shouldn't this Forum Version Be upgraded??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheBigManRevo
Hello I was wondering Why this Forum still uses G2 Where there is G4 Now

it has alot more features we can blog in the new version and know if there is a member online and there's adittions makes able to Chat

besides it looks way better smile

and it's safier and more stable

jaden101
Because our single solitary admin is long dead and gone and no one left has any power to do anything other than moderate.

Barker
Raz doesn't care enough to visit KMC, but does care enough to make sure the forum is still running so he can collect money from the ads.

jaden101
http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=killermovies.com&isc=ALEXADOM

Feel free to look him up.

Barker
Hmm? I thought Raz ran KMC independently of killermovies.com.

dadudemon
He renewed in Feb so obviously he plans to keep this site up.

However, I do not think he (Raz) cares enough to upgrade the forum software version.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Barker
Hmm? I thought Raz ran KMC independently of killermovies.com.

He updates the Main page of the site that none of us ever see pretty regularly (or did until March of this year).

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He updates the Main page of the site that none of us ever see pretty regularly (or did until March of this year).

I could have sworn that was Ushgarak's work?

Digi
We should seriously consider rounding up mods and just moving this whole enterprise to a new site.

Can't edit/delete/merge/add forums, can't appoint new mods. It's beyond frustrating.

NOT IT, btw. But I'd jump on board if a group of mods started this up.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Digi
We should seriously consider rounding up mods and just moving this whole enterprise to a new site.

Can't edit/delete/merge/add forums, can't appoint new mods. It's beyond frustrating.

NOT IT, btw. But I'd jump on board if a group of mods started this up.

It's MUTINY!

REBEL SCUM!

mad mad mad mad

jaden101

Pretty sure it's a bot that updates the film news info on the main page...at least it was on a forum I used to admin.

Bardock42
He updates the Main page of the site that none of us ever see pretty regularly (or did until March of this year). Originally posted by dadudemon
I could have sworn that was Ushgarak's work?

It's neither, it's a third party, whose name I forgot.

Barker
Originally posted by Bardock42
It's neither, it's a third party, whose name I forgot.
jw00t

TheBigManRevo
ok

We Should Collect Moderators here to see what to do and some Hackers to Hack Raz Account big grin

We Can Make new site or renew the site

Digi
Originally posted by dadudemon
It's MUTINY!

REBEL SCUM!

mad mad mad mad

I requested a demotion to regular mod and proposed promotions like 2.5 years ago. If they had gone heeded, and the forum had gone anything but ignored in that time, I'd be more sympathetic.

Originally posted by TheBigManRevo
ok

We Should Collect Moderators here to see what to do and some Hackers to Hack Raz Account big grin

We Can Make new site or renew the site

Yes, let's start off our bid for a new forum with some illegality.

Have fun with that, I'll watch.

TheBigManRevo
illegality big grin Why??

is Raz British ??

Peach
He renewed in Feb so obviously he plans to keep this site up.

However, I do not think he (Raz) cares enough to upgrade the forum software version.

Raz runs/owns the KMC forums, but not the KMC site itself. The two are actually fairly independent from each other and always have been.

TheBigManRevo
Originally posted by Peach
Raz runs/owns the KMC forums, but not the KMC site itself. The two are actually fairly independent from each other and always have been.

two people own two sites in the Domain isn't that is a little bit Strange??

Peach
Not at all.

TheBigManRevo
But Where is Raz ??

inimalist

in theory, couldn't "someone" hack the page to give themselves admin privileges?

almost like squatters rights, especially if the site were improved...?

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
in theory, couldn't "someone" hack the page to give themselves admin privileges?

almost like squatters rights, especially if the site were improved...?

That's...illegal. It is not just illegal: it is criminal. But, yes, it could be done as this forum version is definitely not patched and I am quite certain the server that hosts this place is marginally secure.

Symmetric Chaos
That's...illegal. It is not just illegal: it is criminal.

Are there things that are illegal but not criminal? I wasn't aware of a distinction.

focus4chumps
illegal yes, but if anyone could just go ahead and hack this site to eliminate the popup ads, im sure nobody here would tattle.

Symmetric Chaos
I don't get any popups unless I'm not logged in.

inimalist
wow, i get singing ones, and they totally hijack my phone's browser...

focus4chumps
if im on a mac i dont get them. on pc my browser sometimes gets gorilla pimped

Digi
www.firefox.com
> Install Firefox
> Add-ons
> Install AdBlock

2012, guys. Get with it. It does WAY more than just make KMC more pleasant.

fdog

Symmetric Chaos
No-Script, yo.

Bardock42
www.firefox.com
> Install Firefox
> Add-ons
> Install AdBlock

fdog

Firefox...2012....lol

Really though, do the same but for Google Chrome, Digi's right.

Shakyamunison
www.firefox.com
> Install Firefox
> Add-ons
> Install AdBlock

fdog

I did it, and it seems to work great. Thanks!

dadudemon
www.firefox.com
> Install Firefox
> Add-ons
> Install AdBlock

fdog

Indeed.

But, to be "that guy", who pays for the electricity on the server in Texas? Who pays for the name (there's a fee you have to pay for that)? Who pays for the hardware maintenance?

I am okay with ads on the website. Even "smart ads" that advertise things relevant to the information on the page (such as...in the Naruto thread, it will sometimes advertise Naruto books and funimation merchandise). But I am not okay with audio ads. GTFO, audio ads.

No-Script, yo.

I believe there is one for Chrome: not-script. Not-Script is the most granular scripting program I have used for a browser. It is incredible. You can see how sneaky some websites get with their website scripting because they run the scripts without DNS (name resolution) and it just shows up as an IP on the list (making you guess which scripts are legit and which are ads).

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

The "old dog new tricks" idiom is a lie!

Robtard

The "old dog new tricks" idiom is a lie!

Shaky's not old, he's ancient.

Digi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Firefox...2012....lol

Really though, do the same but for Google Chrome, Digi's right.

Heh. Don't get elitist on me. Anything that isn't IE is acceptable. If they're still running IE, Firefox is the easiest transition.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

...here to help. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.