Zombie survival

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thanos-prime
In a zombie survival situation which creature would you rather have help you?

1) Critters, you get 6 critter's to start with and they can eat the zombie's( Do they do that eat people? I don't remember.) without turning but if they are bitten they do turn they are under your complete control.

or

2) Gremlins, you get 3 regular gremlins, 1 spider gremlin, 1 electricity gremlin, and the bat gremlin they are also under your complete control.

Which would you rather have as your companion/slaves and which do you think would help you survive the easiest/longest?

the ninjak
Critters kick-ass! I'll take them.

juggerman
Gremlins.

the ninjak
What defeated the electrical gremlin?

juggerman
water

the ninjak
So rain would kill the electric Gremlin? Eventually he'll hit water. You can't just hang out in a city or town forever you would have to hit the road. How would he follow you? You could try to keep along the power lines. But that's dangerous.

The Bat Gremlin could gather food for you and warn you of danger. I see yokels/survivor types shooting him down from the sky eventually.

Spider Gremlin was a mess. Creepy mofo. I see zombies swarming it and feating upon it eventually. Or someone just blowing the crap out of it.

Then you're left with 3 Gremlins. And they weren't that great. You could throw some in a pool and make a tonne of em. But damn they would be irritating.

Now 6 Crites. Pure WIN. The projectiles on their backs rendered people unconscious. Great for dealing with pesky psychos. But obviously the spikes wont work on Zombies for they're dead.

And Crites can breed. They need to eat before they lay eggs. It's never shown how they breed but you never see female Critters they appear to be a mono-sexed species. Apparently quoted on film it took 6 months for eggs to hatch but on screen some took a few hours.

If any of my Critters got bit by a zombie then I would order the others to devour it. And zombie Critters can't breed. Give me a few weeks and my Critters would annihilate those Gremlins and any body else who got in my way.
The ability to control these creatures would make me the undisputed king of the this threads planet. If the Critters got too numerous I would just tell em to eat each other and the eggs to keep the numbers down.

I would find suitable survivors and build a new civilisation. The Crites would destroy any who oppose me.

juggerman
Gremlins are easier to reproduce than Critters tho. Pour some water on them (except the electric one of course) and you have an army in minutes.

Weirdos might shoot one Batlin down but whats anyone gonna do about 100? 1,000? Plus just as many Spiderlins? Zombies would pose zero threat against my minons! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I guess the Electriclin is the weak link here but hey i don't think id need it all that much

the ninjak
No.

One Critter would kill many Gremlins. A thousand Critters would annihilate 10000 Gremlins. Gremlins need to eat you know. How do you plan to feed them?

And Critters would be a thousand times easy to deal with psychologically and economically. Gremlins are a pain in the ass. Critters just sit around and giggle. Plus Crites shoot projectiles that render living creatures unconscious.

Your argument of water making tonnes of Gremlins is mute. For I can order my Crites to eat each other. Making more eggs.

And on a war scale. Gremlins have trouble taking over towns and buildings. Crites have decimated planets.

thanos-prime
I would pick the critters as well i would love to have an army of those giant critters.

juggerman
Yes. smile

this isnt Critters vs Gremlins so the theory that Critter would kill Gremlins while an interesting debate topic (i agree with you here by the way) means nothing here as they are to be used against zombies right? And Gremlins eat just about anything. The Spiderlin tried to eat a person so im sure we can figure something out

Yes Gremlins are a serious pain but im under the impression that they are under my complete control. If that is not the case i would probably end up killing them. Or myself.

My Batlins can fly about the land searching for food and places to go/hide and any number of things we might need/want which your Critters would have much more trouble locating.

Your Critters eating eachother is just weird but still it is much less effective than my water idea since as you stated earlier than it takes atleast several hours for the eggs to hatch but a Gremlin in a pool breeds an army in moments.

It would not be my intention to take over this zombie infested and most likely dead planet. My army would serve simply to protect me (and anyone else who may still be alive) help find food and survivors and kill any zombies we come across.

juggerman
Quick question. Its been awhile since ive seen a Critters movie but didn't it take them awhile to actually eat a person? And since the person was alive and felt pain they ran around screaming and/or buckled over in pain.

I just think they wouldn't be as effective to a non-pain feeling zombie since they wouldn't be stopped by the first few bites like a normal person would. And since the spike won't work on them you'd have zombies still coming after you while Critters are inside them eating away.

Or the zombies eat the Critters just as they would eat the zombies.

Flyattractor
Do critters go Zombie if they eat the zombies?
Do the critters have access to the advanced space tech?

