Ultron War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



JakeTheBank
Well, with the "This is War" teaser images showing up from Marvel, I'm fairly certain the next event will be the Ultron War which Bendis and co. layed the ground work for since the Heroic Age started. It'll be nice to get away from this crap of heroes fighting each other and ridiculous power ups that mean jack shit in the end run, plus, supposedly, Ultron War will be Bendis' last Avengers schtick, which is a plus.

Ideally, this should be great because Ultron is great and even Bendis hasn't messed him up (yet). Of course, it will probably be mediocre at best. Still, Ultron is awesome and all flesh-bags should agree.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on how the arc should go?

Digi
I actually don't mind Bendis on the Avengers. He does Spider-Man pretty well. It's the bigger stuff he flops on - all the "events" and whatnot.

I hope time-travel is involved again. Nothing gets me hot like a good time war.

JakeTheBank
Plus Ultron means more Hank Pym which is always a plus.

Galan007
Christ, can Marvel go at least a couple months WITHOUT a 'big event'?

It's gotten so old that I've ceased caring. srsly

JakeTheBank
If the event is confined to the Avengers line of books, and doesn't get its own limited title run, I'd be happy.

I do hate having the constant events, though. The Heroic Age was actually fairly enjoyable because of the pause in events and each character/title had time to just "be" and develop their own arcs and whatnot.

Galan007
If it is confined to the Avengers line alone, then ya, it wouldn't be AS bad.

But still, it seems like ever since Annihilation, there has literally been one event stacked on top of the other--back to back to back to back. In the old days, Marvel's big events were something I looked forward to. Nowadays, they just make me turn away from the company all together. It's a shame.

And the worst part about it is that almost every large event Marvel has produced over that last 5-6 years, has SUCKED.

Bentley
Agreed. Marvel needs to rethink what an event even means for them, I mean, aside from selling lots of minis and Wolverine tie ins or whatnot. I don't follow events unless I find their concept is interesting or appealing, or just check the few issues in which characters I like appear, etc. And I do my best to ignore them, but then the few ongoings that I still follow get filled with tie-ins of an event that I don't care after another, and I realize that it will keep me from collecting them in the end. That sucks.

Avengers has been my favorite franchise since I started reading comics, I collect the collections and I still look foward to certain arcs -I actually have good hopes for Ultron War, but I like Ultron-. But I rather have excellent arcs in the ongoings such as the recent FF issues against the Celestials, Annihilus and everything going on at once. If you pick an excellent story like that one and try to decompress it into several tie ins it loses momentum.

Lucky for Marvel and for me, they still publish decent minis from time to time, but they are making me drop ongoings left and right. Remember that time in which you could read a quality Hercules book? What the hell happened since then?

Galan007
^ Marvel has FF and Fantastic Four--both of which are some of the best comics in ANY company, imo. They also have SHIELD, but that's only released every 4-6 months it seems. <-----Those are the only reason(s) I still read Marvel at all... And they are all written by Hickman, so take that for what it's worth. /shrug

Anyway, an Ultron event could definitely be good, IF Marvel keeps it fairly self-contained. Annihilation Conquest and Ultron War were good Ultron-based events for that reason. Self-contained events allow readers to center more on the actual story, imo.

BruceSkywalker
ultron will be beating them up for several issues and the there will be some plot device in the final issue which will make him lose.. as for pym, he will be great in this

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Marvel has FF and Fantastic Four--both of which are some of the best comics in ANY company, imo. They also have SHIELD, but that's only released every 4-6 months it seems. <-----Those are the only reason(s) I still read Marvel at all... And they are all written by Hickman, so take that for what it's worth. /shrug

Anyway, an Ultron event could definitely be good, IF Marvel keeps it fairly self-contained. Annihilation Conquest and Ultron War were good Ultron-based events for that reason. Self-contained events allow readers to center more on the actual story, imo. FF was like a 30-40 issue arc that was set up from the beginning, quite brilliantly I must say. If you know what to do, you don't need events all the time to generate interest.

SHIELD's just... there... **** do I look forward to the next one. sad

Anyway, the events have gotten ridiculous. The last great one has been Annihilation. There's been some good ones here and there, but for the most part... shit.
Although Bendis' single issue focuses on Ultron have been interesting... but he also never really focused on him either. I guess we'll see, since Ultron is a good character.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
FF was like a 30-40 issue arc that was set up from the beginning, quite brilliantly I must say. If you know what to do, you don't need events all the time to generate interest.

