Loki vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
No bfring. Fight take place in New York. This is adult Loki.

JakeTheBank
Non-kid Loki wins decisively.

Digi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Non-kid Loki wins decisively.

quanchi112
Loki wins.

Nietzschean
adult Loki wins. erm

ozz81
loki

PillarofOsiris
Loki

Zack Fair
Ikol

Digi
Hulk vs. Superman

GO!

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Digi
Hulk vs. Superman

GO!

Hulk...No, Superman....aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Zack Fair
Hulk vs. Superman

GO!

Thanos biscuits

TheLordofMurder
Bad, bad, matchup for Magneto...

Loki 10/10...

quanchi112
Hulk vs. Superman

GO! Hulk, 10/10.

bluewaterrider
Movie Hulk beats Movie Loki.

Decisively.

Darth Jello
I'm going to play devil's advocate. If Magneto controls EM, he can convert matter into antimatter. Therefore he's capable of annihilating Loki. Also, for all of his god-hood, Loki was beaten by Apocalypse.

leonidas
nah, he wasn't beaten by apoc at all. he didn't outright beat apoc either. it was sort of a draw. loki would probably win, but i doubt it would be as easy as a lot of people think and i think a case could be made for magneto in this one. it's just easier to make a case for loki. it's funny--i think more people picked mags over thor than mags over loki even though thor has shown time and again to be far more powerful than loki.

CosmicComet
Hulk vs. Superman

GO!

Orion solos?

Darth Jello
Originally posted by leonidas
nah, he wasn't beaten by apoc at all. he didn't outright beat apoc either. it was sort of a draw. loki would probably win, but i doubt it would be as easy as a lot of people think and i think a case could be made for magneto in this one. it's just easier to make a case for loki. it's funny--i think more people picked mags over thor than mags over loki even though thor has shown time and again to be far more powerful than loki.
Bottom line is that a fully powered Magneto should be capable of converting Loki into energy with a thought and a wave of a hand. He'd probably have the courtesy to hurl him several hunderd miles into space first so as to avoid fracturing the continental plate.
Don't forget folks, Max may pull his punches with the tights crowd but back in X-Men Unlimited #2, he fought the East German Army by inducing strokes or just outright blowing them up from the inside a la Dr. Manhattan.

JakeTheBank
It's more likely Loki turns Magneto into snow than Magneto turning Loki into energy....especially when Loki is a shape shifter to begin with and has a high level of control over his own body.

TheGodKiller
Loki stomps .

Digi
I initially read GodKiller's signature as "I commit suicide on a regular basis. And I enjoy doing it." It gave it an entirely new existential angle.

TheGodKiller
I initially read GodKiller's signature as "I commit suicide on a regular basis. And I enjoy doing it." It gave it an entirely new existential angle.

WUT ? jawdrop

TheGodKiller
Digimon suck .

the ninjak
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Digimon suck .

laughing out loud true dat.

And Loki wins.

Bentley
Kang is superior to these suckers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Kang is superior to these suckers. Nah.

Eon Blue
Low-Key

Digi
Digimon suck .

Well, one, false. Two, the signature misread wasn't an insult.

srug

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah.

Ok, I formally challenge you to a Battle Zone Kang vs either Loki or Magneto, your pick. We get to prove who works in a higher scope of power.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's more likely Loki turns Magneto into snow than Magneto turning Loki into energy....especially when Loki is a shape shifter to begin with and has a high level of control over his own body.

thumb up

Loki has far too many ways to deal with mags than mags has to deal with Loki...

Loki is a very high powered illusionist who's illusions have fooled both Odin and Surtur; the creative options available to Loki for dealing with Magneto based on that alone are almost endless...

Sans PIS, Magneto cant win this fight...at all.

quanchi112
Ok, I formally challenge you to a Battle Zone Kang vs either Loki or Magneto, your pick. We get to prove who works in a higher scope of power. Like you'd ever have the stones.

Bentley
Like you'd ever have the stones.

I just happen to be Kang's foremost expert in the forum, I'm quite confident in my chances. Would you like to wage something? Maybe you can change your nickname or get some Kang sig/avatar in case you lose.

TheGodKiller
Well, one, false.

Nah.

Two, the signature misread wasn't an insult.

srug
I know , Digi . I am just messing with you . evil face Happy Dance

quanchi112
I just happen to be Kang's foremost expert in the forum, I'm quite confident in my chances. Would you like to wage something? Maybe you can change your nickname or get some Kang sig/avatar in case you lose. Kang is worthless I see no merit in destroying Doom's inferior. He's a bottom feeder.

jalek moye
Originally posted by leonidas
it's funny--i think more people picked mags over thor than mags over loki even though thor has shown time and again to be far more powerful than loki.

