who lasts longest against prime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Rank these guys for how long they last one on one against An enraged non-holding back SBP. No bfr

Thor
Current Hulk
Magnet
Sodam Yat ion
Superman
Hal Jordan
Maxima
Wonder woman

juggerman
Superman

Slaanesh
Yat

Zack Fair
Yat. Then Superman. Then the rest. I think Prime at full power could oneshot Kal-El with his heat vision though.

juggerman
actually i change my answer to Wonder Woman. all she has to do is distract SBP with a strip tease that lasts longer than it takes him to KO everybody else. hes a teenage male for crying out loud! laughing

Cogito
Logically?

Yat, barring a fight that takes place near lead rods
Superman
Thor
The rest

A real comic?
Superman, by virtue of being Superman. And because he's actually lasted longer against Prime than pretty much anyone else.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Cogito
Logically?

Superman
Thor
The rest

A real comic?
Superman, by virtue of being Superman. And because he's actually lasted longer against Prime than pretty much anyone else.

Didn't Superboy actually last the longest?

Cogito
Originally posted by jalek moye
Didn't Superboy actually last the longest?

Hard to measure time in comics.

Superman's best fight against Prime was actually a shared feat with Kal-L...

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

Cogito
Hulk finds himself floating aimlessly through space in the first second of the match

quanchi112
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Rank these guys for how long they last one on one against An enraged non-holding back SBP. No bfr

Thor
Current Hulk
Magnet
Sodam Yat ion
Superman
Hal Jordan
Maxima
Wonder woman Originally posted by Cogito
Hulk finds himself floating aimlessly through space in the first second of the match No bfr.

Cogito
eh, still gets his shit pushed in.

Too slow, can't fly, not strong enough, not versatile enough.

quanchi112
eh, still gets his shit pushed in.

Too slow, can't fly, not strong enough, not versatile enough. Prime doesn't use his speed in an offensive manner. You aren't on cbr. Who has Prime beaten around Hulk's level in moments ?

iceman24567
Yat or Superman

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
Prime doesn't use his speed in an offensive manner.

You obviously don't read Prime. He uses speed routinely.

quanchi112
You obviously don't read Prime. He uses speed routinely. In defense or to try to escape. Name me one Hulk like opponent he destroyed in moments. You really avoid simple questions.

Cogito
In defense or to try to escape. Name me one Hulk like opponent he destroyed in moments. You really avoid simple questions.

Prime doesn't face opponents as weak as the Hulk.

But if I had to choose, I'd say a legion of Green Lanterns. Or a Legion of Super Heroes.

Harbinger
Clark.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by keiththegreat

I'm assuming where you wrote "Magnet" that you meant Magneto, the X-Men villain? If so, I would rank your people as follows:

Magneto
Sodam Yat ion
Current Hulk
Superman
Thor
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan
Maxima

Maxima would be the first to go. Prime is Doomsday level or thereabouts from what I've seen. She could not contend with Doomsday himself; doubtful she would have much chance against a "Doomsday" who can also fly.

Hal Jordan. Better chance than Maxima for his flight ability and experience. However, Prime has a history of taking out Green Lanterns, and shattered a Lantern construct wall Guy Gardner described as 300 miles thick. I don't see Hal able to weather Prime's storm for any great length of time.
Offensively, based on fellow Lantern Kyle Rayner's success against our own Superman in Man of Tomorrow #13, Jordan does have a chance against Prime. Lanterns can simulate green kryptonite for instance. Moreover, if, again, Kyle Rayner is any sort of litmus, Lanterns can create black holes of indeterminate size. One such "cosmic event" almost took out our own Superman and Martian Manhunter in the Green Lantern Circle of Fire trade.

Wonder Woman. She endured a punch from a sun-charged, murderously enraged, non-holding back Superman in Greg Rucka's "Sacrifice" trade that took her all the way from the gravity well of our sun back to Earth. She then rallied, battled that same power-enhanced Superman to a standstill, slashed open his throat, and saved both their lives by killing his controller, Max Lord. And she did all this while holding back herself.
As it has been portrayed to date, however, Diana would need to invoke her rarely-seen near deus ex machina ability to call and receive the Godwave to stand a realistic chance of surviving and beating Prime.

Thor. Skilled with the use of an indestructible hammer that, for the most part, cannot be used against him, can shield or block against virtually any single assault, and can open portals in space; allowing him the ability to teleport his enemy away or, himself retreat.

Superman. Arguably more invulnerable than anyone listed before this, certainly more so than Maxima, Hal, or Diana, Superman also has specific knowledge and experience on his side. Brawling with Prime would get him destroyed; even at fractional power Prime's vision has shown the ability to lance straight through him, but if Superman came with a plan ...?

