Sherlock Holmes vs Jason Bourne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJVegeta
Sherlock Holmes, from the Guy Ritchie films

VS

Jason Bourne, from the Bourne films

They are fighting in a small street in 1950s Paris, on which there is a butchers, a bakers, a post office and several other shops, which they can use the contents of, obviously. There are no guns anywhere near them. They start ten feet from each other in the middle of the street, unarmed. To win, one must kill or incapacitate the other. Neither knows anything about the other prior to the fight. They must try not to harm civilians or cause collateral damage.

Ascendancy
Bourne wins easily. I understand that Holmes had decent hand-to-hand combat ability, but it's in no way comparable to Bourne's. Holmes is dead before he knows what happened.

Utrigita
I actually think Holmes got this.

the ninjak
Tough fight. Holmes usually had a general idea of his opponent before going through his "Scenario Superpowers" and then defeating them.

In this case it's a straight up fight 10 ft apart. Which makes no sense at all!

Why are they fighting? Bourne tends to want to keep a low profile and Holmes is good law abiding citizen.
This fight and OP makes no sense whatsoever. And because of that deeply affects how I can gauge a winner.

But in the case of lets say.......A police officer yells stop him he's a wanted man and they look at each other and attack I give this to Bourne. Holmes has no info on Bourne and no time to use his planning power.

Bourne 6/10.

Ascendancy
We're talking about one man who dabbles in martial training amongst other things versus a man who was trained to kill anyone, anywhere, anytime. He was pushed to the point that it caused him mental distress. I think Bourne takes this one pretty handily.

If you read the books even when he's slightly older he manages to defeat a twenty-something who is the Chinese national martial arts champion.

If we're just talking movies his hand to hand speaks for itself in each film, plus the improv weapons he uses.

This is a debate though so I'm all ears to other opinions.

Darth Martin
I think dude above just covered it. This is Bourne's forte.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ascendancy
We're talking about one man who dabbles in martial training amongst other things versus a man who was trained to kill anyone, anywhere, anytime. He was pushed to the point that it caused him mental distress. I think Bourne takes this one pretty handily.

If you read the books even when he's slightly older he manages to defeat a twenty-something who is the Chinese national martial arts champion.

If we're just talking movies his hand to hand speaks for itself in each film, plus the improv weapons he uses.

This is a debate though so I'm all ears to other opinions.

thumb up

Pwned
I agree with the assessment. However, I will say the obvious before a nerd rager does so: Books=No go.

Also, Bourne won't take this easily, as Holmes typically strikes the first blow in his scenarios, then goes from their likely reaction.

Impediment
I would say that "Holmes-vision" trumps, but Bourne has modern tactical fight skills.

I'm torn, actually.

Mindset
Originally posted by Pwned
I agree with the assessment. However, I will say the obvious before a nerd rager does so: Books=No go.

Also, Bourne won't take this easily, as Holmes typically strikes the first blow in his scenarios, then goes from their likely reaction. Bourne's reaction will be to knock him the phuck out.

whatdoucare
Bourne wins but not too easily

Mr. Tibbs
Bourne.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Mindset
Bourne's reaction will be to knock him the phuck out.
That... was funny.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm torn, actually.

The topic of this thread isn't your anus.

Mindset
laughing out loud

InMyOpinion
Holmes is smart enough to know when he's outmatched. That being said, I'm sure Holmes would be able to talk himself out of the situation. Let's be realistic, (hey that officer wasn't talking to me).

Dolos
Originally posted by Utrigita
I actually think Holmes got this.

Holmes' intelligence gave him an advantage to most ordinary people, including mobsters, bare-knuckle boxers, and even a stealthy assassin...but when he doesn't have time to plan out his attack his intellectual superiority is meaningless.

Jason Bourne doesn't show such difficulty because he doesn't need nearly as much time to concentrate on winning the fight before it begins. Bourne isn't capable of that kind of advanced perception, but he is immensely superior to Holmes in both physicality and skill without it.

Give Holmes knowledge of Bourne's techniques and then give him 10 seconds to plan out an attack and you might be right.

A better adversary for Bourne would be Spock from JJ Abram's new Star Trek film.

KingD19
He had time to plan an entire fight out with Moriarty, while both were guessing the others move. In the span of a few seconds.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
He had time to plan an entire fight out with Moriarty, while both were guessing the others move. In the span of a few seconds. And he would have lost.

Like he does here.

omgchos
And he would have lost.

Like he does here.

That's because he had recently had a hook through his shoulder.

Dolos
And he would have lost.

Like he does here.

Both Moriarty and Holmes are smart enough to figure out how to beat Bourne given the necessary knowledge of how he fights and what he can do. Bourne is only human, and geniuses like Holmes and Moriarty are one in a billion.

Mindset
Originally posted by Dolos
Both Moriarty and Holmes are smart enough to figure out how to beat Bourne given the necessary knowledge of how he fights and what he can do. Bourne is only human, and geniuses like Holmes and Moriarty are one in a billion. When it comes to fighting, Bourne is a one in a sextillion genius.

Originally posted by omgchos
That's because he had recently had a hook through his shoulder. And he will be receiving a fist through his face in this fight.

thumb up

omgchos
When it comes to fighting, Bourne is a one in a sextillion genius.

And he will be receiving a fist through his face in this fight.

thumb up
Irrelevant to my point.

Dolos
When it comes to fighting, Bourne is a one in a sextillion genius.

And he will be receiving a fist through his face in this fight.

thumb up

Let me explain, give Holmes knowledge of Bourne and a few seconds to meditate on his plan of attack - and he'll take Bourne out with the skill and precision of a superhuman.

I have stated already Bourne doesn't have the kind of hyper-awareness needed for "Holmes-Vision". Moriarty does. He took out a gang more cleanly and precisely than Bourne did in Ultimatum, the difference was Bourne caught those security guards by surprise, Holmes' opponents were ready for him to attack.

However, if Holmes has zero experience with Bourne, he doesn't survive long enough to get a chance to meditate out a plan of attack.

whatdoucare
Bourne takes this

Mindset
Originally posted by omgchos
Irrelevant to my point. Relevant to mine. thumb up

Originally posted by Dolos
Let me explain, give Holmes knowledge of Bourne and a few seconds to meditate on his plan of attack - and he'll take Bourne out with the skill and precision of a superhuman.

I have stated already Bourne doesn't have the kind of hyper-awareness needed for "Holmes-Vision". Moriarty does. He took out a gang more cleanly and precisely than Bourne did in Ultimatum, the difference was Bourne caught those security guards by surprise, Holmes' opponents were ready for him to attack.

However, if Holmes has zero experience with Bourne, he doesn't survive long enough to get a chance to meditate out a plan of attack. You don't need to explain, I know how Holmes fights. It doesn't matter, Jason breaks his neck. Holmes couldn't beat the huge guy on his own even with his vision, he had a hard time taking out the one assassin. The people Bourne fought and beat >>>>>>> the ones Holmes did, you really don't want to compare how each did in fights in a side by side comparison. erm

Casper Whitey
Born.

The Silent Hero
Bourne. Holmes's precog vision isn't all-powerful, and Bourne has great reaction times anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.