Gremlins I give the edge on shear nasty creativeness but at lest the crites can go out in the daylight.

juggerman
No they can eat zombies without turning
I don't believe they have their tech

MOTHERF***ER I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT DAMN SUNLIGHT BS

Flyattractor
Well its summer time. The Undead are more active at night anyway.....blow

juggerman
i guess we can just hole up in the day time.... tho (and im not sure about this at all) but i think i recall the Batlin flying outside and not dying

thanos-prime
Originally posted by juggerman
i guess we can just hole up in the day time.... tho (and im not sure about this at all) but i think i recall the Batlin flying outside and not dying It turned to stone when it flew outside in the movie.

juggerman
Dammit! My one hope....

thanos-prime
It really wouldn't matter if you moved only at night cause you could have an army of them in a matter of days. and the electricity gremlin could light any houses you happen to move through.

juggerman
very true. the only problem i foresee (which still can be dealt with) is if we're attacked during the day and maybe the zombies break thru walls/roofs and a ton of light gets in.

i mean we could always find a super durable place to spend days in like a prison but it could still be a factor

thanos-prime
And as for the critters beating the gremlins, im pretty sure the electricity gremlin was making shit explode just by touching it so i think the gremlins would win a fight.

juggerman
well i just meant Gremlins in general vs Critters not these particular ones

the electriclin makes it way too unbalanced

thanos-prime
very true. the only problem i foresee (which still can be dealt with) is if we're attacked during the day and maybe the zombies break thru walls/roofs and a ton of light gets in.

i mean we could always find a super durable place to spend days in like a prison but it could still be a factor well that could be avoided by killing all of the zombies in the area before settling down for the night. Or luring them away with a couple sacrificial gremlins.

thanos-prime
well i just meant Gremlins in general vs Critters not these particular ones

the electriclin makes it way too unbalanced I know, i think critters vs normal gremlins would be in the critters favor but the genetically enhanced gremlins make it a stomp in the gremlins favor.

juggerman
what kind of zombies are these? slow moving or weird running zombies?

thanos-prime
what kind of zombies are these? slow moving or weird running zombies? i was thinking a mix of both.

juggerman
hmmmm. running zombies are always a much bigger pain in the culo.

i could see me using a Batlin to lure them far away each day since with just a cup of water i could have like 6 more in under a min

thanos-prime
hmmmm. running zombies are always a much bigger pain in the culo.

i could see me using a Batlin to lure them far away each day since with just a cup of water i could have like 6 more in under a min the spiderlin would make the runners easy to deal with get them caught in the webs then have the normal gremlins stab them to death.

thanos-prime
actually i change my mind i would rather have the gremlins.

juggerman
I forgot i even got reg Gremlins laughing

Zombies stand NO CHANCE!

juggerman
yeah i guess the Spiderlins could web the perimeter of my "hideout" so Zombies get caught up and never even reach us during the day. Then at night we go out an kill them.

the ninjak
Gremlins would be a pain in the ass. If you raised 1000 of them you would need to feed them you know. Or they would get uncontrollable especially during the rainy seasons. You would have a hard time gathering them up and ordering them to kill each other. They will destroy your lifestock without close observation. Well they would mess everything up without complete observation. Because when it rains the new gremlins wont be under your control. And that is a BAAAAAADDDDDDDD thing.

ALL IT WOULD TAKE IS ONE RAINY NIGHT AND YOU WILL HAVE A REAL PROBLEM ON YOUR HANDS. ESPECIALLY IF YOU SLEPT THROUGH IT.

Whereas with Crites one could rebuild a decent society. Gather 20 or so trustworthy survivors. Choose a nice open plain. Crites could chew through metal. They can chew down trees. And chew em into pillars and spit out the wood. Us survivors would build farms and shelters. Raise cows, chickens and horses. If you just had 300 or so they would make great clearers of the land.

And feed them some chickens every now and then will keep em happy or simply order them to eat each other plus eggs, you won't be able to do that with Gremlins. Now when you need them to patrol the landscape for zombies and general hostile humans they would be incredibly efficient. You have large Critters too you know. 7 ft tall Critters. Would make great fur for clothing.

Critters like to bundle together into balls very efficient. Very easy to micro manage. And none of the irritating noise and general tomfoolery the Gremlins get up too.

Giant Crites would probably be a good source of meat as well. And they grow quick.

You guys are thinking too much about walking the land like the characters in Walking Dead. With Crites you wouldn't need too! You could easily build a working fortified farm. Any zombies or humans who get try to invade your territory get eaten or rendered unconscious for interviewing.

I agree with juggerman, this isn't about who beats who. It's about which species would be best to survive the zombie apocalypse.

