Daredevil vs. Psylocke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, it's happening... who wins?

YFZ 350
DareDevil will win.

StyleTime
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=564039& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Daredevil+vs+Psylocke%29+
forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=544807& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Daredevil+vs+Psylocke%29+
forumid%3A77

Been done, but my response is the same.
Originally posted by StyleTime
Using all her abilities, Psylocke should beat Daredevil's ass.

In a comic, it'd probably be different.....because it's a comic.

juggernaut74
Pretty much.

Harbinger
Can't see Matt taking a majority here.

dmills
This fight should last all of 1 minute. Betsy decisively.

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
This fight should last all of 1 minute. Betsy decisively.
You know what that means right? The exact OPPOSITE is gonna happen. DD will wind up spanking that ass. DD wins.

StiltmanFTW
He lands the first hit in the preview.

Glorificus
If Psylocke decides to fight like a dumbass (which she most assuredly will) and go hand-to-hand, he'll dominate her.

If she keeps her distance, she could just drop him with a psi bolt, or telekinetically snap his neck.

Prep-Man
Daredevil all day!

JakeTheBank
Obviously, powerset for powerset, this is (or should) be Braddock's fight to lose.

Not sure if, sans TK/TP and armed only with her sword, she could take on Matt.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by guy222
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548684_ZONE-EMPIRE-003.JPG http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548685_ZONE-EMPIRE-004.JPG http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548686_ZONE-EMPIRE-005.JPG http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548687_ZONE-EMPIRE-006.JPG http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548688_ZONE-EMPIRE-007.JPG http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548689_ZONE-EMPIRE-008.JPG http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548690_ZONE-EMPIRE-009.JPG http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548691_ZONE-EMPIRE-010.JPG http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12548693_ZONE-EMPIRE-011.JPG

facepalm

Prep-Man
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/michaeljordanlol_1.gif

Nietzschean
that is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen.
so people are going to milk the TP resistance now.

marvel has gone to sh**.

wallbash

zopzop
Originally posted by Nietzschean
that is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen.
so people are going to milk the TP resistance now.

marvel has gone to sh**.

wallbash
Tell me about it. You seen the Thor/Emma throwdown? Nice "tp resistance" then he gets his face smashed in.

The biggest jobber in comics isn't Eternity or black holes, it's TP laughing

Nietzschean
Originally posted by zopzop
Tell me about it. You seen the Thor/Emma throwdown? Nice "tp resistance" then he gets his face smashed in.

The biggest jobber in comics isn't Eternity or black holes, it's TP laughing all these lvl 6/7 and up telepaths took a dive to being noobie telepaths of lvl 1.

StiltmanFTW
So far Daredevil has stalemated Warpath and kicked Colossusnaut in the face in this event... now THIS... *sigh*

Nietzschean
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
So far Daredevil has stalemated Warpath and kicked Colossusnaut in the face in this event... now THIS... *sigh* so if Psylocke can be overloaded with her opponents hypersenses shouldnt she have had the same reaction from guys like Wolverine and Sabretooth too?
erm

Wolverine and sabre have a predatory nature which makes them view certain ppl as prey. Wolverine also had longer time learning to confront his senses and is in constant pain due to his hyper awareness that would make Matt seem like he just has a scraped knee.

dmills
Shoot me.

the ninjak
How did DD tank a Psiblade?

"Id"
Sensory overload? She copes with using high TK/TP on a daily biases.

And her TK here was non existent
Originally posted by the ninjak
How did DD tank a Psiblade?
He didn't.

Psiblade never connected.

Harbinger
1ytCEuuW2_A

All I could think of, tbh.

StiltmanFTW
so if Psylocke can be overloaded with her opponents hypersenses shouldnt she have had the same reaction from guys like Wolverine and Sabretooth too?
erm

Wolverine and sabre have a predatory nature which makes them view certain ppl as prey. Wolverine also had longer time learning to confront his senses and is in constant pain due to his hyper awareness that would make Matt seem like he just has a scraped knee.