Current Hulk. Pak has shown Hulk to be a TRUE "world breaker" in recent years. The energy from a mere mid-air collision with his wife in one instance destroyed an entire planet, topping the twice Earth sized asteroid that he broke years ago in Marvel Presents #52. Planet destroying power is now something Hulk needs to hold in check; enemies amped many dozen of times, enemies that used to be legitimate matches for Savage Hulk, now are of little concern. Even Conner Kent Superboy managed to bloody Prime's lips in Infinite Crisis. There isn't any sane reason to think current Hulk can't deliver a knockout punch to the boy wonder here, especially not with one having so direct a style as Prime.
Problem is that Hulk is, for all his strength, NOT yet a flier.
If Prime engages him directly, hand-to-hand, as is his wont, Current Hulk can win. In fact, he probably takes 7/10 in that kind of fight.
Even with a "medium range" tactic-varied fight Hulk probably takes 4/10.
But if Prime treats Hulk not as a direct opponent but targets Earth instead? This is one case where the fight depends on the enemy maintaining MORE intense focus on battling their opponent, and the chance for the good guys DROPS if Prime becomes disinterested in the main fight and becomes fascinated with how much collateral damage he can do to the Marvel Universe.

Sodam Yat Ion. I'm presuming "Ion" ability more or less matches a Green Lantern ring? Yat proved, that, even with lead poisoning to be compensated for, he can go a good distance with Prime.
Unfortunately, there's a LOT of lead to be found on any given world ...

Magneto. I can predict the kind of responses I'll get here, but the question is not "Who stands the best chance of knocking Prime out?", which, in a direct, in your face, "hit me with your best shot" contest is the current Hulk, but "who can LAST the longest"?

And that, unless people can show me where anyone of the flying brick class has ever overcome his shields, is Magneto. I've seen him take blows from Thor and She-Hulk at the same time (X-Men versus Avengers, 1980s or 90s) block explosions, tank the assaults of teams while weakened, etcetera, NEVER have I seen anyone with pure physical force able to knock Magneto out once his shields go up.
If we're just talking about weathering a "super" storm, Magneto is the ultimate holdout.

Sundipped
Good point about Mags shields but Prime has shown he can penetrate layers of lantern shielding.

Its
Yat
Supes
Thor
Hulk
rest

quanchi112
Prime doesn't face opponents as weak as the Hulk.

But if I had to choose, I'd say a legion of Green Lanterns. Or a Legion of Super Heroes. Hulk's stronger than all of these foes but I guess random gl's who went down to pre Dos DD impressed you. LOL. and In the losh he had aid and went down to the teen titans, hard.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sundipped
Good point about Mags shields but Prime has shown he can penetrate layers of lantern shielding.

Its
Yat
Supes
Thor
Hulk
rest

Layers is an understatement. He went through a 300 mile wide wall of pure willpower.

PillarofOsiris
Oh, and lol @ Magneto doing better against Prime than Maxima.

Bentley
The magnet lasts the longest because Prime can't understand why he's battling a frigging magnet.

-Pr-
Prime doesn't use his speed in an offensive manner. You aren't on cbr. Who has Prime beaten around Hulk's level in moments ?

Yes he does.

Stop backseat modding.

Also, no more lowballing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yes he does.

Stop backseat modding.

Also, no more lowballing. Only time he has that I recall is against the Flashes in defense. He fights like a brick.

Estacado
So Prime has 1 low showing through out his whole carrier and everyone is dikriding it.....lame...

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Estacado
So Prime has 1 low showing through out his whole carrier and everyone is dikriding it.....lame... What did you expect from le Quan?

Estacado
Originally posted by Zack Fair
What did you expect from le Quan?
Leaving?313

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Oh, and lol @ Magneto doing better against Prime than Maxima.

Back your laughter up, then, O.

Show me Maxima tanking physical force greater than what Magnus does here so I can laugh with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: X-Men versus Avengers #2, Volume 1
Writer: Roger Stern
Penciller: Marc Silvestri
Date: May 1987
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://marvel.wikia.com/X-Men_vs_Avengers_Vol_1_2

Diesldude
SBP cutting thru superman is shown on panel, however there is no known limit to superman's heat vision. He just doesn't go all out because he doesn't want to kill. SBP doesn't have the problem, I think superman's heat vision is just as great as SBP. But SBP has insane level of durability so I think SBP can hurt superman before he hurts him. But supes still lasts the longest.

Colossus-Big C
why is thor above hulk? thor may be faster but he is still a statue to prime.
durability is all that matters here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
So Prime has 1 low showing through out his whole carrier and everyone is dikriding it.....lame... Just like everyone dickrode him tanking the universal blast even though there's no proof he did. It's the world we leave in. It just simply isn't le fair.

8swords
Logically?

Superman
Thor
The rest

A real comic?

this but kinda have a second thought that thor could last longer than superman

iceman24567
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I'm assuming where you wrote "Magnet" that you meant Magneto, the X-Men villain? If so, I would rank your people as follows:

Magneto
Sodam Yat ion
Current Hulk
Superman
Thor
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan
Maxima

Maxima would be the first to go. Prime is Doomsday level or thereabouts from what I've seen. She could not contend with Doomsday himself; doubtful she would have much chance against a "Doomsday" who can also fly.