SHIELD's just... there... **** do I look forward to the next one. sad

Anyway, the events have gotten ridiculous. The last great one has been Annihilation. There's been some good ones here and there, but for the most part... shit.
Although Bendis' single issue focuses on Ultron have been interesting... but he also never really focused on him either. I guess we'll see, since Ultron is a good character. thumb up

Planning stories in advance. A very old concept that makes Hickman look like a genius in current Marvel.

Digi
Amazing Spider-Man has been very good. Credit where it's due. It understandably lost a lot of people during OMD, but that's fairly ancient history right now in his storyline, and they really recovered nicely.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Plus Ultron means more Hank Pym which is always a plus.

Bendis writing Pym? How can that EVER be a good thing?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bendis writing Pym? How can that EVER be a good thing?

I doubt it will just be Bendis handling the event.

Avengers Academy will likely have a crossover couple of issues (especially with Jocasta and Pym being regulars).

Ultron is a tough character to really screw up, but here's hoping it's not an absolute train wreck.

Galan007
Near the start of the Heroic Age (Avengers #1-6, iirc) Bendis wrote 'The Ultron War'. Though it was only a few issues long, I thought it was pretty well done--Ultron came out looking good.

Personally, I have faith in the chap. If he screws it up, oh well... It certainly wouldn't be the first shitty event Marvel's had. /shrug

Kazenji
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, with the "This is War" teaser images showing up from Marvel,

What teaser image?

basilisk
It will be a one issue story. Ultron will be beating up Thor and the Avengers then suddenly the Phoenix 5 show up and vaporize him.

Sundipped
Originally posted by basilisk
It will be a one issue story. Ultron will be beating up Thor and the Avengers then suddenly the Phoenix 5 show up and vaporize him.

Don't tell that to Jake. He would immediately add that to his list of crappy events. smile

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sundipped
Don't tell that to Jake. He would immediately add that to his list of crappy events. smile

Yeah, if the Phoenix Five - one of the absolute worst concepts Marvel's had in recent history - showed up and wasted Ultron, that would certainly make for a crappy event. smile

As is, Ultron's consistently been handled well by writers and creators, even Bendis. His Fem-Ultron was well executed in a "new, but familiar" opening arc for his post SHRA Mighty Avengers. And the ground work he laid for the Ultron War was actually decent.

This event will be better if it was just an arc that carried through the Avengers titles, but odds are, it will be some six or seven issue limited series with needless tie-in issues.

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
As is, Ultron's consistently been handled well by writers and creators, even Bendis. His Fem-Ultron was well executed in a "new, but familiar" opening arc for his post SHRA Mighty Avengers. You know, I totally forgot Bendis wrote 'The Ultron Initiative' (the female Ultron arc.) I actually liked that story quite a bit.

So, The Ultron Initiative + The Ultron War? Yeah, the guy can write a darn good Ultron, imo. That doesn't mean the entire event will be good--but at least Ultron should come out looking decent. /shrug

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
You know, I totally forgot Bendis wrote 'The Ultron Initiative' (the female Ultron arc.) I actually liked that story quite a bit.

So, The Ultron Initiative + The Ultron War? Yeah, the guy can write a darn good Ultron, imo. That doesn't mean the entire event will be good--but at least Ultron should come out looking decent. /shrug

I did like his Mighty Avengers run, more so than his Post Civil War New Avengers at any rate. And his Ultron was beastly; only beaten through plot device (like most of the times he's been beaten, come to think of it) and the story and characterization was pretty good.

I give Bendis a lot of shit - rightfully so, imo - but I do give him credit when he does well. If his event is helmed solely by Bendis and keeps things Avengers focused instead of trying to drag the entire Marvel U into it, this event will be halfway decent hopefully. And Ultron will likely be handled pretty well itself.

Galan007
Yeah, this event needs to stay self-contained, no doubt about it. If it starts venturing outside the Avengers books, it will turn into contrived mess that no one cares about.

Even though they currently have a huge event transpiring, Marvel only had 3 books in the top 10 last month, while DC had 7--and that has been the norm lately. Marvel needs to understand that company-spanning 'epic events' are good in moderation, but they lose their luster when they're pumped out as fast as possible, one after the other. Give it a rest. Let characters/plots evolve naturally.

