Eternity vs comic book black holes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumanMovieGuide
Originally I thought Eternity was the biggest jobber there is until I realized black holes in comic books suck too and I don't mean in the literally sense.

Do comic book black holes have an even worse track record than Eternity? I remember seeing Wonder Woman and an ordinary civilian falling down a large black hole and I heard they both made it out fine.

Endless Mike
Wonder Woman was protecting her with magic or something.

Anyway Eternity is the universe, which means that black holes are already part of his body

vansonbee
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Anyway Eternity is the universe, which means that black holes are already part of his body I wonder what a black hole represents on Eternity. hmmm

Endless Mike
A pimple?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Anyway Eternity is the universe, which means that black holes are already part of his body
Did you even read the op?

Or are you saying black hole fail is by extension eternity fail

pym-ftw
Bullets are the biggest jobbers in comics, followed by black holes

Eternity just doesn't fight

Sr J-Bieb
didn't Eternity/Infinity stomp Magus when he had the IG?

HumanMovieGuide
@Gecko4lif: Saying blacks holes fail because Eternity fails would actually make some sense. However that doesn't explain why they suck just as much in DC as they do in Marvel.

@pym-ftw: True about bullets. Outside of Steve Rogers death, I can't think of anytime bullets have actually been effective. Apparently arrows and hand thrown objects can move faster than them. And lets not even get into their constant failure to blast through wooden objects or even human shields.

@Sr J-Bieb: Correct for the most part. The reality gem on Magus's IG was fake and we didn't see the fight, just know who won. Consider Eternity had his sister in that fight, debatable which of those two did most of the fighting. Going by their track record, I would say Infinity.

CosmicComet
Bullets aren't as big as jobbers as...LAZERS are.

durhulk

HumanMovieGuide
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Bullets aren't as big as jobbers as...LAZERS are.

durhulk

Lazers beat World War Hulk. That's more than I can say about either bullets or black holes.

Was Eternity's only legit win back in the 60s against Dormammu? Then Dormammu came back recently with his sister and avenged his loss. His encounter with Hank Pym was even more sad.

BTW Endless Mike are you sure that human had a protection spell and that she didn't simply jumped into that black hole going "Weee!" Has a black hole in comics ever killed anyone? If the answer is no, they're worse than bullets or lasers.

CosmicComet
Ok, 'street level' lazers are.

durhulk

HumanMovieGuide
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Ok, 'street level' lazers are.

durhulk

Actually I just realized, bullets killed Darkseid, Orion, Abomination and nearly killed Superman repeatedly. I guess as long as they're not normal lead bullets, they can be quite effective.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by HumanMovieGuide
BTW Endless Mike are you sure that human had a protection spell and that she didn't simply jumped into that black hole going "Weee!" Has a black hole in comics ever killed anyone? If the answer is no, they're worse than bullets or lasers.

Well technically if the event horizon is large enough and there is air to breathe and such it is possible for a human to survive going past the event horizon of a black hole.

You just wouldn't be able to get back out again. And would probably die shortly after entering it anyway.

guy222
eternity

pym-ftw
Gladiator and sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.