Marvel NOW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



-K-M-
Be warned this is what spills out from AvX.




Here is the new face of the Marvel Universe....ta da





http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1341348225.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39525

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/03/marvel-now-jean-grey-exclusive/

Galan007
Um, did I miss something? Is Marvel retooling their company as well?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
Um, did I miss something? Is Marvel retooling their company as well?

Yes and no.

Continuity remains the same, but there will be a massive switch to creative teams. Hickman will go the Avengers...Fraction will go to the Fantastic Four. Bendis will be on the X-Men and bring back Jean Grey - albeit time displaced - and the Uncanny Avengers will basically be a Marvel All-Stars team.

-K-M-
Mods can you make that gigantic pic a thumbnail?

ares834
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hickman will go the Avengers...

Yay!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Fraction will go to the Fantastic Four.

Gross.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by -K-M-
Be warned this is what spills out from AvX.




Here is the new face of the Marvel Universe....ta da





http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1341348225.jpg



Well now I'm good and scared.

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hickman will go the Avengers...Fraction will go to the Fantastic Four. Great news for Avengers. Horrible news for F4... It's only a matter of time until Fraction rapes what has otherwise been an absolutely superb stint on F4 up until now, with his horrendous dialogue and shitty plots.

Too bad. F4 was one of my favorite books in any company. Maybe I'll follow Hickman to Avengers for a bit and see what I think (never been much of an avid Avengers fan in the past, so it'd be pretty new territory for me.)

JakeTheBank
Supposedly, Hickman's Avengers will be more cosmic influenced, have a roster of 18 characters (yikes) and one of the confirmed characters will be Shang-Chi.

Fraction's F4...man, I'm not looking forward to Doom for once.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Supposedly, Hickman's Avengers will be more cosmic influenced, have a roster of 18 characters (yikes) and one of the confirmed characters will be Shang-Chi.

Fraction's F4...man, I'm not looking forward to Doom for once.

Galactus will headbutt everything in sight

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Supposedly, Hickman's Avengers will be more cosmic influenced, have a roster of 18 characters (yikes) and one of the confirmed characters will be Shang-Chi.

Fraction's F4...man, I'm not looking forward to Doom for once. Even though Hickman writes great cosmic stories, 18 characters is still a lot for anyone to effectively manage... So I doubt much overall character/team development will be taking place (there's simply not enough paper, lol.)

Fraction's Doom conversing with the F4: "The brain of Doom contains epic smarts. You bastards all suck!"

Kazenji
And also Fraction is leaving Invincible Iron Man, Kieron Gillen is taking over.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Supposedly, Hickman's Avengers will be more cosmic influenced, have a roster of 18 characters (yikes) and one of the confirmed characters will be Shang-Chi.

Fraction's F4...man, I'm not looking forward to Doom for once. Expect doom to become a cartoony villian like mandarin. I imagine near constant use of speaking in the third person

"Doctor Doom only wants to talk about how great Doctor Doom is because Doctor Doom knows that Doctor Doom is Special..........................................DOCTOR DOOM!"

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
Even though Hickman writes great cosmic stories, 18 characters is still a lot for anyone to effectively manage... So I doubt much overall character/team development will be taking place (there's simply not enough paper, lol.)

Fraction's Doom conversing with the F4: "The brain of Doom contains epic smarts. You bastards all suck!"

The FF has lots of members for your average team.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Supposedly, Hickman's Avengers will be more cosmic influenced, have a roster of 18 characters (yikes) and one of the confirmed characters will be Shang-Chi.

Fraction's F4...man, I'm not looking forward to Doom for once. I think hes dropping the new avengers in with the regular avengers which would explain the inflated roster. Uncanny Avengers is going to replace Secret Avengers.

Darth Vicious
A bit confused as to why black Fury is in the picture. AvX has nothing to do with the Ultimates U. and they said way back the two universes wouldn't meet/clash whatever (yes, Spider-Men changed that a bit). Intrigued about the Jean Grey bit. Then again it also stinks like BND.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
A bit confused as to why black Fury is in the picture. AvX has nothing to do with the Ultimates U. and they said way back the two universes wouldn't meet/clash whatever (yes, Spider-Men changed that a bit). Intrigued about the Jean Grey bit. Then again it also stinks like BND. Its because thats a new character known as "Nick Fury Jr". He was basically created as the son of the Hasselhoff fury in the 616 to capitalize off the avengers movie success.

