high meta-low herald

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Not really a versus battle but who is the highest meta and lowest herald class

Digi
I'm not sure your question makes sense.

The most powerful versions of Iron Man are generally considered to be the standard for high meta. Low herald is much more amorphous, and they don't really have a poster child like some other tiers.

Bouboumaster
Wolverine. The answer is Wolverine.

pym-ftw
Sorry I meant where do you draw the line

So bleeding edge ironman

So who's the weakest low herald?

Mindset
Iron Man.

He is also the strongest.

carver9
Street...Black Panther or Batman
Low Meta...Spiderman or Wolverine
Mid Meta...Colossus
High Meta...Star Fire or Ms. Martian...I would say Ms. Marvel
Low Herald...Terrax
Mid Herald...Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman or Nova Prime
High Herald...Surfer
Low trans...WWH, or OF Thor
Mid trans... Thanos
High trans KT Thor
Skyfather...Odin or Zeus

Uriel005
Originally posted by carver9
Mid Meta...Colossus
Low Herald...Terrax
High Herald...Surfer
Mid trans... Thanos
High trans KT Thor
Skyfather...Odin or Zeus in terms of personal abilities I'd swap shang chi in at street tier if we're talking about personal capabilities and standard gear. He barely qualifies in my book though barely.

-Pr-
Mid Meta...Colossus

no expression

Mshinu
Mr Sinister I think used to be a decent example of a low herald. Nowdays.. perhaps not.

nwg202
Is Namor a high meta or a low herald character?
I'd put Classic Colossus in the high meta and MM in high herald category
Would Maxima be mid or high herald level?
What level is current Rachel operating at w/o the PF? (heck she did better against Thor w/o it)
Would Mags be a low or mid level herald?

DickBlazer
Current colossus def higher than mid. Phoenix and Juggernaut? Much higher

nwg202
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Current colossus def higher than mid. Phoenix and Juggernaut? Much higher

Do the powers actually stack? If they do Colossus and Magik should be much much higher then Emma, Cyke and Namor.

That's an Avatar of Cyttorak and a hell lord with the PF force. It doesn't seem they do, all of the pf 5 seem to operating on the same power levels. I don't think marvel actually cares enough about their characters to think of details like that...

-Pr-
Even Classic Post Death Colossus is above mid, tbh.

Estacado
What happened to that tier thread we used to have in the comic forum?

PillarofOsiris
IMO the poster boy for low herald should be airwalker

PillarofOsiris
Or maybe a GL like Jade

Digi
Mid Meta...Colossus
Low Herald...Terrax
High Herald...Surfer
Mid trans... Thanos
High trans KT Thor
Skyfather...Odin or Zeus

There isn't even such a thing as low, mid, and high trans. And since it was entirely a KMC construct, with an exact definition, I can say without a doubt that you don't know what you're saying.

A few of those aren't bad as rough gauges for the tiers though. Most could be disputed though.

Originally posted by Estacado
What happened to that tier thread we used to have in the comic forum?

It was closed. And for good reason, I might add.

Digi
The truth to this question is that there aren't exact lines between the tiers, with the exceptions of HH/Trans/Skyafther, which we defined quite specifically (HH ended at Surfer, Skyfather began with Odin and his peers, Trans was everything in between). Everything else was up to a lot of interpretation and opinion.

Dream Stuff
I feel like Terrax or CableGod would be a fine example of a low-herald.

Harbinger
I'd throw Jesus Cable higher than low herald given his showing against Surfer. Terrax sounds about right, though.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Digi
The truth to this question is that there aren't exact lines between the tiers, with the exceptions of HH/Trans/Skyafther, which we defined quite specifically (HH ended at Surfer, Skyfather began with Odin and his peers, Trans was everything in between). Everything else was up to a lot of interpretation and opinion. But Odin was the top Skyfather, which saved room for anyone under. shifty

Colossus-Big C
thats why the use low skyfather
which probably would be transtier

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thats why the use low skyfather
which probably would be transtier Except there's still a fine line between HH and Low Skyfather.
The KMC tiers didn't want to delve that far into it.

Also. You.

Speaks for itself.

Colossus-Big C
Trans tier is good enough.

Also. You.

Speaks for itself

Sr J-Bieb
Trans tier is good enough.

