Odin runs the Trans Tier/Low Skyfather gauntlet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Odin takes on the following Trans/Low Skyfathers in rapid succession with no break or recovery time inbetween fights...

Odin fights at the power level he demostrated against Thanos; in order words he will not amp up off of the land of Asgard, the Asgardian Race, assume Giant Size, or call on the Destroyer...nor will he use galaxy busters or any of his high-end-to-the-point-of-PIS attacks (like when he and Seth rocked the multiverse). Odin will call Gungnir if needed however...

All fights are to the Death or KO with no BFR...how far does the All-Father get?

1) Amazo...
2) The Runner (no Space Gem)...
3) High Evolutionary...
4) Darkseid...
5) Hunter Prey Doomsday...
6) Peak Power Proteus...
7) Peak Power Onslaught...
8) Uatu...
9) King Thor...

carver9
Your list is jacked but using that Odin, he stops at 1.

Harbinger
Amazo is the wrong matchup for Odin, given that he isn't going to one shot him and thus prevent Amazo from copying his powers.

Stops at 1.

TheLordofMurder
Just because Amazo copies someones powers doesnt mean that Amazo automatically wins or stalemates that fight...

Hasnt Amazo copied powers before and lost anyway?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
Your list is jacked but using that Odin, he stops at 1.

List isnt intended to be in order by the way...

My thinking with Amazo being 1st is that (since Amazo will copy his powers) Odin will be (at the very least) weakened after defeating him which will give some of the lesser characters a chance of victory...

Especially since Odin will be facing them all one after another with no break or recovery time inbetween fights...

Makes sense now?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Harbinger
Amazo is the wrong matchup for Odin, given that he isn't going to one shot him and thus prevent Amazo from copying his powers.

Stops at 1.

Btw, Odin should have a very significant advantage over Amazo based on experience alone weilding the Odinforce...

Cogito
Odin stops at 1.

Amazo copies his powers and doesn't hold back using them, which Odin is forced to do per your scenario.

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
List isnt intended to be in order by the way...

My thinking with Amazo being 1st is that (since Amazo will copy his powers) Odin will be (at the very least) weakened after defeating him which will give some of the lesser characters a chance of victory...

Especially since Odin will be facing them all one after another with no break or recovery time inbetween fights...

Makes sense now?

Imagine Odin using the Odin Force at the speeds of Flash. Those two powers alone makes this a stomp, not including the rest of Amazo powers. He will have Flash powers coped with Odin powers. He will be using Odin powers at insane levels of speed. What can Odin do against that? Hell, Amazo has hit Flash a 1000 Times with all of the powers of the JLA before FLASH even had the time to react. Amazo wins 10/10.

Sin I AM
It will be hard and bloody but IMO he stops at Uatu

zopzop
Swap numbers 1 and 9 and Odin makes it to 9 but stops HARD there.

Sr J-Bieb
Well, taking into account the extreme hate towards Thanos here...
That Odin one shotted Drax and Surfer casually, and beat Thanos worse than a very amped Thor, and most characters have for that matter. Odin wasn't written down, lol.

Amazo makes this difficult though. Amazo stuck in "lol JLA only" loses badly. Amazo copying his powers win easily.

And Uatu is whatever. I don't think he can beat Odin, but others do.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
That Odin one shotted Drax and Surfer casually, and beat Thanos worse than a very amped Thor, and most characters have for that matter. Odin wasn't written down, lol.

Amazo makes this difficult though. Amazo stuck in "lol JLA only" loses badly. Amazo copying his powers win easily.

Normally yes he could but under these conditions no

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

I dont think Odin was written down at all when he fought Thanos, I just know that Odin didnt bring as much firepower into the fight as he is capable of...ie, he didnt come anywhere close to going all out against Thanos.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I understand the arguments made here for Amazo, but if I remember correctly (and this is a big if as its been a long time since I've read it), he lost to Black Adam after copying his powers...

In addition, I cant believe that he'll automatically know all the ins-and-outs of the Odinforce right off the bat; sans PIS, theres got to be an adjustment period of time with which to become familiar with powers he'll copy from Odin...IMHO, this adjustment time is all Odin will need to secure a win against Amazo.

Of course I dont share the same opinion of Amazo that some of you do it seems...

