Erza Scarlet vs Mirajane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Fairy Tail's strongest babes fight it out for the #1 spot

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/18405/514731-determined_erza.png

VS

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/122/3/e/mira_fight_by_majin_mirajane-d4y9nxf.jpg

CIS OFF for both. Bloodlust on. They fight in the S rank test island.

Samurai100
Right now, we can't really compare the two, Mira is supposed to be on the same level as Erza, but has bugger all feats to back it up

Q99
Originally posted by Samurai100
Right now, we can't really compare the two, Mira is supposed to be on the same level as Erza, but has bugger all feats to back it up

Well, she did overwhelm Freed, who is no joke.

Still, she spent some time unable to use her combat magic.

I think while they're both very powerful S-classes, Erza's ability to specialize, rotate undamaged armor in place of damage armor, and perhaps most majorly, put all her magic power into one sword like she did against Asuma and Pandamonium, tips it.

Also, Erza got her magic boosted by Ultear. Mirajane didn't.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Q99
Well, she did overwhelm Freed, who is no joke.

Still, she spent some time unable to use her combat magic.

I think while they're both very powerful S-classes, Erza's ability to specialize, rotate undamaged armor in place of damage armor, and perhaps most majorly, put all her magic power into one sword like she did against Asuma and Pandamonium, tips it.

Also, Erza got her magic boosted by Ultear. Mirajane didn't.

mmm

Did the Ultear amp happen in the manga? Finished the anime island arc(damn fillers) so I have to get into the manga. Why didn't Mira get amped? Did she choose not to or was she just not available?

Samurai100
Twas only the "Main Team" that got amped, and yes, it did happen in the manga.

@Q99, while I do admit that its impressive, it doesn't show us how powerful she is, So far, all of her fights have either been her stomping someone (Fried, the Blue Pegasus Chick) Or a fight where she's nowhere near fighting Strength (Azuma) We have yet to see her actually fighting against an opponent we an measure her strength against

Q99
Freed did put up a fight in his demon mode. And that's the point- she overwhelmed someone as strong as Freed when he's able to do his best moves, and he's been in some pretty impressive fights against non-joke foes. He beat Elfman and Cana without prep runes or demon mode (Elfman was already somewhat beat up, but Cana was totally fresh), and did well against Grimoire Heart.

Also in the S-class tournament, Evergreen and Elfman combined needed to cheat against Mirajane ^^

Originally posted by Zack Fair
mmm

Did the Ultear amp happen in the manga? Finished the anime island arc(damn fillers) so I have to get into the manga. Why didn't Mira get amped? Did she choose not to or was she just not available?

Yea, manga in a part the anime hasn't *quite* gotten to yet (but it's like right around the corner). She wasn't with the group that got the option. Everyone who was there, did.

Though she did do some training instead.

wakkawakkawakka
As much as I want to vote for Mirajane, Erza's has more fights and by extention more feats. However they do appear to be about the same and Mirajane can school people pretty efficiently w/o having prolonged fights.

But then there's also Erza's Pandemonium feat that makes me a tad biased. So I'm undecided right now. no expression

Samurai100
Originally posted by Q99
Freed did put up a fight in his demon mode. And that's the point- she overwhelmed someone as strong as Freed when he's able to do his best moves, and he's been in some pretty impressive fights against non-joke foes. He beat Elfman and Cana without prep runes or demon mode (Elfman was already somewhat beat up, but Cana was totally fresh), and did well against Grimoire Heart.

Also in the S-class tournament, Evergreen and Elfman combined needed to cheat against Mirajane ^^

Agreed on those points, problem is, Erza wouldn't have a problem with those opponents either, thing is, Fried barely got any hits in, when he did, they did nothing.

Basically it was a Stomp which solidy places her in the S-Class, but she hasn't really had any showings against opponents at the Level of Erza, the only one being Azuma, which was a pretty unfair fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.