I know man, I mentioned that in the other thread. Bullsh*t, that's what this "fight" is.

I just checked and it was written by Remender (the guy that used to write the DR Punisher/Frankencastle and now writes Uncanny X-Force). His Psylocke had no trouble using TP on Logan or AoA Creed. It makes no sense.

For some reason (movie success?) Marvel horribly jobs out X-Men to Avengers. Hell, Betsy is lucky the fight ended up as a stalemate...

Daredevil1
Daredevil the boss.

SamZED
It would've been easy to write a fight with them bOth looking good. Instead they both looked bad. Its like marvel does it on purpose.

celeyhyga17
I know man, I mentioned that in the other thread. Bullsh*t, that's what this "fight" is.

I just checked and it was written by Remender (the guy that used to write the DR Punisher/Frankencastle and now writes Uncanny X-Force). His Psylocke had no trouble using TP on Logan or AoA Creed. It makes no sense.

For some reason (movie success?) Marvel horribly jobs out X-Men to Avengers. Hell, Betsy is lucky the fight ended up as a stalemate...

DD does have crazy heightened senses other than smell... plus he has that radar thingy that prolly shocked the hell out of her.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
DD does have crazy heightened senses other than smell... plus he has that radar thingy that prolly shocked the hell out of her. so have other characters whose mind she has gone into.

this was horse sh** through and through. mad

srankmissingnin
I think its funny that the writers weren't tasked with reading up on the X-Men before they wrote this event. Bru's story directly states that Gambit can't charge organic material. Brubaker, one of the best in the business, who wrote the f@cking X-Men for years, doesn't even know what the character can do.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
DD does have crazy heightened senses other than smell... plus he has that radar thingy that prolly shocked the hell out of her.

So do Logan and Creed.

Matt's radar sense was redeveloped via training after he lost it, so actually it shouldn't be a hard trick for a telepathic ninja to copy from his mind...

Sr J-Bieb
DD wins. She's lucky he held back on her.

Trackz
So what exactly do people think went wrong in the fight?

I mean Psylocke being shocked by the senses was interesting, but not unexpected. I mean Wolverine has great senese, I'm pretty sure Daredevil's are better though. I don't know Wolverine's feats, but I remember he wasn't able to sniff out Omega Red behind a bush (maybe 20 yards away) because a truck was clouding his sense of smell. That would never happen to DareDevil. This is probably a low showing, but it's the only one I can remember right now.

Psylocke could've ended the fight easily had she been bloodlusted, but she wasn't..which pretty much leaves her with only hand-to-hand, and it's accepted that DD is the better fighter.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Trackz

I mean Psylocke being shocked by the senses was interesting, but not unexpected. I mean Wolverine has great senese, I'm pretty sure Daredevil's are better though. I don't know Wolverine's feats, but I remember he wasn't able to sniff out Omega Red behind a bush (maybe 20 yards away) because a truck was clouding his sense of smell. That would never happen to DareDevil. This is probably a low showing, but it's the only one I can remember right now.

Psylocke could've ended the fight easily had she been bloodlusted, but she wasn't..which pretty much leaves her with only hand-to-hand, and it's accepted that DD is the better fighter.

Now you've gone too far. Wolverine's sense of smell is much better, as seen in Infinity War when he detected the doppelgangers.

TP attack should've worked on Daredevil, period. Betsy stating she can't beat him h2h is ridiculous - she's been trained by Ogun. It ain't classic Psylocke.

Also, there's a fact that Remender writes her without TK...

Nietzschean

Psylocke could've ended the fight easily had she been bloodlusted, but she wasn't..which pretty much leaves her with only hand-to-hand, and it's accepted that DD is the better fighter. actually similar stuff has happen to Daredevil too... roll eyes (sarcastic)

wolverine has snucked up on DD and DD was unable to "see" constrictor who was right in front of him when he teamed up with Gambit. Constrictor was like 20-50 ft away from him on a train.