As pertains Uatu, I feel that one on one, with Odin being fresh, Odin wins decisively, but here in this gauntlet after having faced the others before him one after another, I think Odins ability to beat Uatu will be diminshed very significantly...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Cogito
Odin stops at 1.

Amazo copies his powers and doesn't hold back using them, which Odin is forced to do per your scenario.

I honestly dont think Amazo would automatically know that he could use the Odinforce to amp up off of Asgard, the Asgardian Race, call his Sceptre of Power, call the Destroyer, ect, ect...

Alot of PIS would have to be involved for Amazo to just know he could do all of that right off the bat...

Furthermore, I consider Odins extreme high end feats like Galaxy busting and multiverse rocking to be PIS; as pertains this thread Amazo cant utilize that level of power...

Silent Master
Thread is hard to judge, as Odin was massively holding back against Thanos.

TheGodKiller
I honestly dont think Amazo would automatically know that he could use the Odinforce to amp up off of Asgard, the Asgardian Race, call his Sceptre of Power, call the Destroyer, ect, ect...

Alot of PIS would have to be involved for Amazo to just know he could do all of that right off the bat...

Furthermore, I consider Odins extreme high end feats like Galaxy busting and multiverse rocking to be PIS; as pertains this thread Amazo cant utilize that level of power...

I don't think that Galaxy-busting should be considered PIS , though multiverse-rocking should be .

JakeTheBank
Galaxy busting isn't PIS for Odin.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Galaxy busting isn't PIS for Odin.

Well why not?

How often does he bust Galaxies? Is busting Galaxies the norm for him?

Besides there are several levels of power above Odin (or rather Skyfather); Elder God, Cube Being, Abstracts, and God Tier...

If a mere Skyfather can Galaxy Bust, what does that mean for Elder Gods and Cube Beings?

What can Arishem do if Odin can bust a Galaxy? Bust multiple universes?

IMHO, everything as pertains high end characters breaks down completely if we assume that a Skyfather...even a high Skyfather like Odin...can bust Galaxies and it not be considered PIS.

JakeTheBank
Superman, Thor, and Hulk and others in their tier can bust planets with various degrees of ease, but a lot of the time in their fights, collateral damage doesn't go beyond an entire city. Doesn't mean they can't bust planets or the times they have or have come close to it should be PIS.

Odin just has extremely high end feats; he's likely the epitome of the Skyfather tier.

TheGodKiller
Well why not?

How often does he bust Galaxies? Is busting Galaxies the norm for him?

Besides there are several levels of power above Odin; Elder God, Cube Being, Abstracts, and God Tier...

If a mere Skyfather can Galaxy Bust, what does that mean for Elder Gods and Cube Beings?

What can Arishem do if Odin can bust a Galaxy? Bust multiple universes?

IMHO, everything as pertains high end characters breaks down completely if we assume that a Skyfather...even a high Skyfather like Odin...can bust Galaxies and it not be considered PIS.

IIRC , the exact size and the number of galaxies that Odin has busted have never been specified . Galaxies can range from dwarfs(with a few million stars) to giants(with several trillion stars aka as big as a million dwarf galaxies) .

And there are currently (CONSERVATIVELY) estimated to be around 170 BILLION galaxies in the observable universe , so Odin busting a couple shouldn't really be considered PIS , because a universal scale of power will still remain orders of magnitude above his own .

TheGodKiller
Superman, Thor, and Hulk and others in their tier can bust planets with various degrees of ease, but a lot of the time in their fights, collateral damage doesn't go beyond an entire city. Doesn't mean they can't bust planets or the times they have or have come close to it should be PIS.

Odin just has extremely high end feats; he's likely the epitome of the Skyfather tier.

IF Marvel has been trying to push the idea that their gods are powered by human faith(they did that in response to enraged fans after Thor 300 came out) , then that doesn't even make sense because the Hindu pantheon is the only surviving pagan religion with nearly 1/6th of the population as worshipers while guys like Odin and Zeus have.......none .

NemeBro
Odin busting a thousand galaxies with a wave of his hand wouldn't be a hundredth as impressive as wiping out a tenth of the universe.

Cube beings happen to have universal+ feats.

Where is the inconsistency?

Frankly, Murder, the only problem is your inability to appreciate the scale being discussed.

TheLordofMurder

I think its PIS if its way beyond the norm for a given character; 99% of the time no High Herald is a planet buster...not even close to being one.