/rant

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007 Yeah, this event needs to stay self-contained, no doubt about it. If it starts venturing outside the Avengers books, it will turn into contrived mess that no one cares about. Even though they currently have a huge event transpiring, Marvel only had 3 books in the top 10 last month, while DC had 7--and that has been the norm lately. Marvel needs to understand that company-spanning 'epic events' are good in moderation, but they lose their luster when they're pumped out as fast as possible, one after the other. Give it a rest. Let characters/plots evolve naturally. /rant

thumb up not to mention aquaman is seliing better than any marvel comic, except for avx.

-K-M-
Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-comic-con-teaser-this-is-war.html

Yeeeeeeeah, soak it all in

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, with the "This is War" teaser images showing up from Marvel, I'm fairly certain the next event will be the Ultron War which Bendis and co. layed the ground work for since the Heroic Age started. It'll be nice to get away from this crap of heroes fighting each other and ridiculous power ups that mean jack shit in the end run, plus, supposedly, Ultron War will be Bendis' last Avengers schtick, which is a plus.

Ideally, this should be great because Ultron is great and even Bendis hasn't messed him up (yet). Of course, it will probably be mediocre at best. Still, Ultron is awesome and all flesh-bags should agree.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on how the arc should go?

1.Ultron shows up and is beating marvel earths superheroes, the heros despereatly seek out the xmen with there new upgrade and show up and destroy ultron

2. Demon colossus kills him

Damborgson
Originally posted by -K-M-
Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-comic-con-teaser-this-is-war.html

Yeeeeeeeah, soak it all in

laughing out loud no expression

Bentley
...Not much I can say about THAT.

Regarding some previous comments, did Bendis write in the Ultron Imperative at all?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by -K-M-
Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-comic-con-teaser-this-is-war.html

Yeeeeeeeah, soak it all in

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-comic-con-teaser-this-is-war.html

Yeeeeeeeah, soak it all in facepalm

I'll stick with "Punisher: In Space"

vince_slice
Originally posted by -K-M-
Sorry to burst your bubble, but...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-comic-con-teaser-this-is-war.html

Yeeeeeeeah, soak it all in
lololol.

JakeTheBank
lmfaoooo guess I was wrong.

So Punisher amped by PIS is going to solo the Avengers?

Yeah, I'd much rather have Ultron.

Bentley
I hope this leads to Ultron getting Frank's brain patterns and starting the U-war.

Stall_19
I always knew Castle could solo the Avengers. smile

Damborgson
Hes going to break mjolnir with a standar shot gun blast probably.

Bentley
Crap, the Ultron initiative, I'm such a newb at reading stick out tongue

It seemed weird already to catch Galan doing a comic mistake.

Kazenji
Typical from this forum site people assuming certain things will happen before its began.

JakeTheBank
^ Ultron War is going to happen. That much is confirmed from the comics themselves outright saying "Soon: Ultron War!" or the various interviews with creators. The majority of fans likewise believed the "This is War" teasers hinted at the wouldbe Ultron War arc. It was a good marketing attempt by Marvel though. Got myself and many others by surprise.

Still, Punisher vs. the Avengers is a horrible idea.

Kazenji
Originally posted by JakeTheBank


Still, Punisher vs. the Avengers is a horrible idea.

Yeah that's stupid but how do we know its even Frank?....could a robot of some kind.

Kazenji
Rucka Reveals New Details About PUNISHER WAR ZONE

Yeah stupid.......why all of a sudden the Avengers are interested in putting a stop to Frank Castle no expression

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lmfaoooo guess I was wrong.

So Punisher amped by PIS is going to solo the Avengers?

Yeah, I'd much rather have Ultron.

Bombs are going to KO Thor and I'm going to lol at Marvel.

JakeTheBank
I like Rucka and I like his Punisher run, but PIS is going to come in full force for this event to work.

Endless Mike
Maybe Galactus makes Punisher his Herald and his guns shoot cosmic power

JakeTheBank
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/March2013AU.jpg

Finally.

And when you apparently run the numbers through a binary translator, it does indeed spell "Age of Ultron". 'bout time.

Galan007
01000001 01100111
01100101 00100000
01001111 01100110
00100000 01010101
01101100 01110100
01110010 01101111
01101110

+

http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp

=

Age of Ultron.


