Cross Genre Match: Ben 10 vs...Ben Grimm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Current versions of both...

First to k.o.

Tennyson has no limit on the amount of time he can be in an alien form nor is he forced to revert back.

Densely populated urban environment

Who wins?

Flyattractor
Ben 10 as in the 8 year old?
And Ben "The Thing" Grimm?

Ben Grimm old schools the youngster unless he gets lucky with the Fire type one.

SamZED
Never really watched the show but pretty sure he's an adult in the later seasons.

Flyattractor
In the current series Ben 10 is 16 or so.

TheGodKiller
Tennyson should win .

Flyattractor
Where is "The Thing" currenlty at?

8swords
i think ben can transform into a fing fang foom size alien correct me if im wrong.. ben 8/10

CosmicComet
Any number of Tennyson's aliens can beat The Heart Force.

A few with strength alone.

pym-ftw
Adult Ben stomps
Teen Ben 8/10
Kid Ben 3/10

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Where is "The Thing" currenlty at?

Same as always...mid class 100. Great durability, decent endurance, supreme heart etc

SamZED
Ben doesn't stand a chance against Ben! eek!

jalek moye
Current Ben 10 would destroy Grim

Younger one might be able to beat him too

Gecko4lif
Grimm catches a beat down with the quickness

Sin I AM
Wow utterly surprised at the amount of people backing Tennyson for a stomp. Grimm is being grossly underestimated here

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Wow utterly surprised at the amount of people backing Tennyson for a stomp. Grimm is being grossly underestimated here
Tennyson has a great deal of versatility in choosing the aliens from his ultimatrix/omnitrix . Add in his h2h training(courtesy of his cousin) , and this is definitely a stomp in his favor .

iceman24567
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Tennyson has a great deal of versatility in choosing the aliens from his ultimatrix/omnitrix . Add in his h2h training(courtesy of his sister) , and this is definitely a stomp in his favor . He aint got no sister and his h2h skills are moderate at best.

dmills
Tennyson wins fairly easily. Any number of alien transformations may be able to get the job done.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by iceman24567
He aint got no sister .

Edited .

Newjak
He aint got no sister and his h2h skills are moderate at best. Ben had a sister who could magic.

As for the match Ben 10 wins.

He has Aliens who could be considered stronger than Ben Grimm, also a lot more versatile as well.

dmills
He aint got no sister and his h2h skills are moderate at best.

laughing out loud

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Newjak
Ben had a sister who could magic.

He has Aliens who could be considered stronger than Ben Grimm, also a lot more versatile as well.

That's not his sister , she's his cousin . And what she does is not magic per se , its alien heritage .

dmills
Originally posted by Newjak
Ben had a sister who could magic.

That's his cousin. Gwen.

TheGodKiller
His h2h skills are moderate at best.

Good enough to hang with Grimm .

Gecko4lif
Way big throws people into space.

Thats some thor level shit.

Newjak
That's not his sister , she's his cousin . And what she does is not magic per se , its alien heritage . Oh yeah stick out tongue

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

Thats some thor level shit.

Not just any people , he threw a giant sized Vilgax into space . Vilgax , at normal sizes , is a class 70 - class 100 character . Way Big is unusually strong , even for his size .

KingD19
And the latest version of Ben 10 was Ultimate Alien, where he could switch to an evolved version of multiple aliens. Like Ultimate Way Big.

Sin I AM
Devil's advocate: Nothing 10 has done strength wise can't be replicated by Grimm plus I don't see him outfighting him if it went h2h. Thing is just too durable, IMO it would take constant changes between forms with varied attacks to.give ten the win.

NemeBro

Thats some thor level shit. You don't have to be nearly as strong as Thor to manage that.

Stfu.

SamZED
He aint got no sister That some kind of american slang im not familliar with? Like "Cant take me, *****! You aint got no sistah!"

CosmicComet
Way Big casually stomps Grimm with the quickness.

Not only is he physically stronger, he literally has faster than light speeds; Way Big was so fast that he ran around a giant monster twice as big as himself, and the whirlwind he created from his speed was so powerful that it hurled the monster into the sun. He can also shoot Cosmic beams that are powerful enough to planet bust.

