Gladiator vs Thing, Namor, Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Classic version of all characters.
No bfr.

Round 1 - anything goes.
Round 2 - h2h only.

tkitna
Gladiator in both and I dont want to here about how Colossus went toe to toe with him in the Dark Phoenix Saga.

The Sorrow
Glads stomps round one, if the 2nd round is hth only no speed he overcomes the trio with moderate difficulty.

abhilegend
Team in h2h. Gladiator if all powers are in play.

red sabre
Originally posted by abhilegend

-Pr-
Namor to me is the biggest obstacle, but if he can fight smart, then yeah Glads'll take it.

Unless this is Juggerlossus.

nwg202
Assuming this is Classic Colossus

Round 1 glads
Round 2 glads, but wouldn't surprise me if the team pulls a few wins.

Estacado
Originally posted by -Pr-
Namor to me is the biggest obstacle, but if he can fight smart, then yeah Glads'll take it.

Unless this is Juggerlossus.
Then you clearly havent read AVX.

red sabre
thing and namor can take turns at using colossus as a club to pound gladiator.

Sin I AM
What feats does glads have that make u all think he so easily dispatches three bricks

red sabre
thats the thing he doesnt.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado
Then you clearly havent read AVX.

I have, funnily enough. I just don't buy it.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
What feats does glads have that make u all think he so easily dispatches three bricks

Glads is a legitimate mid/high herald, with speed, strength and ranged abilities that will make him an absolute pain for this team to deal with.

red sabre

Glads is a legitimate mid/high herald, with speed, strength and ranged abilities that will make him an absolute pain for this team to deal with.

considering the fact he lost to any high herald he fought against i wouldnt put him in that category, i think glads is a mid herald however taking all those 3 at the same time is too much for him IMO, with all the powers involved he can pull it off however only H2H? they take him down

-Pr-
h2h only still allows reflexes, doesn't it?

Sin I AM

What has he done though? I mean this is thing colossus and namor...in a forum setting glads would be hard pressed to win even with speed amd he's not oneshotting anyone here

abhilegend
Namor has an even record against hulk in their two dozen+ fights, has battled thor nearly evenly in their 5 fights, has gained advantage over immortal hercules in a direct contest of strength, battled black bolt evenly who overpowered gladiator and has battled nearly every powerhouse in MU and has done well. For better analysis go here
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php?topic=211938.0

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What has he done though? I mean this is thing colossus and namor...in a forum setting glads would be hard pressed to win even with speed amd he's not oneshotting anyone here

thing and colossus (unless he's cyttorak) aren't going to be huge factors here. The most they're going to offer is a distraction or a punching bag for Glads.

with speed gladiator would just fly right through them with little to no hesitation. with speed he'd walk all over them.

he doesn't have to one-shot anyone to beat them, and you have to consider the actual damage dealing ability of people like thing and colossus; it just isn't that spectacular against someone like gladiator.

Estacado

Im really surprised that the sales are that high...Imo it's the crappiest event in atleast 5 years.ermm

red sabre
h2h only still allows reflexes, doesn't it?

do you believe gladiator to have such a superior reflex pack that it will overcome the 3 of them combined attacking him ? i dont think so

red sabre
thing and colossus (unless he's cyttorak) aren't going to be huge factors here. The most they're going to offer is a distraction or a punching bag for Glads.

with speed gladiator would just fly right through them with little to no hesitation. with speed he'd walk all over them.

he doesn't have to one-shot anyone to beat them, and you have to consider the actual damage dealing ability of people like thing and colossus; it just isn't that spectacular against someone like gladiator.

Pr you dont give the trio their respect, colossus alone gave gladiator a nice fight in the past, colossus thing and namor are just too much for him to handle, what feats does he have to suggest he will just walk over them? he goes down everytime he fights a top guy like hulk thor or black bolt, if anything namor actually did better than him in fights vs the top dogs, i actually think gladiator could beat namor even in only H2H however with thing and colossus on his side the 3 of them will take gladiator in H2H

red sabre
colossus and thing can just hold him off and i promise you he wont break out of it, and namor will just pound on his face until he will be just a bloody mess

Sin I AM
I agree with red, glads has a horrible track record and these three with mop the floor with him

The Sorrow
Originally posted by red sabre
colossus and thing can just hold him off and i promise you he wont break out of it, and namor will just pound on his face until he will be just a bloody mess
Lol, stop lowballing. Things strength is nothing to Gladiator they have already fought, the only notable threat is Namor and while he has a decent record against top tiers, ultimately he is outclassed here.

Gladiator gets no respect because he simply isn't as important as guys like Superman, Hulk, Thor etc, even though jobbing aside, his powers/abilities clearly put him in the high herald range. Compared to his peers he has very limited appearances which is why lacks he the depth of feats the other top heralds do, but he is certainly above the likes of classic Thing and Colossus.

Colossus-Big C
Gladiator spite stomps. Seriously, he is a legitement planet buster no one on team two comes anywhere remotely close to that strength.

MF DELPH
Yeah, Gladiator. With his speed (which he actually uses) he should be able to control the terms of combat in either scenario, and he certainly has the power to drop and of his opponents (not one shot, but with accumulated damage).

Hyperion Prime
This is spite. The Glads hatred is silly. He wins in both scenarios. With Glads strength and powerset he should win a lot more than he does. marvel just lets him lose to show people how tough said new character is. Also Marvel makes him look like crap, because he is a Superman clone.

Glorificus
Those three are pretty much statues to Gladiator.

I can't see any of them actually landing a hit on him IF he uses his speed.

Colossus-Big C
Pretty much, gladiator can move at speeds 300x the speed of light. If he doesnt want to be touch .he wont (not that these guys would even phase him)

red sabre
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Lol, stop lowballing. Things strength is nothing to Gladiator they have already fought, the only notable threat is Namor and while he has a decent record against top tiers, ultimately he is outclassed here.

Gladiator gets no respect because he simply isn't as important as guys like Superman, Hulk, Thor etc, even though jobbing aside, his powers/abilities clearly put him in the high herald range. Compared to his peers he has very limited appearances which is why lacks he the depth of feats the other top heralds do, but he is certainly above the likes of classic Thing and Colossus.

nothing to gladiator? who is lowballing now? good ol benny boy went up against anyone you want he is as tough as they get and even if he is not up there with them he can give a good fight, i never said any one of them can overpower gladiator on their own however combined they will beat him down so stop with the gladiator wanking.

its not about how importrant gladiator is its about the feats and if by feats he cant hang with the big boys on the top of the herald chain then he cant, you cant go on and cry me that they beat the shit of him every time they fight just because he is not as important as them, then what makes you think he is on their level? if feats say otherwise then what makes you believe so? your own personal wanking? we are talking about Marvel comics gladiator not "the sorrow" gladiator, and if we discuss marvel comics gladiator than he doesnt have the feats to suggest he is going to take the 3 of them in H2H alone, and yes thing and colossus together can physically overpower gladiator he didnt present anything to be far beyond them and specially not the 2 of them combined.

red sabre
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
This is spite. The Glads hatred is silly. He wins in both scenarios. With Glads strength and powerset he should win a lot more than he does. marvel just lets him lose to show people how tough said new character is. Also Marvel makes him look like crap, because he is a Superman clone.

are you listening to yourself? you are bitching about how marvel portray their character and then claim he is suppose to be more powerful? according to who? who said his powerset should be beyond the level he is portrayed? if he is constantly portrayed that way that means HE IS that way and this is his power level who are you or anyone else for that matter to come and say he should be more powerful than the goddamn writers themselves are portraying him? he is what he is and he is the punching bag of the real high heralds and therefor he is not at their level and wont be.

red sabre
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Pretty much, gladiator can move at speeds 300x the speed of light. If he doesnt want to be touch .he wont (not that these guys would even phase him)

300x of light? you are so going to have to prove it.

even then its travel speed what the hell does it have to do with fighting speed? if someone can fly at a specific levels of speed it doesnt mean he can move at that level of speed by overall combat or action movement, gladiator maybe faster than each of them but not to the point they are statues to him who ever said that is an idiot, and specially with namor on the team who got great speed feats under his belt and who easily went up against top dogs with superhuman speed, gladiator's speed never gave him any advantage that stopped him from getting his ass kicked by the likes of hulk thor and black bolt so leave that "speedblitz" crap to yourself.

StiltmanFTW
Glads. Like Pr said, Namor is the biggest obstacle.

CosmicComet
Gladiator has reflex feats within nanoseconds.

No one on the team has that, or even comes close.

In a forum feat war, all three get their ass beat at the same time.

carver9
Gladiator is clearly being low balled here. He has already one shotted Thing. He almost took Wonderman head off with a single punch. Knocked Binary the hell out, broke Hyperion neck. Fatigued Masterson with a single punch. Split some Centrians in half with a punch. One shot Vulcan. Took out a Centurian Prime that was taking Nova Prime place with a single punch. He is getting lowballed and Gladiator STOMPS this.

red sabre
thats interesting because his "nanoseconds" reflex (which i doubt he has) never stopped him from getting slaughtered by the phoenix 5, the phoenix force didnt make colossus faster only more powerful and he was tagging gladiator just fine, same goes for namor, his reflexes never stopped from thor and from masterson owning him like a step child, never stopped freakin hulk from taking a big green crap on him, each of the characters he is facing here went up against all the super human speedsters and did just fine even if they got outmatched by speed its not to a great deal point, and specially if freakin namor is on their team.