Deadline
So Ultimate Nick Fury is going to be in 616?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Its because thats a new character known as "Nick Fury Jr". He was basically created as the son of the Hasselhoff fury in the 616 to capitalize off the avengers movie success.
Hoff=Winning!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Deadline
So Ultimate Nick Fury is going to be in 616?

No not at all, He's basically Nick Fury 616's son

it all went down in the Battle Scars story.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Its because thats a new character known as "Nick Fury Jr". He was basically created as the son of the Hasselhoff fury in the 616 to capitalize off the avengers movie success.

Ah, wtf

basilisk
Originally posted by Kazenji
No not at all, He's basically Nick Fury 616's son

it all went down in the Battle Scars story.

I'm hoping he pulls a Thunderbird and gets killed in the first issue. It's what a character like that deserves.

Deadline
Originally posted by Kazenji
No not at all, He's basically Nick Fury 616's son

it all went down in the Battle Scars story.

He married a black woman or he adopted a black kid? I have to say I don't thnk I like this is at all. So suddenly Nick has a black son who happens to have one eye missing as well....is it just me but isn't this mega forced?

Digi
If continuity remains, I'm good. The collective history of these characters, in any company, is a big draw for me.

Originally posted by -K-M-
Mods can you make that gigantic pic a thumbnail?

I'm not sure. But it's onto page 2 by now and it isn't so big that you have to scroll (at most regular resolutions).

So....no.

fdog

the ninjak
A time displaced Jean! eek!

Could this be the return of the greatest love triangle in comics?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Kazenji
No not at all, He's basically Nick Fury 616's son

it all went down in the Battle Scars story.
Who just happens to have an eye patch and be something of a Captain America himself (Nick Fury, Jr. Was born with the infinity formula in his blood, which grants him peak human abilities). confused

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Who just happens to have an eye patch and be something of a Captain America himself (Nick Fury, Jr. Was born with the infinity formula in his blood, which grants him peak human abilities). confused In Battle scars he was captured. At a moment of spite the villian stabbed him in the eye and joked that he made him look more like his father.

roughrider
Originally posted by Deadline
He married a black woman or he adopted a black kid? I have to say I don't thnk I like this is at all. So suddenly Nick has a black son who happens to have one eye missing as well....is it just me but isn't this mega forced?

He wanted Dad's approval so much, he got a matching missing eye socket! stick out tongue

Really; with all the amazing tech out there, I hope it come to light that Fury has secretly had a cybernetic eye recording everything all these decades, behind that patch. Why compromise his sight when it's unnecessary?

And what is Thor doing with two swords behind his back? He's got mjolnir and only one extra hand. And the jacket tied around is waist?...it's SO high school.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

-K-M-
Originally posted by Deadline
He married a black woman or he adopted a black kid? I have to say I don't thnk I like this is at all. So suddenly Nick has a black son who happens to have one eye missing as well....is it just me but isn't this mega forced?

Yeah Nick Fury had a black son, but he originally had both eyes but lost it in Battle Scars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Johnson_(comics)

Originally posted by Digi
I'm not sure. But it's onto page 2 by now and it isn't so big that you have to scroll (at most regular resolutions).

So....no.

fdog

sad

-Pr-
Originally posted by the ninjak
A time displaced Jean! eek!

Could this be the return of the greatest love triangle in comics?

...She'd be 16, dude.

jalek moye
Originally posted by -Pr-
...She'd be 16, dude.

It's Wolverine and post fraction Cyclops

-Pr-
Originally posted by jalek moye
It's Wolverine and post fraction Cyclops

touche.

Now all we need is for Logan to throw Cyclops off of a cliff.

JakeTheBank
Still think that Cyclops design is just about the worse thing ever.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Still think that Cyclops design is just about the worse thing ever.

Just after Hulk.

Why he'd need a chessplate!?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Deadline
He married a black woman or he adopted a black kid? I have to say I don't thnk I like this is at all. So suddenly Nick has a black son who happens to have one eye missing as well....is it just me but isn't this mega forced?

And also Nick Fury is going to be getting older from what i gathered, the villain Orion who showed in the series 'Secret Warriors' extracted all the infinity formula from him.

Kazenji
Cover for Uncanny Avengers #1

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/07/05/Uncanny-Avengers_510.jpg

the ninjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
...She'd be 16, dude.

