Doomsday vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
They say DD can evolve and regenerate, and if killed he can get rebourne and cant be killed the way he did before etc.. he has also withstood Darkseids Omega effect..

So in this battle DD at his best and peak vs Thanos at his best with no HOTU and no I.G who takes how and why?

DTM
Ill go with Doomsday to win, though it would be a heck of a battle. HP Doomsday was able to fight Superman, Orion and Martian Manhunter together, and was essentially winning, Im not sure I see normal Thanos being able to do that.

quanchi112
Thanos stomps.

h1a8
DD wins. Either he stomps right away or he evolves to stomp right away.

Bentley
Can DD even hurt Thanos at his best?

Nihilist
Thanos kills DD

KuRuPT Thanosi
DD has never evolved past a physical beating... So Thanos beats his ass to death.. and repeat that same thing over and over...

Black bolt z
If its DD at his best, I'm going to say DD after an incredibly long and hard battle.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Can DD even hurt Thanos at his best? No.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ozz81
They say DD can evolve and regenerate, and if killed he can get rebourne and cant be killed the way he did before etc.. he has also withstood Darkseids Omega effect..

So in this battle DD at his best and peak vs Thanos at his best with no HOTU and no I.G who takes how and why?

I assume this is HP Doomsday so Thanos shields withstand Doomsday's initial assault long enough for the mad titan to BFR Doomsday. I don't think the mad titan would risk or even bother fighting one on one with the mindless beast.

Reacting2
Originally posted by DTM
Doomsday was able to fight Superman, Orion and Martian Manhunter together, and was essentially winning, Im not sure I see normal Thanos being able to do that. Thanos could take DD and that herald level team and Solo them wink

Reacting2
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
DD has never evolved past a physical beating... So Thanos beats his ass to death.. and repeat that same thing over and over... this

quanchi112
Originally posted by Reacting2
this So you also stole Mr. M's sig and avie.

Reacting2
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you also stole Mr. M's sig and avie. No

h1a8
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
DD has never evolved past a physical beating... So Thanos beats his ass to death.. and repeat that same thing over and over...

He could if one doesn't damage him fast enough. Remember he evolves greater resistance on the fly.

Black bolt z
No Yes. You did.

h1a8
Originally posted by Bentley
Can DD even hurt Thanos at his best?
huh?
Thanos isn't more durable than Superman against blunt force or piercing damage. DD sent a claw through Superman's shoulder like it was made of liquid.

Nihilist
Originally posted by h1a8
huh?
Thanos isn't more durable than Superman against blunt force or piercing damage. DD sent a claw through Superman's shoulder like it was made of liquid. And Superman screamed in agony.

Thanos got the cancerverse sword through his chest and was ok after it

h1a8
Originally posted by Nihilist
And Superman screamed in agony.

Thanos got the cancerverse sword through his chest and was ok after it That's because he regenerated. He wasn't resistant to being pierced though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos has WAY better blunt force durability than superman... Flash Fact..

Nihilist
That's because he regenerated. He wasn't resistant to being pierced though. And The cancerverse sword powered by elder gods>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DD claws.

You do know Gamoras Godslayer blade broke on Thanos skin in TI

h1a8
And The cancerverse sword powered by elder gods>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DD claws.

You do know Gamoras Godslayer blade broke on Thanos skin in TI

To show that DD's claws can't penetrate Thanos you must show that Thanos being resisting being pierce by greater things. The sword actually penetrated Thanos so it doesn't prove anything.

HP DD claws >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamora's Godslayer.
Do you think the Godslayer can penetrate Superman like he is made of liquid?

Nihilist
The sword still didnt kill him its laughable that you think DD's claws will actually do harm.

Yeah as it a magical blade, hell a vampire peirced his skin

JakeTheBank
Thanos.

h1a8

The sword still didnt kill him its laughable that you think DD's claws will actually do harm.

Yeah as it a magical blade, hell a vampire peirced his skin

Who cares about dying? Ko is considered a win last I heard.

Well if the blade is magical then yes. But if it wasn't then it's not going to penetrate Superman like liquid.

Nihilist
Who cares about dying? Ko is considered a win last I heard.

Well if the blade is magical then yes. But if it wasn't then it's not going to penetrate Superman like liquid. I didnt even ko him nor did a blast from a cosmic cube.

You have zero proof of Thanos being koed from punches, hell Afro Magus using the soul gem drawing power from 25,000 black knights couldnt ko Thanos with punches and that was before death upgraded him in power.

Diesldude
You guys have got to be kidding me. DD beat up DS in 2 panels, the feats of that DS placed him at sky father level. Thanos bfr him for the win. But if he stays and fights he dies cause he is not going to want to come back and die again.