CosmicComet
Carver, I heard from a very reliable source that Hulk is going to take out PF Namor and Cyclops soon solo.

So be happy with that. sick

red sabre
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator is clearly being low balled here. He has already one shotted Thing. He almost took Wonderman head off with a single punch. Knocked Binary the hell out, broke Hyperion neck. Fatigued Masterson with a single punch. Split some Centrians in half with a punch. One shot Vulcan. Took out a Centurian Prime that was taking Nova Prime place with a single punch. He is getting lowballed and Gladiator STOMPS this.

wow you are basically just lying how stupid is that.

carver9
What am I lying about?

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Carver, I heard from a very reliable source that Hulk is going to take out PF Namor and Cyclops soon solo.

So be happy with that. sick

Yeah, I heard that as well...I just didn't believe it. It was Namor and Cyclops that I heard about though. I will PM you a picture of me dancing if this happens...Rage as well.

red sabre
carver you are just a pathetic liar that always make shit up, twist things, twist events, making a fool out himself and knows he wont get banned, so you come into threads and make all kind of bullshit arguments expecting people to take you seriously while you are trolling them, so get lost i am not the one to take you seriously but do me a favor and stop lying and twisting events because if you cant debate a character to be better based on his real feats than whats the point of trying to help him in the first place? if masterson owned gladiator and you twist it into gladiator owning him with a punch then whats the point of this aside of being a troll? take your shit and get the phuck out of this thread because i want to see 1 hulk or gladiator thread that is being discussed properly without your trollish ass arriving and starting to talk shit.

leonidas

Colossus-Big C
300x of light? you are so going to have to prove it.

even then its travel speed what the hell does it have to do with fighting speed? if someone can fly at a specific levels of speed it doesnt mean he can move at that level of speed by overall combat or action movement, gladiator maybe faster than each of them but not to the point they are statues to him who ever said that is an idiot, and specially with namor on the team who got great speed feats under his belt and who easily went up against top dogs with superhuman speed, gladiator's speed never gave him any advantage that stopped him from getting his ass kicked by the likes of hulk thor and black bolt so leave that "speedblitz" crap to yourself. Carter has posted the scans a few times in threads

The Sorrow
nothing to gladiator? who is lowballing now? good ol benny boy went up against anyone you want he is as tough as they get and even if he is not up there with them he can give a good fight, i never said any one of them can overpower gladiator on their own however combined they will beat him down so stop with the gladiator wanking.

its not about how importrant gladiator is its about the feats and if by feats he cant hang with the big boys on the top of the herald chain then he cant, you cant go on and cry me that they beat the shit of him every time they fight just because he is not as important as them, then what makes you think he is on their level? if feats say otherwise then what makes you believe so? your own personal wanking? we are talking about Marvel comics gladiator not "the sorrow" gladiator, and if we discuss marvel comics gladiator than he doesnt have the feats to suggest he is going to take the 3 of them in H2H alone, and yes thing and colossus together can physically overpower gladiator he didnt present anything to be far beyond them and specially not the 2 of them combined.
laughing out loud

Stating facts isn't wanking a character. Ben has plenty of heart but he isn't actually a threat to most top tier heralds unless they literally try to beat him by using their face to block his punches. A guy who can move/destroy planets is far stronger than the combined might of classic Thing, Colossus and Namor.

Serious question seeing as you know so much about Glads, which top tiers have actually stomped him?

Colossus-Big C
I hate debaters like red sabre. They have to bash and insult in every post to make a point.

And he is 100% wrong.

red sabre
laughing out loud

Stating facts isn't wanking a character. Ben has plenty of heart but he isn't actually a threat to most top tier heralds unless they literally try to beat him by using their face to block his punches. A guy who can move/destroy planets is far stronger than the combined might of classic Thing, Colossus and Namor.

Serious question seeing as you know so much about Glads, which top tiers have actually stomped him?

this is not a discussion of can ben alone beat gladiator or not, this is a discussion of colossus thing and namor combined taking on him H2H, i already said that with all powers he wins, however only H2H he goes down, a guy who can move planets? prove he can move planets, destroy one? he busted some rock in space which we dont even know the size of it and suddenly he bust planets? how big was that rock planet compared to earth? get out of here.

its not about who can deal more damage its about the fact all those 3 combined with tactics and pure strength can overcome gladiator and beat the crap out of him as simple as it is, this and hulk alone were able to tear off thor's arm tear off his eye and trash him, thats the difference numbers make even when you fight guys that are inferior to you, while namor and colossus are no hulk gladiator is no thor, those 3 will overpower and kill gladiator eventually.

MF DELPH
thats interesting because his "nanoseconds" reflex (which i doubt he has) never stopped him from getting slaughtered by the phoenix 5, the phoenix force didnt make colossus faster only more powerful and he was tagging gladiator just fine, same goes for namor, his reflexes never stopped from thor and from masterson owning him like a step child, never stopped freakin hulk from taking a big green crap on him, each of the characters he is facing here went up against all the super human speedsters and did just fine even if they got outmatched by speed its not to a great deal point, and specially if freakin namor is on their team.

There's some context there, however. Gladiator sacrificed himself as a diversion to give Warbird time to extract Kid Gladiator. Why they couldn't simply teleport him out onto their ships from space and fly off, I have no idea (well, I have an idea, plot of the story), but Gladiator took on the Phoenix 5 in that manner for a reason.

Also, the reason Gladiator trades blows with slower opponents is the same reason Flash does, Superman does, Wonder Woman does, Surfer does, etc. Stories need conflict. A Superman vs. Grundy fight would suck if Supes just pummeled him at light speed before Grundy could react whenever they fought. Luckily that's not an issue here on KMC.

carver9
carver you are just a pathetic liar that always make shit up, twist things, twist events, making a fool out himself and knows he wont get banned, so you come into threads and make all kind of bullshit arguments expecting people to take you seriously while you are trolling them, so get lost i am not the one to take you seriously but do me a favor and stop lying and twisting events because if you cant debate a character to be better based on his real feats than whats the point of trying to help him in the first place? if masterson owned gladiator and you twist it into gladiator owning him with a punch then whats the point of this aside of being a troll? take your shit and get the phuck out of this thread because i want to see 1 hulk or gladiator thread that is being discussed properly without your trollish ass arriving and starting to talk shit.

I ask again, what did I lie about.?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/60603030cg2.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/123/95635323mg2.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68/61382915ge5.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/93607610ou5.jpg/

Takes out a Phoenix.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/503/88563065ri0.jpg/

Wonderman

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/116/36644588mv7.jpg/

I will be back with the Centurians scans. You don't know the character.

red sabre
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
I hate debaters like red sabre. They have to bash and insult in every post to make a point.

And he is 100% wrong.

i hate "debaters" like the hacker that hacked colossus big c's account and using it right now to post and not even debating just trying to make his opinion as a fact.

Hyperion Prime
are you listening to yourself? you are bitching about how marvel portray their character and then claim he is suppose to be more powerful? according to who? who said his powerset should be beyond the level he is portrayed? if he is constantly portrayed that way that means HE IS that way and this is his power level who are you or anyone else for that matter to come and say he should be more powerful than the goddamn writers themselves are portraying him? he is what he is and he is the punching bag of the real high heralds and therefor he is not at their level and wont be.

Dude has the same powers as Superman. Can Destroy planets with his fist. Fly 100x the speed of light. has Hammer shots from Thor bounce off of him. Dude common sense tells you that alone makes him stronger than all three of them.

red sabre

Takes out a Phoenix.

Wonderman

he didnt knock out the thing with a punch thing wasnt knocked out.

hyperbole statements are made all the time, facts are wonder man punch sent him flying with his punch it doesnt help gladiator in any case.

you were lying about masterson thor gladiator got his shit pushed in by masterson and had his friends dragging his fainted body out of there.

others dont mean much and arent that great of feats in the first place.

the breaking hyperion neck is a different reality not canon.

on the other hand canon feats such as getting overtaken by black bolt, owned by silver surfer, owned by thor, owned by masterson, owned by hulk, owned by champion, owned by the phoenix 5 is canon and did happen he sucks.

Hyperion Prime
Carver you didn't post the last part of the scan with Wonderman getting his ass beat into submission. Like he would do to those three.

red sabre
Dude has the same powers as Superman. Can Destroy planets with his fist. Fly 100x the speed of light. has Hammer shots from Thor bounce off of him. Dude common sense tells you that alone makes him stronger than all three of them.

he has a similar powerset doesnt mean its to the level of superman kido.

hammer shots from thor bounce off him? wtf? show it to me because thor bashed his ass and so did masterson

what common sense? if he has similar powerset to superman doesnt mean its on the same level.

Hyperion Prime
he has a similar powerset doesnt mean its to the level of superman kido.

hammer shots from thor bounce off him? wtf? show it to me because thor bashed his ass and so did masterson

what common sense? if he has similar powerset to superman doesnt mean its on the same level.

Dude I am done. I just don't care if you believe or not. I do not have the patience of Carver, PR and the others.

carver9
@ Red...

After that punch, Wonderman got punched into the core of the planet. Let's not pretend like Wonderman is weak, he punched Thor some distance and threw and boulder on top of him.

