Cyclops vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Current amped Cyclops vs Pre-Reboot Superman .

No bfring...who win?

Estacado
Superman will do better then Gladiator for sure...

Cogito
^ True that

carver9
No he wouldn't now who wins here?

cdtm
He'd probably remember his super speed. sad

CosmicComet
As usual, Superman via speed blitz.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet
As usual, Superman via speed blitz.

Or hv, super breath, thunder clap.

Either way, he's faster than Cyke.

"Id"
Scott pinches his blood vessels, while he violates his mind.

/end

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Or hv, super breath, thunder clap.

Either way, he's faster than Cyke.

So much wrong with this post.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by "Id"

/end

Scott won't have time to think.

carver9
Scott won't have time to think.

OMG

cdtm
Originally posted by "Id"

/end

He'd need proof of being on a higher level than Manchester Black or Brainiac/The Union and his other TP/TK villains.

And even they couldn't flash KO him. Supes could take him out while Cyke is trying to give him a stroke.

This is if Supes didn't use his super speed and just take him down.

CosmicComet
Problem?

The Sorrow
Cyclops convincingly.

Endless Mike
I think Cyclops but I still say his showing against Thor was PIS/Jobbing from the thunder god

"Id"
Problem?

Supermans down.

He was flashed koed by his Optic Blast

ODG
Phoenix Cyclops. And it's as much, if not moreso, decisive as when Phoenix Cyclops dismissed Thor.

nwg202
Judging by what Emma did, Scott should be able to reform from any damage supes does to him. Shattering Emma completely didn't work. I don't think supes would be able to own Thor like that too...

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ODG
Phoenix Cyclops. And it's as much, if not moreso, decisive as when Phoenix Cyclops dismissed Thor.

Bullshit.

Thor has been being dismissed very easily these past few months.

That Zodiac Minotaur dismissed Thor just as if not more easily as of late.

Thor's stock has gone down, and he's never been Superman to begin with. He's definitely not the main show now, he's the designated Worf Effect recipient.

Beating Thor easily at the moment is not very impressive. It has become saturated and lost its value.

Mshinu
Supes goes down, cosmic powered mutie ftw. Kal is just lucky he is not facing Emma, no telling what she`d to to such a pretty little boy.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Estacado
Superman will do better then Gladiator for sure... True, Cyclops would have to actually try against Superman

ODG
Bullshit.

Thor has been being dismissed very easily these past few months.

That Zodiac Minotaur dismissed Thor just as if not more easily as of late.

Thor's stock has gone down, and he's never been Superman to begin with. He's definitely not the main show now, he's the designated Worf Effect recipient.

Beating Thor easily at the moment is not very impressive. It has become saturated and lost its value. Superman encounters beatdowns all the time. More consistently than Thor has throughout his career. Being a constant member of DC's premier team, being in just about every single DC event, and having to carry multiple solo books simultaneously will do that to you. Anytime a DC villain/hero gets his heyday, it's very often at Superman's expense.

But then again, it could actually just be a testament to that foe's power and not that Superman "sucks." Which is a notion that has been put forth (and with good reason) by many Superman fans not so long ago.

Of course, I find your current position not ironic at all as a Superman fan.

Phoenix Cyclops has clearly demonstrated the physicality and sheer power to dismiss Thor. Superman would get romped just as much, if not moreso.

Jynocidus
i'd go with the mutie leader for a slight majority. i wouldnt argue if someone said split until we see more though

BruceSkywalker
Haven't read much of AVX so has Scot w/phoenix powers done anything worth while?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado
Superman will do better then Gladiator for sure...

thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
thumb up

No he won't.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
No he won't.

Yes, he will. Superman being superior lends to the belief that he would do better. It's logic, really.

carver9
Yes, he will. Superman being superior lends to the belief that he would do better. It's logic, really.

To each his own.

-Pr-
To each his own.

And my own is right.

h1a8
at first I though you all were on drugs when I seen this thread.
I said, "Cyclops as in Scott Summers vs. Superman, really?"

Then I heard Phoenix force within him or something then I said,

"Ok that makes sense now."

what issues is this cyclops in?

abhilegend
Superman would do better than both thor and gladiator. Lulz at ODG.

country1000
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman would do better than both thor and gladiator. Lulz at ODG. No he would not. Superman is not as strong as gladiator and sure as hell is not combat equal. Thor with his powers make superman look like a child in comparison. Cyclops would have no trouble at all crushing superman. Thor and gladiator are both superior to superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by country1000
No he would not. Superman is not as strong as gladiator and sure as hell is not combat equal. Thor with his powers make superman look like a child in comparison. Cyclops would have no trouble at all crushing superman. Thor and gladiator are both superior to superman.
Oh he would. Superman is superior to both thor and gladiator in strength. Thor just lost to Rachel summers of all people and gladiator's 90% appearances is him getting his ass whooped.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Haven't read much of AVX so has Scot w/phoenix powers done anything worth while? He beat thor and gladiator

zopzop
Thor just lost to Rachel summers of all people
In Thor's defense, have you seen how she's being written? She's a goddamn beast in this crossover.