Thor is pretty much anti Loki in abilities/weapon as well as them having wildly different powers So someone can beat one and not necessarily be able to beat the other

Bentley
Kang is worthless I see no merit in destroying Doom's inferior. He's a bottom feeder.

Haters gonna hate 131

Why does everyone has to run under Doom's skirt to discuss Kang though? Doom would chump Loki and Mags too, these two are lame second stringers when it comes to the big scheme of things.

leonidas
Originally posted by jalek moye
Thor is pretty much anti Loki in abilities/weapon as well as them having wildly different powers So someone can beat one and not necessarily be able to beat the other

yeah, i get that, and loki's power set is definitely tougher for mags to deal with. anyone have the scans of mags vs dr strange from avx? i also wonder if loki has iron in his blood stream....

leonidas
Ok, I formally challenge you to a Battle Zone Kang vs either Loki or Magneto, your pick. We get to prove who works in a higher scope of power.

lol

like he'd take you up on that.....

you should bring kang into the bz title hunt. you could have him challenge for any of the herald belts. be cool to see him. if i win we could go head-to-head. box

Bentley
I should take Kang into a tournament one of these days... I will got to scout the BZ forum one of these days.

Darth Jello
Can Loki survive without a physical body? If so, then Loki wins hands down.

quanchi112
Haters gonna hate 131

Why does everyone has to run under Doom's skirt to discuss Kang though? Doom would chump Loki and Mags too, these two are lame second stringers when it comes to the big scheme of things. Doom is a peer to Loki and wouldn't trump Loki like Doom punked Kang.

Bentley
Doom is a peer to Loki and wouldn't trump Loki like Doom punked Kang.

Loki is too busy jobbing to Apocalypse and the like to actually hang with the big boys. He should start by conquering Earth and ruling his own place before being named in the same breath as Doom.

Doom is more of a peer to Thanos than to that poor half-giant.

quanchi112
Loki is too busy jobbing to Apocalypse and the like to actually hang with the big boys. He should start by conquering Earth and ruling his own place before being named in the same breath as Doom.

Doom is more of a peer to Thanos than to that poor half-giant. Loki has conquered asgard and asgard has owned earth before. Loki deals with people a lot more powerful than the ff.

Thanos looks down on all of the characters we've discussed so far.

Bentley
Loki has conquered asgard and asgard has owned earth before. Loki deals with people a lot more powerful than the ff.

Lot more powerful than Reed with prep? The Beyonder? Galactus?

Everyone and their mother can take on Asgard, frankly right now being asgardian is akin to being a refugee on a Russian war zone. Take over Earth where you face actual opposition, get your status quo to be that of a powerful ruler and then maybe, just maybe, Doom will remember your name.

Thanos looks down on all of the characters we've discussed so far.

I'm not going to put this into contention because at least Thanos is an actual player of the big game. He can mess with powerful entities backed with CCUs, such as Magus.

leonidas
Originally posted by Darth Jello

how come?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Darth Jello

He can turn himself into an astral projection.

I mean, really, in a combat setting, Loki has feats akin to a low level reality warper. He can turn any metal into another substance, turn Magneto's skin inside out, transform a tree or something into a dragon, make illusions of virtually anything he wants, fierce mystical energy projection, etc.

Loki's powerset as compared to Magneto's is a bad match up for Magneto.

quanchi112
Lot more powerful than Reed with prep? The Beyonder? Galactus?

Everyone and their mother can take on Asgard, frankly right now being asgardian is akin to being a refugee on a Russian war zone. Take over Earth where you face actual opposition, get your status quo to be that of a powerful ruler and then maybe, just maybe, Doom will remember your name.

I'm not going to put this into contention because at least Thanos is an actual player of the big game. He can mess with powerful entities backed with CCUs, such as Magus. Dealing with Thor and Odin on the regular along with enemies like Surtur and Mangog you can see why Loki is quite great at what he does.

Thanos is what all other manipulators aspire to be like one day. He's the Mount Everest.

Bentley
Dealing with Thor and Odin on the regular along with enemies like Surtur and Mangog you can see why Loki is quite great at what he does.

The problem is that Loki doesn't score victories against these guys as decisively as necessary to be really considered a big guy, he's Thor's main antagonist but he's not nearly the most dangerous of them.

Thanos is what all other manipulators aspire to be like one day. He's the Mount Everest.

There are guys with better manipulation feats than Thanos, but I agree that he's assumed to be among the top of the food chain if not at the top.

quanchi112
The problem is that Loki doesn't score victories against these guys as decisively as necessary to be really considered a big guy, he's Thor's main antagonist but he's not nearly the most dangerous of them.