Even though he is seemingly the highest of the high when it comes to Skyfathers, Odin is no different; a very large amount of the time, Odin is no where near a Galaxy Buster...

NemeBro
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
IF Marvel has been trying to push the idea that their gods are powered by human faith(they did that in response to enraged fans after Thor 300 came out) , then that doesn't even make sense because the Hindu pantheon is the only surviving pagan religion with nearly 1/6th of the population as worshipers while guys like Odin and Zeus have.......none . There are actually still people alive who worship the Norse gods. Not sure about Greek.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by NemeBro
There are actually still people alive who worship the Norse gods. Not sure about Greek.

How many are there compared to 999 million Hindus ?
Not to mention that South Asian and Middle Eastern people are generally much more deeply religious than their western counterparts . The vast legions of religious fanatics and fundamentalist terrorists that these regions produce on a daily basis is proof of that .

JakeTheBank
I think its PIS if its way beyond the norm for a given character; 99% of the time no High Herald is a planet buster...not even close to being one.

Even though he is seemingly the highest of the high when it comes to Skyfathers, Odin is no different; a very large amount of the time, Odin is no where near a Galaxy Buster...

High end feats =/= the norm. That's why they're high end feats. Doesn't make them PIS.

JakeTheBank
Faith doesn't have that much of a significant factor on the gods in Marvel. If anything, it just effects how much influence they can have on the populace of the planet and direct involvement in "mortal affairs" , but most of it seems self imposed. Odin and the Asgardians withdrew from Midgardian affairs after mortals perverted their names in the form of violent viking attacks and the spreading of Christianity and other faiths.

Most of Odin's best feats, chronologically speaking, take place well after the Norse gods are mostly considered to be myths.

TheLordofMurder
Odin busting a thousand galaxies with a wave of his hand wouldn't be a hundredth as impressive as wiping out a tenth of the universe.

Cube beings happen to have universal+ feats.

Where is the inconsistency?

Frankly, Murder, the only problem is your inability to appreciate the scale being discussed.

I appreciate the scale of things very well and thats exactly why I cant accept Odin being a Galaxy Buster...

Celestials are alledgedly "several oders of magnitude" beyond Cube Beings (I think Kubiks feat is PIS as well btw) and since a Cube Being can reality warp on a universal scale I guess a lone Celestial could effortlessly reality warp no less than 100 resisting universes...

Sounds very PIS'y...doesnt it? Why? Because it is...

Cube Beings arent that strong and Celestials definitely arent that strong...

Before you accept a high end feat as not being saturated with PIS, think hard about what it means for the Tiers of Power beyond a given character before reaching your decision...

TheGodKiller
I appreciate the scale of things very well and thats exactly why I cant accept Odin being a Galaxy Buster...

Celestials are alledgedly "several oders of magnitude" beyond Cube Beings (I think Kubiks feat is PIS as well btw) and since a Cube Being can reality warp on a universal scale I guess a lone Celestial could effortlessly reality warp no less than 100 resisting universes...

Before you accept a high end feat as not being saturated with PIS, think hard about what it means for the Tiers of Power beyond a given character before reaching your decision...

IIRC , then in F4#582 , Franklin Richards managed to briefly hold the collapse of all realities into a single time-stream , and he's been described as being the equal of a 616-Celestial .

TheLordofMurder
High end feats =/= the norm. That's why they're high end feats. Doesn't make them PIS.

The high end feat in question (Galaxy Busting) is so ridiculously far beyond the norm that I think it definitely makes it PIS...

You dont think Odin busting 1 trillion+ planets, 1 billion+ stars, and god knows how many black holes, comets, and other various objects is not PIS?

On average he is nowhere near this strong; he certainly didnt demostrate 1/10000000000000000 of the power needed to do that when he fought Thanos or Surtur...

TheGodKiller
The high end feat in question (Galaxy Busting) is so ridiculously far beyond the norm that I think it definitely makes it PIS...

You dont think Odin busting 1 trillion+ planets, 1 billion+ stars, and god knows how many black holes, comets, and other various objects is not PIS?

On average he is nowhere near this strong; he certainly didnt demostrate 1/10000000000000000 of the power needed to do when he fought Thanos or Surtur...

Surtur himself has been portrayed as a galaxy buster , so that point is moot .

