Team of Team-Busters vs The Worthy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
The Team of Team-Busters are back in action, looking for another team on which to lay their team-busting smackdown.

They see "The Worthy" on the tv news broadcasts and decide these powered-up upstarts aren't worthy of the name. The fight is on.

1) Dr. Doom
2) Magneto
3) Ultron (Classic levels, no Phalanx or future Ultron)
4) Gravition (Classic levels not Thunderbolts level)
5) Count Nefaria (Classic levels)
6) Apocalypse
7) Vulcan (no Darwin or whatever)

vs

1) Thing (Angir)
2) Hulk (Nul)
3) Juggernaut (Kuurth)
4) Titania (Skirn)
5) Attuma (Nerkodd)
6) Grey Gargoyle (Mokk)
7) Sin (Skadi)
8) Absorbing Man (Greithoth)

Frankly some of the Worthy weren't that impressive, so they get to keep their extra number. But will team busters like Apoc, Graviton, Vulcan, Doom etc be able to handle heavy hitters like Nul, Kuurth, and Greithoth?

8swords
no

The Sorrow
Team 1 get smashed.

basilisk
Nul and Kuurth will definitely be major trouble. But will The Worthy really be able to take down all of:

Ultron, who has stood up to repeated blows from Thor's hammer, has belted a charging Thor and Wonder Man across the room, and brought Thor down once or twice?

Graviton, who has easily held beings like Thor prisoner, laughed at Thor's hammer blows, and turned Thor's mjolnir-blasts back against him to bring him down?

Apocalypse, who can probably give Thor a good fight?

Vulcan, who has drained and controlled even magical energy?

What would happen if Graviton simply levitated them all off the ground and let everyone else attack? Well, Kuurth actually could deal with it, but the rest?

Stoic
Originally posted by basilisk
Nul and Kuurth will definitely be major trouble. But will The Worthy really be able to take down all of:

Ultron, who has stood up to repeated blows from Thor's hammer, has belted a charging Thor and Wonder Man across the room, and brought Thor down once or twice?

Graviton, who has easily held beings like Thor prisoner, laughed at Thor's hammer blows, and turned Thor's mjolnir-blasts back against him to bring him down?

Apocalypse, who can probably give Thor a good fight?

Vulcan, who has drained and controlled even magical energy?

What would happen if Graviton simply levitated them all off the ground and let everyone else attack? Well, Kuurth actually could deal with it, but the rest?

Yes they would smash Ultron very fast. The Hulk without an upgrade warped it's chassis during the Secret Wars. The rest really have no answer for Kuurth, Nul, and Nerkodd.

basilisk
Originally posted by Stoic
Yes they would smash Ultron very fast. The Hulk without an upgrade warped it's chassis during the Secret Wars. The rest really have no answer for Kuurth, Nul, and Nerkodd.
Thor has never really hurt Ultron with his hammer though, despite numerous attempts, and I doubt any of the hammers on the field are better than mjolnir.

Also most of the lesser Worthy probably weren't superior to classic Thor in strength and overall power. Graviton was easily able to deflect classic Thor's energy blasts back at him, beat him down, and imprison him (with hammer) in a gravity field alongside classic Wonder Man, Vision, Iron Man. Even without BFR he could probably do the same to several of the Worthy (or levitate them helplessly). Possibly even Nul. I think only Kuurth and perhaps Absorbing Man have the sort of abilities to escape that.

I feel that Kuurth and AM are the biggest threats to the Team Busters here. But most of the TB are fliers and could at least stay out of their way.

leonidas
don't see the team having much chance, tbh. gargoyle could turn several to stone. i'd think gargoyle, hulk, juggs and creel could take that team by themselves without even needing the others. and i know thing was killed by thor, (which i thought was pretty ridiculous....) but he DID beat the holy hell out of rulk first, which is a pretty impressive feat imo. creel and titania also learned to dimension travel and could use bfr without any trouble.

basilisk
Originally posted by leonidas
don't see the team having much chance, tbh. gargoyle could turn several to stone. i'd think gargoyle, hulk, juggs and creel could take that team by themselves without even needing the others. and i know thing was killed by thor, (which i thought was pretty ridiculous....) but he DID beat the holy hell out of rulk first, which is a pretty impressive feat imo. creel and titania also learned to dimension travel and could use bfr without any trouble.
Yeah, Thor quickly killing a guy who just trashed Red Hulk... but then Red Hulk was developing jobber's disease by that point.

