About destroying universes.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thorthor
I have a question: When in comics someone destroys a universe, or galaxy, or multiverse, do they actually destroy "space" itself. And do they destroy matter and energy because from the laws of physics matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

pym-ftw
Most times its all matter in the ____.

Destroyed realitys seem to be collapsed upon themselves

Sin I AM
IMO just matter and energy..the "space" still exists its just nothing there

thorthor
Originally posted by Sin I AM
IMO just matter and energy..the "space" still exists its just nothing there

Okay, but can you show me some proof of this.

-Pr-
Originally posted by thorthor
Okay, but can you show me some proof of this.

You want us to prove the existence of nothingness?

MF DELPH
Well, a good example would be from The Jaspers Warp arc where the universe of Earth-238 is nullified and leaves an empty void of "unspace" that The Fury just floats in, but not all universal destruction events are like that (for example, Monarch's armor breach and the resulting destruction of the universe he was present in).

thorthor
Originally posted by -Pr-
You want us to prove the existence of nothingness?

It's a comic for crying out loud, of course if what you say is true, there would be proof.

Rao Kal El
I have a question: When in comics someone destroys a universe, or galaxy, or multiverse, do they actually destroy "space" itself. And do they destroy matter and energy because from the laws of physics matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

Laws of physics matter and energy do not apply at those power levels.

h1a8

'Destroyed' has several definitions.
1. To annihilate completely with no remnants left.
2. To break or warp in such a way as to make something not functional of it's definition anymore.

For example, Odin with his fights with others have destroyed galaxies by shattering them (definition 2.).

But we know that most characters destroying universes (not all) just managed to only destroy the matter and energy in the universe but not the space itself since we still see their matter based corporal being left. Without space, matter can't exist. So the fact that we see them in a matter based corporal form PROVES that ALL of space wasn't destroyed (maybe most of space or some of it or non of it).

Now others here (not you) are thinking space is nothingness. That's not true. The moment of the big bang there was no space at all. Since the big bang, space (the universe) has been expanding. Within space is also time (space-time) so without space time cannot exist either. Think of space as a kind of blob of water in which all matter resides in. This water DOES have physical properties (such as the permittivity of free space which definies most if not all of the physics in the universe, such as the speed of light).

thorthor
Originally posted by h1a8
'Destroyed' has several definitions.
1. To annihilate completely with no remnants left.
2. To break or warp in such a way as to make something not functional of it's definition anymore.

For example, Odin with his fights with others have destroyed galaxies by shattering them (definition 2.).

But we know that most characters destroying universes (not all) just managed to only destroy the matter and energy in the universe but not the space itself since we still see their matter based corporal being left. Without space, matter can't exist. So the fact that we see them in a matter based corporal form PROVES that ALL of space wasn't destroyed (maybe most of space or some of it or non of it).

Now others here (not you) are thinking space is nothingness. That's not true. The moment of the big bang there was no space at all. Since the big bang, space (the universe) has been expanding. Within space is also time (space-time) so without space time cannot exist either. Think of space as a kind of blob of water in which all matter resides in. This water DOES have physical properties (such as the permittivity of free space which definies most if not all of the physics in the universe, such as the speed of light).

That makes sense..... Thanks.

Badabing
I have a question: When in comics someone destroys a universe, or galaxy, or multiverse, do they actually destroy "space" itself. And do they destroy matter and energy because from the laws of physics matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Use this thread for questions:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html

This is a vs forum only. Thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.