Didn't stop Logan from shaggin Squirrel Girl!

roughrider
I'm losing track of how many Avengers titles are out there...they've finally outstripped the mutant titles I think! wacko

the ninjak
I heard after this saga a bunch of X-titles are gonna get the axe due to poor sales.

Avengers are running strong though. Never thought I would ever see the day.

I remember when X-titles swamped the Top 100 monthly sales. It's like BizarroWorld.

Scythe
How the f*ck does Cyclops see out of that??

Very carefully?

Colossus-Big C
All the new costumes look awesome . hulks costume looks awful, maybe because of the color, it would look better in black

-V-
I cannot express how much this sucks.

Constant reboots, constant and increasingly less relevant events, a growing over-reliance upon the X/Avenger franchises. Marvel seems to be moving entirely in the wrong direction.

You can only repaint an old car so many times.

Bentley
Originally posted by the ninjak
I heard after this saga a bunch of X-titles are gonna get the axe due to poor sales.

Avengers are running strong though. Never thought I would ever see the day.

I remember when X-titles swamped the Top 100 monthly sales. It's like BizarroWorld.

To be fair the X-men characters lack enough solo books to keep tabs on them. If you are perpetually in team books you're gonna get shafted sooner or later, and the X-men have a horrible continuity, with dudes like Cable being among the less messy of them. And now that even the Avengers get Wolverine I think they are fighting an uphill battle.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by the ninjak
Didn't stop Logan from shaggin Squirrel Girl!

Welcome to Canada, the age of consent is 16. 14 with parental permission. evil face

Kazenji
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
All the new costumes look awesome . hulks costume looks awful, maybe because of the color, it would look better in black

More to the point why does the Hulk need to wear armour?.

vince_slice
Why does Thor need swords? It's kind of redundant when you know he's going to use Mjolnir 95% of the time, and his head-butt for the other 5%.

Sr J-Bieb
They should give Thor three more swords and at least 3 dozen pouches. Oh, and two handguns at his sides.

JakeTheBank
And change his name to Bloodthor.

Or Thorlust.

Or Deaththor.

StiltmanFTW
Cable should have stayed dead, raccoon is almost as lame as armored Hulk and who is that red guy? Dareclops/Cykedevil? Lulz at Parker's googles.

Oh and why Cap looks like his ultimate counterpart...?

jalek moye
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW


Oh and why Cap looks like his ultimate counterpart...?

Because movies!

StiltmanFTW
But his costume was modified in the Avengers movie... not sure why they went back to the "First Avenger" look.

the ninjak
The poster is the epitome of selling out.

I'm old enough to not care anymore. And I'm only reading FF anyways whilst dabbling in the rest but this is why superhero comics should be solely for the kids and the rest of us should venture into more mature material.

The new Ultimate Sptderman cartoon has proven what makes this generation tick.
And it ticks like an undereducated, hyperactive hype machine with ADD and no imagination.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
And change his name to Bloodthor.

Or Thorlust.

Or Deaththor.

http://images.wikia.com/thatguywiththeglasses/images/8/88/90s_kid.jpg

RADICAL!!!!

jalek moye
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
But his costume was modified in the Avengers movie... not sure why they went back to the "First Avenger" look.

Idk maybe it's going back for the new film?

Bentley
Current Marvel is everything PR ever dreamed of:

"Remender said. "Havok's always been the black sheep rock-and-roller of the Summers family. He can't do that anymore. You're going to see Havok become one of the biggest players in the Marvel Universe.""

-V-
Originally posted by Bentley
Current Marvel is everything PR ever dreamed of:

"Remender said. "Havok's always been the black sheep rock-and-roller of the Summers family. He can't do that anymore. You're going to see Havok become one of the biggest players in the Marvel Universe.""

That's actually quite cool.

Can't say I feel the same for the rest of the Uncanny Avengers team; Havok, Thor, Rogue, Wolverine and Captain America. The lack of balance, in terms of both power and personality, on team books can kill a team book.

Kazenji
I'm sure i'll get over the costume changes for Uncanny Avengers, Since Rick is writing it and he's been doing good work with Uncanny X-X-Force and Venom.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak

I'm old enough to not care anymore. And I'm only reading FF anyways whilst dabbling in the rest but this is why superhero comics should be solely for the kids and the rest of us should venture into more mature material.


Well that's why there's all those Marvel Adventure comics and some of comics which aren't rated "Parental Advisory" for the kids.