TheLordofMurder
IIRC , then in F4#582 , Franklin Richards managed to briefly hold the collapse of all realities into a single time-stream , and he's been described as being the equal of a 616-Celestial .

That doesnt scream PIS to you? A lone Celestial level being shoring up the omniverse?

TheLordofMurder
Surtur himself has been portrayed as a galaxy buster , so that point is moot .

On one single occasion did Surtur do this...

And that lone feat is far, far, far, beyond his norm...

zopzop

+1000000000^100

You know I agree with you on this 100% LoM, but we just have to accept things the way they are at Marvel. The idiot moron that thought a Skyfather (one of MANY) is a galaxy busting level character, should be dragged into the street and beaten until he repented.

zopzop
That doesnt scream PIS to you? A lone Celestial level being shoring up the omniverse?
LOL exactly!

And where does that place beings supposedly above Celestials like Eternity, Infinity, the Infinites, the Living Tribunal, etc...? Trans Omniversal?

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Wow.

TheGodKiller

Mad Jim Jaspers being explicitly described as being an omniversal level power should also be PIS then .

And I think it was only the multiverse , not the omniverse .

Edit : you should know it by now that Marvel has developed a penchant for being grossly inconsistent with character feats and portrayal. Just look at what Fraction did to Thor's characterization . He butchered it . Sometimes I can't help but think that Marvel does what it does just to spite their fans . And Brevoort's proud proclamation that the AVX event was gonna piss off many(which is exactly what it did) is proof of that .

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
+1000000000^100

You know I agree with you on this 100% LoM, but we just have to accept things the way they are at Marvel. The idiot moron that thought a Skyfather (one of MANY) is a galaxy busting level character, should be dragged into the street and beaten until he repented.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
LOL exactly!

And where does that place beings supposedly above Celestials like Eternity, Infinity, the Infinites, the Living Tribunal, etc...? Trans Omniversal?

I whole heartedly agree...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Mad Jim Jaspers being explicitly described as being an omniversal level power should also be PIS then .

Edit : you should know it by now that Marvel has developed a penchant for being grossly inconsistent with character feats and portrayal. Just look at what Fraction did to Thor's characterization . He butchered it . Sometimes I can't help but think that Marvel does what it does just to spite their fans . And Brevoort's proud proclamation that the AVX event was gonna piss off many(which is exactly what it did) is proof of that .

Even if it was the multiverse, that is too extreme for a mere Celestial level character...

But yeah, I agree with you about the inconsistancies; it almost seems as consistency and logic have no place in a Marvel Comic...

TheGodKiller
Even if it was the multiverse, that is too extreme for a mere Celestial level character...

But yeah, I agree with you about the inconsistancies; it almost seems as consistency and logic have no place in a Marvel Comic...

Yeah I agree that it is too extreme , just as a trans-multiversal feat is WAY TOO extreme for Cube Beings like Beyonder and MM , while mutiverse shaking should be EXTREMELY impossible for skyfathers like Odin and Seth , but as zop said , we have to accept things as they are at Marvel .

NemeBro

Before you accept a high end feat as not being saturated with PIS, think hard about what it means for the Tiers of Power beyond a given character before reaching your decision... There are multiple universe+ showings of Cube level beings. Kubik, Beyonder, Molecule Man, etc.

Also, your attempt at powerscaling is laughable. One needn't need to be capable of effortlessly warping a hundred universes to be a few tiers above someone who can warp one with effort.

TheLordofMurder
There are multiple universe+ showings of Cube level beings. Kubik, Beyonder, Molecule Man, etc.

Also, your attempt at powerscaling is laughable. One needn't need to be capable of effortlessly warping a hundred universes to be a few tiers above someone who can warp one with effort.

Yeah and either those universe+ showings of Cube Beings are extreme PIS or a lone Celestial being several orders of magnitude (you do know what this means dont you!?) more powerful than Cube Beings is extreme PIS...so which is it?

As for my "attempt" at power scaling, several here agree with me and see the logic in what I say...too bad you arent capable of seeing it for yourself.

TheGodKiller

I just re-read my issue of F4#582 , and it definitely was the multiverse .

Doon

Agreed. Simonson brought Thor to a level of unparalleled greatness; and DeFalco did a nice job of following up on that. When TD left, though, things seriously went out of control. And Fraction somehow managed to make things worse!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.