EDIT
And he didn't lose, he was down then P5 Namor jumped in.

country1000
Oh he would. Superman is superior to both thor and gladiator in strength. Thor just lost to Rachel summers of all people and gladiator's 90% appearances is him getting his ass whooped. Spoken like a true superman fan. Too bad writers ( ones my cousin ) and people with knowledge of characters think different, but before the rest of supermans followers come ranting, lets just leave this one alone.

abhilegend
Oh looks like some thor fanboys are still trying to save face for asgardian godjobber. How noble!

Colossus-Big C
Oh looks like some thor fanboys are still trying to save face for asgardian godjobber. How noble!

Superman>Gladiator

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
In Thor's defense, have you seen how she's being written? She's a goddamn beast in this crossover.

EDIT
And he didn't lose, he was down then P5 Namor jumped in.
Who else did she beat? Thor losing in a hammer fight with RACHEL SUMMERS? You think someone like her is gonna outpunch superman in an event then you are hilarious.Originally posted by country1000
Spoken like a true superman fan. Too bad writers ( ones my cousin ) and people with knowledge of characters think different, but before the rest of supermans followers come ranting, lets just leave this one alone.
Concession accepted.Go back to that writer cousin on cbr.

-Pr-
Spoken like a true superman fan. Too bad writers ( ones my cousin ) and people with knowledge of characters think different, but before the rest of supermans followers come ranting, lets just leave this one alone.

How about you stop making false claims and actually set your bias aside for once?

Stop it.

country1000
Who else did she beat? Thor losing in a hammer fight with RACHEL SUMMERS? You think someone like her is gonna outpunch superman in an event then you are hilarious.
Concession accepted.Go back to that writer cousin(:lolsmile on cbr. You would get more respect if superman was not all over your page and sig. People know you will pick superman before you even type one word.

-Pr-
You would get more respect if superman was not all over your page and sig. People know you will pick superman before you even type one word.

And people know you'll hate on Superman as soon as they see your name on a post.

People in glass houses, etc.

abhilegend
You would get more respect if superman was not all over your page and sig. People know you will pick superman before you even type one word.
I have a sig and avi of superman. Doesn't makes me a fanboy when you are one without any of it.

h1a8
what issue did cyclops encounter thor and gladiator?

eaebiakuya
Since cyclops fighted against Gladiator, he would be able to fight against guys with super speed right? For me it is clear he has super speed reflexes.

DarkSaint85
I have a sig and avi of superman. Doesn't makes me a fanboy when you are one without any of it.

Im just lucky my character is never used.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Im just lucky my character is never used.
LIES. You are a constantine fanboy!!11

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
what issue did cyclops encounter thor and gladiator?

Cyclops Vs Thor was AVX #3. Cyclops Vs Gladiator was Wolverine and the X-Men #13.

country1000
And people know you'll hate on Superman as soon as they see your name on a post.

People in glass houses, etc. If i look at a thread and pick a character other than superman, that does not make me a superman hater. Superman is not a freaking unbeatable character. I just like millions of other people know who can and cannot beat superman and will make my decision based on that. You yourself have said that gladiator was superior to superman. I read it. I can show it to you if its still there. I am not trying to be rude, but you appear quite often when carver or myself give our opinion about superman, but nowhere to be seen when superman fans go overboard with his abilities. Tell me this, what makes you right when you give your opinion?

DarkSaint85
If i look at a thread and pick a character other than superman, that does not make me a superman hater. Superman is not a freaking unbeatable character. I just like millions of other people know who can and cannot beat superman and will make my decision based on that. You yourself have said that gladiator was superior to superman. I read it. I can show it to you if its still there. I am not trying to be rude, but you appear quite often when carver or myself give our opinion about superman, but nowhere to be seen when superman fans go overboard with his abilities. Tell me this, what makes you right when you give your opinion?

The fact he argues against carve?

Also, for this thread, Scott wins. Btw, do you guys think his other abilities were amped? I mean, he's not suddenly displaying super strength, has he?

Harbinger
You yourself have said that gladiator was superior to superman. I read it. https://images.nonexiste.net/popular/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/WUT.png

-Pr-
If i look at a thread and pick a character other than superman, that does not make me a superman hater.

Nobody said it did.

Nobody said he was.

