RoT Bane vs. DoE Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mangafan
So obviously you have Bane on one hand with advantages of orbalisks, and on the other hand Bane without those advantages but the advantages of all his extra experience and improvement he gets between the two books.

Fight!

ares834
RoT Bane.

Stealth Moose
Finally, a do no care option! I can bask in how much I don't care and make sure other people take notice.

Maul/Savage 777
Originally posted by ares834
RoT Bane.

Are the orbalisks really that big an advantage? Is there no conceivable way that Bane has grown so much more powerful with the Force that he can just overpower his former self without it going to sabers?

Or what about the rainstorm feat? Is it possible that Bane could just go and speedbiitz his former self, lol?

Pwned
Yes, they are just that big of an advantage. He is nearly unstoppable with them.

Arhael
Originally posted by Maul/Savage 777
Are the orbalisks really that big an advantage? Is there no conceivable way that Bane has grown so much more powerful with the Force that he can just overpower his former self without it going to sabers?

Or what about the rainstorm feat? Is it possible that Bane could just go and speedbiitz his former self, lol?
He was fully trained and was the strongest Sith even before Obralisk, hence more or less achieved his full potential already. Power and speed doesn't multiply with experience. Before Obralisk he already showed exeptional lightsaber skill as he had upper hand against Kasim - the best Sith blademaster of that time, until he pulled out his trick with two lightsabers. Participated in some sort of ritual as conduit. Then he defeated another Sith Master mockingly with Force alone. Clearly he already reached his peak before Obralisk. By the time he took Obralisk off he at most leaned a few more arcane powers and got slightly better with lightsaber, which is still not enough to win someone with Obralisk on.

Maul/Savage 777
Are you sure he reached his potential that early? By the end of PoD he had only been training for about 2 years bro. Ten more by the time of RoT but it that reakky enough to have reached full potential, even with faster growing rate of darkside?

juggerman
RoT Bane would destroy DoE Bane.

RoT Bane was uber powerful with a suit of armor that left only his head and hands vulnerable. if thats not bad enough he heals instantly. when facing the Jedi he was holding his own against 3 and 4 without any significant trouble and iirc they only scored one hit on his flesh. and among them was the best Jedi blade master of the time.

DoE Bane's rain feat was uber impressive but RoT Bane was crazy fast too. he was fast enough to combat 4 Jedi simultanously and still protect his head and hands from getting lopped off.

imo DoE Bane really stands no chance here since i don't believe he can accomplish what 4 Jedi couldn't while attacking at the same time.

Maul/Savage 777
It doesn't have to be a lightsaber duel though bro. Plus you have to remember that Bane has intimate knowledge of his former self. Same can't be said for his past self.

DARTH POWER
^ Ah yes but future self can't go for the kill because that would also erase him from existence!

I hate fights like this.

juggerman
it kinda does tho. both have crazy strong defenses to force powers via their shields and i doubt either would just stand there and spam lightning since that's not really their style. they would both attack with lightsabers almost immediately (RoT much more aggressivelyof course).

that is really his only saving grace. but i dunno if he could use that knowledge to any kind of advantage. for all we know his intimate knowledge could amount to "damn i was i still had the Orbalisks. i used to be unbeatable. even now with all my aquired power i would be no match for my past armored self. woe is me" stick out tongue

he does know of the weakness to electricity but it may not be possible for him to ever shock his younger self due to his defenses

Arhael
Originally posted by Maul/Savage 777
Are you sure he reached his potential that early? By the end of PoD he had only been training for about 2 years bro. Ten more by the time of RoT but it that reakky enough to have reached full potential, even with faster growing rate of darkside?

Considering that adults train at much faster rate. Corran Horn trained roughly half year at Academy, a year at most. In that same year he became powerful enough to train together with Mara like equals, take on Jensarai who studied Force all their life and perform the greatest feat in his entire life.
Moreover darksider's don't just train, they drill, which is way faster, than at Jedi Academy. Desann within year or two reached his full potential.
And again considering that Bane was shown to have his power increased immensely during Academy, he more or less reached his limits. From being unable to defeat a random student to take on the strongest master of the brotherhood and mockingly Force handle another master shows a lot of power and skill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.