And the Critters win this in spades. Based on work efficiency, controllability and killing power.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by the ninjak
If you can order crites to eat each other why not gremlins?

You have complete control of them, the thread wouldn't work unless you did.

I wouldn't allow any unsupervised gremlin making and if it did manage to happen i would have them immediately dealt with if they started to cause a uproar.

I wouldn't have to buld anything the electricity gremlin could light any house i want and i could order the gremlins to stockpile food and with a working refrigerator/freezer i could stockpile beef and pork for years.

Gremlins have you beat in both defensive, offensive and patrolling ability.

With gremlins i could light and fortify entire city's and make safe havens for large groups of people.

Gremlins have them beat in all of those areas except efficiency which can be taught.

the ninjak
-Because Gremlins aren't carnivores. Well not like the Crites. You could order them to kill each other though sure.

-Fair enough. I thought the species had to be ordered.

-How are you going to feed 10000 or more gremlins?

-That electric Gremlin ain't gonna last forever.

-No they don't. The mutated gremlins were genetic anomalies. When did they breed in the movie? And 10000 gremlins won't beat 1000 Crites in a fight. Even with the 3 mutant gremlins. Crites decimate planets. Gremlins never got beyond a town or building.

-You can't breed Electric Gremlins.

-You ain't going to teach Gremlins efficiency. Tomfoolery is their mindset. They're trouble makers at heart. You can tell em to do general things and they will do it but they be making trouble whilst doing it.

juggerman
they will eat whatever i order them to eat and i will order them to like it too!

that only depends on if these zombies are like Dawn of the Dead zombies and leave animals alone. if not they can eat eachother and scavenge

it really can. especially considering it can pass thru/ hide in any electrical object. how hard would it be to keep a DS dry?

yes they do smile

doesnt mean they cant breed. their DNA was altered so and offspring they have will have similarly altered DNA. there was never any reason stated they they couldnt reproduce so ill just assume they can

humans can beat critters with the proper equipment im sure i could arm them well enough to take on just about anything. sorry but the critters really have no answer to the 3 mutants. how do they stop electricity? Gremlis are limited by their weakness to the sun tho. thats how they are beaten. if they were on a dark planet they would decimate

debatable. there could be a way

what if i say "do it without any nonsense" or something along those lines? they may want to act up but they cant if ordered not to

thanos-prime
Originally posted by the ninjak [/
If i remember correctly gremlins would eat whatever they got there hands on including meat.

The better question is how do you plan to feed a large number of crites when they never stop eating. and i wouldn't make nearly that many because they would be hard to feed.

iirc the spiderlin was getting ready to lay eggs before it died. your right it would only take 1 eletriclin to kill 1000 crites how you ask? by them not being able to hurt it and by it blowing shit up just by touching it.

This is because they have an obvious weakness and lack motivation to conquer their only goal is to have fun and cause mayhem.

Why would i need to? 1 electric gremlin is enough for lighting my own home. and it could be possible to breed them but it's not like i would need to.

If i can't teach gremlins efficiency then you can't teach crites not to eat everything in sight as that's pretty much there mindset and their eating machines at heart. i would rather have a bunch of moron slaves than slaves who are going to eat all my food and then probably eventually me.

the ninjak
-Yeah but Gremlins looked disgusting on the inside. Not really good food.

-I would tell the not to eat until told to. Simple.

-Didn't know the SpiderLin was about to lay eggs. Nice one. And the electrical gremlin would be an incredible killer I'm not disagreeing with that. Tough to get out into the wilderness though. And didn't the Electric Gremlin destroy electrical appliances and wiring? Where the hell did he get his powersource from??? the building power reserves right? And what happens when their is no more powersource? Wouldn't he burn out eventually?

-True.

-You said you would use it to power cities. And supply power to large groups of people. Electric Gremlin needs to eat too. Electricity. What happens when there's no electricity left in the grid? The power stations are down.

-Lets just forget about this argument. The OP states they do whatever you command so lets keep it at that.
My argument of Crites breeding fast enough to feed themselves on themselves is still a good plan. I just don't see the Gremlins being all that happy eating themselves. They seemed repugnant inside.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by the ninjak [/i
Probably but i don't plan on him living forever anyway, and i wouldn't use him to power my city all of the time just until i cleared it out and got the electricity running normally again then he could die for all i care.

Maybe natural lighting im sure i could set up conditions so that he could feed.

It is a good plan but crites don't look like they have much meat on them at all. Be more like drinking each other, and i don't think that's what they always look like just when they're hit with sunlight.

thanos-prime
watching critters right now and for nasty little hairballs they sure are smart.

the ninjak
One would be extremely comfortable with either of these species protecting them.