Bentley
The Marvel Adventures line is leaps beyond the crap Marvel has been putting out lately when it comes to creativity.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
The Marvel Adventures line is leaps beyond the crap Marvel has been putting out lately when it comes to creativity.

There's plenty of creativity with Marvel, Just need to look for the write books and also be interested in them.

nwg202
Originally posted by the ninjak
I heard after this saga a bunch of X-titles are gonna get the axe due to poor sales.

Avengers are running strong though. Never thought I would ever see the day.

I remember when X-titles swamped the Top 100 monthly sales. It's like BizarroWorld.

I think they are canceling Uncanny x-men which happens to be one of the top selling books if not the top selling book out of marvel. I'm sure it's been marvel's no. 1 book a couple of times this year.

I don't understand the logic behind it. Gillen's run was way better then fraction's run. Uncanny was the best it's been in a long long time. The x-books are getting bendis and his avenger's run is underwhelming to say the least. They are also bringing in the o5 team of x-men...that line up is the most cancelled line up in x-men history.

Kazenji
Originally posted by nwg202

I don't understand the logic behind it. Gillen's run was way better then fraction's run.

Not as bad as half the books they cancelled earlier in the year, Alot of those books were good.

Endless Mike
I guess Fraction only has a "fraction" of Gillen's talent!







sorry embarrasment

Scythe
Ah sna-!

abhilegend
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/07/nine-titles-end-in-october-as-marvel-now-begins/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by abhilegend
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/07/nine-titles-end-in-october-as-marvel-now-begins/


so much for this not being a reboot, eh marvel...

Kazenji
I knew Captain America was going to finish up since Ed Brubaker is done with him now, Bullshit with some of the other titles regardless of how well they're going restarting books up again.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-teaser-who-will-shape-the-future-of-marvel-now/144919/

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2456767-marvelnow_pointone_teaser_super.jpeg

Deadline
I'm not feeling it. Anyone else feel the same way?

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Deadline
I'm not feeling it. Anyone else feel the same way? This feels desperate but not unexpected.

jalek moye
I'd rather they flat out bring Ultimate Fury to 616 then this forced, half black son who happened to lose an eye as well and have the same name who we've neevr heard about before.

BruceSkywalker
I believe it is that old adage "monkey see, monkey do"

marvel saw DC has has success so now they want to catch up..

vansonbee
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Just after Hulk.

Why he'd need a chessplate!? Hulk gets cold nipples when Carter isn't around.

Golgo13
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I believe it is that old adage "monkey see, monkey do"

marvel saw DC has has success so now they want to catch up..

Marvel has shed 28% of it's sales in the past 3 years, while DC has increased. It's a desperate move, but necessary.

Citizen V.
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I believe it is that old adage "monkey see, monkey do"

marvel saw DC has has success so now they want to catch up..

I don't buy it.

Of course people will rush to buy things after a reboot, but I expect sales to level out again in a while. Had Marvel held their nerve, they would have been fine.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Golgo13
Marvel has shed 28% of it's sales in the past 3 years, while DC has increased. It's a desperate move, but necessary.

Maybe it's not the titles, the problem. Maybe the problem is that the main books sucked horrifically in the past years.

Seriously, only Wolverine get out almost unscatched:

Spider-Man: OMD-BND-OMIT
Hulk: The beginning of Rulk
Chaos War
Thor: My God, where are we beginning!?
Siege
And some awesome books got cancel.

Basically, they cut the great books, and fed us shit.

How do you cure that?
You give the boot to Bandis and Fraction, and you put great writers like Mark Millar or Hickman on your "flagships" series.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Golgo13
Marvel has shed 28% of it's sales in the past 3 years, while DC has increased. It's a desperate move, but necessary.


i agree, i hope it works

Originally posted by Citizen V.
I don't buy it.

Of course people will rush to buy things after a reboot, but I expect sales to level out again in a while. Had Marvel held their nerve, they would have been fine.


for m e at least it will depend on the titles

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Maybe it's not the titles, the problem. Maybe the problem is that the main books sucked horrifically in the past years.

Spider-Man: OMD-BND-OMIT

That was only when Joe Quesada was writing Spider-Man just for those story arcs, Regardless Dan Slott has been doing great on Spider-Man

doesn't matter with you anyway "they touched continuity" an't touching that with a 10 foot pole now.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
That was only when Joe Quesada was writing Spider-Man just for those story arcs, Regardless Dan Slott has been doing great on Spider-Man

doesn't matter with you anyway "they touched continuity" an't touching that with a 10 foot pole now.

