

TheGodKiller
Maybe not defeat him, but she should be capable of slowing him down or stalemating him until RKT and Galactus gets tired of a telepathic fight and RKT proceeds to KO himself.

I thought so . But based on feats though and whether or not she's stronger than a starving version of her father(whom Zeus was able to down in Chaos War), Zeus could possibly take a very small majority .

basilisk
With Strange , Galactus was starving . And we don't use cartoons in a Forum VS fight .

Yeah, I know about the cartoons. I just mentioned it because they used the same device but changed the character for some reason.

Galactus was starving sure, but something like that could still affect him. Even if it doesn't outright stop him it might leave him open to other attacks. Or if RKT, Zeus, and BRB were able to eventually gang up on him, they might wear him down enough for such an attack to work.

Utrigita
I thought so . But based on feats though and whether or not she's stronger than a starving version of her father(whom Zeus was able to down in Chaos War), Zeus could possibly take a very small majority .

Galacta's powerlevel is hard to get a estimate on, but powerful enough to engage Zeus and delay him, I for one have no doubt about. And based on Galactus recent showings I think Galactus should be capable of defeating RKT, and still have sufficiant energy to deal with Zeus.

PillarofOsiris
The Zeus that fought Galactus in Chaos War was possessed by the Chaos King. But I think Galactus just consuming one planet is probably equal to a standard Celestial, and thus I think it would down RKT.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by basilisk
Yeah, I know about the cartoons. I just mentioned it because they used the same device but changed the character for some reason.

Galactus was starving sure, but something like that could still affect him. Even if it doesn't outright stop him it might leave him open to other attacks. Or if RKT, Zeus, and BRB were able to eventually gang up on him, they might wear him down enough for such an attack to work.

That was a one-time incident(unless you count the Xavier-Skull population amped telepathic assault on him) and it only worked on him when he was starving .
Since then , his ability to feel remorse has been retconned based on both Mephisto and Adam Warlock(who tried to use the Soul Gem on him) making statements to such an effect that lead the reader is led to believe that Galactus may not even have a soul at all .

Also , while the Penance Stare and Images of Ikonn appear to have a similar effect , they work in an entirely different manner .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
The Zeus that fought Galactus in Chaos War was possessed by the Chaos King. But I think Galactus just consuming one planet is probably equal to a standard Celestial, and thus I think it would down RKT.

Greg Pak confirmed that the amp Zeus received from Mikoboshi wasn't that large , and when Zeus downed the unfed , empty belly Galactus , he did so mostly under his own power .

Q99
Among Galacta's feats include traveling to the earth's core and eating a whole swarm of Kree bioweapon monsters that were feeding off the core.

To give you an idea of their size, Galacta listed their nutritional value at 850 petacalories, or about a million times as much as an elephant (or assuming the elephant in question Galacta was scoping at 10 tons, and assuming equivalent nutritional value per weight, 10 million ton critters).

Lesse, she also deflected a cosmic ray burst (similar to the one that made the F4) headed for earth, moved an extinction-level size astroid on course for earth. Used her cosmic awareness to sense, via contacting Reed Richards, the current location of the ultimate nullifier from his previous contact with it. Ohh, she stopped an alternate reality from reality-warping earth into a 'more pleasing form'. So she can work on planetary scale, not that it's much surprise.

pym-ftw
I feel that zues could hold galactus off a lot longer than team herald led by g-girl could hold off rkt....

Wait is bfr on? Team Thor with ease

Q99
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I feel that zues could hold galactus off a lot longer than team herald led by g-girl could hold off rkt....

I don't.

guy222
power cosmic

Utrigita
Greg Pak confirmed that the amp Zeus received from Mikoboshi wasn't that large , and when Zeus downed the unfed , empty belly Galactus , he did so mostly under his own power .

Where did large amp come from?

Utrigita
That was a one-time incident(unless you count the Xavier-Skull population amped telepathic assault on him) and it only worked on him when he was starving .
Since then , his ability to feel remorse has been retconned based on both Mephisto and Adam Warlock(who tried to use the Soul Gem on him) making statements to such an effect that lead the reader is led to believe that Galactus may not even have a soul at all .

Also , while the Penance Stare and Images of Ikonn appear to have a similar effect , they work in an entirely different manner .

Xavier's assault didn't work at all, Xavier required Galactus to open his mind in order for Xavier even to show Galactus the Skrulls feelings, which Galactus just brushed off before making a telepathic assault on Xavier that wrecked his astral form, Galactus then remade his Astral form and sent Xavier back to his body.

Naija boy
Galactus solos the other team

DarkOdin
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
The Zeus that fought Galactus in Chaos War was possessed by the Chaos King. But I think Galactus just consuming one planet is probably equal to a standard Celestial, and thus I think it would down RKT. It was a down right stupid situation .

Zeus was only at 1/2 strength b/c he didn't have his divine bolt stated in chaos war.

Then Chaos king amped Zeus slighty according to the writer.

So that makes Zeus power level ?????