Wolverine Senses are roughly equal to DD minus his hearing but wolverine can also focus his senses to build a rough radar sense without DD's specific training to do so.

wolverine's hypersenses is that his sense of touch is so acute he suffers from phantom pains and can feel every cut, breeze on his body. plus, the adamantium makes it worse sense it is a constant excruciating pain he learned to ignore even thought it is still there..

Nietzschean
Now you've gone too far. Wolverine's sense of smell is much better, as seen in Infinity War when he detected the doppelgangers.

TP attack should've worked on Daredevil, period. Betsy stating she can't beat him h2h is ridiculous - she's been trained by Ogun. It ain't classic Psylocke.

Also, there's a fact that Remender writes her without TK... I just realized that Xavier once piggybacked on Wolverine's brain and he had to shut himself out from Wolverine's senses since it was overloading Xavier from a stimulant overload..

Ogun had a similar experience too.. :P

Trackz

Also, there's a fact that Remender writes her without TK...

Hmm you're probably right. What's Wolverine's very best feat in that area? Smelling a doppleganger seems pretty tame, I feel like most feral heroes do that.

I mean she didn't do terribly, Daredevil is one of marvel's best hand-to-hand fighters though.

Trackz
actually similar stuff has happen to Daredevil too... roll eyes (sarcastic)

wolverine has snucked up on DD and DD was unable to "see" constrictor who was right in front of him when he teamed up with Gambit. Constrictor was like 20-50 ft away from him on a train.

Wolverine Senses are roughly equal to DD minus his hearing but wolverine can also focus his senses to build a rough radar sense without DD's specific training to do so.

wolverine's hypersenses is that his sense of touch is so acute he suffers from phantom pains and can feel every cut, breeze on his body. plus, the adamantium makes it worse sense it is a constant excruciating pain he learned to ignore even thought it is still there..

I thought the adamantium pains stopped after he got his second coating.

Mmm. What sets the feat apart for Wolverine in my mind is that Wolverine recognized that there was someone there hiding, and just couldn't make out the scent. I feel like it's a bit different when someone surprises you.

StiltmanFTW
Hmm you're probably right. What's Wolverine's very best feat in that area? Smelling a doppleganger seems pretty tame, I feel like most feral heroes do that.

I mean she didn't do terribly, Daredevil is one of marvel's best hand-to-hand fighters though.

He has quite a few, hard to choose. He often uses it as a lie-detector, much like Matt does with his hearing. The point is that Daredevil was in the same room and couldn't smell them, had to use the radar sense to check if Logan was right. In the old book Matt himself conceded Wolverine might be better in that area, too...

He's good, but not good enough to best post-Ogun Psylocke. Have you read Psylocke mini? The one written by Yost? She fought Wolverine there, now that was a fight. Murdock wouldn't last a second stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW

Mmm. What sets the feat apart for Wolverine in my mind is that Wolverine recognized that there was someone there hiding, and just couldn't make out the scent. I feel like it's a bit different when someone surprises you.

It didn't. Apoc was supposed to remove the adamantium poisoning iirc, but the following writers ignored that...

StyleTime
My expectations of the fight were already low, so I'll try and look on the bright side: at least it was a stalemate.

Trackz
He has quite a few, hard to choose. He often uses it as a lie-detector, much like Matt does with his hearing. The point is that Daredevil was in the same room and couldn't smell them, had to use the radar sense to check if Logan was right. In the old book Matt himself conceded Wolverine might be better in that area, too...

He's good, but not good enough to best post-Ogun Psylocke. Have you read Psylocke mini? The one written by Yost? She fought Wolverine there, now that was a fight. Murdock wouldn't last a second stick out tongue
He could use his radar sense to check if logan was right, but he couldn't out right detect them? It probably makes more sense in context. Character concessions happy all the time though, they're worth considering but not exactly concrete. I dunno, Remender is a great writer, I feel like he tried to do both characters justice and he didn't do badly. I feel like he wrote a fight both fan groups could walk away happy with. We got more evidence that Daredevil is a top tier fighter, but we also know that if Psylocke took off the gloves for a second the fight would be over.