I really think though that Graviton, given his classic showings, could safely imprison most of the Worthy (and before GG has a chance to do anything), or toss them into space (repeatedly if necessary). Even Nul. But that is leaving Juggs still basically impossible to stop and AM tough to beat because of his exotic abilities.

While Thor's hammer and strength haven't really harmed Ultron, Ultron's encephalo beam has hurt even Thor. It could probably do the same to the lesser of the Worthy. Mag's shields could help slow them all down.

I'd like to see how guys like a non-jobbing Apoc and Vulcan went about fighting the likes of the Worthy. I doubt Vulcan could drain them like he did Warlock's magic, but he could try.

Even though some of the Team Busters will largely be spectators I think they can at least fight to a stalemate here. But with Kuurth I guess I don't see them winning either.

leonidas
Originally posted by basilisk
Yeah, Thor quickly killing a guy who just trashed Red Hulk... but then Red Hulk was developing jobber's disease by that point.

thumb up

yeah, you're obviously a bigger fan of graviton than i am. he's got a great powerset, but he's jobbed so many times i guess i don't have the faith in him that you do. someone always seems to find a way around his abilities somehow. i'd be interested in seeing if he could hold down nul though, or if someone could use a hammer to counter his powers.

i think ultron could be bfr'd pretty quickly and the way titania and creel (who became very smart) were using their hammers i would think they could absorb mags shield similar to the way thor has in the past. perhaps that's speculatory, but i don't think it's TOO far-fetched. creel could also turn into adamantium thanks to ultron, though mags may like that.... lol btw, i don't see mags' shields holding out against kurrth's hammer throw--nor graviton's for that matter.

lol a non-jobbing apoc??? i do think vulcan (with darwin) could be a deciding factor here--in theory. you may be right and i would LOVE to see him take on one of these guys. but without evidence of him taking down and draining someone of this level it's hard to say he could do so. much as i wish i could...

even if you're right, kurrth would win via attrition in the end, though i don't think it would come down to that imo. kurrth's hammer can break all the shields and the rest could then handle your team. imo.

pym-ftw
Team one if graviton shows up hard he can remove all of team two

leonidas
how does he remove kurrth?

DickBlazer
Worthy stomp

WhiteWitchKing
how does he remove kurrth?

Doom time dumps him.

Team 1 takes this. Team 2 is full of idiots where as Team 1 has more options available. Doom drags them all into a dimension where there is no magic and team 1 crushes them.

leonidas
no real proof time dump would be any more effective than any other form of bfr.... and to a dimension without magic?? if we're playing forum doom, we could say he does the same to odin and the vishanti while he's at it. that trick would have come in handy against mephisto as well, or hell, even against thor....

leonidas
and i really don't think they are idiots at all. the worthy were the spirits of some pretty ancient and powerful warriors were they not....?

WhiteWitchKing
no real proof time dump would be any more effective than any other form of bfr.... and to a dimension without magic?? if we're playing forum doom, we could say he does the same to odin and the vishanti while he's at it. that trick would have come in handy against mephisto as well, or hell, even against thor....

He did that to Voodoo when Voodoo was Sorcerer Supreme. Then beat Voodoo with his bare hands.

Except time and space and two different thing. Moving across space isn't the same as moving across time. This should work unless there's evidence to show the Worthy's actually had time powers.

leonidas
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
He did that to Voodoo when Voodoo was Sorcerer Supreme. Then beat Voodoo with his bare hands.

Except time and space and two different thing. Moving across space isn't the same as moving across time. This should work unless there's evidence to show the Worthy's actually had time powers.

if he did it to voodoo i guess it could be legit. i'd like to see the whole scene and context. i'd still consider that a one-off imo, not something doom would do in a normal battle situation. space and time MAY be different, but the term spacetime would argue against that. i'd still say cyttorak's magic would bring him back, and we've seen the worthy dimension travel. it's very possible they could return from time as well. meh, resorting to these type of tactics seems like a very unlikely scenario in a typical battle imo. i also think attuma is getting overlooked some--he pretty much wrecked the defenders including strange and ss.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.