Armodrillo alone annihilates Ben Grimm, and that's not a big gun transformation. That species survived an explosion that would have taken out 5 square miles--he muffled the explosion by holding it close to him so that its AOE would be less, but that makes the durability feat even better since that nuke level explosion's power was concentrated into smaller radius of a few hundred feet. This species also has the strength to shake the hands of one of the giant Celestialsapiens by punching down at the palm. I would rate them around mountain sized, since their space ship, the rust bucket 3, which is at least as big as a commercial jumbo jet, (150-200 or so feet long), was dwarfed by just the fingers of the celestialsapien, the fingers were maybe 10 times as long as the length of the ship, and probably wider by an even greater multiple. So a single finger itself was well over a thousand feet long.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by NemeBro
You don't have to be nearly as strong as Thor to manage that.

Stfu.
So who under thor has done it.

Ill wait for the list *****.

StyleTime
Originally posted by SamZED
That some kind of american slang im not familliar with? Like "Cant take me, *****! You aint got no sistah!"
No, he's saying that Ben has no female siblings.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Way Big casually stomps Grimm with the quickness.

Not only is he physically stronger, he literally has faster than light speeds; Way Big was so fast that he ran around a giant monster twice as big as himself, and the whirlwind he created from his speed was so powerful that it hurled the monster into the sun. He can also shoot Cosmic beams that are powerful enough to planet bust.

Armodrillo alone annihilates Ben Grimm, and that's not a big gun transformation. That species survived an explosion that would have taken out 5 square miles--he muffled the explosion by holding it close to him so that its AOE would be less, but that makes the durability feat even better since that nuke level explosion's power was concentrated into smaller radius of a few hundred feet. This species also has the strength to shake the hands of one of the giant Celestialsapiens by punching down at the palm. I would rate them around mountain sized, since their space ship, the rust bucket 3, which is at least as big as a commercial jumbo jet, (150-200 or so feet long), was dwarfed by just the fingers of the celestialsapien, the fingers were maybe 10 times as long as the length of the ship, and probably wider by an even greater multiple. So a single finger itself was well over a thousand feet long.

Sweet Jesus I didn't know Ben 10 was that uber.

dmills
^^^ Some of his transformations got ridiculous.

TheGodKiller
They could have done a LOT with Alien X . A lot of hype was put into his debut appearance , only for it to be the disappointment of the year .

KingD19
Well the thing with Alien X was that it was so freakin powerful, if it didn't have some sort of limiter, he could just switch to Alien X and solve every problem ever. That's what Agrigor was planning on doing when he tried to get the baby, as it was essentially a blank slate and he could be the sole mind/personality.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by KingD19
Well the thing with Alien X was that it was so freakin powerful, if it didn't have some sort of limiter, he could just switch to Alien X and solve every problem ever. That's what Agrigor was planning on doing when he tried to get the baby, as it was essentially a blank slate and he could be the sole mind/personality.

I meant that as in , Alien X could have been used to engage other super-powerful beings like Diagon , or Advaita .

I know about the Aggregor plot , and its strange that when Kevin suggested to Ben to transform to Alien X (when they were trapped by Darkstar), he refused because he was afraid that Darkstar could absorb it , and become unstoppable with the power .

dmills

Too powerful.

KingD19
I meant that as in , Alien X could have been used to engage other super-powerful beings like Diagon , or Advaita .

I know about the Aggregor plot , and its strange that when Kevin suggested to Ben to transform to Alien X (when they were trapped by Darkstar), he refused because he was afraid that Darkstar could absorb it , and become unstoppable with the power .

Well, again, Alien X was easily more powerful than The Dagon. It was like, Molecule Man against Living Tribunal. But you had Reason(Ben), Passion/Love(Serena), and Rage/Aggression(Bellicus). And unless they were unanimous, they didn't do shit. They literally floated there. So Dagon would have been free to wreck shop until they came to a consensus. As for Darkstar, he was shown to absorb anything; he potentially could have absorbed a portion of a Celestialsapien. He did drain Charmcaster and she was basically God in the mana realm.