Wasn't JMS heavily involved in those arcs, and even part of the controversey?

Spidey aside, X-Men has been bad for a while now, and Avengers... It's barely passable, especially when you have some pretty shitty events to go with it.

Golgo13
I think part of the problem now is the double shipping. It doesn't work out in the long run and i know many people who have dropped titles because of this. I know if DC did that, i would do the same.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Golgo13
I think part of the problem now is the double shipping. It doesn't work out in the long run and i know many people who have dropped titles because of this. I know if DC did that, i would do the same.

Double shipping?

Kazenji
What i don't like is titles stopping and starting back up again... especially with The Mighty Thor regardlesss of how its been going these days.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Maybe it's not the titles, the problem. Maybe the problem is that the main books sucked horrifically in the past years.

Seriously, only Wolverine get out almost unscatched:

Spider-Man: OMD-BND-OMIT
Hulk: The beginning of Rulk
Chaos War
Thor: My God, where are we beginning!?
Siege
And some awesome books got cancel.

Basically, they cut the great books, and fed us shit.

How do you cure that?
You give the boot to Bandis and Fraction, and you put great writers like Mark Millar or Hickman on your "flagships" series. Gotta agree. They cancelled great books and overexposed the avengers. If Im not mistaken thors sales fell off by like 40 percent once fraction took over. Spidermans funny because the comic is finally coming back since slott took over and the sales show it. I will say that they also have fans working against them as well. The current punisher series has been great but no ones reading it and the thunderbolts had to change their name to Dark Avengers ( a cheap ploy but it worked since the last two issues have shown an increase in sales). The avengers, new avengers, and secret avengers have all been poor. Avengers Academy was decent but its lost a step since its involvement in the current crossover. X-men vs Avengers is another problem. Its too poor a series to be going on this long even if it is biweekly. Marvel has let the crossovers take the steam out of some good series ( captain america, avengers academy, uncanny x-men, new ultimates). DCs been doing well because lets face it, they have Batman, Swamp thing, Animal Man, Action Comics, Justice League Dark, green lantern, the Shade, Aquaman, American Vampire, and wonderwoman. They also have suicide squad, and batman and robin, and demon knights which have not been bad. Marvels getting shit stomped by quality and quantity from dc.

Kazenji
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
The current punisher series has been great but no ones reading it

no expression.....cept for me on this forum


Journey into Mystery seems to be another of those books, Its great but not many people are reading it.

Deadline
How is the current series great?

Kazenji
Shows him to be a badass or did you prefer it when Fraction was writing him?

Deadline
Originally posted by Kazenji
Shows him to be a badass or did you prefer it when Fraction was writing him?

What has Fraction got to do with a series were nothing happens?

JakeTheBank
JiM is more plot based and character driven than Mighty Thor, which is fitting as Thor's book is action packed and Loki's is more subtle. There's no question that Journey into Mystery >>>> Mighty Thor.

Citizen V.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
JiM is more plot based and character driven than Mighty Thor, which is fitting as Thor's book is action packed and Loki's is more subtle. There's no question that Journey into Mystery >>>> Mighty Thor.

Journey Into Mystery is awesome.

Damborgson
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
JiM is more plot based and character driven than Mighty Thor, which is fitting as Thor's book is action packed and Loki's is more subtle. There's no question that Journey into Mystery >>>> Mighty Thor.

I haven't been keeping up with since around the end of Fear Itself. What's going on in it now?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Deadline
What has Fraction got to do with a series were nothing happens?

Don't know which Punisher book you've been reading, The one that i've been reading there is always something happening

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
JiM is more plot based and character driven than Mighty Thor, which is fitting as Thor's book is action packed and Loki's is more subtle. There's no question that Journey into Mystery >>>> Mighty Thor.

Kieron should also do Mighty Thor.

Kazenji
A teaser of Nick Fury jnr throwing some cards with a ? on them

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18863/2471919-_1_super.jpg

Nick Fury snr or Cable??


there's a more newer new one which features Nova.

Deadline
Originally posted by Kazenji
Don't know which Punisher book you've been reading, The one that i've been reading there is always something happening



Like what?

Kazenji
Another teaser featuring Ant-Man on those cards.