Diesldude
Edit

Nihilist
Originally posted by Diesldude
You guys have got to be kidding me. DD beat up DS in 2 panels, the feats of that DS placed him at sky father level. Thanos bfr him for the win. But if he stays and fights he dies cause he is not going to want to come back and die again. Are you serious that Thanos would go down to what DS did laughing out loud he got kneed in the face, claws down his back and head smashed into a wall which nearly kiiled him!! there is no way in hell that shit is putting down Thanos when you have all the high showings of durability that he has.

paisapower
I didnt even ko him nor did a blast from a cosmic cube.

You have zero proof of Thanos being koed from punches, hell Afro Magus using the soul gem drawing power from 25,000 black knights couldnt ko Thanos with punches and that was before death upgraded him in power.

Afro Magus was having his way with Thanos though

http://http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4470/ccf0323201100000.th.jpg

Sr J-Bieb
You guys have got to be kidding me. DD beat up DS in 2 panels, the feats of that DS placed him at sky father level. Thanos bfr him for the win. But if he stays and fights he dies cause he is not going to want to come back and die again. Doomsday cheapshotted DS for a win...

Originally posted by paisapower

http://http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4470/ccf0323201100000.th.jpg Beside his point. Thanos still withstood that in an issue where Warlock with the Soul Gem destroyed a timeline. shifty

Brockalizer
You guys have got to be kidding me. DD beat up DS in 2 panels, the feats of that DS placed him at sky father level. Thanos bfr him for the win. But if he stays and fights he dies cause he is not going to want to come back and die again. The version of DS that was later retconned and revealed to be an avatar of DS rather than the actual DS, is that the one you mean?

Brockalizer

http://http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4470/ccf0323201100000.th.jpg So? Knocking someone on their butt is not enough to get a forum victory. Thanos may have been swatted down but he wasn't being seriously damaged by the beating. I didn't see any blood, or bruises, Thanos wasn't dazed or seeing stars, and he never lost consciousness.

Brockalizer
He could if one doesn't damage him fast enough. Remember he evolves greater resistance on the fly. Wrong, but I appreciate the effort and admire your enthusiasm. Every time HP Doomsday is used fan-boys love to cite a few lines of text as absolute proof that Doomsday can't be beaten, despite the evidence to the contrary.
Exhibit 1: DoS Doomsday had encountered Superman heat vision in their first battle, had he truly been able to adapt on the fly HP Doomsday shouldn't have been effected at all.

Exhibit 2: OWAW Doomsday and HP Doomsday are the same, Doomsday didn't evolve a resistance to Imperiex's blast.

Exhibit 3: HP Doomsday was the same Doomsday Brainiac fished out of the time stream in Doomday Wars, I didn't see Doomsday instantly evolve a resistance to Brainiacs mind control, did you?

Exhibit 4: In Doomsday Wars Superman finally won by trapping Doomsday in a teleporter tube, I didn't see Doomsday evolve a resistance to that, did you?

Exhibit 5: When Wonder Woman used her lasso to bind Doomsday, he didn't evolve his way out of it, Brainiac had to use his own intellect to free himself.

JakeTheBank
You guys have got to be kidding me. DD beat up DS in 2 panels, the feats of that DS placed him at sky father level. Thanos bfr him for the win. But if he stays and fights he dies cause he is not going to want to come back and die again.

And Thanos' feats mean nothing?

Galan007
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Yes. You did. No he didn't. Stop trolling the poor fella. ermm

Anyway, Thanos probably wins due to shields, blasts, BFR, physicality, etc. Versatility, I think they call it. I absolutely believe DD would wreck Thanos if he got the chance, though.

h1a8
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Wrong, but I appreciate the effort and admire your enthusiasm. Every time HP Doomsday is used fan-boys love to cite a few lines of text as absolute proof that Doomsday can't be beaten, despite the evidence to the contrary.
Exhibit 1: DoS Doomsday had encountered Superman heat vision in their first battle, had he truly been able to adapt on the fly HP Doomsday shouldn't have been effected at all.

Exhibit 2: OWAW Doomsday and HP Doomsday are the same, Doomsday didn't evolve a resistance to Imperiex's blast.

Exhibit 3: HP Doomsday was the same Doomsday Brainiac fished out of the time stream in Doomday Wars, I didn't see Doomsday instantly evolve a resistance to Brainiacs mind control, did you?

Exhibit 4: In Doomsday Wars Superman finally won by trapping Doomsday in a teleporter tube, I didn't see Doomsday evolve a resistance to that, did you?

Exhibit 5: When Wonder Woman used her lasso to bind Doomsday, he didn't evolve his way out of it, Brainiac had to use his own intellect to free himself.

I didn't say that DD can't be beat. I said if you don't do ENOUGH damage to him then he will have time to heal and evolve greater resistance. That means he can be one shot if you have sufficient power.

1. It is called bad writing. In the beginning when Superman poured on the hv with all his might it didn't even affect DOS DD. Yet near the end of the comic it affected him. Go figure.