Hal Jordan. Better chance than Maxima for his flight ability and experience. However, Prime has a history of taking out Green Lanterns, and shattered a Lantern construct wall Guy Gardner described as 300 miles thick. I don't see Hal able to weather Prime's storm for any great length of time.
Offensively, based on fellow Lantern Kyle Rayner's success against our own Superman in Man of Tomorrow #13, Jordan does have a chance against Prime. Lanterns can simulate green kryptonite for instance. Moreover, if, again, Kyle Rayner is any sort of litmus, Lanterns can create black holes of indeterminate size. One such "cosmic event" almost took out our own Superman and Martian Manhunter in the Green Lantern Circle of Fire trade.

Wonder Woman. She endured a punch from a sun-charged, murderously enraged, non-holding back Superman in Greg Rucka's "Sacrifice" trade that took her all the way from the gravity well of our sun back to Earth. She then rallied, battled that same power-enhanced Superman to a standstill, slashed open his throat, and saved both their lives by killing his controller, Max Lord. And she did all this while holding back herself.
As it has been portrayed to date, however, Diana would need to invoke her rarely-seen near deus ex machina ability to call and receive the Godwave to stand a realistic chance of surviving and beating Prime.

Thor. Skilled with the use of an indestructible hammer that, for the most part, cannot be used against him, can shield or block against virtually any single assault, and can open portals in space; allowing him the ability to teleport his enemy away or, himself retreat.

Superman. Arguably more invulnerable than anyone listed before this, certainly more so than Maxima, Hal, or Diana, Superman also has specific knowledge and experience on his side. Brawling with Prime would get him destroyed; even at fractional power Prime's vision has shown the ability to lance straight through him, but if Superman came with a plan ...?

Current Hulk. Pak has shown Hulk to be a TRUE "world breaker" in recent years. The energy from a mere mid-air collision with his wife in one instance destroyed an entire planet, topping the twice Earth sized asteroid that he broke years ago in Marvel Presents #52. Planet destroying power is now something Hulk needs to hold in check; enemies amped many dozen of times, enemies that used to be legitimate matches for Savage Hulk, now are of little concern. Even Conner Kent Superboy managed to bloody Prime's lips in Infinite Crisis. There isn't any sane reason to think current Hulk can't deliver a knockout punch to the boy wonder here, especially not with one having so direct a style as Prime.
Problem is that Hulk is, for all his strength, NOT yet a flier.
If Prime engages him directly, hand-to-hand, as is his wont, Current Hulk can win. In fact, he probably takes 7/10 in that kind of fight.
Even with a "medium range" tactic-varied fight Hulk probably takes 4/10.
But if Prime treats Hulk not as a direct opponent but targets Earth instead? This is one case where the fight depends on the enemy maintaining MORE intense focus on battling their opponent, and the chance for the good guys DROPS if Prime becomes disinterested in the main fight and becomes fascinated with how much collateral damage he can do to the Marvel Universe.

Sodam Yat Ion. I'm presuming "Ion" ability more or less matches a Green Lantern ring? Yat proved, that, even with lead poisoning to be compensated for, he can go a good distance with Prime.
Unfortunately, there's a LOT of lead to be found on any given world ...

Magneto. I can predict the kind of responses I'll get here, but the question is not "Who stands the best chance of knocking Prime out?", which, in a direct, in your face, "hit me with your best shot" contest is the current Hulk, but "who can LAST the longest"?

And that, unless people can show me where anyone of the flying brick class has ever overcome his shields, is Magneto. I've seen him take blows from Thor and She-Hulk at the same time (X-Men versus Avengers, 1980s or 90s) block explosions, tank the assaults of teams while weakened, etcetera, NEVER have I seen anyone with pure physical force able to knock Magneto out once his shields go up.
If we're just talking about weathering a "super" storm, Magneto is the ultimate holdout.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Shieldsd.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Shieldsgone.jpg

carver9
Current Hulk can beat Prime so he's first.

Then Superman and Thor are runner ups.

Nihilist
Superman

h1a8
Prime doesn't use his speed in an offensive manner. You aren't on cbr. Who has Prime beaten around Hulk's level in moments ?

Yes he does. It is part of his main powerset. Superspeed duh?
Stop using the lame and faulty cbr arguments to try to get a character from using one of their main powers. Use common sense for once or just stop being a con artist.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Yes he does. It is part of his main powerset. Superspeed duh?
Stop using the lame and faulty cbr arguments to try to get a character from using one of their main powers. Use common sense for once or just stop being a con artist. I argue based on fighting in character you argue based off a scan you saw three years ago.

Endless Mike
The magnet lasts the shortest. I mean, it's just a magnet.

stick out tongue

Hyperion Prime
Superman comes out on top for lasting the longest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.