Lol...Masterson got punched one time and complained about the headache and pain he was in after this punch. After this Gladiator blitz him and makes his body go limp. Masterson even admitted it was hard for him to move. The ONLY time Masterson got an advantage was from a sneak attack. Reread the fight.

Lol...the Hyperion fight is CANON. Hahahahahaha...I'm done debating against you, I can tell you don't know what you are talking about.

carver9
By the way, Thor and Gladiator never fought. Thor never faced a canon version of Gladiator outside of the Masterson fight. Basically, they have NEVER met.

Black Bolt whispered in Gladiator ear to defeat him...let's not pretend like he beat him into submission.

abhilegend

Takes out a Phoenix.

Wonderman

Binary wasn't koed and she was exhausted IIRC. As far wonder man here is namor manhandling both simon and ares at the same time

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AvengersInvaders02d.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AvengersInvaders02e.jpg

Just compare namor vs black bolt to black bolt vs gladiator

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFour402a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFour402b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFour402c.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFour402d.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFour402e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/iguard3.jpg

Gladiator is not far above namor in strength.

The Sorrow
this is not a discussion of can ben alone beat gladiator or not, this is a discussion of colossus thing and namor combined taking on him H2H, i already said that with all powers he wins, however only H2H he goes down, a guy who can move planets? prove he can move planets, destroy one? he busted some rock in space which we dont even know the size of it and suddenly he bust planets? how big was that rock planet compared to earth? get out of here.

its not about who can deal more damage its about the fact all those 3 combined with tactics and pure strength can overcome gladiator and beat the crap out of him as simple as it is, this and hulk alone were able to tear off thor's arm tear off his eye and trash him, thats the difference numbers make even when you fight guys that are inferior to you, while namor and colossus are no hulk gladiator is no thor, those 3 will overpower and kill gladiator eventually.
I like how you dodged my last question, you just seem to be trolling at this point.

It's stated he can move planets in nearly every arc Gladiator appears in and he's moved a planetary sized asteroid with "ease". The "rock in space" was said to have survived in a galaxy where other planets perished and he 3 shotted it. Does it really matter how big it was compared it Earth? Even a small planet is still leagues beyond Namor, Thing and Colossus.

The Hulk and Thing vs Thor instance is not canon and holds no relevance here, especially when the real Hulk takes on teams like this for fun. If Gladiator is serious he can quickly dispatch or at least badly hurt either Thing and/or Colossus with one solid punch.

Hyperion Prime

Gladiator is not far above namor in strength.

dgrin Say what raggy????!!!!

carver9
@abhi...

Blackbolt usually use his voice against Glads just like he has done to Magneto, Hulk, and Sentry. He didn't use that against Namor, he went straight fist cuffs.

Also, lol, Black Bolt was amped when he charged Gladiator in that scan...that's why they used the white noise, to get rip of said amp.

Binary charged a ship but later regained her power. She rested after this and went to the planet after being fully replenished and fought Gladiator. She was koed since we didn't see her anytime after that blow.

I never said Namor was weak by the way...remember, I was the one that said based off of his showings, he could probably pull some wins against Superman in a fist cuff match.

abhilegend
dgrin Say what raggy????!!!!
Go here and see how well namor has done against Thor/Hercules in the past

See here for the rivalry between hulk and namor

http://hero-envy.blogspot.in/2012/02/hulk-vs-sub-mariner.html

Hyperion Prime
Go here and see how well namor has done against Thor/Hercules in the past

See here for the rivalry between hulk and namor

And how bad he has done against Wolverine and How good Glads has done against wolverine.

abhilegend
@abhi...

Blackbolt usually use his voice against Glads just like he has done to Magneto, Hulk, and Sentry. He didn't use that against Namor, he went straight fist cuffs.

Also, lol, Black Bolt was amped when he charged Gladiator in that scan...that's why they used the white noise, to get rip of said amp.

Binary charged a ship but later regained her power. She rested after this and went to the planet after being fully replenished and fought Gladiator. She was koed since we didn't see her anytime after that blow.

I never said Namor was weak by the way...remember, I was the one that said based off of his showings, he could probably pull some wins against Superman in a fist cuff match.
NO she was exhausted and wasn't even koed.

Black bolt wasn't amped, that's how he competes to others in strength, by amping his strength. He also didn't used his voice against gladiator in that showing, he just overpowered him.

Superman is above these guys in strength.

carver9
NO she was exhausted and wasn't even koed.

Black bolt wasn't amped, that's how he competes to others in strength, by amping his strength. He also didn't used his voice against gladiator in that showing, he just overpowered him.

Superman is above these guys in strength.

She wasn't exhausted and she was koed.

Blackbolt was amped before facing Gladiator, that's why they made the plan to use the white noise against him.

Let me debate like you. Why can't Namor pull some wins from Superman when DC Hercules, someone who doesn't have fts like Namor rocked Superman and busted his face up?

abhilegend
And how bad he has done against Wolverine and How good Glads has done against wolverine.
Namor oneshotted logan albeit from behind

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/Wolverinev345b.jpg

In another instance he pretty much wrecked him in a few punches when he was done holding back

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03d.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03e.jpg

Gladiator didn't fare better against logan

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/9534956_an-11.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/9534957_an-12.jpg

red sabre
@ Red...

After that punch, Wonderman got punched into the core of the planet. Let's not pretend like Wonderman is weak, he punched Thor some distance and threw and boulder on top of him.

Lol...Masterson got punched one time and complained about the headache and pain he was in after this punch. After this Gladiator blitz him and makes his body go limp. Masterson even admitted it was hard for him to move. The ONLY time Masterson got an advantage was from a sneak attack. Reread the fight.

Lol...the Hyperion fight is CANON. Hahahahahaha...I'm done debating against you, I can tell you don't know what you are talking about.

i dont care, you were claiming he almost took his head off with a punch and all we got is wonderman taking his shots perfectly and stating a hyperbole statement even with the fact he took many shots from gladiator.

of course gladiator punches effected thor however nothing was done with a punch they traded punches and hit each other and at the end masterson knocked gladiator out and his friends dragged him out, i could also base their fight on the last hit masterson landed on gladiator and claim he took gladiator out with 1 hit thats how dumb your statement sounds.

it was done with a different reality hyperion its not canon.

red sabre
By the way, Thor and Gladiator never fought. Thor never faced a canon version of Gladiator outside of the Masterson fight. Basically, they have NEVER met.

Black Bolt whispered in Gladiator ear to defeat him...let's not pretend like he beat him into submission.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2zehyqv.png

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/72441/1764196-wok_01_page_020_super.jpg

abhilegend
She wasn't exhausted and she was koed.

Blackbolt was amped before facing Gladiator, that's why they made the plan to use the white noise against him.

Let me debate like you. Why can't Namor pull some wins from Superman when DC Hercules, someone who doesn't have fts like Namor rocked Superman and busted his face up?
She wasn't koed and she was exhausted.

That's how his strength works carter. BB isn't a typical strongman elite, he amps himself up to their level to compete.

Who said herc doesn't have feats

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WWunderTheIsland.jpg

and all he did was suckerpunch superman and break his nose

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/?action=view&current=JSA01318.jpg

Otherwise superman was totally fine and casually koed herc after that

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/?action=view&current=JSA01320.jpg

red sabre
I like how you dodged my last question, you just seem to be trolling at this point.

It's stated he can move planets in nearly every arc Gladiator appears in and he's moved a planetary sized asteroid with "ease". The "rock in space" was said to have survived in a galaxy where other planets perished and he 3 shotted it. Does it really matter how big it was compared it Earth? Even a small planet is still leagues beyond Namor, Thing and Colossus.

The Hulk and Thing vs Thor instance is not canon and holds no relevance here, especially when the real Hulk takes on teams like this for fun. If Gladiator is serious he can quickly dispatch or at least badly hurt either Thing and/or Colossus with one solid punch.

i dont care what they state show me him moving planets otherwise its nothing but hyperbole crap.

yes it is important the size of that rock because if you make the claim of gladiator busting a planet and then reffer to that rock i would like to know the size of that rock compared to other planets to determain how does this feat stack up to real planets otherwise you might as well show me gladiator bust a mountain and say what does it matter the size? and it also took gladiator many punches to accompish the feat, who said its beyond manor to bust that rock? namor cant bust rocks? really?

it is canon because its a story of what would happen if odin died and blah blah blah and thats what happened thor got trashed very hard by hulk and thing, they are attacking him all together he wont be fighting them 1 vs 1 they will gang up on him and just beat his ass down, gladiator is not that great at trading blows you know he goes down.

carver9

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/Wolverinev345b.jpg

In another instance he pretty much wrecked him in a few punches when he was done holding back

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03d.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/Revolution03e.jpg

Gladiator didn't fare better against logan

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/9534956_an-11.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/9534957_an-12.jpg

You are clearly reaching.

abhilegend
You are clearly reaching.
Concession accepted. Just as you know in a future reality logan fought kallark for six days straight.

StiltmanFTW

That's not a one-shot. Logan fought Sub-Mariner's Royal Guard after having just regenerated from a bare skeleton, then he battled Namor himself... Namor recovered from his stab wounds and cheapshotted Logan in the end.

