Geridath (Promethean Giant) Vs Mageddon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/pm.jpg

vs

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/Mageddon.jpg

Galan007
Geri pops Mageddon like a pimple.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
Geri pops Mageddon like a pimple.

Where would you place a Promethean Giant in general? Celestial Level? Skyfather? What?

Galan007
Hard to say. Other than being massively large, PG's don't have many feats to speak of.

Q99
I would think Mageddon. It's mind control powers and all that, plus it's powered by an anti-sun.

Galan007
I don't see mind control working. Sure the ALE worked on Geri, but that's the ALE.

I'll have to reread the JLA issues pertaining to Mageddon, but off-hand I don't remember it doing anything overly impressive (impressive enough to down Geri, at least.) It was hyped to hell, though.

guy222
p g ftw

Cogito
I'm voting Mageddon.

Gedirath was mind controlled twice. Once by Darkseid's tech and once from the ALE (no shame there). Mageddon's mind phuckery is probably greater than New God tech

Galan007
^ Yeah, but the only reason Darkseid's mind control tech was successful is because he implanted said tech within Ged's internal brain/nervous system while he was still entrapped on the wall, and then activated said tech when the time was right. As far as external forces go, the ALE is the only thing we saw control Ged. ALE>>Mageddon.

Personally, I didn't think Mageddon's mind-phuckery was that impressive. He made some of the earth's populace act crazy, and also controlled Supes for a bit (then Supes snapped out of it.) It's also worth mentioning that J'onn had no issues reading Mageddon's 'mind' and even telepathically communicating with those under his control. It's just hard to imagine Mageddon controlling something as vast as Ged. /shrug

Cogito
^ Yeah, but the only reason Darkseid's mind control tech was successful is because he implanted said tech within Ged's internal brain/nervous system while he was still entrapped on the wall, and then activated said tech when the time was right. As far as external forces go, the ALE is the only thing we saw control Ged. ALE>>Mageddon.

This doesn't make a lot of sense, tbh.

kevdude
I would vote Mageddon as well. They are both extremely huge, much bigger then Earth, they look to be about the same size. Mageddon destroyed Wonderworld with little or no effort, and they were called by Metron the "greatest super-champions of our universe, most powerful, most wonderous of their kind". Save for only the Glimmer, last survivor of Wonderworld, he helped make everyone on Earth a superhuman. His vast ability to control minds and powered by an anti-sun, and can will GL rings not to work, makes him very powerful.

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
This doesn't make a lot of sense, tbh. Huh? Makes perfect sense to me. Said tech was literally drilled into Ged's brain while he was still entrapped on the wall, where it bonded with his entire nervous system. Essentially, the tech became Ged's mind/functions from the inside out. I would call that internal mind control--that is to say: said control was activated by a source that was held within Ged. However, all of the above was negated by Orion's use of the ALE, which obviously came from an external source--ie. Orion's voice.

Hopefully that makes sense...

Originally posted by kevdude
I would vote Mageddon as well. They are both extremely huge, much bigger then Earth, they look to be about the same size. Mageddon destroyed Wonderworld with little or no effort, and they were called by Metron the "greatest super-champions of our universe, most powerful, most wonderous of their kind". Save for only the Glimmer, last survivor of Wonderworld, he helped make everyone on Earth a superhuman. His vast ability to control minds and powered by an anti-sun, and can will GL rings not to work, makes him very powerful. Just to throw this out there, Metron stated that Promethean Giants possess "incalculable" power, far beyond "any" New Gods comprehension. /shrug

Additionally, Mageddon didn't make the GL ring itself not work per se, he made Kyle doubt his own abilities to such an extent that his mind could no longer activate the ring's abilities--this was a 'breakthrough' Metron also revealed.

Cogito
Huh? Makes perfect sense to me. Said tech was literally drilled into Ged's brain while he was still entrapped on the wall, where it bonded with his entire nervous system. Essentially, the tech became Ged's mind/functions from the inside out. I would call that internal mind control--that is to say: said control was activated by a source that was held within Ged. However, all of the above was negated by Orion's use of the ALE, which obviously came from an external source--ie. Orion's voice.

Hopefully that makes sense...

Well, I guess I have a high opinion of Old God's weaponry /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.