Dormammu vs. The Stranger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Dampyre
Going with Dormammu but it's close.

JakeTheBank
Dormammu

Mr Marvel
Dormammu

guy222
enigmatic stranger

Horrificus
If the Stranger really is the 4th face of the Living Tribunal and has some more tricks to show us, then he takes it.

If not, Dormy should outgun him.

Sundipped
Surfer has hurt Stranger before. Dormy would hurt him even more.

leonidas
didn't stranger need help taking out pluto....? i'd def take dormmy here.

basilisk
Originally posted by leonidas
didn't stranger need help taking out pluto....? i'd def take dormmy here. But... the fight took place in Pluto's own domain. Also, Pluto's thoughts revealed that he was hard pressed and that several times during the fight he had to draw on the power of his realm to replenish himself, while pointing out that the Stranger was fighting with only his own personal energies to draw on.

On neutral ground this would be a good fight.

leonidas
Originally posted by basilisk
But... the fight took place in Pluto's own domain. Also, Pluto's thoughts revealed that he was hard pressed and that several times during the fight he had to draw on the power of his realm to replenish himself, while pointing out that the Stranger was fighting with only his own personal energies to draw on.

On neutral ground this would be a good fight.

that's true. i just never had the impression that even in the underworld pluto was all that powerful. meh, maybe i'm forgetting a showing. i certainly wouldn't place pluto near to dormmy, no matter where they were though. stranger has some decent showings, but dormmy has some really good (and a couple bad) ones. i don't think there really is 'neutral ground' in these fights. everyone has access to their full power. so that would be like stranger fighting dormmy in the dark dimension. stranger might put up a fight, but i can't see someone with his inconsistent track record lasting too long against dormmy at full strength.

pym-ftw
In a neutral setting stranger should take it

guy222
the stranger knew the outcome of the pluto fight

wasn't in any danger

dmills
Originally posted by guy222
the stranger knew the outcome of the pluto fight

wasn't in any danger

I really wish that they would just get to the point with this guy. Any fight involving him always has to have an asterisk placed next to it because he's always has an ulterior motive behind any given confrontation.

basilisk
that's true. i just never had the impression that even in the underworld pluto was all that powerful. meh, maybe i'm forgetting a showing. i certainly wouldn't place pluto near to dormmy, no matter where they were though. stranger has some decent showings, but dormmy has some really good (and a couple bad) ones. i don't think there really is 'neutral ground' in these fights. everyone has access to their full power. so that would be like stranger fighting dormmy in the dark dimension. stranger might put up a fight, but i can't see someone with his inconsistent track record lasting too long against dormmy at full strength. No, I've never thought of Pluto as Dormammu level either, but it does show that Pluto's home turf gives him added advantage that he wouldn't otherwise have. So I don't know if anyone fighting Dormammu in the Dark Dimension is a neutral fight since he can probably draw on it like Pluto did.

Or maybe if the fight was in Stranger's lab world he would have access to technology that might help, or energy to replenish himself. Galactus can certainly do that if a fight is on his worldship.

leonidas
Originally posted by basilisk
No, I've never thought of Pluto as Dormammu level either, but it does show that Pluto's home turf gives him added advantage that he wouldn't otherwise have. So I don't know if anyone fighting Dormammu in the Dark Dimension is a neutral fight since he can probably draw on it like Pluto did.

Or maybe if the fight was in Stranger's lab world he would have access to technology that might help, or energy to replenish himself. Galactus can certainly do that if a fight is on his worldship.

i'm not saying they'd be IN the dd, just that dormmy would have access to the same amount of power is all. like i said, going by feats, i'll say dormmy takes it comfortably. stranger is just....not a good character, imo.

basilisk
i'm not saying they'd be IN the dd, just that dormmy would have access to the same amount of power is all. like i said, going by feats, i'll say dormmy takes it comfortably. stranger is just....not a good character, imo. Yeah, Stranger has had some good showings but he's inconsistent and has had some pretty low ones. He's hard to gauge in a fight.

Mshinu
I`d put my money on the Stranger.. but I wouldn`t consider it a sure bet either.

guy222
thumb up

quab
Dormammu should be able to take The Stranger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.