Odin was able to stalemate Galactus at a not hungry but not just fed level and knock galactus out.

Odin was not knocked but merging into the destoryer however Odin was is a rough state afterwards as was clear he would lose.

RKT is above Odin At the very less a well fed Galactus and RKT are close in power level.

So i guess it would depend on the lower level guys to help to get a win So just roll the dice

TheGodKiller
Where did large amp come from?

When did I claim that he had a large amp ?

Also , thanks for proving my point :

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by DarkOdin
It was a down right stupid situation .

Zeus was only at 1/2 strength b/c he didn't have his divine bolt stated in chaos war.

Odin was able to stalemate Galactus at a not hungry but not just fed level and knock galactus out.

Odin was not knocked but merging into the destoryer however Odin was is a rough state afterwards as was clear he would lose.

RKT is above Odin At the very less a well fed Galactus and RKT are close in power level.

So i guess it would depend on the lower level guys to help to get a win So just roll the dice

It would actually depend on how well fed Galactus is . If he has devoured a minimum of 4 worlds , then I don't see RKT lasting very long in this battle .

TheGodKiller
Xavier's assault didn't work at all, Xavier required Galactus to open his mind in order for Xavier even to show Galactus the Skrulls feelings, which Galactus just brushed off before making a telepathic assault on Xavier that wrecked his astral form, Galactus then remade his Astral form and sent Xavier back to his body.

Which is why I mention , "unless" we count the Xavier Skrull incident as well , as its debatable how effective it was .

Utrigita
When did I claim that he had a large amp ?

Also , thanks for proving my point :

My mistake I meant to say that Greg nowhere stated that it wasn't a large amp.

but perhaps means no large amp?

I generally think it's worthless talking about whether the amp was large or small, all we know for certain is that the Chaos King in some way increased Zeus powerlevel beyond what they normally is, to what degree we don't know.

Utrigita
Which is why I mention , "unless" we count the Xavier Skrull incident as well , as its debatable how effective it was .

How can it be debatable how effectiv it is, when it was shown to have no effect at all?

TheGodKiller
My mistake I meant to say that Greg nowhere stated that it wasn't a large amp.

but perhaps means no large amp?

I generally think it's worthless talking about whether the amp was large or small, all we know for certain is that the Chaos King in some way increased Zeus powerlevel beyond what they normally is, to what degree we don't know.

Considering how in that very same quote , Pak mentions , via paraphrasing Galactus , that Zeus is a little stronger than the average skyfather , implies that while he was amped by Mikaboshi , the amp wasn't very large or significant .

TheGodKiller
How can it be debatable how effectiv it is, when it was shown to have no effect at all?

Agreed .

Bouboumaster
Galactus gives the victory to his team

Tar-Antado
Team Cosmic due to the biggest dog in this fight - Big G.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by DarkOdin
It was a down right stupid situation .

And Galactus was hungry.

Also, I find it funny how we assume Zeus was depowered from not having the bolt, yet we're supposed to assume he's only slightly amped from having thousands of Gods inside him.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
And Galactus was hungry.

Also, I find it funny how we assume Zeus was depowered from not having the bolt, yet we're supposed to assume he's only slightly amped from having thousands of Gods inside him.

Pak's logic is funny .

Utrigita
Considering how in that very same quote , Pak mentions , via paraphrasing Galactus , that Zeus is a little stronger than the average skyfather , implies that while he was amped by Mikaboshi , the amp wasn't very large or significant .

My point is that Pak makes absolutely no sense in regards to what level of power Zeus was amped by having the Chaos King inside him. Atleast to me "Your a bit stronger" and "definitely being augmented" isn't the same. But as you said yourself Pak's logic is funny (or completely ****ed up)

TheGodKiller
My point is that Pak makes absolutely no sense in regards to what level of power Zeus was amped by having the Chaos King inside him. Atleast to me "Your a bit stronger" and "definitely being augmented" isn't the same. But as you said yourself Pak's logic is funny (or completely ****ed up)

Agreed . And that's why , imo , Chaos War was one of the biggest flop-events ever produced by Marvel . It completely spat all over established Marvel Cosmic Continuity .

Power Cosmic II

You're projecting a colloquialism of "x is a little more ____er than y" unto the panel itself, which is incorrect.

How do you know that Pak is strictly speaking in colloquial terms when he uses the phrase "a little" in regards to the Zeus encounter?

Because he wouldn't have written Galactus to be in total and complete shock about his inability to down Zeus if Pak literally meant "a little" instead of using it in a colloquial sense, a mistake that many people on this forum make.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
You're projecting a colloquialism of "x is a little more ____er than y" unto the panel itself, which is incorrect.

How do you know that Pak is strictly speaking in colloquial terms when he uses the phrase "a little" in regards to the Zeus encounter?

Because he wouldn't have written Galactus to be in total and complete shock about his inability to down Zeus if Pak literally meant "a little" instead of using it in a colloquial sense, a mistake that many people on this forum make.