It's like saying that Moon Knight one-shotted Count Nefaria just because he delivered the last punch no expression

red sabre
by the way abhilegend this is not carver you are debating with, both carver and colossus big c got hacked by the same guy who likes to enter their accounts and debate for them, he chose the 2 most ignorant posters on KMC and decided to use their accounts to debate

Dampyre
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Yeah, Gladiator. With his speed (which he actually uses) he should be able to control the terms of combat in either scenario, and he certainly has the power to drop and of his opponents (not one shot, but with accumulated damage).

Gladiator one-shotted the Thing in FF#250.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That's not a one-shot. Logan fought Sub-Mariner's Royal Guard after having just regenerated from a bare skeleton, then he battled Namor himself... Namor recovered from his stab wounds and cheapshotted Logan in the end.

It's like saying that Moon Knight one-shotted Count Nefaria just because he delivered the last punch no expression
Yeah it was a suckerpunch oneshot. Logan was fully healed by the time he fought the royal guard who were only 2 tonner or something. The way logan was shrugging off class 100 characters, they were minor annoyances.

carver9
Concession accepted. Just as you know in a future reality logan fought kallark for six days straight.

Not a concession at all. You feel threatened by Thor and Gladiator for obvious reasons, especially Surfer and you tend to save all of their low end fts to save face for Superman when overall, Superman has just as many if not more, especially 2 to 3 years ago. You don't have to lowball these characters to make a case for Superman. I'm not going to debate against you because like usual, your lowballing will pretty much get ignored and the mods will focus more on my posts.

You bringing up non-canon info about Gladiator and Logan again is reaching. Especially when I can bring up Barman defeating Superman and more than once and I can also bring up Shadow dragon defeating Superman as well. I'm not going to go to far with this because again, what you say might get ignored whereas they have my post being printed and scanned at home every time I post something.

carver9
By the way...Logan has defeated Namor 3 times on panel.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Dampyre
Gladiator one-shotted the Thing in FF#250.
Namor oneshotted thing too
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203c.jpg

abhilegend
Not a concession at all. You feel threatened by Thor and Gladiator for obvious reasons, especially Surfer and you tend to save all of their low end fts to save face for Superman when overall, Superman has just as many if not more, especially 2 to 3 years ago. You don't have to lowball these characters to make a case for Superman. I'm not going to debate against you because like usual, your lowballing will pretty much get ignored and the mods will focus more on my posts.

You bringing up non-canon info about Gladiator and Logan again is reaching. Especially when I can bring up Barman defeating Superman and more than once and I can also bring up Shadow dragon defeating Superman as well. I'm not going to go to far with this because again, what you say might get ignored whereas they have my post being printed and scanned at home every time I post something.
Where did I lowball gladiator? I don't feel threatened by losers. So when you can't respond to my posts, you start to accuse me of lowballing, eh? Nice tactic.Originally posted by carver9
By the way...Logan has defeated Namor 3 times on panel.
Irrelevant.

carver9
Where did I lowball gladiator? I don't feel threatened by losers. So when you can't respond to my posts, you start to accuse me of lowballing, eh? Nice tactic.
Irrelevant.

Stop responding to me and go find some more scans of Surfer being taken out by a brick and lasers.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah it was a suckerpunch oneshot. Logan was fully healed by the time he fought the royal guard who were only 2 tonner or something. The way logan was shrugging off class 100 characters, they were minor annoyances.

Re-read the arc. Fully healed on the outside yes, but still weak and his healing factor obviously not working anywhere close to 100%. Logan conceded that he didn't have much fight left in him and that was before Namor even arrived.

Class 2? Logan said Janus hit like a truck, which seems like an accurate description for the elite atlantean warrior. Namor got his licks in later, too.

abhilegend
Stop responding to me and go find some more scans of Surfer being taken out by a brick and lasers.
U mad bro?

red sabre
ok at this point people can clearly see this is not carver just look at the language and overall debate , same guy is posting for colossus big c, its the same guy who hacked the signatures couple of days ago to several members

zopzop
Gladiator schools these clowns. Thing is the biggest threat on Team (which is sad) and he's not beating Gladiator.

abhilegend
Re-read the arc. Fully healed on the outside yes, but still weak and his healing factor obviously not working anywhere close to 100%. Logan conceded that he didn't have much fight left in him and that was before Namor even arrived.

Class 2? Logan said Janus hit like a truck, which seems like an accurate description for the elite atlantean warrior. Namor got his licks in later, too.
I have read that arc and he wasn't shown to be weaker. Considering his pact with lazaer where his body was fully healed before his soul returns to his body, its even more doubtful. Yeah an average atlantean is around 2 tonner level. Namor was most likely holding back talking to an allie not to mention he was greatly injured himself.

The Sorrow
i dont care what they state show me him moving planets otherwise its nothing but hyperbole crap.

yes it is important the size of that rock because if you make the claim of gladiator busting a planet and then reffer to that rock i would like to know the size of that rock compared to other planets to determain how does this feat stack up to real planets otherwise you might as well show me gladiator bust a mountain and say what does it matter the size? and it also took gladiator many punches to accompish the feat, who said its beyond manor to bust that rock? namor cant bust rocks? really?

it is canon because its a story of what would happen if odin died and blah blah blah and thats what happened thor got trashed very hard by hulk and thing, they are attacking him all together he wont be fighting them 1 vs 1 they will gang up on him and just beat his ass down, gladiator is not that great at trading blows you know he goes down.
Normally I would a agree but the same statement, be it through narration or other characters, is repeatedly rammed down our throats nearly everytime Gladiator appears in a book. Clearly according to Marvel he can move/destroy planets.

All we know is it was a planet, it could have been smaller or larger than Earth but even a small planet such as Mercury is still far above Namor and co. Gladiator has stomped Thing with utter ease, if he's serious Ben and Colossus will be dropped pretty swiftly.

It's not canon because it was retconned into being a different universe from 616 and still has nothing to do with the thread, the whole fight happened off-panel and this team doesn't have the luxury of Hulk backing them up. Gladiator would take some hits but he is simply too strong, too tough and too fast to lose here.

StiltmanFTW
I have read that arc and he wasn't shown to be weaker. Considering his pact with lazaer where his body was fully healed before his soul returns to his body, its even more doubtful. Yeah an average atlantean is around 2 tonner level. Namor was most likely holding back talking to an allie not to mention he was greatly injured himself.

It's common sense that healing from a skeleton would take its toll on him. It was noted by Amir that Wolverine was almost finished. He conceded in his thoughts.

Janus wasn't an average atlantean though.

Namor wasn't wounded when he first punched and elbowed Wolverine. He wasn't trying to reason with him either.

abhilegend
It's common sense that healing from a skeleton would take its toll on him. It was noted by Amir that Wolverine was almost finished. He conceded in his thoughts.

Janus wasn't an average atlantean though.

Namor wasn't wounded when he first punched and elbowed Wolverine. He wasn't trying to reason with him either.
It was retconned as doing of lazaer as everytime logan's soul battled him in puragatory his body was totally healed as new. You got any proof that he wasn't an average atlantean? Namor was holding back as he usually shouts imperiex rex before not holding back. That pretty much tells that he was holding back as after being injured he oneshotted logan.

red sabre
Normally I would a agree but the same statement, be it through narration or other characters, is repeatedly rammed down our throats nearly everytime Gladiator appears in a book. Clearly according to Marvel he can move/destroy planets.

All we know is it was a planet, it could have been smaller or larger than Earth but even a small planet such as Mercury is still far above Namor and co. Gladiator has stomped Thing with utter ease, if he's serious Ben and Colossus will be dropped pretty swiftly.

It's not canon because it was retconned into being a different universe from 616 and still has nothing to do with the thread, the whole fight happened off-panel and this team doesn't have the luxury of Hulk backing them up. Gladiator would take some hits but he is simply too strong, too tough and too fast to lose here.

as i said again i dont really care whats stated by others or narration i want feats, its always stated cap is a peak human while by feats he is above, as i said i only care for feats not statements.

so all you care is the title planet? even if its 1/4 the size of earth? 1/8 the size of earth? just the fact its planet is good enough? all i saw there is some rock floating up in the space and gladiator taking multiple shots at that rock in order to shatter it, if gladiator was sinking an island with punches would it be that great of a feat? size does matter and just the title planet doesnt say anything, so for all that we know gladiator busted a rock floating in space and i know for a fact namor can bust big rocks as well so...

its a storyline with same characters that shows us what could happen if odin died and thor became the ruler, same characters same background same everything only odin is dead and thor is taking over the odin force, activate your mind and learn to seperate canon from uncanon with your eyes and logic and not like a sheep following subjects.

this team doesnt need hulk backing them up, instead of hulk you got namor who matched him many times and even knocked him out and you got colossus who matched gladiator before and gave him a nice fight, and gladiator is no thor not even close , seriously you really think gladiator will physically overpower those 3 bricks? namor alone can give him a very hard fight seing how he matched hulk and hercules everytime they fought, adding thing and colossus is bringing gladiator down.

abhilegend
Honestly namor is being underestimated here. Here he oneshots flash ko BRB

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/ThorCorps02a.jpg

StiltmanFTW
It was retconned as doing of lazaer as everytime logan's soul battled him in puragatory his body was totally healed as new. You got any proof that he wasn't an average atlantean? Namor was holding back as he usually shouts imperiex rex before not holding back.

He still needed nutrition, sleep and time so he and his hf could function at optimum levels, it's not a power that operates at 100% all the time and runs on infinite energy. Did he get it? No. He had to fight right after Nitro blew him up. That's why he was in bad shape overall.