Also. You.

Speaks for itself That doesn't have the same effect when used against me...

It's like Corky using it against Hawking.

Reacting2
Originally posted by Harbinger
I'd throw Jesus Cable higher than low herald given his showing against Surfer. Terrax sounds about right, though. no holding back Jesus cable is High Herald

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Reacting2
no holding back Jesus cable is High Herald

Um, he made a good showing against surfer for him. But at the end of the day, Surfer (basically the archetype and namesake for "high herald"wink still owned him pretty easily and completely.

Maybe low-herald was unfair, but definitely not on surfer's tier.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
That doesn't have the same effect when used against me...

It's like Corky using it against Hawking.

thumb up

Reacting2
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Um, he made a good showing against surfer for him. But at the end of the day, Surfer (basically the archetype and namesake for "high herald"wink still owned him pretty easily and completely.

Maybe low-herald was unfair, but definitely not on surfer's tier. he was holding back, Shaman X men is Also High Herald

carver9
Originally posted by Dream Stuff

Maybe low-herald was unfair, but definitely not on surfer's tier.

I don't think everyone knows this but he was holding back against Surfer.

Digi
Now you guys are beginning to see why the tiers thread was closed.

Or if you aren't, well, there's no helping you.

It helped create a shared vocabulary on the forums, which is nice. But expecting exactitude of any kind is stupid.

carver9
Now you guys are beginning to see why the tiers thread was closed.

Or if you aren't, well, there's no helping you.

It helped create a shared vocabulary on the forums, which is nice. But expecting exactitude of any kind is stupid.

I agree.

Digi
I agree.

Everyone with their opinion destroys trying to create a "general" list for beginners, because the flaws become magnified to an absurd extent. One of the more unfortunate experiments on the forums, because I loved the idea in concept. I was dealing with it every day as a mod until I closed it.

Reacting2
I agree. I dont agree with him

Reacting2
I was dealing with it every day as a mod until I closed it. wait what? you close it? you son of *****

Dream Stuff
I don't think everyone knows this but he was holding back against Surfer.

Really? If I missed that, then I accept my mistake.

carver9
Everyone with their opinion destroys trying to create a "general" list for beginners, because the flaws become magnified to an absurd extent. One of the more unfortunate experiments on the forums, because I loved the idea in concept. I was dealing with it every day as a mod until I closed it.

I honestly believe two respectable forum members should get together and create a tier thread and update it when necessary. Someone like Galan and Onedumb (two respectable people of my choice if I had to vote for the two)...two voted members (non biased). Its needed imo because it would help new members and it could be a guidance and assistance for preventing unnecessary threads.

Digi
I honestly believe two respectable forum members should get together and create a tier thread and update it when necessary. Someone like Galan and Onedumb (two respectable people of my choice if I had to vote for the two)...two voted members (non biased). Its needed imo because it would help new members and it could be a guidance and assistance for preventing unnecessary threads.

Well, again, good in theory. But there was more than one problem. For example, new members wouldn't look at it and would make threads anyway. Then someone trying to be helpful would start posting it in threads, which would take over the thread as people started to talk about everything that they thought was wrong with it. Anyone who didn't know better would think I made the list since I mod the place. So the result was that, almost daily, I was dealing with either insults and fighting over the list, PMs telling me what was wrong with the list or asking me to justify certain characters, and derailed threads that were usually lopsided to begin with. There was even a hate thread about it over on a rival comics board, that I had to create an account for just to calm things down to decrease the number of cross-forum rivalry warnings and bans I was issuing.

And that was when the tiers thread was read-only. When it was open for comments and suggestions, even when we tried to create rules for voting on characters, all hell broke loose. After a while, I was like, "Who is this helping?!" And the answer was, basically no one.

So when it comes up and people suggest bringing it back, I just laugh, because I'm in the unique position to see just how much it poisoned things.

carver9
Well, again, good in theory. But there was more than one problem. For example, new members wouldn't look at it and would make threads anyway. Then someone trying to be helpful would start posting it in threads, which would take over the thread as people started to talk about everything that they thought was wrong with it. Anyone who didn't know better would think I made the list since I mod the place. So the result was that, almost daily, I was dealing with either insults and fighting over the list, PMs telling me what was wrong with the list or asking me to justify certain characters, and derailed threads that were usually lopsided to begin with. There was even a hate thread about it over on a rival comics board, that I had to create an account for just to calm things down to decrease the number of cross-forum rivalry warnings and bans I was issuing.

