Question for the mathmatic genius?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Let's say if I was located in the DC Universe and I was on a hero team...the JLA. I am granted the powers to mentally track any individual in the Universe with my mind (can see that person or thing like they are standing right in front of me) just by closing my eyes and thinking. The JLA sent Superman on a mission to tackle a powerful foe. The person that he is fighting on an unknown planet is in an entirely different solar system.

The JLA is worried and decides to send Flash to this planet to aid Superman on a ship and the destination is 13000-20000 light years away and it will take flash 6 days to get there. Flash has been gone for 2 days so far and the JLA decides to use me to locate Flash...to see how far he has made it. I close my eyes and spot the ship moving at incredible speeds with my mind as easily as eating a pie. I decide to close my eye to see if Superman is still battling and I look on the planet and I am unable to see Superman or the enemy. I can feel them but I cant see them. I then realize that Superman and this enemy is fighting so fast, that my powers can't keep track of them. They are basically moving faster than my powerful mind can process. Now remember, I was able to track a ship that will make it to the battle ground which is 13000+ light years away with ease. What does this mean about Superman speed during battle? Were they fighting faster than the speed of light or was I unable to track them because they were not fighting in a straight line.?

Geniuses, where are you?

carver9
Please leave this open for a bit Pr.

Mindset
The answer is 11.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
The answer is 11.

When I seen that it was Mindset that replied in my thread I was like "OMG". I didn't even have to read your post to know you was about to say something crazy and off topic. Thanks a lot mindset.

Mindset
Too ambiguous to answer.

rotiart
Impossible. Flash is faster than superman. If you can spot flash you can spot superman. Your theory does not compute.

DarkSaint85
Why do you need a maths genius, when the problem doesn't have anything to do with maths??

Mindset
For the record, if you can track Flash and the ship easily, you are already able to detect things moving at ftl speeds.

Also, "I can feel them but I cant see them." is vague and nonsensical.

bluewaterrider
confused

This isn't meant to be some variation of the Twin Paradox, is it?

-Pr-

What Carver is doing is asking a DBZ question, he's just dressing it up in DC costumes to try and get past any members who might not want to deal with it in the first place.

Eon Blue
gode

TheGodKiller
This doesn't belong here .

Diesldude
Originally posted by rotiart
Impossible. Flash is faster than superman. If you can spot flash you can spot superman. Your theory does not compute. Flash maybe faster than superman but he is in a ship travelling at a much slower pace than he would have done on his own.

DarkSaint85
Flash lends speed to the ship, and enters the speed force.

Diesldude
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Flash lends speed to the ship, and enters the speed force. I don't think carver has the thought process to add that into the equation.

Terryc250
That's a question for only you to answer since we don't know 100% how your mind powers work. Does your mind power struggle more with movements moving in an inconsistent pattern? Maybe your mind powers aren't as strong the further the distance? Or perhaps they really are just moving way faster than the ship.

Endless Mike
In the manga Kaio never lost track of Goku and Frieza.

Try again, carter.

Estacado
Nice thread Carter.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Diesldude
Flash maybe faster than superman but he is in a ship travelling at a much slower pace than he would have done on his own.

That ship is still travelling at an average speed of 0.032 lightyears per second , which is roughly one million times the speed of light . If Clairvoyant-Carter here can detect the ship moving at such a speed with ease , then there's no reason he shouldn't be able to detect other objects moving at FTL speeds .

Sin I AM
Lmao dbz dressed up as DC...does your trolling know no bounds

SamZED
Clearly the answer is = over 9000

Cogito
Originally posted by SamZED
Clearly the answer is = over 9000

The 'tard level? Clearly.

carver9
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
That ship is still travelling at an average speed of 0.032 lightyears per second , which is roughly one million times the speed of light . If Clairvoyant-Carter here can detect the ship moving at such a speed with ease , then there's no reason he shouldn't be able to detect other objects moving at FTL speeds .

Lol...you all are so amazing. I got the answer I needed right here. This can be closed now.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
For the record, if you can track Flash and the ship easily, you are already able to detect things moving at ftl speeds.

I basically told you that like 16 hours ago.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Endless Mike
In the manga Kaio never lost track of Goku and Frieza.

Try again, carter.

Really?

facepalm

Silly carver.

PillarofOsiris
Is it possible to ban certain people from making threads?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by -Pr-
Really?

facepalm

Silly carver.

Yes really. I read through that entire arc multiple times and couldn't find it. So unless the translations I had were off it's probably just filler.

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Let's say if I was located in the DC Universe and I was on a hero team...the JLA. I am granted the powers to mentally track any individual in the Universe with my mind (can see that person or thing like they are standing right in front of me) just by closing my eyes and thinking. The JLA sent Superman on a mission to tackle a powerful foe. The person that he is fighting on an unknown planet is in an entirely different solar system.

The JLA is worried and decides to send Flash to this planet to aid Superman on a ship and the destination is 13000-20000 light years away and it will take flash 6 days to get there. Flash has been gone for 2 days so far and the JLA decides to use me to locate Flash...to see how far he has made it. I close my eyes and spot the ship moving at incredible speeds with my mind as easily as eating a pie. I decide to close my eye to see if Superman is still battling and I look on the planet and I am unable to see Superman or the enemy. I can feel them but I cant see them. I then realize that Superman and this enemy is fighting so fast, that my powers can't keep track of them. They are basically moving faster than my powerful mind can process. Now remember, I was able to track a ship that will make it to the battle ground which is 13000+ light years away with ease. What does this mean about Superman speed during battle? Were they fighting faster than the speed of light or was I unable to track them because they were not fighting in a straight line.?

Geniuses, where are you? There are 2 answers: Batman or Doom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.