There are guys with better manipulation feats than Thanos, but I agree that he's assumed to be among the top of the food chain if not at the top. Yes, Loki does. Hell, Doom came to asgard and needed Loki's help and still got his ass beaten. Both of these guys lose and lose regularly. Loki has triumphed just as many villains have.

No, they don't. More doesn't mean better.

Mindset
Doom is better than Thanos in every conceivable way.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom is better than Thanos in every conceivable way. Thanos wipes his ass with Doom's nasty face.

Mindset
Doom uses Thanos as a cum rag.

quanchi112
Doom uses Thanos as a cum rag. Ha, That was a clone!! Score another win for Lord Thanos.

Bentley
Yes, Loki does. Hell, Doom came to asgard and needed Loki's help and still got his ass beaten. Both of these guys lose and lose regularly. Loki has triumphed just as many villains have.

Not really much to add to your comments since they lack of substance, some examples would be better.

The fact remains: Loki is not even the top dog on Thor's rogue gallery.

No, they don't. More doesn't mean better.

Better means better, but let's not discuss about this here, since we are already juggling several topics at once shall we? In all truth you've read more on Thanos than me, so I can give you the benefit of doubt here.

quanchi112
Not really much to add to your comments since they lack of substance, some examples would be better.

The fact remains: Loki is not even the top dog on Thor's rogue gallery.

Better means better, but let's not discuss about this here, since we are already juggling several topics at once shall we? In all truth you've read more on Thanos than me, so I can give you the benefit of doubt here. Loki is the consistent schemer of asgard. Doom isn't the most powerful opponent of the ff either. You are looking at it purely from a powerful point of view.

Since you conceded I will allow you to live.

Digi
So. How's this thread going?

Cum rags. Astral projection. Doom wank. Magneto turning Loki to energy. Thanos comparisons. Yup, seems about right.

Carry on.

facepalm

PillarofOsiris
Magneto might be the most overrated character in the history of comic books. His "coolness factor" has some people convinced he can beat anyone below trans.

carver9
Magneto is a monster.

nwg202
Loki for the majority..magic based characters are very versatile

Bentley
Loki is the consistent schemer of asgard. Doom isn't the most powerful opponent of the ff either. You are looking at it purely from a powerful point of view.

Doom is the most dangerous of their recurring opponents, excepting maybe Annihilus in his highest showings. Galactus is more powerful for example, but not nearly as dangerous.

leonidas
scans of mags vs strange anyone?

quanchi112
Doom is the most dangerous of their recurring opponents, excepting maybe Annihilus in his highest showings. Galactus is more powerful for example, but not nearly as dangerous. Loki is more dangerous as well. Hell, In ragnarok Loki was the one in charge until Thor went all Rune all over him.

Loki is just like Doom only far better with magic and up against far more powerful opponents than the ff.

Bentley
Doom doesn't exclusively fight the FF, who by the way have a good record when it comes to combat cosmic level threats. Doom has faced pretty much every hero in the universe consistently for years now.

Loki does have merits but Doom when it comes to feats and its place inside the Marvel universe I just can't see how it can even hope to compete with Doom.

quanchi112
Doom doesn't exclusively fight the FF, who by the way have a good record when it comes to combat cosmic level threats. Doom has faced pretty much every hero in the universe consistently for years now.

Loki does have merits but Doom when it comes to feats and its place inside the Marvel universe I just can't see how it can even hope to compete with Doom. Loki doesn't just face Thor either. Doom came to Loki for his aid. Loki saved Doom's life. Loki is on Doom's level and I give him the advantage because he's even slyer than Doom.

Mindset

Loki does have merits but Doom when it comes to feats and its place inside the Marvel universe I just can't see how it can even hope to compete with Doom. He's just mad that Doom is better than Thanos.

quanchi112
He's just mad that Doom is better than Thanos. You're just mad Thanos had to save that weak feeb's life from some random Egyptian.

Mindset
Why would I be mad that a Doombot was saved by Thanos?

quanchi112
Why would I be mad that a Doombot was saved by Thanos? So a Doombot actually went after the ultimate power ? The real Doom just doesn't reach for the stars does he ?

Mindset
So a Doombot actually went after the ultimate power ? The real Doom just doesn't reach for the stars does he ? Doom sends his peons to handle the easy stuff.

Like Doombots and Thanos.

quanchi112
Doom sends his peons to handle the easy stuff.

Like Doombots and Thanos. Doom hides behind his bots just like he hides behind his mask. Thanos never shies away from exposing that lovable purple handsome face.

TheLordofMurder
Doom beat Classic Beyonder....

That feat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything Loki has ever done.

As far as the FF as concerned, a prepped Reed has defeated the Living Tribunal; that is the type of opponent Doom faces routinely...