And that was when the tiers thread was read-only. When it was open for comments and suggestions, even when we tried to create rules for voting on characters, all hell broke loose. After a while, I was like, "Who is this helping?!" And the answer was, basically no one.

So when it comes up and people suggest bringing it back, I just laugh, because I'm in the unique position to see just how much it poisoned things.

Ok, I didn't know people took that so serious...insane. If it cause all of that kind of drama, then yeah, I wouldn't allow it either. Didn't know people took these character so serious...to the heart.

JakeTheBank
High Meta/Low Herald?

Iron Man.

Originally posted by Mindset
Iron Man.

He is also the strongest.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
I may be opening a can of worms here...

But where would someone like Doom come in?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I may be opening a can of worms here...

Abstract Level .

Mshinu
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Certainly above Hulkie Boy who is low herald.

Colossus-Big C
Doom is low herald

Digi
At the time, he was LH. In the time since, he may have done enough to justify MH.

leonidas
yeah, doom's at least low herald but mid wouldn't be out of the question. the best IM is still likely the highest high meta. for me, nova (frankie) was always the bottom of the low herald tier. it becomes tough to say the lowest though, because there are some one-dimensional bricks who could be viewed as low herald who she could probably beat. the tier thread was always meant only as a general gauge. people started to use it as gospel though and bias inevitably took a toll on it and on the ability to keep it open and reasonably accurate.

i'd be for reopening it though, but i think a small commitee should be formed to run and update it. it would take a variety of non-biased people to do it though, and at least one or 2 people with strong knowledge of both marvel and dc as well as someone who knows independents. be a fun little revamping project if we could get some knowledgeable people willing to do some discussion. always allowing for the fact that no matter WHO does it it will not be perfect. i think it's served its purpose quite well though, despite some controversy, and the number of times it is referenced attests to the fact that there is still a place for something like it in the kmc.

what do you think digi?

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, doom's at least low herald but mid wouldn't be out of the question. the best IM is still likely the highest high meta. for me, nova (frankie) was always the bottom of the low herald tier. it becomes tough to say the lowest though, because there are some one-dimensional bricks who could be viewed as low herald who she could probably beat. the tier thread was always meant only as a general gauge. people started to use it as gospel though and bias inevitably took a toll on it and on the ability to keep it open and reasonably accurate.

i'd be for reopening it though, but i think a small commitee should be formed to run and update it. it would take a variety of non-biased people to do it though, and at least one or 2 people with strong knowledge of both marvel and dc as well as someone who knows independents. be a fun little revamping project if we could get some knowledgeable people willing to do some discussion. always allowing for the fact that no matter WHO does it it will not be perfect. i think it's served its purpose quite well though, despite some controversy, and the number of times it is referenced attests to the fact that there is still a place for something like it in the kmc.

what do you think digi?

Ha. Probably not. But I'll think on it.

Is your match over?

leonidas
Is your match over?

no expression

Glorificus
Mr. Sinister and Gorilla Grodd are probably the highest High Metas approaching Low Herald range.

IMO, in order for telepaths get into Low Herald tier, one needs to demonstrate enough power to accomplish something on the planetary scale. But for telepaths with a bunch of other powers, including durability and TK, it lessens their reliance on TP solely, and thus they can be approaching the Herald tier without actually having planetary-scale TP.

Sin I AM
Magneto

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
no expression

I'll take that as a yes. I told Don C. to PM me. I don't check **** most times.

Colossus-Big C
Namor is high meta or low herald?

Mindset
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Abstract Level . thumb upOriginally posted by Colossus-Big C
Doom is low herald thumb down

Reported for trolling.

Digi
Namor is high meta or low herald?

Neither, technically. The list doesn't exist anymore.

DrDeadpool
So Iron man is the strongest Meta??

Tony Stark
Both Iron Man and Doom are Mid Herald IMO

Digi
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
So Iron man is the strongest Meta??

Yes. Even though he's not in the meta tier anymore in the list that is pinned at the top of this forum.

Enzeru
Ares for High Meta ... Terrax for Low Herald.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.