2. Again DD can be one shot by sufficient power.

3. Brainaic mind attacks are phenomenal. Weaker versions of DD already displayed resistance to mind attacks. Again HP DD that was created by Jurgens had the intention of being indestructible by any force in the universe. In OWAW by a different writer we have DD being less than indestructible. HP DD only applies to HP comic, nothing after.

4. The teleportor wasn't harming DD in any way. Why evolve?

5. WW failed to bind DD, he was too fast and agile. Now if she succeeded and he got out then you have a point.

quanchi112
No This could get you into trouble. But I take this as a compliment. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Galan007
I absolutely believe DD would wreck Thanos if he got the chance, though. If Stilt Man got the chance he'd wreck Thanos.

Naija boy
Thanos dominates

Nihilist

http://http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4470/ccf0323201100000.th.jpg You still dont understand the point do you, Thanos still withstood it and that was a far weaker Thanos

pym-ftw
Mid herald vs high trans?

Not sure if serious

Bouboumaster
Thanos not only beat the shit out of DD, but he finds a way to permanantly kill him.

Because if a bunch of retarded kryptonians can build him, for sure Thanos is able to destroy him.

john allerdyce
thanos should stomp.

h1a8
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos not only beat the shit out of DD, but he finds a way to permanantly kill him.

Because if a bunch of retarded kryptonians can build him, for sure Thanos is able to destroy him.

That wasn't HP DD.
Thanos has no way of harming DD or at least harming him enough to evolve greater resistance.

Also Superman>Thanos in physical strength so that a bunch of kryptonians>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos

Brockalizer
I didn't say that DD can't be beat. I said if you don't do ENOUGH damage to him then he will have time to heal and evolve greater resistance. That means he can be one shot if you have sufficient power.

1. It is called bad writing. In the beginning when Superman poured on the hv with all his might it didn't even affect DOS DD. Yet near the end of the comic it affected him. Go figure. So anytime a hole is poked in the "adapt to anything theory" it's because sh*tty writing and not because hyperbole is being taken as gospel truth?

3. Brainaic mind attacks are phenomenal. Weaker versions of DD already displayed resistance to mind attacks. Again HP DD that was created by Jurgens had the intention of being indestructible by any force in the universe. In OWAW by a different writer we have DD being less than indestructible. HP DD only applies to HP comic, nothing after. That's like saying every character starts over as a blank slate anytime a new writer takes over. It's called continuity and has been around for decades. HP Doomsday stays HP Doomsday until he is reborn as another incarnation. Superman, Thanos, Hulk and virtually every character have all been written by multiple writers and previous feats written by previous writers are acknowledged all the time. The Doomsday at the begining of OWAW was HP Doomsday until he was killed by Imperiex, but the weaker version that was freed and given to Darkseid at the end would be a different version.

4. The teleportor wasn't harming DD in any way. Why evolve?

5. WW failed to bind DD, he was too fast and agile. Now if she succeeded and he got out then you have a point. He evolved his way out of previous traps that weren't technically harming him, not being able to evolve out of the teleporter beam shows that even he can't evolve above anything. Brainiacs mind control wasn't harming him but he still evolved past that. The Green Lanterns weren't technically harming him when they trapped him in a containment field.

-Pr-
Thanos, though not nearly as easily as some might think.

SquallX
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Don't care much for the outcome of the fight, but to call the Kryptonians retards proves you know nothing about them.

Nietzschean
To show that DD's claws can't penetrate Thanos you must show that Thanos being resisting being pierce by greater things. The sword actually penetrated Thanos so it doesn't prove anything.

HP DD claws >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamora's Godslayer.
Do you think the Godslayer can penetrate Superman like he is made of liquid? Superman gets pierced by a glowing rock and alien craft metal debris. erm

Thanos >Superman

SquallX
Originally posted by Nietzschean
Superman gets pierced by a glowing rock and alien craft metal debris. erm

Thanos >Superman

You sir are facepalm worthy.

h1a8
Originally posted by Brockalizer
So anytime a hole is poked in the "adapt to anything theory" it's because sh*tty writing and not because hyperbole is being taken as gospel truth? So bad writing doesn't exist is what you are saying?

I disagree. HP DD was written with the intention of not being able to die period except by the end of time. Imperiex had the power of entropy if you read carefully. So it makes since that he was able to destroy DD. With that said, I agreed already that DD can be beat through a one shot. So why waste time and argue irrelevant stuff to that notion? The key is: Can Thanos one shot him? The answer is no. IMO, Thanos can't even harm DD sufficiently enough to even matter. Any slight harm Thanos will do will be met with greater resistance.

No physical being in comics is resistant to teleportation. To use the fact that he didn't evolve past not being teleported as to show that he won't evolve greater resistance against damage is asinine. It's a faulty connection.