No denying that, I thought it was agreed that if Psylocke was going for blood, Daredevil wouldn't last a minute.

StiltmanFTW
He could use his radar sense to check if logan was right, but he couldn't out right detect them? It probably makes more sense in context. Character concessions happy all the time though, they're worth considering but not exactly concrete. I dunno, Remender is a great writer, I feel like he tried to do both characters justice and he didn't do badly. I feel like he wrote a fight both fan groups could walk away happy with. We got more evidence that Daredevil is a top tier fighter, but we also know that if Psylocke took off the gloves for a second the fight would be over.

No denying that, I thought it was agreed that if Psylocke was going for blood, Daredevil wouldn't last a minute.

With his standard senses alone he couldn't, he had to use the radar. Difference in smell between the doppelgangers and the originals wasn't significant enough for Matt to distinguish.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7711/ofactorydj3.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/306/ofactory2fl7.jpg

It really shouldn't be a surprise that Wolverine has a better nose than Matt...

I like Murdock, I really do, but he has no business fighting a character out of his league like Psylocke. Or Warpath.

Darth Jello
It's funny because back in Marvel Comics Presents 150, Wolverine says Daredevil is the only guy he knows with senses better than his.

I'm not really surprised with the fight. As mentioned before, the last time a hand Ninja tried a psychic attack on Murdock, he died of a brain hemorrhage.

StiltmanFTW
Other than smell, DD does have slightly better senses.

He can "read" via touch, identify heartbeats...

Nietzschean
Other than smell, DD does have slightly better senses.

He can "read" via touch, identify heartbeats... I say sense of touch goes to wolverine since he has molecular awareness. wink

Bentley
Let's face it, DD drops Wolverine with a throat punch, beats Gorgon and resists Psylocke TP. He's officially Srank's favorite character.

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Daredevil13016.jpg

Daredevil's senses being confused by too much input.

Bonus: That is Wolverine disguised as a Black Specter laying Matt out with a back fist. evil face

ODG
^ To be clear, Daredevil took a significant multi-pronged (as in physical, telepathic and magical) beating just beforehand -- as in the three prior pages to that scan. This was explicitly a factor in his confusion as well.

leonidas
yeah, that scan is pretty meaningless. matt even MENTIONS he's confused and trying to get away in the scan. also mentions the beating. erm

Nietzschean

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29885/680601-mwolverinepainxj8_super.jpg

ODG
Originally posted by "Id"
Sensory overload? She copes with using high TK/TP on a daily biases.

And her TK here was non existent Not surprised. I can't even remember her using it during the entire Uncanny X-Force run. And she basically headlines that book with Fantomex. Chalk it up to CIS.

jinzin
So far Daredevil has stalemated Warpath and kicked Colossusnaut in the face in this event... now THIS... *sigh*

So either DD got upgrade or Psylocke got a downgrade. A MAJOR ONE. But given this and the Gorgon KO, I guess we can assume the former. roll eyes (sarcastic)

juggernaut74
Any scans of the DD/Warpath fight?

Trackz
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/29885/680601-mwolverinepainxj8_super.jpg i thought this came before he had the adamantium replaced. my mistake.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Any scans of the DD/Warpath fight?

Only a single panel... Matt's billy club stands up to Proudstar's vibranium knives and Warpath's massive strength advantage is ignored.

i thought this came before he had the adamantium replaced. my mistake.

It's from Get Mystique (2008).

juggernaut74
Only a single panel... Matt's billy club stands up to Proudstar's vibranium knives and Warpath's massive strength advantage is ignored.

It's from Get Mystique (2008). Is Warpath even stronger than Logan now?

ODG
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Any scans of the DD/Warpath fight? There was no fight. They clashed in one panel. Maybe two.

Daredevil fought Psylocke to a draw. That shouldn't be a surprise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.