...Pretty cool.

-K-M-
01010011011010000111010101110100001000000111010101
11000000100000010001110110000101101100011000010110
1110

JakeTheBank
It'll be interesting to see how Bendis bounces back after a few months of non-Avengers titles only to go back to doing an Avengers themed event.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by -K-M-
01010011011010000111010101110100001000000111010101
11000000100000010001110110000101101100011000010110
1110

laughing

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
01010011011010000111010101110100001000000111010101
11000000100000010001110110000101101100011000010110
1110 01000110011101010110001101101011001000000110111101
10011001100110001000000100110101110101011011100110
011101101001

-K-M-
01001111011011100110110001111001001000000110100101
10011000100000011110010110111101110101001000000110
00100111010101111001001000000110110101100101001000
00011001000110100101101110011011100110010101110010
00100000011001100110100101110010011100110111010000
00110100001010

Galan007
011001000110010101100001011011000000110100001010

-K-M-
01001010011101010111001101110100001000000111001101
10111100100000011110010110111101110101001000000110
10110110111001101111011101110010110000100000010010
01001001110110110100100000011001100110000101110100
00100000011100110110111100100000011110010110111101
11010101110010001000000110011101101111011010010110
11100110011100100000011101000110111100100000011010
00011000010111011001100101001000000111010001101111
00100000011000100111010101111001001000000110000100
10000001101100011011110111010000100000011000100111
01010111010000100000010010010010000001110000011101
01011101000010000001101111011101010111010000101110
00101110001011100010111000101110001011100110100001
10000101110010011001000010111000100000010000010110
11000111001101101111001000000100100100100000011101
00011001010110111001100100001000000111010001101111
00100000011100110110001101110010011001010110000101
10110100100000011100100110000101110000011001010010
00000111001001100001011011100110010001101111011011
01011011000111100100101110001000000101001101100101
01100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001
01010001110101011001010111001101100100011000010111
1001

Galan007
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/tumblr_mbigxczuuV1rugunyo1_400.gif

-K-M-
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk429/YawnSighGasp/Reaction%20gifs/tumblr_luoy14hUwo1qeis24o1_250.gif

Digi
I know there's translators and such, but I don't feel like indulging you turkeys.

no expression

-K-M-
01100111011011110110001001100010011011000110010100
10000001100111011011110110001001100010011011000110
01010010000001100111011011110110001001100010011011
00011001010010000001100111011011110110001001100010
01101100011001010010111000101110001011100110100001
10111101110111001001110111001100100000011101000110
10000110000101110100001000000110011001101111011100
10001000000110000100100000011101000111010101110010
01101011011001010111100100100000010001000110100101
1001110110100100111111

Damborgson
Originally posted by -K-M-
01001010011101010111001101110100001000000111001101
10111100100000011110010110111101110101001000000110
10110110111001101111011101110010110000100000010010
01001001110110110100100000011001100110000101110100
00100000011100110110111100100000011110010110111101
11010101110010001000000110011101101111011010010110
11100110011100100000011101000110111100100000011010
00011000010111011001100101001000000111010001101111
00100000011000100111010101111001001000000110000100
10000001101100011011110111010000100000011000100111
01010111010000100000010010010010000001110000011101
01011101000010000001101111011101010111010000101110
00101110001011100010111000101110001011100110100001
10000101110010011001000010111000100000010000010110
11000111001101101111001000000100100100100000011101
00011001010110111001100100001000000111010001101111
00100000011100110110001101110010011001010110000101
10110100100000011100100110000101110000011001010010
00000111001001100001011011100110010001101111011011
01011011000111100100101110001000000101001101100101
01100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001
01010001110101011001010111001101100100011000010111
1001

laughing out loud

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
01100111011011110110001001100010011011000110010100
10000001100111011011110110001001100010011011000110
01010010000001100111011011110110001001100010011011
00011001010010000001100111011011110110001001100010
01101100011001010010111000101110001011100110100001
10111101110111001001110111001100100000011101000110
10000110000101110100001000000110011001101111011100
10001000000110000100100000011101000111010101110010
01101011011001010111100100100000010001000110100101
1001110110100100111111 01101100011101010110110001111010001000000111100101
10111101110101001000000111010001101111011101000110
00010110110001101100011110010010000001101111011101
11011011100110010101100100001000000110100001101001
01101101001000000110110101110101011011100110011101
10100100100001