If i ever said that, i was wrong/misinformed. But please, show me where I said that.

second, i do come down on superman fans too. we've actually banned more dc fans than marvel ones since i've been mod.

heck, i actually told one to quit it not five minutes ago.

Disliking a character doesn't influence my decision to the point that I make false claims about them. I don't disregard things that have happened on panel, or flat out say they never happened. That's the difference.

In the end, though, it's only my opinion. Someone having an opinion isn't a problem. It's trolling that's the problem.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Since cyclops fighted against Gladiator, he would be able to fight against guys with super speed right? For me it is clear he has super speed reflexes.

No.

It means nothing.

Gladiator has been hit by the likes of Colossus and Wolverine. Both guys, who by feats, are millions of times slower in reflexes.

Hitting a speedster by itself doesn't mean anything in comics, because, well, comics are stupid, and their writers too lazy to think of an explanation or work around for high tier speedster characters, so they just conveniently have them 'forget' their speeds at times--Afterall, where's the sense of conflict if Barry Allen just flicks Captain Cold over the horizon by just walking up to him while he's a complete statue relative to Barry's perception?

He could do that, in a forum, no problem though.

DarkSaint85
Yeah I call bs on that as well, it's abhilegend, after all!

As someone once said about him, apparently, in India, they have sliced bread, then they have Superman....

abhilegend
Yeah I call bs on that as well, it's abhilegend, after all!

As someone once said about him, apparently, in India, they have sliced bread, then they have Superman....
Low blow bro, low blow.

CosmicComet
Didn't even know India had American comics before Abhi.

haermm

JakeTheBank
lmao

abhilegend
Didn't even know India had American comics before Abhi.

haermm
I have a subscription. You are also an Indian, aren't you? Where do you live?

Glorificus
Phoenix Cyke.

CosmicComet
I have a subscription. You are also an Indian, aren't you? Where do you live?

In the deep south of America.

haermm

DarkSaint85
Abhi, forget it, he's the wrong caste for you.

CosmicComet

laughing out loud

abhilegend
laughing

h1a8
Cyclops Vs Thor was AVX #3. Cyclops Vs Gladiator was Wolverine and the X-Men #13.

Thanks!

Cyclops vs. Thor was in AVX #6 (not #3).

Cyclops stopped a full swing of Thor's with his pinky finger. Wow what power and durability that took.

Actually Glads was doing well against Cyke, he was matching him well and even got a good hit or two on him. That is evidence (not complete proof) that Glads is NOW possibly stronger than Thor by a bit.

But it was bogus how it took two of them to beat Glads down. That was unfair.

-Pr-
Thanks!

Cyclops vs. Thor was in AVX #6 (not #3).

Cyclops stopped a full swing of Thor's with his pinky finger. Wow what power and durability that took.

Actually Glads was doing well against Cyke, he was matching him well and even got a good hit or two on him. That is evidence (not complete proof) that Glads is NOW possibly stronger than Thor by a bit.

But it was bogus how it took two of them to beat Glads down. That was unfair.

I don't agree at all tbh.

h1a8
I don't agree at all tbh.

You don't agree with the writer (bad writing maybe?) Who knows how strong Gladiator is nowadays. Thing's strength has improved greatly too. Now he has an edge over a regular Namor when back in the day Namor always had the edge against him.

Well, Cyke did stop the hammer swing with just a finger. Thor went, "uuff" as in someone stopping him dead cold. Glads actually tackled Cyke well and jarred Cyke from a hit. This is definitely evidence that Glads is now much stronger than Thor (Although it's a one off feat we will never see Thor shatter a planet with his bare fists, with the hammer maybe though).

IMO, to make them peers Glads should be stronger and faster and Thor should be more versatile. It makes sense, otherwise Glads would be far inferior to Thor if Thor was just as strong as Glads.

keiththegreat
I'm positive Glads is currently stronger than Thor. By A LOT, if I had to guess.

-Pr-
You don't agree with the writer (bad writing maybe?) Who knows how strong Gladiator is nowadays. Thing's strength has improved greatly too. Now he has an edge over a regular Namor when back in the day Namor always had the edge against him.

Well, Cyke did stop the hammer swing with just a finger. Thor went, "uuff" as in someone stopping him dead cold. Glads actually tackled Cyke well and jarred Cyke from a hit. This is definitely evidence that Glads is now much stronger than Thor (Although it's a one off feat we will never see Thor shatter a planet with his bare fists, with the hammer maybe though).

IMO, to make them peers Glads should be stronger and faster and Thor should be more versatile. It makes sense, otherwise Glads would be far inferior to Thor if Thor was just as strong as Glads.

I don't agree with your interpretation of how things went down in the Gladiator fight.

carver9
I don't agree with your interpretation of how things went down in the Gladiator fight.

