Captain Marvel vs Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Caps Marvel from DC!Both at best and peak who takes this how and why?

Odekahn
Hal Jordan.

One of his toughest fights ever, but his willpower at his peak (I'm assuming both are post crisis, otherwise Hal stomps) is enough to overcome almost anyone imo.

cdtm
Cap.

Because of the reason given in Red Son. Yes, Hal has auto shields, but imo Cap can break those defenses and take out Hal before he gets a chance to will amp.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Odekahn
Hal Jordan.

One of his toughest fights ever, but his willpower at his peak (I'm assuming both are post crisis, otherwise Hal stomps) is enough to overcome almost anyone imo.

Odekahn
Originally posted by cdtm
Cap.

Because of the reason given in Red Son. Yes, Hal has auto shields, but imo Cap can break those defenses and take out Hal before he gets a chance to will amp.

Red Son is a non canon Superman centered story. Just as Hal describes how he could beat the entire Justice League, when a story is centered around a chacter their power level tends to increase. This is Hal at his peak. He's not getting speed blitzed into oblivion.

cdtm
He's not getting speed blitzed into oblivion.

Yes, he is.

Red Son being non canon is irrelevant to my point. Cap operates on a vastly different speed level. Hal's weakness, is that he still thinks at the speed of a human, while Cap operates on the level of a high end speedster.

Odekahn
Yes, he is.

Red Son being non canon is irrelevant to my point. Cap operates on a vastly different speed level. Hal's weakness, is that he still thinks at the speed of a human, while Cap operates on the level of a high end speedster.

Again, this is both characters at their peak.

The ring can protect Hal.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/81893/1521007-1f32a478_super.jpg

cdtm
That's from The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan. And also not Hal Jordan fighting them.

Peak capacity applies to Cap too. In which case, he'll be using super speed.

Odekahn
That's from The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan. And also not Hal Jordan fighting them.

Peak capacity applies to Cap too. In which case, he'll be using super speed.

The point was the capabilities of the Ring. You can't really use Hal's mortality against him when he's got a power ring on his finger. And Hal has fought super speedsters before.

cdtm
The point was the capabilities of the Ring. You can't really use Hal's mortality against him when he's got a power ring on his finger. And Hal has fought super speedsters before.

The rings powerful. But Hal still isn't a speedster.

He can certainly make constructs or use attacks that can keep up with a speedster. And he could probably use his ring to amp his stats, the same way Guy used his to amp his physical stats.

But at base levels, he still has a humans reflexes. Sorry, but under forum rules, and without any PIS, speed kills...

abhilegend
Hal

JakeTheBank
Hal's got ranged capabilities, incredible defensive maneuvers, and a wealth of versatility to call upon here and the will power to back it all up.

Billy beats him up 10/10.

Mindset
Again, this is both characters at their peak.

The ring can protect Hal.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/81893/1521007-1f32a478_super.jpg I guess being delusional helps with willpower.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hal's got ranged capabilities, incredible defensive maneuvers, and a wealth of versatility to call upon here and the will power to back it all up.

Billy beats him up 10/10. I see what you did there

thumb up

PillarofOsiris

He can certainly make constructs or use attacks that can keep up with a speedster. And he could probably use his ring to amp his stats, the same way Guy used his to amp his physical stats.

But at base levels, he still has a humans reflexes. Sorry, but under forum rules, and without any PIS, speed kills...

I'll go with this.

Nietzschean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.