Yes, Wolverine's comments prove it. A 2 tonner doesn't hit like a truck and I highly doubt an ordinary atlantean would belong to the Royal Guard...

It was Wolverine who was holding back, fighting Namor without his claws at first, then aiming for non-vital areas...

zopzop

so all you care is the title planet? even if its 1/4 the size of earth? 1/8 the size of earth? just the fact its planet is good enough? all i saw there is some rock floating up in the space and gladiator taking multiple shots at that rock in order to shatter it, if gladiator was sinking an island with punches would it be that great of a feat? size does matter and just the title planet doesnt say anything, so for all that we know gladiator busted a rock floating in space and i know for a fact namor can bust big rocks as well so...
It was a planet large enough to have a respectable gravity because it spawned life and civilization :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/24463/661103-destroyingworld_super.jpg
So it would be at least Earth like in size. PISless Gladiator destroys these guys.

red sabre
Originally posted by zopzop
It was a planet large enough to have a respectable gravity because it spawned life and civilization :
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/24463/661103-destroyingworld_super.jpg
So it would be at least Earth like in size. PISless Gladiator destroys these guys.

who said its at least the size of earth? just because at some point there was some race living on that huge rock it should be at least the size of earth? can you show me the universal law stating that if some planet has some kind of life on it it has to be at the very least the size of earth? it could be as big as a city who knows, all we see is a big rock broken by gladiator.

zopzop
who said its at least the size of earth? just because at some point there was some race living on that huge rock it should be at least the size of earth? can you show me the universal law stating that if some planet has some kind of life on it it has to be at the very least the size of earth? it could be as big as a city who knows, all we see is a big rock broken by gladiator.
The size of a city? WTF are you talking about. A rock the size of city would have crap for gravity and nothing would exist on it. Also the fact that it was round means that it wasn't a mere asteroid or something like that :
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-are-planets-round

red sabre
how do you know the size of its gravity core? who said its the same as earth? i will say it again who said it has to be at least the size of earth? who said if there is some form of life on the planet it has to be at least the size of earth? there are elipse shaped astroids do we assume its because of gravity? your link talks about gravity giving the round shape and its totaly cool however who said it has to be in specific size in order for gravity to effect it? who said it has to have some kind of stadard gravity core in a standard size? it can very be the size of a city or a country as well and have all those criterias, therefor there is no proof gladiator busted a planet worth mentioning because all we know is that its a big rock that at some point had some form of life on iot, maybe the life on that planet were germs? maybe they were microbs?

abhilegend
He still needed nutrition, sleep and time so he and his hf could function at optimum levels, it's not a power that operates at 100% all the time and runs on infinite energy. Did he get it? No. He had to fight right after Nitro blew him up. That's why he was in bad shape overall.

Yes, Wolverine's comments prove it. A 2 tonner doesn't hit like a truck and I highly doubt an ordinary atlantean would belong to the Royal Guard...

It was Wolverine who was holding back, fighting Namor without his claws at first, then aiming for non-vital areas...
It wasn't due to his own HF. His body healed completely to full health everytime he died and came back due to the pact with lazaer. It wasn't due to his own HF to begin with so there is no need for nutrients and shits.

So you have no proof that he was not an ordinary atlantean and seriously, hitting like a truck? You are better than this.

Irrelevant as logan can't hold back his HF and durability.

zopzop
how do you know the size of its gravity core? who said its the same as earth? i will say it again who said it has to be at least the size of earth? who said if there is some form of life on the planet it has to be at least the size of earth? there are elipse shaped astroids do we assume its because of gravity? your link talks about gravity giving the round shape and its totaly cool however who said it has to be in specific size in order for gravity to effect it? who said it has to have some kind of stadard gravity core in a standard size? it can very be the size of a city or a country as well and have all those criterias, therefor there is no proof gladiator busted a planet worth mentioning because all we know is that its a big rock that at some point had some form of life on iot, maybe the life on that planet were germs? maybe they were microbs?
Genius, if it had civilized life, that means it had an atmosphere capable of supporting it, which means it had respectable gravitational field, meaning it was a good sized world.
http://www.universetoday.com/35796/atmosphere-of-the-planets/

Small planets/planetoids don't have atmosphere's capable of supporting intelligent life because of their weak gravity.

Add this to the fact that it was spherical in shape (it's sufficiently large enough that it's gravitational field shaped it into a sphere) and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what the writer was trying to convey.

And microbes? You genius, you didn't read the scan did you?! laughing

Damborgson
Glads loses in pure h2h.

Wins with all powers included.

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
Glads loses in pure h2h.

Wins with all powers included.
Quick question, would Thor lose to this Team H2H (no Mjolnir and no other powers included)?

abhilegend
Quick question, would Thor lose to this Team H2H (no Mjolnir and no other powers included)?
He would get a split.

red sabre
Genius, if it had civilized life, that means it had an atmosphere capable of supporting it, which means it had respectable gravitational field, meaning it was a good sized world.
http://www.universetoday.com/35796/atmosphere-of-the-planets/

Small planets/planetoids don't have atmosphere's capable of supporting intelligent life because of their weak gravity.

Add this to the fact that it was spherical in shape (it's sufficiently large enough that it's gravitational field shaped it into a sphere) and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what the writer was trying to convey.

And microbes? You genius, you didn't read the scan did you?! laughing

who said there was a civilized life on that planet? all this scan say is that there was some kind of race on that planet, in other words it was trying to tell us this rock had some life on it, the race has gone and does no longer exist, a race of cockroaches? a race of small bugs? germs? microbs? nobody said it was a race of humanoids or at any size.

who said the life form that was once on that planet needed the same supporting criterias as human beings? maybe they didnt need an atmosphere to support it? other than that its stating that the race is gone which can also mean that because that rock wasnt big enough and didnt have the resources it couldnt contain life further and they gone.

what is a respected gravitation field? who said there is a need in a respected gravitation field? each planet has a different gravity scale and different gravity influence, maybe the life on that rock was germs like and it didnt need gravitation at all? or to some minimal degree to the point the gravity core could be much weaker and smaller to the point that rock was a city size?

who said it was round in the first place? we dont see this rock being round, we see some portion of that having some curve however we dont see it as round planet, astroids have curves and many other rocks have curves does that mean they are effected by gravity? no it isnt.

The Sorrow
as i said again i dont really care whats stated by others or narration i want feats, its always stated cap is a peak human while by feats he is above, as i said i only care for feats not statements.

its a storyline with same characters that shows us what could happen if odin died and thor became the ruler, same characters same background same everything only odin is dead and thor is taking over the odin force, activate your mind and learn to seperate canon from uncanon with your eyes and logic and not like a sheep following subjects.

this team doesnt need hulk backing them up, instead of hulk you got namor who matched him many times and even knocked him out and you got colossus who matched gladiator before and gave him a nice fight, and gladiator is no thor not even close , seriously you really think gladiator will physically overpower those 3 bricks? namor alone can give him a very hard fight seing how he matched hulk and hercules everytime they fought, adding thing and colossus is bringing gladiator down.
You're in denial kid. Marvel has stated Gladiator can move planets for decades now that's good enough for me.

Based on the context it clearly was intended to be a regular sized planet, do you need the size to be spelled out in order for you to accept a character can destroy a planet? It's this level of nitpicking that causes half of the problems in comic vs forums. He punched apart a planet of unknown size that once was home to a civilization, an average sized planet is still far beyond anyone on the team.

Probably Colossus' most impressive feat against a powerful opponent but clearly is way above his norm. Namor is a clear tier below guys like Thor and Hulk but can do okay in certain circumstances. Hell Glads took on Namor and Colossus who were greatly amped by the Phoenix Force and held his own for a while. Colossus and Thing will be dropped quickly, Namor does ok for a while but is eventually beaten by an opponent who is superior across the board.

red sabre
You're in denial kid. Marvel has stated Gladiator can move planets for decades now that's good enough for me.

Based on the context it clearly was intended to be a regular sized planet, do you need the size to be spelled out in order for you to accept a character can destroy a planet? It's this level of nitpicking that causes half of the problems in comic vs forums. He punched apart a planet of unknown size that once was home to a civilization, an average sized planet is still far beyond anyone on the team.

Probably Colossus' most impressive feat against a powerful opponent and clearly is not his norm showing. Namor is a clear tier below guys like Thor and Hulk but can do okay in certain circumstances. Hell Glads took on 2 Namor and Colossus who were greatly amped by the Phoenix Force and held his own for a while. Colossus and Thing will be dropped quickly, Namor does ok for a while but is eventually beaten by an opponent who is superior across the board.

i dont really care whats good enough for you, can you show me gladiator moving a planet? no? buzz off.

what context? it shows us a big rock , are you trying to claim all planets are the same size? some planets are twice or 3 or 10 times bigger than others, therefor the size is unkown and the feat is irrelevant.

glads didnt took on 2 namors genius , gladiator punched an amped colossus and thats about it, after that a punch from this amped colossus caused his face to swell like crazy and took him out of the game, then namor jumped in and the 2 of them were murdering him like a massacre, namor during his entire history did better than gladiator vs the top tiers, i still find gladiator to be stronger and more durable than namor not by much at all but combined with colossus and thing they are beating the shit out of him.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Estacado
Im really surprised that the sales are that high...Imo it's the crappiest event in atleast 5 years.ermm

And that's saying something.

do you believe gladiator to have such a superior reflex pack that it will overcome the 3 of them combined attacking him ? i dont think so

i do; it's not like he's fighting three kryptonians here.