Tell me , how strong is Zeus in comparison to an average skyfather ?
These are your options :
1.Stronger
2.Equal
3.Weaker

KuRuPT Thanosi
Galactus would WTF Pwn Zeus.. Period.. How is that even being argued... In fact, Zeus might one shot himself on Galactus like Odin did. That said, I think RKT could beat Galactus or at least stalemate him long enough for the others to come help. I think Team PC need a little more help here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
And Galactus was hungry.

Stop being Logically Bran... The Hulk fanboys need Zeus to be OMGZORZS Awesome to explain him WTFpwning Hulk.. Get it? Geez...

Power Cosmic II
Tell me , how strong is Zeus in comparison to an average skyfather ?
These are your options :
1.Stronger
2.Equal
3.Weaker

Irrelevant. Galactus clearly expected Zeus to go down to a sufficiently powerful blast. Odin KO'd himself striking Galactus, who did not retaliate. Do you think Galactus couldn't KO Zeus by actually attacking him? The whole point of the exchange was to point out that something extremely suspect was going on with Zeus (revealed to be chaos king a few pages later).

If Pak had intended to showcase Zeus (and zeus alone, i.e., without the influence of mikaboshi) to be more powerful than Galactus ever expected, he could have done that whole entire scene outside of Chaos War.

He didn't.

TheGodKiller
Irrelevant. Galactus clearly expected Zeus to go down to a sufficiently powerful blast. Odin KO'd himself striking Galactus, who did not retaliate. Do you think Galactus couldn't KO Zeus by actually attacking him?

Its not really irrelevant , because according to Pak , Zeus was only slightly stronger than an average skyfather :

Also , you should know as well as I do , that Galactus was living off a previous meal(Surfer was scouring the Galaxy finding a planet for him to eat , before their invasion of Asgard) , in the Mighty Thor arc .
The Galactus in Chaos War , on the other hand , got teleported away , by Herc , before he could even begin feeding on a planet . He was completely unfed , empty-belly and quite possibly starving in that arc . We all know how weak a starving Galactus can be .

I also don;t understand why you are even bothering to address my post , since I admitted in my response to Bieb , that Pak's logic is funny .

Power Cosmic II
Its not really irrelevant , because according to Pak , Zeus was only slightly stronger than an average skyfather :

Also , you should know as well as I do , that Galactus was living off a previous meal(Surfer was scouring the Galaxy finding a planet for him to eat , before their invasion of Asgard) , in the Mighty Thor arc .
The Galactus in Chaos War , on the other hand , got teleported away , by Herc , before he could even begin feeding on a planet . He was completely unfed , empty-belly and quite possibly starving in that arc . We all know how weak a starving Galactus can be .

I also don;t understand why you are even bothering to address my post , since I admitted in my response to Bieb , that Pak's logic is funny .

Because, again, you're projecting a colloquialism as literal word. By that logic you would expect someone who paraphrases "yeah, so the Olympics are only a little harder than the regional competitions" in day-to-day conversations to *literally* mean slightly harder. Pak is obviously adopting a colloquial tone by saying "hey, so you're xy and z" when he's speaking for Galactus. And Galactus doesn't speak like that. Hence, colloquial language. It's really not hard to understand. Instead, Galactus was absolutely shocked that his attacks had ZERO effect. And obviously, Galactus had no reservations about confronting a skyfather *at all* even in a hungry state.

Pak isn't contradicting himself. He's using every-day colloquial exchange. Why else would he say "don't take it all away from Zeus" if he really meant "a little stronger?"

TheGodKiller
Because, again, you're projecting a colloquialism as literal word. By that logic you would expect someone who paraphrases "yeah, so the Olympics are only a little harder than the regional competitions" in day-to-day conversations to *literally* mean slightly harder. Pak is obviously adopting a colloquial tone by saying "hey, so you're xy and z" when he's speaking for Galactus. And Galactus doesn't speak like that. Hence, colloquial language. It's really not hard to understand. Instead, Galactus was absolutely shocked that his attacks had ZERO effect. And obviously, Galactus had no reservations about confronting a skyfather *at all* even in a hungry state.

Pak isn't contradicting himself. He's using every-day colloquial exchange. Why else would he say "don't take it all away from Zeus" if he really meant "a little stronger?"

Again , these are Greg pak's own words :

"Don't take it all from him" can also imply Pak trying to push forward the idea that Zeus downing Galactus wasn't mainly the Chaos King's power , but mostly his own .

Galactus was already hungry , when Herc teleport-summoned him against his will . Its only reasonable to assume , based on how quickly his energy reserves dwindle , when they are significantly limited , that he progressed from hungry to starving in that instance .
In such a state , Galactus has been taken down by a sorcerer supreme , a host of the Phoenix force , and driven away by a high herald .Considering these showings , I wouldn't too much weight into Galactus' own self-hyperbole ,when he is in such a weakened condition .

Anyways , I don't understand why you are even bothering to reply to me since my stance has already changed , and is in agreement to your idea that Zeus was being massively amped by Mikaboshi .

Odekahn
Cosmic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.