TheGodKiller
Well, again, Alien X was easily more powerful than The Dagon. It was like, Molecule Man against Living Tribunal. But you had Reason(Ben), Passion/Love(Serena), and Rage/Aggression(Bellicus). And unless they were unanimous, they didn't do shit. They literally floated there. So Dagon would have been free to wreck shop until they came to a consensus. As for Darkstar, he was shown to absorb anything; he potentially could have absorbed a portion of a Celestialsapien. He did drain Charmcaster and she was basically God in the mana realm.

I do recall Dwayne McDuffie saying that Celestialsapiens aren't gods , they aren't even "close" .
Diagon was referenced as a god by Paradox , was he not ?

KingD19
I don't even remember Paradox mentioning him. Haven't seen that episode in a while I guess. But If you think about it, the only thing hindering them is their decision process. Dagon for all his power didn't do much except walk over Ben's aliens and make some weather. The Esoterica Planet was a nice feat though.

Gecko4lif
What about that race whose child toy was gonna blow up the galaxy?

TheGodKiller
What about that race whose child toy was gonna blow up the galaxy?

The Naljians ? They didn't show much , apart from the fact thatthey are EXTREMELY long-lived(3 million years is toddler age for them) their technology is so uber , that even a child Naljian's toy is more advanced than the Omnitrix .

iceman24567
Originally posted by SamZED
That some kind of american slang im not familliar with? Like "Cant take me, *****! You aint got no sistah!"
LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/yes.gif

KingD19
They didn't show much, but could easily be stronger than anything in the show, even Dagon. He was simply from another dimension. They could perceive existence in more than 20 dimensions. One said there were only 26 that matter. And like GK said, the toy was level 20+ tech(it's not even got a classification that high in the normal universe), and the Omnitrix maxed out at 20.

CosmicComet
The Omnitrix self-destructing after charging up a few days would have destroyed the universe btw.

And this was stated both in the original series, and in the final Episode of Alien Force.

Tony Stark

The THING has thrown a spaceship into orbit.

DarkSaint85

Superman.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/12/3/1259860285437/TROLLS---1992-001.jpg

NemeBro

Ill wait for the list *****. Way Big. 131

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Tony Stark
The THING has thrown a spaceship into orbit.
Wtf

When was this
Originally posted by NemeBro
Way Big. 131
You little mynx

JayDaDon
Pretty sure rogue has done it as well.

KingD19
Well no matter what Thing or Rogue did, it doesn't beat the feat of Way Big launching that garbage monster into the sun from Earth.

CosmicComet
I just rememebered a great 'strength' feat Goop had as well.

He pulled an entire planet made of water--minus the solid core, back together after being sucked through gravity stabilizer and atomized across the entire planet.

dmills
I just rememebered a great 'strength' feat Goop had as well.

He pulled an entire planet made of water--minus the solid core, back together after being sucked through gravity stabilizer and atomized across the entire planet.

thumb up Loved that episode.

Flyattractor
Ben 10 in any version is an idiot that gets his wins handed to him.
The Thing can take him,

marwash22
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Ben 10 in any version is an idiot that gets his wins handed to him.
The Thing can take him, kid version, sure, but Thing ain't beating "Ultimate Alien" Ben.

KingD19
Actually, Alien Force Ben 10 and Ultimate Alien Ben 10 are pretty damn smart and have on multiple occasions come up with plans that utilize enemy weaknesses, structures, all that stuff.

dmills
Grimm isn't winning here. Better have him fight Generator Rex or something lol.

CosmicComet
That would be a much better match.

marwash22
errr, Rex was quite literally God at one point in the show.

KingD19
Yeah, when Rex had the Alpha Nanite, or Omega, whatever one it was.

But even without it, in the first episode he took down a building sized creature with no effort.

He's also taken down some pretty big creatures int he show, and his energy weapons(axes, etc...) could do some real damage.

dmills
Originally posted by marwash22
errr, Rex was quite literally God at one point in the show.