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
01101100011101010110110001111010001000000111100101
10111101110101001000000111010001101111011101000110
00010110110001101100011110010010000001101111011101
11011011100110010101100100001000000110100001101001
01101101001000000110110101110101011011100110011101
10100100100001
01101000011011110111011100100000011001000110000101
11001001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010
00000110111001101111011101000010000001110000011101
01011101000010000001100001001000000110001001101001
01101110011000010111001001111001001000000110001101
10111101101101011011010110000100100000011000100110
01010110011001101111011100100110010100100000011000
01001000000110010001101001011100100110010101100011
01110100001000000110000101100100011001000111001001
10010101110011011100110010110000100000010001110110
0001011011000110000101101110

Galan007
00101010011001000110111101101000001010100010000001
00011001110101011000110110101100100000011011010110
01010010111000101110001011100010000001001001001001
11011011010010000001100001001000000110001001101001
01101110011000010111001001111001001000000110100101
10010001101001011011110111010000101110

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
00101010011001000110111101101000001010100010000001
00011001110101011000110110101100100000011011010110
01010010111000101110001011100010000001001001001001
11011011010010000001100001001000000110001001101001
01101110011000010111001001111001001000000110100101
10010001101001011011110111010000101110
01001001011101000010011101110011001000000110111101
10101101100001011110010010110000100000011011100110
11110010000001101111011011100110010100100111011100
11001000000110001001101001011011100110000101110010
01111001001000000111000001100101011100100110011001
100101011000110111010000101110

Galan007
01110010011001010111000001101111011100100111010001
10010101100100

StiltmanFTW
01000111011001010111010000100000011000010010000001
11001001101111011011110110110100100000011110010110
11110111010100100000011101000111011101101111001011
10

dadudemon
42:75:74:20:73:6f:6d:65:20:6f:66:20:75:73:20:61:72
:65:20:62:65:74:74:65:72:20:74:68:61:6e:20:6f:74:6
8:65:72:73:2e

TheGodKiller
57 61 6e 64 61 27 73 20 68 65 78 65 73 20 3e 20 61 6c 6c 2e

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by dadudemon
42:75:74:20:73:6f:6d:65:20:6f:66:20:75:73:20:61:72
:65:20:62:65:74:74:65:72:20:74:68:61:6e:20:6f:74:6
8:65:72:73:2e
49 20 61 6d 20 62 65 74 74 65 72 20 74 68 61 6e 20 79 6f 75 2e

Bentley
This thread went bad pretty fast no expression

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Bentley
This thread went bad pretty fast no expression

01001000 01110101 01110011 01101000 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110110 01100101 01110010 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01110101 01101101 01100010 01110011 01100011 01110101 01101011 01100101 01110010 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100001 01100111 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100101 00101110 00100000 01001110 01101111 00100000 01101101 01100101 01100001 01110100 01100010 01100001 01100111 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111 01110111 01100101 01100100

Digi
I'm going to translate everything in this thread, then start handing out bans where appropriate. Enjoy your time, gents.

no expression happy

-K-M-
01010011011010000110100101110100001000000110101001
11010101110011011101000010000001100111011011110111
01000010000001110010011001010110000101101100001011
10001011100010111000101110000011010000101000001101
00001010010001000110100101100111011010010010000001
10100101110011001000000110111101101110001000000111
01000110111100100000011101010111001100100000011001
11011101010111100101110011001011000010000001010010
010101010100111001001110010011100100111001001110

Digi
Originally posted by -K-M-
01010011011010000110100101110100001000000110101001
11010101110011011101000010000001100111011011110111
01000010000001110010011001010110000101101100001011
10001011100010111000101110000011010000101000001101
00001010010001000110100101100111011010010010000001
10100101110011001000000110111101101110001000000111
01000110111100100000011101010111001100100000011001
11011101010111100101110011001011000010000001010010
010101010100111001001110010011100100111001001110

XologeBUKmA

Igniz
01001100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110101 01101100 01110100 01110010 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110010 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110101 01110100 00101110

JakeTheBank
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/AgeOfUltron_1_Cover.jpg

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/AgeOfUltron_1_UltronVariant.jpg

The best part about the Age of Ultron #1 cover? Look at the guy left standing in the reflection of Ultron's face. laughing out loud

Golgo13
Bleh, another event. Pass.

