Dr Octopus vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at their best h2h combat only, who takes this how and why ?

Digi
Forum Danny stomps. By most portrayals, Ock. Danny's best feats are somewhat ridiculous for his supposed power level though, making him an odd matchup.

pym-ftw
Id say ock, I view him as stronger but only slightly

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
Forum Danny stomps. By most portrayals, Ock. Danny's best feats are somewhat ridiculous for his supposed power level though, making him an odd matchup. Forum Danny?

You act like we give him some power up.

This guy has spiderman level speed, is one of the best martial artist in the marvel universe, and can hit with class 100 strength.

On top of all that he's got swag for days, bro.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Forum Danny?

You act like we give him some power up.

This guy has spiderman level speed, is one of the best martial artist in the marvel universe, and can hit with class 100 strength.

On top of all that he's got swag for days, bro.

Thank god for Mindset.

And what's his "supposed" power level anyways? It's not like Spidey wasn't noticing he was stronger or more durable than normal after trying a headbutt, as opposed to his usual mo of simply forgetting his speed and spidey sense and eating kicks against anyone who knew kung fu..

The only writers who usually write Danny as a street, are the bad writers.

cdtm
So, h2h combat only.....

What does that mean, exactly? o_o

Far as I'm aware, neither tend to use guns or projectile weapons. Orson Randall's the guy with the chi charged projectiles.

And is this adamantium armed oct, or standard?

pym-ftw
^always current unless otherwise stated

cdtm
Is it Adamantium?

Danny might be able to just destroy the arms, if it's not. He's ripped through robots even Luke Cage had trouble damaging..

SamZED
Current Ock is a vegetable. stick out tongue

pym-ftw
Ock has a carbinium armor and tentacles or something like that.

leonidas
danny would have to wreck the battlefield to get in close enough to do anything. i'd take ock.

Mindset
Or he could shoot chi at him.

Or dance around his arms and punch his face off.

Or punch Doc's arms off and beat him to death with him.

leonidas
no shooting, tough guy. punching arms and faces off is not something i considered though. i've changed my mind.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by cdtm
Orson Randall's the guy with the chi charged projectiles

Danny has done it a couple of times, including with just throwing random things. If you consider that every shattered section of Ock-arm could become an arsenal of charged projecticles, the "h2h" only rule becomes potentialy important.

As for the fight, I give Danny 6-7 of 10. It's reasonable to assume that OCk's arms are fast enough to occasionally grab him, in which case they could do a lot of damage very quickly. On the other hand, it's reasonable to believe Danny's fast enough to one-shot the arms as they try more often than not.

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
Thank god for Mindset.

And what's his "supposed" power level anyways? It's not like Spidey wasn't noticing he was stronger or more durable than normal after trying a headbutt, as opposed to his usual mo of simply forgetting his speed and spidey sense and eating kicks against anyone who knew kung fu..

The only writers who usually write Danny as a street, are the bad writers.

I'd contend that writers with crap character portrayals and plots are bad writers. Power levels, by necessity of the medium, are not set in stone.

...anyway, it just seems like any thread with him turns into a dissection of the Helicarrier feat. I get that he's more than street (so is Ock, btw), but such outliers in feats compared to the norm make for awkward vs. battles. If we consider everything, and we do here on KMC, Danny wins. If they met in a comic, I'd put money down on Otto. That's all I meant by the "forum Danny" comment.

leonidas
I'd contend that writers with crap character portrayals and plots are bad writers. Power levels, by necessity of the medium, are not set in stone.

...anyway, it just seems like any thread with him turns into a dissection of the Helicarrier feat. I get that he's more than street (so is Ock, btw), but such outliers in feats compared to the norm make for awkward vs. battles. If we consider everything, and we do here on KMC, Danny wins. If they met in a comic, I'd put money down on Otto. That's all I meant by the "forum Danny" comment.

thumb up

CosmicComet
Wasn't the hellicarrier feat more of a chain reaction type of deal anyway?

Digi
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Wasn't the hellicarrier feat more of a chain reaction type of deal anyway?

...and it begins.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Wasn't the hellicarrier feat more of a chain reaction type of deal anyway? He just punched down and made the thing go down. Norman said it was like a bomb hit it.

He also has the train feat where he crushed a train with explosives that made hiroshima look like a sparkler. Smashed the Wrecking Crew. IIRC broke Hiroim's arm. And was the one who put down the Thor clone. Etc.

It's not a one off feat for him. It's just the easiest feat to name to get an idea of his power.

cdtm

Helicarrier and train feats are his modern high end stuff.

His average from the Power Man and Iron Fist days, is one upping legitimate brick Luke Cage. wink

Personally, I think Danny knocking out a true class 100 is PIS (Though Mindset may disagree. big grin ), but near Spidey speed/agility and Class 50 + stomping power puts him well within mid tier weight class..

BruceSkywalker
Can't Danny charge up both fists and punch his way threw to Ock and then one shot him??

cdtm
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Can't Danny charge up both fists and punch his way threw to Ock and then one shot him??

Oct's arms are made of the same stuff as Omega Red's, right?

So, comparable to secondary adamantium?

h1a8
It can go both ways. If Danny can get through those arms then he wins. If not then Doc wins.

Also I disagree that Danny has Spider-man's speed. He's fast but not Spidey fast.
IMO, Spidey is about 1.5-2 times faster.

cdtm
On this specifically:

True, but I'm not only talking about power levels. Stories like Iron Fist and Wolverine have flat out gotten his power set wrong, portraying him as a one trick pony that's not even a mediocre street leveler without his chi. Only way you'd assume his speed, agility, and combat capability are reliant on channeling his Iron Fist and seriously drops without it to the point Night Thrasher could hold his own, is if you didn't read much Iron Fist or care for the character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.