Kazenji
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9839/1342816317.jpg

Citizen V.
Originally posted by Kazenji
A teaser of Nick Fury jnr throwing some cards with a ? on them

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18863/2471919-_1_super.jpg

Nick Fury snr or Cable??


there's a more newer new one which features Nova.

Definitely Cable.

Nick Fury Jnr., can't believe they're running with this POS. Whoever decided to shoe-horn this Fury into the comics has absolutely no artistic integrity at all, as far as I'm concerned.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Citizen V.
Definitely Cable.

Nick Fury Jnr., can't believe they're running with this POS. Whoever decided to shoe-horn this Fury into the comics has absolutely no artistic integrity at all, as far as I'm concerned. Well we did get that nice issue of avengers assemble where widow jumps on hawkeye despite the fact that shes currently with bucky so I would say its pretty clear artistic integrity is long gone. I will give Dc credit though. Since the dark knight rises is out they could have went the sellout route and shoehorned bane into a bunch of dc universe stories but so far that doesnt seem to be the case.

Bentley
Its just a cover so people think Widow is with HE and they don't wonder about Bucky stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Bucky and Natasha are a way cooler pairing than Hawkeye and Nastasha. I guess they'll ignore Clint's thing with Jessica, too?

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Bucky and Natasha are a way cooler pairing than Hawkeye and Nastasha. I guess they'll ignore Clint's thing with Jessica, too? That reminds of something I realized not too long ago. Remember that issue of New Avengers where Hawkeye slept with an amnesiac scarlet witch? According to Avengers Childrens Crusade Wanda was infact with Doom at that time and that was a Wanda bot lol. How long before we find out that the widow that kissed clint was in fact a widowbot? lol This also begs the question of why doom has robots with built in vaginas.

JakeTheBank
The better question is who wouldn't? wink

Also, after reading an interview, the concept behind Uncanny Avengers doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully, they keep the roster at six: Cap, Wolverine, Havok, Thor, Rogue, and Scarlet Witch. Really interested in seeing how Thor in particular will interact with the mutants and deal with the mutant issues. Hopefully this will lead to actual good characterization and developments from Thor outside of just cursing and trying to kill shit. *coughFractioncough*

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The better question is who wouldn't? wink

Also, after reading an interview, the concept behind Uncanny Avengers doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully, they keep the roster at six: Cap, Wolverine, Havok, Thor, Rogue, and Scarlet Witch. Really interested in seeing how Thor in particular will interact with the mutants and deal with the mutant issues. Hopefully this will lead to actual good characterization and developments from Thor outside of just cursing and trying to kill shit. *coughFractioncough* I wonder who dies at the end of AvsX. Solicits show its not Stark( which was my number one pick) and I dont think its cyclops. Probably Emma Frost.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I wonder who dies at the end of AvsX. Solicits show its not Stark( which was my number one pick) and I dont think its cyclops. Probably Emma Frost.
I saw in the marvel now promo what appeared to be be cyclops. he had a helmet and a red x on the front. I would assume it's not him.

Kazenji
Jason Aaron & Esad Ribi team up on a Thor title

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=64847

Kazenji
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2079/uwxhij.jpg

peejayd
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I saw in the marvel now promo what appeared to be be cyclops. he had a helmet and a red x on the front. I would assume it's not him.

* if it's not Scott, who would probably fit to take on his mantle? well, just thinking about it, it can be Tony freakin' Stark inventing a gun that shoots red blasts and places it in front of his eyes... that's because i cannot think of anyone close enough to Cyclops' mutant ability... assuming it's not Scott... but i'm still hoping it was him (or i just don't want him to die as a villain, or end his relationship with Emma)... Scott dying as a hero would be fine with me, since he is obviously the most sane out of the Phoenix Five...

the ninjak
If Scott dies I'll be pissed.
I've heard the ending is going to be very controversial though.

peejayd
* then prepare to cross your fingers...

basilisk
Scott dies at the end, sacrificing himself to save the world by absorbing the Phoenix Force into himself and blowing up. Using tech to replicate Scott's powers, Stark takes up the mantle of Cyclops in his honor. Gambit becomes the new Iron Man in his place, and Rogue permanently absorbs Remy's powers to take his place as the new Gambit.

18 months later, Scott comes back somehow.