Pr you dont give the trio their respect, colossus alone gave gladiator a nice fight in the past, colossus thing and namor are just too much for him to handle, what feats does he have to suggest he will just walk over them? he goes down everytime he fights a top guy like hulk thor or black bolt, if anything namor actually did better than him in fights vs the top dogs, i actually think gladiator could beat namor even in only H2H however with thing and colossus on his side the 3 of them will take gladiator in H2H

i do give them their respect, there's just a huge gap in power between two of them and gladiator that, imo, needs to be recognised.

colossus was never a match for gladiator, he was just taking longer to put down. at no point did he actually seem like a danger to kallark.

thing... yeah, best not to talk about that tbh.

that leaves namor, who as i said should be the biggest obstacle.

--

As for the thread:

Stop bashing, people.

red sabre, stop making comments about other posters.

carver, we don't ignore other people lowballing; you're just the worst offender.

zopzop
who said there was a civilized life on that planet? all this scan say is that there was some kind of race on that planet, in other words it was trying to tell us this rock had some life on it, the race has gone and does no longer exist, a race of cockroaches? a race of small bugs? germs? microbs? nobody said it was a race of humanoids or at any size.

who said the life form that was once on that planet needed the same supporting criterias as human beings? maybe they didnt need an atmosphere to support it? other than that its stating that the race is gone which can also mean that because that rock wasnt big enough and didnt have the resources it couldnt contain life further and they gone.

what is a respected gravitation field? who said there is a need in a respected gravitation field? each planet has a different gravity scale and different gravity influence, maybe the life on that rock was germs like and it didnt need gravitation at all? or to some minimal degree to the point the gravity core could be much weaker and smaller to the point that rock was a city size?

who said it was round in the first place? we dont see this rock being round, we see some portion of that having some curve however we dont see it as round planet, astroids have curves and many other rocks have curves does that mean they are effected by gravity? no it isnt.
YOU DIDN'T READ THE SCAN DID YOU?! This is hilarious. laughing

Your other "arguments" are trash so there's no point discussing them.

red sabre

i do; it's not like he's fighting three kryptonians here.

i do give them their respect, there's just a huge gap in power between two of them and gladiator that, imo, needs to be recognised.

colossus was never a match for gladiator, he was just taking longer to put down. at no point did he actually seem like a danger to kallark.

thing... yeah, best not to talk about that tbh.

that leaves namor, who as i said should be the biggest obstacle.

--

As for the thread:

Stop bashing, people.

red sabre, stop making comments about other posters.

carver, we don't ignore other people lowballing; you're just the worst offender.

so now in your opinion it takes 3 kryptonians to fight gladiator because of his speed? just wow.

no you dont, if you think gladiator can just walk all over them in H2H then you clearly dont give them any respect and specially when you got namor on the team, no there isnt a huge gap between them and gladiator, colossus matched gladiator before, of course he went down but the fight clearly shows us it wasnt that big of a gap, the gap between him and thing should be even smaller, the gap between gladiator and namor is very small and i do mean very small because frankly namor did much better than gladiator vs the top tiers he knocked out hulk and was doing better than hercules, something gladiator never could accomplish, i will give gladiator a win in H2H vs anyone of them but not the 3 of them combined, too much strength tactics and fighting abilities, just watch how both namor and colossus with the phoenix force destroyed him, i know they were amped by the phoenix but it didnt give them a greater speed or better tactics they would still use same tactics on him gang up and pound on him like they did only they are going to have the thing on their side as well and they will beat the hell out of him.

The Sorrow
i dont really care whats good enough for you, can you show me gladiator moving a planet? no? buzz off.

what context? it shows us a big rock , are you trying to claim all planets are the same size? some planets are twice or 3 or 10 times bigger than others, therefor the size is unkown and the feat is irrelevant.

glads didnt took on 2 namors genius , gladiator punched an amped colossus and thats about it, after that a punch from this amped colossus caused his face to swell like crazy and took him out of the game, then namor jumped in and the 2 of them were murdering him like a massacre, namor during his entire history did better than gladiator vs the top tiers, i still find gladiator to be stronger and more durable than namor not by much at all but combined with colossus and thing they are beating the shit out of him.
laughing out loud U mad?

He rocked Phoenix Colossus with one punch, if that was regular Colossus he would have been out cold, and Gladiator has already one-shotted Thing. All that would be left is Namor who is not beating Gladiator one on one period.

red sabre
YOU DIDN'T READ THE SCAN DID YOU?! This is hilarious. laughing

Your other "arguments" are trash so there's no point discussing them.

so you concede i see ok i accept that, you didnt adress my points because you realise you cant prove anything because the scan doesnt let us know anything, the scan doesnt even prove that rock was round shaped, it doesnt say while kind of race was there, could be a race of bugs or microbs, you made things out of your ass trying to present it like the race on that rock was humanoid like and had to have the tearms of a human life to survive that is false and backed by nothing, fail on you boy.

red sabre
laughing out loud U mad?

He rocked Phoenix Colossus with one punch, if that was regular Colossus he would have been out cold, and Gladiator has already one-shotted Thing. All that will be left is Namor who is not beating Gladiator one on one period.

why should i be mad when you are the one fading away?

speculations? how could colossus be out of the fight after a punch when in the past they went blow for blow and colossus gave him a good fight? who said he rocked colossus? he punched him and colossus hit a wall with his head thats all there is to it, how much did it effect colosssus? to what degree does the phoenix force devided by 5 amps colossus durability? how much was colossus taping into the phoenix force when fighting gladiator? at first they wanted him to join to there side and didnt fight him seriously but then when he refuced suddenly cyclops tapped into the phoenix force and colossus with a single punch made his face swell and basically took him out of the game with a punch, not a good argument for you.

your scene is laughable, the 3 of them are fighting him at the same time not 1 by 1 the 3 of them jump him and beat the crap out of him just like that.

zopzop
so you concede i see ok i accept that, you didnt adress my points because you realise you cant prove anything because the scan doesnt let us know anything, the scan doesnt even prove that rock was round shaped, it doesnt say while kind of race was there, could be a race of bugs or microbs, you made things out of your ass trying to present it like the race on that rock was humanoid like and had to have the tearms of a human life to survive that is false and backed by nothing, fail on you boy.
FIRST : READ THE SCAN. Then you can run your mouth. The scan CLEARLY STATES the alien race that inhabited that world MOVED ON TO OTHER PLANETS LONG AGO:

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tony Stark
The team wins this.... Glads is faster, stronger and has more abilities than any of the the 3 but, together he will be over taken.

Glads never one shotted Ben and neither did Namor ftr. Just so everyone is clear being one shotted means that someone gets hit (ONCE) and is KO'd and is no longer conscious and doesn't get up.

red sabre
FIRST : READ THE SCAN. Then you can run your mouth. The scan CLEARLY STATES the alien race that inhabited that world MOVED ON TO OTHER PLANETS LONG AGO:

roll eyes (sarcastic)

was in mentioned how eactly they leave the rock? maybe they were visited by aliens or even humans that took those bugs or even microbs for research purposes and brough them to their planet.

zopzop
was in mentioned how eactly they leave the rock? maybe they were visited by aliens or even humans that took those bugs or even microbs for research purposes and brough them to their planet.
laughing

red sabre
so as i said nothing can be proved and gladiator busted a big rock.

zopzop
so as i said nothing can be proved and gladiator busted a big rock.
No, I'm laughing because you're a clown and your "arguments" are hilarious.

red sabre
No, I'm laughing because you're a clown and your "arguments" are hilarious.

well you are the bozo that cant prove his point, i just show you how anything you say can be countered because the lack of evidence to that scan that cant even prove that rock was round.

eaebiakuya
Gladiator wins 100 times in 100. With ease.

carver9

laughing out loud

h1a8

Who determines the size of the planet in comics?
That's write the writer does, not us.
It was clearly the writer's intentions that Glads busted a planet at least the size of Earth. That's because that is the size of a planet that all readers are familar with. If the writer wanted a smaller planet or a moon then he would have said so. By default, all atmospheric rocky planets are Earth size due to the writer's intentions.

But what you are not getting is, the team together can't even bust the smallest moon up. None of the characters have any feats that come close to even busting up a state or even a small city.

Did you read AVX? Did you see how Cyke dealt with Thor? Did you see how Glads dealt with Cyke? It took 3 of them just to beat Glads.

Damborgson
It's a planet that we assume is at the least bigger than the moon no? It's a decent feat. But at the end of the day it was still a giant dead space rock which Gladiator had to slam into and break with multiple all out punches. Don't get why people get all wet about it.

zopzop
It's a planet that we assume is at the least bigger than the moon no? It's a decent feat. But at the end of the day it was still a giant dead space rock which Gladiator had to slam into and break with multiple all out punches.
He punched it, 2 or 3 times and destroyed it. If that was Thor doing that sans Mjolnir, you'd be singing a different tune.

Because A) the character has so few appearances and that was an excellent feat and B) he did it with no outside amp or weapon, just his bare hands.

JakeTheBank
It's a good feat.

That's it.

People have been acting like that feat puts him on a completely different level than his peers and even superiors for a while now.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's a good feat.