JakeTheBank
Ultron is one of the select things Bendis is actually good writing about.

Golgo13
I just don't care for Bendis's Avengers. Never have. And seeing as the other Marvel events have been weak, I won't get sucked in again.

Damborgson
The teaser issue he did for it right before Fear Itself was very good to be honest. If he keeps up that type of writing he'll do great and I'll actually enjoy this event.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, the .1 issue, I believe.

Ultron arcs are usually pretty good. It's hard to phuck up a genocidal robot with an Oedipus complex.

-K-M-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's hard to phuck up a genocidal robot with an Oedipus complex.
I'm simply saying that Bendis, uh... finds a way.

http://skorinc.us/brodyharper.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Ian_Malcolm_jurassic_park.jpg

Digi
I see Thor is on the bottom of that pile of bodies. First to fall as usual. As you were, Bendis...

Bentley
So Ultron gets to conquer the world next? Cool. Most of the time he rather just kill stuff, but conquest is good

Kazenji
Might check it out

hardly ready anything Ultron related besides his appearance in Dan Slott's Avengers.

basilisk
Originally posted by Kazenji
Might check it out

hardly ready anything Ultron related besides his appearance in Dan Slott's Avengers. I think I've read everything Ultron ever appeared in. It's usually interesting but Bendis has me worried. Maybe he will come through on this one, his other Ultron arcs were OK I guess.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -K-M-
I'm simply saying that Bendis, uh... finds a way.

http://skorinc.us/brodyharper.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Ian_Malcolm_jurassic_park.jpg

lmfao

Kazenji
Preview for book 1

only two scans

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=14901

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Kazenji
Preview for book 1

only two scans

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=14901
Well taskmaster and moon knight are involved so I'll pick it up even if they are most likely only Propped up in the background as ultron fodder.

Kazenji
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/1358545733.jpg

Kazenji
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/72482749274928.jpg

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/484871_10151349872307488_1196603782_n_zps3c644f5e.jpg

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/484720_10151351592187488_1000865947_n_zpsa2d1415d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/6362_10151353258927488_1472446113_n_zps138b6702.jpg

Bentley
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/age-of-ultron-7-teaser.html

Sh_t just got real:

http://i.newsarama.com/images/UncannyAvengers_8AU_Cover.jpg

Damborgson
Kang? Gross. sick

------

TO-yMyINOIk

Bentley
Originally posted by Damborgson
Kang? Gross. sick

You're just mad because he has the highest probability of casually koing Thor he's never had kangbiscuits

vansonbee
The preview looks nice, but when Kang involve, I can see all this being reverted and we get the same old shit again!

I'm assuming its difficult for writers to write a different setting out of the norm (not base off real life).

HueyFreeman
There better be more to this plan than dozens of ultrons showing up and attacking everyone.

Bentley
Originally posted by vansonbee
The preview looks nice, but when Kang involve, I can see all this being reverted and we get the same old shit again!

Kang is the king of "lot of crap happened but also everything remained the same", but at least there is a plot reason for it to happen with Kang.

Unlike the rest of the events in Marvel...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley

Unlike the rest of the events in Marvel...

Cept with AvX which got the Avengers working along side with the mutants

and maybe Fear Itself that's about the only two that change things.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Bentley
You're just mad because he has the highest probability of casually koing Thor he's never had kangbiscuits

laughing out loud I laugh now but...

...tears will come later. sad

Damborgson
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2860135-ageofultron_7_teaser_super.jpeg

Kazenji
Ben got the shit stomped out of him and he's still going.

Galan007
First issue was promising.

Bentley
I thought the issue itself was good, but it's pointing towards a quick retcon by the end already

Kazenji
Yeah Kang will retcon it from existance.

Damborgson
http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q643/Bank_Genesis/Age%20of%20Ultron%201/AgeofUltron001-024_zpsf05709e1.jpg

Damborgson
http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q643/Bank_Genesis/Age%20of%20Ultron%201/AgeofUltron001-025_zps48585672.jpg

SevenShackles
Caps shield broken again even after the supposed Uru upgrade? Eh.
This arc seems really unnecessary to me and right away comes across as one of those events that will have no significant or lasting impact despite it's given near AoA scale.

Also is that Peter as siderman? Seems like peter.