Of course you don't. embarrasment

-Pr-
Of course you don't. embarrasment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/gifs/gusbro.gif

Nietzschean
50/50

if superman realizes early on to use speed blitz and be unrelenting.

Zack Fair
LoL@Superman doing worse than Thor

Jynocidus
mega optic cosmic phoenix fire blast ftw

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Nietzschean
50/50

if superman realizes early on to use speed blitz and be unrelenting.

And that does what? Scott reforms and tells Clark to get off his lawn PF style

rotiart
Originally posted by pym-ftw
And that does what? Scott reforms and tells Clark to get off his lawn PF style

Scott can reform?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by rotiart
Scott can reform? Emma can, they all have the same power

abhilegend
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Emma can, they all have the same power
No, they don't.

Colossus-Big C
No, they don't. They each have 1/5 so in theory colossus can manafest eye beams, cyclops can reform like emma etc

Hyperion Prime
Man the X-Men used to be so great. They are just pitiful anymore.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
They each have 1/5 so in theory colossus can manafest eye beams, cyclops can reform like emma etc Originally posted by abhilegend
No, they don't.

pym-ftw
Emma can't reform normally its a phoenix power

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Emma can't reform normally its a phoenix power Which is what im trying to tell this guy.

The Sorrow
Pretty sure I recall Namor was able reform/heal after being almost destroyed by Wanda, and didn't Cyclops create Jean Grey literally from dust? Manipulating molecules on some scale seems well within their power.

-Pr-
No, they don't.

Why not?

cdtm
Why not?

Probably the same reason heralds of Galactus don't, even though they all have the power cosmic.

Even higher GL feats don't apply for all GL's, only the GL's who prove they have the capacity for those feats.

rotiart
Emma reformed while in diamond form. It's not necessarily an ability held by the others. I don't see cyclops turning to diamond.... Or manor getting steel skin like colossus... Just cause they are connected through the Phoenix force doesn't connect all their inherent abilities.

pym-ftw
^but she's never done it before

Ok, so you think reforming is a part of her diamond powerset?

h1a8
I thought it was understood that with the phoenix force one can reform. Isn't the phoenix force all about Life?

ODG
Originally posted by rotiart
Emma reformed while in diamond form. It's not necessarily an ability held by the others. I don't see cyclops turning to diamond.... Or manor getting steel skin like colossus... Just cause they are connected through the Phoenix force doesn't connect all their inherent abilities. I don't believe Phoenix Emma reforming herself is just a result of having a natural diamond morphing power. There are two reasons:

1) Yes, if she's carefully constructed back together, she can be coaxed out of the diamond form and reanimate. But Emma can't reform on her own because she has no natural telekinesis. Furthermore, she accomplished this even though she isn't supposed to have any mental powers while in diamond form.

2) Emma also healed herself when she was skewered by Warbird's sword (which also detonated inside her) in human form. Here, it's obvious that reforming/healing herself instantly didn't have anything to do with her diamond morphing.

Based on that, Emma reforming must be a display of telekinesis at the atomic level. Which Scott also displayed when he manifested Jean Grey out of moon dust. And whomever healed an incinerated Hawkeye displayed it as well.

Each of the Phoenix Five has omega level telepathy, telekinesis and pyrokinesis. Which is in line with past Phoenix avatars. And apparently, the Phoenix Five's telekinesis is at such high level that they can heal all bodily wounds, even those that would surely be fatal.

nwg202
Why would regen and healing only apply to Emma? She never displayed that ability w/o the phoenix force. They all have 1/5 of the PF. w/o the pf Colossus and Magik has displayed healing and regen...so now they can't? Emma is displaying a power she never had before,just like flying... no reason to think Scott can't do the same thing.

ODG
Originally posted by nwg202
Why would regen and healing only apply to Emma? She never displayed that ability w/o the phoenix force. They all have 1/5 of the PF. w/o the pf Colossus and Magik has displayed healing and regen...so now they can't? Emma is displaying a power she never had before,just like flying... no reason to think Scott can't do the same thing. thumb up

Re-reading it, Scott's the one that actually healed charbroiled Hawkeye in Avengers/X-Men #7. He's floating in a meditative position lecturing Emma while the other four are standing/sitting around indifferently.

Colossus-Big C
Also colossus telepathically spoke to some electricity beings iirc

ODG
^ I don't think anybody is arguing against the Phoenix Five having telepathy, flight or pyrokinesis for that matter. Obviously they all do just from their very first appearance. The only issue is whether they have healing abilities or atomic telekinesis/matter manipulation capable of simulating healing.

Anyway, Cyclops still dominates this match until the Phoenix Five start getting some low showings. They're individually beyond high heralds at this point by a fair margin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.