Darth Krayt -vs- Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlemaster
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/6186ed32.jpg

Darth Krayt and Darth Vader are whisked away to the inner halls of the Klegger Corp. Mining Facility on Mustafar.

They are both in Peak Power and Skill and Bloodlusted.

Starting Distance Apart: 10 Feet

Setting:Mustafar, Klegger Mining Facility - Inner Facility
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/5b893371.jpg
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/c70095e4.jpg
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/Thallah/c6f08419.jpg

SIDIOUS 66
Vader

Ascendancy
Vader crawls into a blubbering ball remembering what happened to him there against Obi Wan. Krayt feels badly for him and strokes his helmet sweetly. Draw.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Vader crawls into a blubbering ball remembering what happened to him there against Obi Wan. Krayt feels badly for him and strokes his helmet sweetly. Draw.

LMAO.

Battlemaster
Suit Vader is superior with a lightsaber, really?

Ascendancy
Just having a little fun. I honestly haven't read anymore than tidbits about Krayt and his new Sith so I'd be guessing at his overall power.

Battlemaster
Hmm, Q99 actually spoke highly of Krayt.

I'm not sure how Vader would do against Krayt in the Force or a lightsaber, really..

Krayt could win..

SIDIOUS 66
I don't know much about Krayt after his "rebirth", but I haven't seen anyone post anything that would make me believe he can defeat Vader.

Q99
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I don't know much about Krayt after his "rebirth", but I haven't seen anyone post anything that would make me believe he can defeat Vader.

Ok, to begin with, post rebirth he didn't have to spend any effort on resisting the Vong growths, so in effect his total force power has increased significantly. Secondly, passing through death brought him great insight into the darkside.

Thirdly, he gained shatterpoints (like Windu) and Dark Transfer. Dark Transfer has two uses. One, it can heal even major wounds quickly, and two and more dangerously, he can use it to pour the force into enemy shatterpoints and kill them. If he gets a hand on someone, it's pretty much over.

Aside from being a physical beatstick- he was a sabermonkey back in his Jedi days, and one of the best duelists in the Clone Wars order, before getting any Sith training, at no point in all of Legacy was he ever disadvantaged against anyone with a saber- he's also quite skilled at force illusion, good at redirecting enemy force powers, has solid TK and lightning.

Arhael
Is there any attention to his Force drain in comics?

ares834
Nope.

Q99
I'll note they have both fought the same foe.

Celeste Morne without tapping into the Muur talisman was able to give Vader more trouble than an older Celeste Morne who did tap into the Muur talisman's power was able to give Krayt.

Both were solidly superior, mind, but she was at least temporarily able to push Vader back, while Krayt always had the advantage in their duel.

Originally posted by Arhael
Is there any attention to his Force drain in comics?

Abeloth is the only time we've seen him use it.

heitoi_which
I don't think Vader was trying to kill Morne, though.

Q99
Originally posted by heitoi_which
I don't think Vader was trying to kill Morne, though.

And Krayt wasn't either.

Both weren't trying to hurt her, only one got knocked on their back.

heitoi_which
Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Haz u scans?

Q99
Originally posted by heitoi_which
Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Haz u scans?

Sure. Not the whole fight, but parts.

Celeste leaps in

Aforementioned knocking him on his back

Now of course he stands up, throws something heavy at her (she cuts it in two and knocks half into a stormy), then goes on the offensive for awhile. He disarms her, then she calls on the power of the Muur talisman to turn all the Stormies to her side and he retreats.

Now here's a bit of Krayt's fight, mostly just him stating his intent while noting she is tapping into the power of the talisman.

Then her control slips and Muur takes full control, the two Sithlords start a lightning beam-of-war, and an Imperial Knight Master jumps him from behind.

ares834
If anything I'd say Vader performed better against Mourne than Krayt as he managed to actually defeat her. While Mourne was able to, at least temporarily, hold back both Krayt and Maladi.

With that said, I'm not inclined to give Vader an advantage based on that duel alone, simply because Mourne was tapping into the Muur's talisman.

Q99
Originally posted by ares834
If anything I'd say Vader performed better against Mourne than Krayt as he managed to actually defeat her. While Mourne was able to, at least temporarily, hold back both Krayt and Maladi.

It's a bit of, "Morne and Vader did more to each other both ways, while with Krayt she was just in a declining stalemate the whole time," isn't it?

Battlemaster
Hmm.

- I like both these guys - but I suppose I would give Krayt the win, if he can Force Lightning Vader to death, or defeat him in a duel, without Vader Force-Crushing him.

ares834
Well, it appears Mourne caught Vader off guard with the force push. I mean he was talking to her saying he didn't want to hurt her. And once, the duel really commenced she never got another hit on him.

But yeah, both Krayt and Vader seemed to be holding back and Mourne seemed more deadly when she fought Krayt so I'd say we can't really compare these two based off this duel alone.

Eat it Ush
Vader gets wtfpwned. Not really close.

0827ant1
I say Vader

Battlemaster
How is Suit Vader the superior swordsman to Krayt?

Q99
Originally posted by ares834
Well, it appears Mourne caught Vader off guard with the force push. I mean he was talking to her saying he didn't want to hurt her. And once, the duel really commenced she never got another hit on him.

Though catching him off guard strikes me as off. She was already clashing swords with him, so it's not like he shouldn't have been expecting more attack.

I think the push was a bit of a, "Whoa, hey, I'm facing a master here, I'm stronger but I can't be sloppy, I need to step up my game," wakeup call.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Battlemaster
How is Suit Vader the superior swordsman to Krayt?

stick out tongue Still wondering.

suck it cowboy
No version of Vader is superior to Krayt.

Pwned
Originally posted by Battlemaster
stick out tongue Still wondering. Well if you would do some research or read the material you would have an answer to your question. But alas, you have not.

Don't feel bad, neither have I. I could answer it, but I don't care to.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Pwned
Well if you would do some research or read the material you would have an answer to your question. But alas, you have not. Don't feel bad, neither have I.

I would never read the Legacy or FotJ series, so I'm going off the opinions of others, if they have any worth. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Pwned
I could answer it, but I don't care to.

And I don't care to hear your opinion. cool

Battlemaster
Originally posted by suck it cowboy
No version of Vader is superior to Krayt.

Really?

suck it cowboy
Yes, really.

Arhael
Vader is not necessarily weaker lightsaber combatant after acquiring suit.
Indeed he lost speed and agility but in exchanged got much greater physical strength.

In TFU his strikes are described as bone crushing. And Marek couldn't simply defeat Vader with superior speed. They fought equally for a while. Marek started getting upper hand only after using Dun Moch and getting enraged. Basically Marek had stronger emotional ground in that fight.

suck it cowboy
It might have been closer before Krayt was reborn, but after, forget about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.