-K-M-
Watch it by Hawkeye

Damborgson
Originally posted by basilisk
Scott dies at the end, sacrificing himself to save the world by absorbing the Phoenix Force into himself and blowing up. Using tech to replicate Scott's powers, Stark takes up the mantle of Cyclops in his honor. Gambit becomes the new Iron Man in his place, and Rogue permanently absorbs Remy's powers to take his place as the new Gambit.

18 months later, Scott comes back somehow.

Still probably a better ending then what we'll get.

srankmissingnin
I don't think Cyclops will die. With the original X-Men roster coming forward in time, I would think that Bendis would want to juxtapose the teenage Scott with the adult version to hit some interesting story beats.

I was thinking the would kill of Colossus. He was starting to get pretty squirrelly... but then he lost his portion of the Phoenix Force.

Bentley
Originally posted by peejayd
* if it's not Scott, who would probably fit to take on his mantle? well, just thinking about it, it can be Tony freakin' Stark inventing a gun that shoots red blasts and places it in front of his eyes... that's because i cannot think of anyone close enough to Cyclops' mutant ability...

I got one: Hope

peejayd
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't think Cyclops will die. With the original X-Men roster coming forward in time, I would think that Bendis would want to juxtapose the teenage Scott with the adult version to hit some interesting story beats.

* i like it! smile





Originally posted by Bentley
I got one: Hope

* thought about it too, but in the Marvel NOW poster, the person posing as Cyclops is: a male... or i might be wrong... stick out tongue

Branlor Swift
Daredevil became so blind that he can now see and shoot lasers.

Wait, why is Skeets there? Oh I get it, Booster Gold got sold to Marvel and now is the new Cyke.

-K-M-
Looks like Skeet rip-off is connected to Hulk

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1344455584.jpg

HueyFreeman
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/shogunofharlem1/ok.jpg
fractions FF

-K-M-
Wait what? haha

"FF's lineup is certainly the most surprising part of the story. Gone are the Richards kids and their freaky friends. Instead, the Future Foundation team will be lead by Ant-Man, with She-Hulk (Jen type), Medusa the queen of the Inhumans, and Miss Thing, a new human character wearing a Thing suit backing him up".

Do they really think this book will do well? and if it does...well...Ill just shut right up

ares834
facepalm

Why? WHY!?

FF was great now it sounds like absolute shit....

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/shogunofharlem1/ok.jpg
fractions FF


eww horrible

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ares834
facepalm

Why? WHY!?

FF was great now it sounds like absolute shit....

Fraction at his best.

Bentley
Beh, the line up isn't bad, awful Miss Thing aside. They all were Fantastic Four at some point, Jen needs a book desesperately and now Ant-Man can enjoy his resurrected status. My main issue comes with Medusa, who used to be the queen of all the kree just last year and now she'll be battling badies with Miss Thing while her husband hangs with multiple wives.

the ninjak
FF and Fantastic Four were the only comics left I was purchasing.

Guess that all ends soon.

Kazenji
Only ones i'm looking foward to are

Thor, Uncanny Avengers and maybe Iron Man.

Kazenji
Rick Remember is going to be writing Captain America with John Romita Jr.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2725/1344604085.jpg

Lek Kuen
Never been a fan of Romita's art, it's alright at times but I always felt it was in the low tier of decent for most of his work.

-Pr-
Waid on Hulk? Sold.

I do hope Cyclops dies, though.

Kazenji
From what i've read about Captain America it involves ghost robots.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Never been a fan of Romita's art, it's alright at times but I always felt it was in the low tier of decent for most of his work.

Agreed. I've gotten used to his art, so its bearable but not.a fan at all.

Kazenji
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4377/xmenlegacymarvelnow1.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172215-comics-first-look-at-the-all-new-x-men

I think I just died a little inside.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Never been a fan of Romita's art, it's alright at times but I always felt it was in the low tier of decent for most of his work.

He needs to stop using so much half tones to try an accentuate form trying to make his work appear more three dimensional, because his style is very simple and flat. He should embrace that instead of working against it. He should take cues from the interior work of Paolo Rivera, Chris Samnee and Marcos Martin. That colouring change would IMMENSELY improve the aesthetic quality of JRJR's art, if he wasn't so famous an art director would have already told him that.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4377/xmenlegacymarvelnow1.jpg I always hated legion as a character

Kazenji
http://rickremender.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Screen-shot-2012-08-03-at-4.56.15-PM-673x1024.jpeg

And also Rick's got his on site

http://rickremender.com/

the ninjak
What's with these trippy covers? Bold.

srankmissingnin
Arg, rumor is that Daniel Way and Ale Garza might be relaunching X-Force. Daniel Way, one of the worst writers active in the comic industry and a Michael Turner ripoff, replacing Remender and a rotating team of the best artists in the industry? Nice work Marvel. Lets fallow up one of the most critically praised comics in the industry by putting one of the most critically reviled creators on it.

