Jack Rakan vs Buso Renkin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
can the inivinble idiot take on everyone from the verse of Buso Renkin and win? or will he lose.

scenario 1: Rakan's pactio is not allowed
scenario2: Rakan his pactio for this.

NemeBro
I'm honestly not positive if he could take on Viktor, but at the same time, if he can beat Viktor, he could pretty much go on to solo the verse, since he and Kazuki are the only characters nearly that strong.

Q99
Huh, is Buso Renkin good? I've never picked it up.

NemeBro
Yeah it's pretty good, lots of great action, good characters, and is pretty funny and sort of a pseudo parody/deconstruction of some shounen tropes.

It's IIRC ten or eleven volumes long, the main problem being how rushed the ending had to be.

danteiscool
yeah, basically what Nemebro said. it's a good, but short series, though it apparently stopped getting published in a shonen magazine before the anime ending, so the anime had to improvise their own thing before the final volume came out.

NemeBro
Okay, after reacquainting myself on Viktor's feats, I am of the opinion that he cannot beat Rakan. Speed-wise they are more or less equivelant, Jack Rakan had the physical strength edge by a good margin, and his durability and destructive capacity are not on par with Rakan's by any means. After Rakan takes out Viktor and Kazuki, there's really no one else who is a threat to him, Viktor or Kazuki could quite easily solo their own verses (Shit, Viktor did).

Esomark
Rakan clears through Busou Renkin rather easily. He can casually send out mountain busting ki beams, is fast enough to react to a lightning timer in combat, can throw punches just as fast as said lighting timer, can spam swords that can cleave through warships, and has a soul cutter in the Zanmaken Ni No Tachi. Even if you take away his Pactio, he still has plenty of power to handle a great deal of opposition. Even Victor and Kazuki aren't going to do too much to him. Rakan has plenty of ways to take them and the rest out without breaking a sweat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.