That's it.

People have been acting like that feat puts him on a completely different level than his peers and even superiors for a while now.
Feat wise, keep in mind I said feat wise, that's better than anything Thor or Sub Mariner or Hyperion or Blue Marvel has ever done on panel. Add to the fact that he has so few appearances and his fans will take what they can get. Stop the hate.rifle

JakeTheBank
Feat wise, keep in mind I said feat wise, that's better than anything Thor or Sub Mariner or Hyperion or Blue Marvel has ever done on panel. Add to the fact that he has so few appearances and his fans will take what they can get. Stop the hate.rifle

You think Gladiator's "planet busting" > anything Thor has ever done on panel?

lol

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You think Gladiator's "planet busting" > anything Thor has ever done on panel?

lol
Oh please fanboy, I should have said striking (bare handed) feat wise.

JakeTheBank
Oh please fanboy, I should have said striking (bare handed) feat wise.

How am I the fanboy here, again?

Gladiator's feat is good. Doesn't mean hardly anything in the context of a fight, though. And yet some have tried to say that because of Gladiator's singular planet busting awesomeness, it makes him > than people who by all rights beat him soundly one on one.

Damborgson

He punched it, 2 or 3 times and destroyed it. If that was Thor doing that sans Mjolnir, you'd be singing a different tune.

Because A) the character has so few appearances and that was an excellent feat and B) he did it with no outside amp or weapon, just his bare hands.

he hit it a minimum of 3 and possibly 4. No I wouldn't. I actually know how to debate Zop Zop. And I know what while destroying giant space rocks are impressive for what they are (because it is impressive, I never denied it) it's not as impressive as people like to make it out to be.

He has enough to establish his level of power. Even if we forget that feat altogether he'd still be a high herald to me.

lmao @ admitting you get wet over it though

zopzop
he hit it a minimum of 3 and possibly 4. No I wouldn't. I actually know how to debate Zop Zop. And I know what while destroying giant space rocks are impressive for what they are (because it is impressive, I never denied it) it's not as impressive as people like to make it out to be.

He has enough to establish his level of power. Even if we forget that feat altogether he'd still be a high herald to me.

lmao @ admitting you get wet over it though
Except Gladiator isn't a high herald. We see how he fares when he goes up against true high heralds like Thor. Gladiator is a solid mid herald and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

That planet busting feat is better than most anything other heralds have done using nothing but brute strength (in terms of striking).

Damborgson
Except Gladiator isn't a high herald. We see how he fares when he goes up against true high heralds like Thor. Gladiator is a solid mid herald and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

That planet busting feat is better than most anything other heralds have done using nothing but brute strength (in terms of striking).

You don't see him as a high herald? Thats fair I guess.

What about Hulk destroying a meteor twice the size of Earth?

country1000
Originally posted by h1a8
It was clearly the writer's intentions that Glads busted a planet at least the size of Earth. That's because that is the size of a planet that all readers are familar with. If the writer wanted a smaller planet or a moon then he would have said so. By default, all atmospheric rocky planets are Earth size due to the writer's intentions.

But what you are not getting is, the team together can't even bust the smallest moon up. None of the characters have any feats that come close to even busting up a state or even a small city.

Did you read AVX? Did you see how Cyke dealt with Thor? Did you see how Glads dealt with Cyke? It took 3 of them just to beat Glads. True, the writer gave every indication possible to show that that planet was earth size or larger. He even went as far as mentioning how durable that planet was by it enduring the death of other planets and stars. But as always, haters want to come along and try and be smarter than the writer and down play that planets size and composition by calling it a " giant space rock " and praying that its only moon size..lol. To them its ill defined, yet in the same breath, they themselves DEFINE it the way THEY want it to be. Amusing really. They trap themselves with their very words.lol. Giant space rock..LMAO.

-Pr-
so now in your opinion it takes 3 kryptonians to fight gladiator because of his speed? just wow.

no you dont, if you think gladiator can just walk all over them in H2H then you clearly dont give them any respect and specially when you got namor on the team, no there isnt a huge gap between them and gladiator, colossus matched gladiator before, of course he went down but the fight clearly shows us it wasnt that big of a gap, the gap between him and thing should be even smaller, the gap between gladiator and namor is very small and i do mean very small because frankly namor did much better than gladiator vs the top tiers he knocked out hulk and was doing better than hercules, something gladiator never could accomplish, i will give gladiator a win in H2H vs anyone of them but not the 3 of them combined, too much strength tactics and fighting abilities, just watch how both namor and colossus with the phoenix force destroyed him, i know they were amped by the phoenix but it didnt give them a greater speed or better tactics they would still use same tactics on him gang up and pound on him like they did only they are going to have the thing on their side as well and they will beat the hell out of him.

No, that isn't what I said.

I do give them respect; I just know that they aren't in that tier. Colossus never matched Gladiator without the Phoenix Amp. They wailed on each other, Colossus did no damage, and only lasted as long as he did because of his durability.

I already said that Namor would be the biggest issue.

And no, you can't use an amped Colossus and Namor to illustrate how the normal versions would do. It doesn't work that way.

------

At this point I think Carver should be banned from Gladiator threads. mmm

dmills
Namor has an even record against hulk in their two dozen+ fights, has battled thor nearly evenly in their 5 fights, has gained advantage over immortal hercules in a direct contest of strength, battled black bolt evenly who overpowered gladiator and has battled nearly every powerhouse in MU and has done well. For better analysis go here

Damn. I didn't even know that Namor has fought the Hulk over a dozen times. Good stuff Abhithumb up

red sabre
Originally posted by h1a8

Did you read AVX? Did you see how Cyke dealt with Thor? Did you see how Glads dealt with Cyke? It took 3 of them just to beat Glads.

but did the writer mention the size of that rock? he didnt do anything as far as describing the size so your point is mute.

no its not clearly that his intentions were to describe it as the size of earth, what did the writer say about this rock that makes you believe it was the size of earth? was anything mentioned about its size? no? then what words exactly are you clintching to? your imagination and what you wana believe in? not good enough for me, all we see is some big rock that was stated to have at some point some sort of race thats it.

when characters bust rocks or buildings is it stated that the building is 3 store or 10 store or 20 store building? no because the writer doesnt really care he just wanted to have the character smash a building, same thing here even if this rock is 10 time or 20 times smaller than earth the writer doesnt feel the need to explain the size of the rock its just a big rock and its all he wanted to show gladiator busting a big astroid like rock.

as i said before its not abou the power output its what they can do as a team, even if gladiator hits harder it doesnt matter they will overcome him physically and with easy, and to tell you the truth i can easily see those 2 busting a planet with all out striking i dont understand whats the problem specially namor if going all out he is not that far behind gladiator in strength by feats, do you see thor busting planets with his bare hands? you think he cant?

cyclops was trying to reason with gladiator and wanted him to join with them, when he refuced they literally raped him and were riding him like a pony.

red sabre
Originally posted by country1000
True, the writer gave every indication possible to show that that planet was earth size or larger. He even went as far as mentioning how durable that planet was by it enduring the death of other planets and stars. But as always, haters want to come along and try and be smarter than the writer and down play that planets size and composition by calling it a " giant space rock " and praying that its only moon size..lol. To them its ill defined, yet in the same breath, they themselves DEFINE it the way THEY want it to be. Amusing really. They trap themselves with their very words.lol. Giant space rock..LMAO.

what did the writer say about the size of that rock? something was said? was there anything describing the size of that rock? so now you read minds and you know what the writer intended to do without him even doing it? get lost, if you dont have any kind of a proof that this rock was suppose to be the size of earth then dont speak you make yourself to look laughable.

as i said we see a big rock stated to have at some point some kind of race living on him, could be a race of small microbs or insects doesnt mean much, unelss size was stated or shown in comperison this is all invalid and useless, gladiator busted some rock floating in space i am not impressed.

red sabre
No, that isn't what I said.

I do give them respect; I just know that they aren't in that tier. Colossus never matched Gladiator without the Phoenix Amp. They wailed on each other, Colossus did no damage, and only lasted as long as he did because of his durability.

I already said that Namor would be the biggest issue.

And no, you can't use an amped Colossus and Namor to illustrate how the normal versions would do. It doesn't work that way.

------

At this point I think Carver should be banned from Gladiator threads. mmm

colossus never matched gladiator? you should really read the classic x - men then when they fight the shiar for the first time and colossus is trading blows with gladiator for several panels.

i presented how the phoenix force colossus and namor took him down to show you that even if they have weaker hits they are still able to do same tactic and they got thing on their side, so now its the 3 of them jumping gladiator and pound on him, unless you think recieving punches from colossus namor and thing all together wont do anything to gladiator i dont see whats the problem.