I still reckon though once the city grid goes down the Electrical Gremlin will be desperate for energy to eat. Solar panels in some home won't be enough. Nor will car batteries. And god that would make alot of noise. Every zombie in the city will pour in to get ya. Energy dissipates very quickly and the gremlin in the film had unlimited access to it. But in a city with no power or worse out in some field he may have only a minute to live. You could try a petrol power generator but he'd probably brake it. And you don't wanna be near it when that happens.

Just an idea. Best not get used to him being around for long. The bat and spiders will be more than enough. And unless you are some kind of genius engineer or the people you save are. I doubt you'll get the power generators back on line, not with the maintenance required. Maybe after a few years with education and manpower. But I doubt you'll have enouh time to save the Electric Gremlin.

juggerman
was it actually established that he needed to feed on electricity to survive? i havent seen the movie in years so i really dont recall

the ninjak
was it actually established that he needed to feed on electricity to survive? i havent seen the movie in years so i really dont recall

I'm basing it on the fact he popped out of electrical wires.

And basic science. A creature made out of pure energy will can only last so long because energy dissipates, rapidly. Even comic characters with such power need to feed.

thanos-prime
I'm basing it on the fact he popped out of electrical wires.

And basic science. A creature made out of pure energy will can only last so long because energy dissipates, rapidly. Even comic characters with such power need to feed. Im pretty sure everything we know about gremlins or mogwai shows that they are far more magic based than science.

the ninjak
And what gave the Gremlin his new power was science based. Oh here we go.

Water killed the gremlin. Why? Water is an excellent distributer of electricity. So why did it kill the Gremlin when it could move through wires?

Because the water forced his form to dissipate the energy. Which is what air does but less forcibly.....I just thought of that. I'ms so smarts. smile

thanos-prime
And what gave the Gremlin his new power was science based. Oh here we go.

Water killed the gremlin. Why? Water is an excellent distributer of electricity. So why did it kill the Gremlin when it could move through wires?

Because the water forced his form to dissipate the energy. Which is what air does but less forcibly.....I just thought of that. I'ms so smarts. smile how long do you think he could last without feeding on electricity?

the ninjak
Originally posted by thanos-prime
how long do you think he could last without feeding on electricity?

A minute?. Give or take. I really gotta watch this movie again though. I'm going off sheer memory. But my memories had him zipping around through wires. Hittig stuff then laughing then hitting the wires again. The water got him good.

thanos-prime
A minute. Give or take. Well then im pretty sure the movie disputes that he has to feed as im pretty sure he spent alot of time outside electrical devices far more than a minute atleast maybe im nor sure tho.

the ninjak
I just read a run down of the Electric Gremlin.

The Electric Gremlin , also known as the Lightning Gremlin, is a mutant gremlin from Gremlins 2: The New Batch. Originally an ordinary gremlin, he drank an electrifying potion in the Clamp Center laboratory, an action which immediately transformed him into a bolt of sparking and animate gremlin-shaped electricity. While fast, lethal and extremely uncontrollable; it also happens he has no good sense of direction and randomly travels around.

The Gremlin can't control his movements, he's erratic as his form.

After his transformation, he disappeared into a power socket and was not seen again until Billy Peltzer accidentally turned on a laboratory lamp from which the Electric Gremlin shot out into the room. He electricutes the head scientist Doctor Catheter and then he yet again disappeared into an electrical socket. Later, he reappeared in Daniel Clamp's office and there Billy, who was having a conversation with Clamp, managed to trap him inside the telephone system, effectively putting him on "hold".

Towards the end of the story, when all the other gremlins, except for Mohawk who had already been killed by Gizmo and his leader role had been taken by the Brain Gremlin, were in the Center lobby, Billy remembered the Electric Gremlin which he had trapped inside the phone system and after getting some help to douse the gremlins in the lobby with water from a hose, he released the Electric Gremlin out over the wet gremlins, bouncing around among the gremlins and electrocuting them all to death. The Electric Gremlin soon lost control over himself and exploded which most likely killed him instantly, leaving only the electricity that was frying the other gremlins to death behind.

So he never existed outside of a powersource for very long in the film. And water killed him and anything nearby. Hope it doesn't start raining.

So yeah he doesn't have a long life span. Considering water killed it and it's erratic movements.

thanos-prime
Well if he can't control his movements then he's no good anyway.

the ninjak
Guess you'll need to live the simple life like me on a farm with 50 Playboy bunnies. Cows, chickens and a bunch of freaky monsters.

Air-con and refrigerations overrated anyways. Eat fresh.

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.