Please let me die of a brain aneurysm in my sleep if that is true.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/20/marvelnow-daniel-way-and-alec-garza-on-x-force/

StiltmanFTW
This is a joke, right? [email protected] Way's photo.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Arg, rumor is that Daniel Way and Ale Garza might be relaunching X-Force. Daniel Way, one of the worst writers active in the comic industry and a Michael Turner ripoff, replacing Remender and a rotating team of the best artists in the industry? Nice work Marvel. Lets fallow up one of the most critically praised comics in the industry by putting one of the most critically reviled creators on it.

Please let me die of a brain aneurysm in my sleep if that is true.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/20/marvelnow-daniel-way-and-alec-garza-on-x-force/ Shit. I was hoping to get another good "shadow king" story. Guess not.

StiltmanFTW
Marvel is really capable of doing that, remember when they put Way on Astonishing X-Men?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Arg, rumor is that Daniel Way and Ale Garza might be relaunching X-Force. Daniel Way, one of the worst writers active in the comic industry and a Michael Turner ripoff, replacing Remender and a rotating team of the best artists in the industry? Nice work Marvel. Lets fallow up one of the most critically praised comics in the industry by putting one of the most critically reviled creators on it.

Please let me die of a brain aneurysm in my sleep if that is true.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/20/marvelnow-daniel-way-and-alec-garza-on-x-force/ Marvel needs to stop this shit

Deadline
I don't know is Way that bad? Obvoulsy I understand why some people hate him. What happened with keeping the same writer on a series for a long time?

JakeTheBank
People dislike Way primarily because some of them feel he wrote a bad Logan (ie. Wayverine).

Kazenji
How is he on Deadpool?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Kazenji
How is he on Deadpool?

Awful.

He was awful on Astonishing X-Men and Ghost Rider too. The best thing he has done is probably Bullseye: Greatest Hits... which isn't that good.

Lek Kuen
Which arcs of Ghost Rider did he do?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Which arcs of Ghost Rider did he do?

The one from 2006

#1-5: Vicious Cycle
#6-11: The Life & Death of Johnny Blaze
#12,13 & Annual: Apocalypse Soon
#14-19: Revelations

i don't think he was bad that on Ghost Rider.

Kazenji
Daniel Way and Steve Dillion on Thunderbolts.

-K-M-
Not a fan of Steve Dillion's art style. It worked for Punisher, but not much else.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Awful.

He was awful on Astonishing X-Men and Ghost Rider too. The best thing he has done is probably Bullseye: Greatest Hits... which isn't that good.

The most frustrating thing about Way's Deadpool is that there's been moments where he has shown that he has the capacity to write a great Deadpool and understand the character, but then ruins it 90% of the time by using the multple personality narration boxes and needless stupidity. I mean yes, Deadpool can be an idiot and should be involved in absurd plots, but Way seems to have a problem with knowing where to stop.

For example, his initial Deadpool story that was in Origins was pretty awesome, mainly due to the fact he wrote a fairly good Deadpool vs Wolverine action scene that lasted 3 issues, and then gave a great look into DP's head when he lectured Wolverine.

And throughout his own series there have been some great moments and storylines which had potential, but the fact they're few and far between is incredibly frustrating.


On another note, I wish they had just let Rucka carry on writing his Punisher series and not including Punisher in this Thunderbolts stuff, it's been brilliant so far and probably the best take on the character since some of Ennis' stuff.

Deadline
They should get Remender to write Deadpool, no I don't see what the big deal about Rucka and Punisher is.

-K-M-
Marvel goes Battle Royale/Hunger Games

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-now-avengers-arena.html

JakeTheBank
I would like this, but the fact that it's an event where literally the purpose is to kill off characters and Marvel's unapologetic about it turns me off. Death is already tarnished in Marvel with the knowledge that anyone can come back, but still, killing characters for the sake of killing them doesn't strike me as good storytelling.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>