-Pr-
colossus never matched gladiator? you should really read the classic x - men then when they fight the shiar for the first time and colossus is trading blows with gladiator for several panels.

i presented how the phoenix force colossus and namor took him down to show you that even if they have weaker hits they are still able to do same tactic and they got thing on their side, so now its the 3 of them jumping gladiator and pound on him, unless you think recieving punches from colossus namor and thing all together wont do anything to gladiator i dont see whats the problem.

i have read it. more than once. they wail on each other, yes, like i said. however, colossus does almost no damage to gladiator, while colossus is knocked out at the end. hardly "matching" imo.

tactics won't mean much without power output. that, and gladiator would probably only be in the same situation if they were able to actually overpower him, which i don't think this team neccessarily can.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Damn. I didn't even know that Namor has fought the Hulk over a dozen times. Good stuff Abhithumb up
Actually its close to three dozen fights

red sabre
i have read it. more than once. they wail on each other, yes, like i said. however, colossus does almost no damage to gladiator, while colossus is knocked out at the end. hardly "matching" imo.

tactics won't mean much without power output. that, and gladiator would probably only be in the same situation if they were able to actually overpower him, which i don't think this team neccessarily can.

if they were trading blows that means gladiator didnt really effect him either, at the end you see them fighting until a building falls on them and finally gladiator is holding colossus and he is the victor, to that point they were trading blows and evenly matched, if the writer intentions were to show gladiator as the superior we would see colossus getting laughed at something like " haha your punches are useless" and then dismissed, 2 characters trading blows at each other = they are matched for a while.

so you wana tell me the 3 of them dont have the power output to put gladiator down? what gladiator are we talking about again? because marvel gladiator went down to masterson, thor, hulk , supreme, black bolt, and basically 80% of the times he is on the losing side of some striking trade, so to say namor colossus and thing combined wont be able to hurt him is just unreal compared to his showings.

carver9
Red is the weirdest debator I have seen on this site. He have heart though. Everyone is going against him but he is still fighting.

-Pr-
if they were trading blows that means gladiator didnt really effect him either, at the end you see them fighting until a building falls on them and finally gladiator is holding colossus and he is the victor, to that point they were trading blows and evenly matched, if the writer intentions were to show gladiator as the superior we would see colossus getting laughed at something like " haha your punches are useless" and then dismissed, 2 characters trading blows at each other = they are matched for a while.

so you wana tell me the 3 of them dont have the power output to put gladiator down? what gladiator are we talking about again? because marvel gladiator went down to masterson, thor, hulk , supreme, black bolt, and basically 80% of the times he is on the losing side of some striking trade, so to say namor colossus and thing combined wont be able to hurt him is just unreal compared to his showings.

Here is the fight between Gladiator and Colossus:

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12586112_uxm137pg25.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12586113_uxm137pg26.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12586114_uxm137pg27.jpg

Notice how in the first scan, Gladiator strikes twice with no recourse. In the second, Gladiator takes a shot from the Colossus-wielded pillar with no bother, and is even SMILING when Colossus punches him in the gut. The building falling on Gladiator seems to do more damage than the actual punches (but then again, it could have been Colossus). Either way, at no point during the fight is Colossus shown to be a peer; just that he can take a punch.

i never said the three of them, I said Colossus and Thing. Namor, like i've been saying from the start, is the real threat here.

And TBH, guys like Thor, Hulk, Supreme and Black Bolt are way, WAY above the likes of Colossus and Thing.

abhilegend

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12586112_uxm137pg25.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12586113_uxm137pg26.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12586114_uxm137pg27.jpg

Notice how in the first scan, Gladiator strikes twice with no recourse. In the second, Gladiator takes a shot from the Colossus-wielded pillar with no bother, and is even SMILING when Colossus punches him in the gut. The building falling on Gladiator seems to do more damage than the actual punches (but then again, it could have been Colossus). Either way, at no point during the fight is Colossus shown to be a peer; just that he can take a punch.

i never said the three of them, I said Colossus and Thing. Namor, like i've been saying from the start, is the real threat here.

And TBH, guys like Thor, Hulk, Supreme and Black Bolt are way, WAY above the likes of Colossus and Thing.
I've to disagree there pr. The narration clearly tells us that they were trading blows with neither yielding to another. Colossus showed that he was able to go toe to toe with gladiator who was only able to get the win by external circumstances.

-Pr-
I've to disagree there pr. The narration clearly tells us that they were trading blows with neither yielding to another. Colossus showed that he was able to go toe to toe with gladiator who was only able to get the win by external circumstances.

...Serious?

CosmicComet
that fight was terrible.

why would a building falling take out colossus in the end when gladiator did not?

-Pr-
Originally posted by CosmicComet
that fight was terrible.

why would a building falling take out colossus in the end when gladiator did not?

Well, yeah, there is that part of it.

abhilegend
...Serious?
Yeah totally. Maybe you didn't see your scan properly, gladiator and colossus were trading punches evenly which is said clearly on the narration as they were going all out. In the end gladiator was more durable and survived the building crashing on him and colossus got knocked out.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/colossusglads.jpg

It was a stalemate in any sense of the world. Even the narration tells that it was not them who decided the battle.

-Pr-
Yeah totally. Maybe you didn't see your scan properly, gladiator and colossus were trading punches evenly which is said clearly on the narration as they were going all out. In the end gladiator was more durable and survived the building crashing on him and colossus got knocked out.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/colossusglads.jpg

It was a stalemate in any sense of the world. Even the narration tells that it was not them who decided the battle.

I'd appreciate a post without the patronising, if you don't mind.

What I am wondering though, is where it says anything about them being "even".

And also, how you account for Colossus' inability to hurt Gladiator.

So are you really going to tell me that Colossus, back then, is in the same bracket as people like Gladiator, Superman and Thor?

abhilegend
I'd appreciate a post without the patronising, if you don't mind.

What I am wondering though, is where it says anything about them being "even".

And also, how you account for Colossus' inability to hurt Gladiator.

So are you really going to tell me that Colossus, back then, is in the same bracket as people like Gladiator, Superman and Thor?
I wasn't patronizing. I'm sorry if I looked doing so.

The whole immovable object meeting irresistible force thing and the thing that they were shown as trading punches evenly.

Kallark was more durable, that's how.

Not at all. He can take shots from them at their average levels though at his best days. Just recently he flash koed savage hulk.

-Pr-
I wasn't patronizing. I'm sorry if I looked doing so.

The whole immovable object meeting irresistible force thing and the thing that they were shown as trading punches evenly.

Kallark was more durable, that's how.

Not at all. He can take shots from them at their average levels though at his best days. Just recently he flash koed savage hulk.

I don't see where it makes them even, as that would require them to have equal strength. unless gladiator was holding back?

How much more durable?

yes, but ultimately was never going to win the fight. how is he going to contribute when gladiator has already taken his best shots and shrugged them off?

red sabre

you are wrong Pr, first of all notice how after those 2 blows colossus hits gladiator and gladiator hits colossus as well but non of them is really effected by the other, after that we see them punching each other and you got a colorful background of red explosion around them but once again they both hit each other but nobody is really effected, so basically the writer wanted to A portray a situation of non of them being able to effect each other which is just redicilous or B the writer wanted to show that they are evenly matched and were trading blows, you see things like that everytime, 2 characters take a swing at each other both hit each other and non of them seem to be effected, that does not mean nobody is feeling the other but it means they were evenly trading blows, you want to notice gladiator isnt showing any real damage signs? fine then same thing works for colossus as when they trade blows he doesnt seem to notice the punches either.

the narration itself stating that they were evenly matched, the scans show us both of them hitting each other with no effect and no real damage to the other, and finally it even state that its not them who decide the victor but the structure that fell on them, gladiator was the more durable eventually however in the scan you posted as far as trading hits they were evenly matched and eventually gladiator would have taken colossus but you are trying to present it as if colossus was nothing more than a bug to gladiator which is false and contredicts both what we see and what the narration tell us.

if colossus alone is able to go toe 2 toe with gladiator for a while and inflict damage on him those 3 will murder him.

guys like thor supreme and black bolt only physically are indeed superior to each of the trio but do you think they are superior to those 3 combined attacking them at once and delivering them 6 punches from all directions? i know gladiator cant take it for sure.

-Pr-
i don't think i'm wrong. shrug

so you think colossus and gladiator are evenly matched in general, then?

and no, colossus was actually getting knocked down/back by the punches. gladiator was not.

still don't get where this "even" thing is coming from. that would imply that both men were able to deliver equal amounts of force.

red sabre
i don't think i'm wrong. shrug

so you think colossus and gladiator are evenly matched in general, then?

and no, colossus was actually getting knocked down/back by the punches. gladiator was not.

still don't get where this "even" thing is coming from. that would imply that both men were able to deliver equal amounts of force.

but you are, the scans clearly shows them trading blows on an even scale, if colossus was punching gladiator and you had gladiator stand there and smile and then he would punch colossus and send him flying, then i would say ok Pr you are right colossus was able to hang with him only because of his durability, but you got the 2 of them standing their ground and punching each other trading blow for blow that clearly tell us along with the narration that at this point they were evenly matched.

no, gladiator is stronger and more durable than colossus, however as was presented in this fight it is clear that colossus can hang with gladiator for some time and trade blows with him, he will not get dismissed like some feeb by gladiator and that was my whole point to begin with that he gave gladiator a fight.

colossus was pushed back at first but if you look after that when he gets up they are punching each other and both are standing their ground, so its either non of them is able to effect the other, or the more reasonable thing is that they were evenly matched and punched each other until the structure collapsed and took colossus out (stupid i know but it is what it is).

look at it as 2 boxers trading blows, 1 boxer can be clearly more powerful however it doesnt mean he will beat the other with a single punch, the boxers can stand their ground and punch the crap out of each other until the weaker one gives up, colossus is the weaker one but he can and did put up a fight before going down.

eventually if colossus alone gives gladiator a good fight the 3 of them will destroy him.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>