There is absolutely no contest, Doom owns Loki and Mags combined...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Doom beat Classic Beyonder....

That feat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything Loki has ever done.

As far as the FF as concerned, a prepped Reed has defeated the Living Tribunal; that is the type of opponent Doom faces routinely...

There is absolutely no contest, Doom owns Loki and Mags combined... Abc logic. Reed's also went down to WW Hulk. Reed's failed miserably against Galactus,etc. Doom failed against Thor the same guy who routinely opposes Loki. Doom had an amp when he beat the Beyonder in a state of vulnerability. Loki routinely operates on a higher level than Doom.

TheLordofMurder
Abc logic. Reed's also went down to WW Hulk. Reed's failed miserably against Galactus,etc. Doom failed against Thor the same guy who routinely opposes Loki. Doom had an amp when he beat the Beyonder in a state of vulnerability. Loki routinely operates on a higher level than Doom.

Still at the end of the day, Doom has the greater feats than Loki and his arch rival has better feats than Loki's arch rivals...

Doom and Reed typically self check themselves until a time when their great talents are needed; yes, they both have failures...but they also have some of the greatest triumphs known to comicbooks.

TheGodKiller
Doom hides behind his bots just like he hides behind his mask. Thanos never shies away from exposing that lovable purple handsome face.

Only a guy like you(along with Galan perhaps) would find the face of Thanos as "lovable" and "handsome" .

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Still at the end of the day, Doom has the greater feats than Loki and his arch rival has better feats than Loki's arch rivals...

Doom and Reed typically self check themselves until a time when their great talents are needed; yes, they both have failures...but they also have some of the greatest triumphs known to comicbooks. Still at the end of the day Loki is consistently portrayed at higher levels. You want to look at highest feats only that's bias. Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Only a guy like you(along with Galan perhaps) would find the face of Thanos as "lovable" and "handsome" . He's courted an abstract being. The dude has immense game along with swag.

TheGodKiller
He's courted an abstract being. The dude has immense game along with swag.

Again , only a guy like you(apart from Galan) would find Thanos attractive like that .

quanchi112
Again , only a guy like you(apart from Galan) would find Thanos attractive like that . I am Thanos you silly teddy bear.

TheGodKiller
I am in Thanos you silly teddy bear.

OK . You now confirmed my suspicions .

quanchi112
OK . You now confirmed my suspicions . Be careful I have many Thanosi on the board.

TheGodKiller
Be careful I have many Thanosi on the board.

I don't fear your Thanosi . I am the killer of gods , the more the merrier .

quanchi112
I don't fear your Thanosi . I am the killer of gods , the more the merrier . You address omnipotence. Tread carefully.

TheGodKiller
You address omnipotence. Tread carefully.

Don't worry , I have the omnipotence paradox on my side . I am custom made to slay gods , counter their attributes . That's what I do .

quanchi112
Don't worry , I have the omnipotence paradox on my side . I am custom made to slay gods , counter their attributes . That's what I do . Maybe weak gods like Ares from dc not the powerful ones from Marvel.

TheGodKiller
Maybe weak gods like Ares from dc not the powerful ones from Marvel.

All gods . Not just scavengers like Thanos . Read my sig . You'll understand .

Mindset
Doom hides behind his bots just like he hides behind his mask. Thanos never shies away from exposing that lovable purple handsome face. Doom isn't hiding, he just mitigates inconsequential deeds to inferior beings, like Doombots or Thanos.

quanchi112
All gods . Not just scavengers like Thanos . Read my sig . You'll understand . Thanos is above gods.

TheGodKiller
Thanos is above gods.

Still part of my prey base .

quanchi112
Still part of my prey base . You're delusional.

TheGodKiller
You're delusional.

I am a realist .

quanchi112
I am a realist . Nah.

TheGodKiller
Nah.
Yeah .

quanchi112
Yeah . You're wrong.

TheGodKiller
You're wrong.
I am right .

quanchi112
I am right . Let's get back to the topic. Loki wins.

TheGodKiller
Let's get back to the topic. Loki wins.

Already cast my vote . Btw, Magneto is a trout .

quanchi112
Already cast my vote . K.

TheGodKiller
K.

Magneto is a trout .

quanchi112
Magneto is a trout . If you say so.

TheGodKiller
If you say so.

Based on this :
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1177/rogneto.jpg

Bentley
Still at the end of the day Loki is consistently portrayed at higher levels.

Loki has a somewhat higher powerlevel, if that's your only argumentation I feel you are selling Doom too short.

Again, I think we've both have said our pace, and I don't see you accepting Doom as the superior one any time soon. So I'll just be happy you didn't defend Mags.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.