Really? I never got past the first few episodes. Just couldn't get into that show for some reason.

KingD19
Yeah, he gained control of one or a few of several nanites that control forces of the universe.

CosmicComet
It's an outside amp.

That's why I didn't mentally count it.

dmills
Ben turns into little man for the win.

ColossusGrundy
Ben 10 will soon be a distant memory in the minds of adults who fell victim to the likes of Yu-Gi-Oh and the like.

Ben Grimm will still be clobberin' long after this has passed.

Grimm 8/10 in the fight, cuz he can fight with anyone.. and 10/10 in the lasting fight, seeing as how Ben-10 is the "current flavor".

KingD19
You obviously never watched Ben 10, as he has several aliens who can wipe the floor with Ben. Eon, Way Big, Ultimate Way Big, Armordrillo, the list goes on. And Thing is a comic character, to compare comics against a cartoon as a medium is biased. Of course print can last longer than animation. And Thing has been around since the early 60's, whereas Ben 10 has 3, soon to be 4 iterations.

The Blue Eyed Ever Lovin' Thing gets beaten black and blue.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Ben 10 will soon be a distant memory in the minds of adults who fell victim to the likes of Yu-Gi-Oh and the like.

Ben Grimm will still be clobberin' long after this has passed.

Grimm 8/10 in the fight, cuz he can fight with anyone.. and 10/10 in the lasting fight, seeing as how Ben-10 is the "current flavor".

Useless post is useless.

Also, Ben is a better character than the entire F4.

JakeTheBank
Also, Ben is a better character than the entire F4.

CosmicComet
He absolutely is. Thanks to Dwayne Mcduffie.

He's more heroic and selfless than anyone in the F4--save perhaps Ben Grimm himself, knows what's its like to have ultimate power personally and give it up at the drop of a dime, and has had more character development across 6 years than the stagnating F4 shit bags have had across decades.

ColossusGrundy
You obviously never watched Ben 10, as he has several aliens who can wipe the floor with Ben. Eon, Way Big, Ultimate Way Big, Armordrillo, the list goes on. And Thing is a comic character, to compare comics against a cartoon as a medium is biased. Of course print can last longer than animation. And Thing has been around since the early 60's, whereas Ben 10 has 3, soon to be 4 iterations.

The Blue Eyed Ever Lovin' Thing gets beaten black and blue.

Sounds like a Ben-10 fan...

yes I've seen the show... Thing beats the snot out of Ben-10 while he's explaining how he's going to fight to his two buddies.

CosmicComet
Useless post is useless.

BlackZero30x
ben 10 because he has Humungasaur or possibly the diamond guy. Or Gray matter the really small really smart one ....I cant remember all the names.

KingD19
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Sounds like a Ben-10 fan...

yes I've seen the show... Thing beats the snot out of Ben-10 while he's explaining how he's going to fight to his two buddies.

I'm a fan, but I'm also logical in my arguments. You didn't counter a single one.

How does Ben beat Eon? A being who manipulates time and can age him millions of years in a moment?

How does he beat Way Big? A multiple hundreds of feet tall alien who can easily hurl him into space? Into the sun?

How does he beat Armordrillo? A being who tunnels through rock like people walk on the sidewalk? Who can shake him apart, who took a bomb that's output was infinitely more than what Ben can produce?

How does he beat N-R-G? A being made purely of radioactive energy?

I can go on.

I like Thing; he's one of the best parts about the FF. But he's simply outmatched by an opponent with an incredible amount of versatility beyond super strength and durability.

TheGodKiller

Not soon to be , definitely to be . In the next week , the first episode of Omniverse is going to be aired .

dmills
I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm just getting to Dagon breaking the barrier.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by dmills
I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm just getting to Dagon breaking the barrier.
Vilgax steals his power in the coming episodes . Also , Ultimate Way Big makes his debut .

Bentley
People, it all comes down to the Heart Force...

KingD19
Ben has shown just as much heart as Thing several times in each of his series.

carver9
Someone should make a Captain America (no shield) vs Mr. Satan fight.

Lek Kuen
It's safer without DBZ until an all versus forum is made

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.