I disagree. Affecting someone's mind IS harming them. But again that is not HP DD since he was tampered with and 100% not the same. Also when the OP suggests HP DD in a thread they are only referring to the one in the HP DD comics.

With that said, Thanos doesn't have greater power output than DS's OB nor is he stronger than Superman. So again, Thanos has no reasonable way to harm DD sufficiently.

the Darkone
Thanos!!

h1a8
For those who say Thanos what feats of power output through energy blasts does he have that compares to Darkseid's OE feat against the missiles?

What strength feats does he have that places him above Superman (especially with a mother box)?

My argument is sound. Going by comics, Thanos can't reliably damage HP DD sufficiently enough. DD would only evolve a higher resistance and thus decreasing Thanos chances as the fight goes on.

Also there is no question of whether DD can damage Thanos. That would be an understatement, especially consider the feat where he penetrated Superman's shoulder like it was made of liquid.

Nihilist
For those who say Thanos what feats of power output through energy blasts does he have that compares to Darkseid's OE feat against the missiles?

What strength feats does he have that places him above Superman (especially with a mother box)?

My argument is sound. Going by comics, Thanos can't reliably damage HP DD sufficiently enough. DD would only evolve a higher resistance and thus decreasing Thanos chances as the fight goes on.

Also there is no question of whether DD can damage Thanos. That would be an understatement, especially consider the feat where he penetrated Superman's shoulder like it was made of liquid. Stop talking utter crap.

The blast Thanos hit Galactus or Omega would harm DD and the punches that killed Surfer or the time he amped himself to punch a hole through a more powerful dopplegangers chest are just the start of attacks that would harm DD

h1a8
Stop talking utter crap.

The blast Thanos hit Galactus or Omega would harm DD and the punches that killed Surfer or the time he amped himself to punch a hole through a more powerful dopplegangers chest are just the start of attacks that would harm DD

So the blast Thanos hit G or Omega with is greater than Darkseid's OE blast?
Where's the proof? Galactus has variable showings of being damaged by high herald level force multiple times.

Almost killing Surfer with 7 punches doesn't prove that Thanos can hurt DD sufficiently with his punches. DD is way more durable than Surfer is against punches and hammer strikes. A non holding back Thor could do what Thanos did.

How did Thanos amp? Also show the scan of him punching a hole in the doppleganger. And show feats of it's blunt durability or at least reason the level of it's blunt force durability.

I need to see clear evidence of Thanos punching power in order for me to give him the nod over Superman with a mother box. Because that Superman was getting owned like no other.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Nietzschean
Superman gets pierced by a glowing rock and alien craft metal debris. erm

Thanos >Superman

And Thanos can't be pierced at all, right? If you want to go by who's survived worse attacks, Superman all day long. That said, I do agree that Thanos is more powerful than Superman, but your reasoning sucks.

Nihilist
So the blast Thanos hit G or Omega with is greater than Darkseid's OE blast?Yeah seeing as DS didnt do any damage to DD
[Wheres yours? We have showing of DS OE not doing shit to Galactus Give any instnance of Galactus been hurt whilst full fed like he was when Thanos blasted him

He did kill him you fool, thats why he took him to deaths realm as a gift to death Thanos even gave Surfer a small flicker of his life force back so he could see what was happening Nonsense, a non holding back bloodlusted Thor couldnt do what Thanos did.

With energy What for so you can just ignore and lowball it OF what the doppleganger laughing out loud it was a exact copy of Thanos it was made clear through out the whole story. The Doppleganger took over 10 energy amped punches and energy blast and didnt go down.

The motherbox did nothing to amp his punching power,fact.

Nihilist
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
And Thanos can't be pierced at all, right? If you want to go by who's survived worse attacks, Superman all day long. That said, I do agree that Thanos is more powerful than Superman, but your reasoning sucks. Do you wanna bet on that

h1a8
Yeah seeing as DS didnt do any damage to DD But it vaporized those missiles effectively proving how durable DD is.
What are you talking about? DS never fought Galactus. Different companies remember. Thanos blasted Galactus with a cheapshot.
He was close to death. He had a sliver of life left. Doesn't matter since a non holding back Thor can do the same.
I need scans or issue numbers for context (people always quote out of context). Thanos piercing durability isn't that great either.
True probably but it did heal him and provide him with weapons. I think it was known to amp strength in the past though.

Again Galactus has been harmed multiple times by herald level force. Him being blasted backwards non suspecting is hardly a feat superior to the OE. Can Thanos vaporize adamantium, or secondary adamantium with his blasts from miles away?

Badabing
Originally posted by ozz81

So in this battle DD at his best and peak vs Thanos at his best with no HOTU and no I.G who takes how and why? They also say even a child can use the search function or look in the thread directory instead of making duplicate threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.