Damborgson
I'm sure Bendis ignored the uru upgrade, and he said inone of his interviews that this was "bigger" than Marvel NOW, which is him saying "lol, you bet I don't give a phuck about continuity" . So it's very much a possibility that that's Peter.

JayDaDon
Bigger than Marvel NOW? Wow there's a new one

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Damborgson
I'm sure Bendis ignored the uru upgrade, and he said inone of his interviews that this was "bigger" than Marvel NOW, which is him saying "lol, you bet I don't give a phuck about continuity" . So it's very much a possibility that that's Peter.
Wow that sucks. It might as well not be 616.
It actually reminds me so far of something I would of expected of the early ultimate books (when they were good).. I'll squint my eyes and pretend its the reveal of ultimate ultron lol

Damborgson
Yeah, i think it's ultimately going to be pretty pointless. It'll get rectonned, then it'll be as if it never happened. Hope it has a good story though. Bendis can shine when he wants, and he's not as busy lately so hopefully he put some effort into this. Issue #1 was so-so.

Damborgson
Thor's either imprisoned or killed apparently
http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q643/Bank_Genesis/Age%20of%20Ultron%201/AgeofUltron001-008_zps72c4036a.jpg

Damborgson
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s646/bank650/Age%20of%20Ultron%202/Age-of-Ultron-02-pg-017_zps6f19e507.jpg http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s646/bank650/Age%20of%20Ultron%202/Age-of-Ultron-02-pg-018_zpsb1c804b9.jpg

Cap's back into the fight

Damborgson
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s646/bank650/Age%20of%20Ultron%202/Age-of-Ultron-02-pg-015_zps8b295c0d.jpg
Interesting. Hope that's Ultrons silhouette.

With Bendis I wouldn't be surprised if it stunk of a million exploding suns honestly >_>

Martian_mind
That looks suspiciously like an 'S' reflected in one of Spidey's eyes...

-Pr-
Yup.

Damborgson
YveI7il_BuE

There's Book One for anyone who's interested. thumb up

Bentley
Originally posted by Martian_mind
That looks suspiciously like an 'S' reflected in one of Spidey's eyes...

Is Ultron in cahoots with Sanji then?

Damborgson
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/2821712-1358547652.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/2822229-ageultronff2013001.jpg

Damborgson
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=15777

#3 preview. Even with her not bracing, it's a decent striking power feat for Luke.

Damborgson
http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u671/genesis650/Age%20of%20Ultron%203/AgeofUltron003-005_zps6fbd061d.jpg

looks like we got some confirmed deaths

JakeTheBank
Either that or they've been captured. Makes sense for Ultron to take out Hulk and Thor quickly as well as the Ben.

But then again, Bendis loves his street levelers and metas.

Damborgson
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Either that or they've been captured. Makes sense for Ultron to take out Hulk and Thor quickly as well as the Ben.

But then again, Bendis loves his street levelers and metas.

Could be also. The issue talked about how Ultron was trying to replicate the feelings of "revenge" and so forth because of its programming.

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u671/genesis650/Age%20of%20Ultron%203/AgeofUltron003-021_zps645bb1c8.jpg

He's definitely giving his boys love lol

JakeTheBank
That scene with She-Hulk being stronger than Luke Cage as "debatable" made me laugh. GTFO, Bendis lol

Damborgson
No, for real lol. Last issue had some good stuff in it, but the Bendis feel just couldn't be ignored.

I think the series is about as interesting as I thought it'd be for the moment though.

I liked Steve's comment to Wolvy though of what would happen to him if he went out here.

JakeTheBank
I will say that Ultron is one thing Bendis has never really messed up and the event's pacing is different but good. I just hope he doesn't let his hate for Hank Pym as a character ruin this event.

Endless Mike
This might be an ignorant question, but are Ultron War and Age of Ultron the same thing?

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I believe so.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That scene with She-Hulk being stronger than Luke Cage as "debatable" made me laugh. GTFO, Bendis lol
When I had my battlezone team featuring Slade, Luke Cage, and Mr Terrific, I should have used Bendis Cage. I'd have won the entire tournament. dur

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Bentley
Is Ultron in cahoots with Sanji then?


If he is the MU is ****ed.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u671/genesis650/Age%20of%20Ultron%203/AgeofUltron003-005_zps6fbd061d.jpg

looks like we got some confirmed deaths

laughing@ Wolverine missing Hulk.

