Delta Force vs Seal Team 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
What is the difference between the two in terms of operations and who is better at counterterrorism and/or direct action?

Ascendancy
Spetsnaz.

Lestov16
I mean amongst US Tier 1 SMU's, who are better?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Spetsnaz.

Lol no.

Ascendancy
Come on. Spetznaz can do breakfalls and come up and still put a round through a target's eye with a scoped rifle, arguably have the most intense training regimen of any spec ops unit, and they'll kill hostages to take the win (Moscow theater).

As to the real question of the thread now that I'm done with my silly tangent, I believe that a S.E.A.L. team would be the more likely of the two to be utilized in a hostage rescue or specific interdiction situation depending on the size of the opposing force. This is only going off the top of my head but IIRC Delta is used for special operations in which the Army already has some type of mission role in theater and Delta can further those current actions, where as S.E.A.L.s are more "independent" operators, pulled in for specific strikes. Their most recent highlighted stories of S.E.A.L. action were the killing of Bin Laden and two separate rescues of hostages from Somali pirates. Of course I've heard from a Delta operator that if you know about a Delta operation then they didn't do their job right =p

Mindset
You gave 2 vague scenarios.

Lestov16
I mean how are their operations different, and who is more "elite" (i.e. better trained)?

Ascendancy
In general I see British SAS described as having the most intense training of any special operations group, followed by S.E.A.L.s. This is in terms of open discussion though.

I was looking more into this and apparently Delta is not even an official entity as far as the U.S. Government is concerned so there is a lot less info on the specifics of what they do. The only missions I saw in my perusing that were attributed to Delta don't go beyond the early nineties or so. Some people were speculating here and there that at times Delta operations are attributed to other groups. Saw a little tidbit from the book Inside Delta Force that "The Unit" was based on mentioning that part of training includes work on 100% marksmanship accuracy among some other ridiculous measures of combat. They are also pulled from every branch of the military.

Found out as well that Team 6 is actually comprised of selected operators from other S.E.A.L. teams who then receive additional specialized training.

Anyway, to cut all this short, after doing a bit more reading I would say that when it comes to who would be chosen for an operation it would simply depend on who's in theater and what resources are needed. Doesn't appear that one or the other is more "elite" than the other, especially as a Delta group could easily contain S.E.A.L.s and anyone in the unit would be expected to pull his own weight.

Robtard
The S.A.S. win.

Mindset
No they don't.

Ascendancy
I left this out because I didn't want to present such an uber badass force, but:
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0803/the-canadian-navy-canadian-navy-demotivational-poster-1207017857.jpg

On the real though, a Canadian sniper does hold the record for second longest confirmed kill at just over a mile-and-a-half.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Ascendancy

On the real though, a Canadian sniper does hold the record for second longest confirmed kill at just over a mile-and-a-half.
That's called second place, not a record. stick out tongue

Ascendancy
Hah, you got me.
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh23/srtrip08/Jon%20S%20pics/wellplayed-FRY-3.jpg

I did a quick edit after I searched to confirm the distance and saw he was second best but didn't fix it all. You've won this time, Batman, but I'll be back!

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
No they don't.

They do.

Mindset
..not.

Robtard
...lose here.

Mindset
..because they are too scared to fight.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
..because they are too scared to fight.

TM-G0bkl8MQ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.