JakeTheBank
Now, I don't know about anyone else, but the characterization in this event seems to point that Spider-Man is Peter Parker instead of Otto. Did the Superior Spider-Man tie-in touch on that at all or what?

JayDaDon
The real question I have is what the phuck happened to Luke's hairline?

SevenShackles
All this just doesn't feel 616 and all the ultimates styled outfits and Peter being spiderman just kind of ruins this for me. (I thought it interesting to see ock spidey have part in a big event and possibly giving some tech support against the Ultron threat) Not that if it plays out well I won't give it it's credit for being a good story but I feel like I have nothing to loose. This will obviously be magically fixed at the end and it just feels like reading a long 'what if?' story. No emotional investment and little care for what really happens overall since the end game is predetermined.

Glad moon knight is involved.

Damborgson
T'Challa didn't deserve to go out like that...

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I will say that Ultron is one thing Bendis has never really messed up and the event's pacing is different but good. I just hope he doesn't let his hate for Hank Pym as a character ruin this event.

It never stopped him before.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Now, I don't know about anyone else, but the characterization in this event seems to point that Spider-Man is Peter Parker instead of Otto. Did the Superior Spider-Man tie-in touch on that at all or what?
I believe someone mentioned that on the Character Ownage thread as well. It's just Bendis doing his thing by not giving a sh1t about continuity at all. Not sure about the SS tie-in though. In fact, I don't even know if there are even tie-ins with the Spider-Otto book.

Bentley
Ok, I'm not very interested in the story itself but it's still decent at this point. I'm disappointed by the fact the continuity is thown away, but I really didn't expect much continuity since we got the first art for issue one. So... Yeah.

The use of some characters feel sort of lazy too.

Darth Vicious
Another ongoing Avengers book to come out. Would've like to see Danger(X-men) there and not a Doombot.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-avengers-a-i-series-announced.html

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Another ongoing Avengers book to come out. Would've like to see Danger(X-men) there and not a Doombot.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-avengers-a-i-series-announced.html

I am okay with this. I'm all for Hank Pym love and I'm glad to see that he doesn't die at the end of this event. Also, Doombot.

Damborgson
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?448711-Age-of-Ultron-4-*Preview*

Issue #4 preview

Ultron's ruling from the future I guess? Kang's involvement is starting to make more sense.

Damborgson
Shit just got real

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q643/Bank_Genesis/Fantastic%20Four%205%20AU/FanFour_5_TheGroup-012_zpsa4f556e6.jpg
http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q643/Bank_Genesis/Fantastic%20Four%205%20AU/FanFour_5_TheGroup-013_zps3a2c1f19.jpg

Was not expecting that end of Doom

SevenShackles
Oh yeah! Spidey-ock doing exactly what I wanted him to do in this arc, be smart and be a badass. of course he loses in the end but damnit this made my day
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15555205_SSM_6AU_TheGroup-009.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15555208_SSM_6AU_TheGroup-010.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15555210_SSM_6AU_TheGroup-011.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15555216_SSM_6AU_TheGroup-012.jpg

JakeTheBank
lol @ issue #4

Damborgson
Luke Cage is power incarnate

JakeTheBank
Takes nukes and doesn't afraid of anything.

Omega Vision
From just a superficial glance this looks a lot like the OMAC crisis in DC.

Damborgson
I was reading some Heroic Age avengers and apperently Bendis has been foreshadowing this thing since the first 6 issues of HA avengers. Sure took his sweet time getting here. Overall, the story hasn't been bad, but nothing compared to what I thought such a long wait would bring.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, if you look at the "timeline" chart that's in one of those issues showcasing "future" Iron Man, you see quite a few easter eggs foreshadowing some events including AvX and Age of Ultron.

Damborgson
yep thumb up had some other neat stuff in there too like Fear Itself terms and even the original x-men coming back.

basilisk
Even nukes don't stop Cage. A nuke like that would have flat out killed Thor. Not Cage though, he's too damn tough for that. The laser blast that killed She-Hulk? It would have bounced off Cage's shiny bald head leaving barely a singe mark.

Damborgson
An attack like that is probably what Ultron used to kill Thor in the first place. Cage is they guy who'll take Thanos down in "Infinity" probably.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>