Hawkman vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Standard Equipment for HM (inc Claw of Horus) and he's taking on Extremis Armour Iron Man.

Who wins?

8swords
this is just my opinion but im going for IM, he has a great maneuverability in the skies than HM,,.. and IM could always shoot him down before he could come close to him, again IMO

trollfacejpg
Iron Man fires a repulsor shot, which hits Hawkman. then Iron Man quickly flies up to hawkman and punches him, rendering him unconscious, then when Carter is taking the long fall down, Iron Man uses his Uni-Beam and disenagrates the poor guy.
or he uses his bleeding edge tech to assemble a chainsaw, flies at Mach 3 and cuts him half, before HM realizes the fight started.
or since iron man possess such incredible strength, i think just one punch would do the trick.

a better match up would be Hawkman vs Iron Man Mark-I

trollfacejpg
hahahah, but all jokes aside. iron man wins.

DarkSaint85
Iron man takes this, IMO

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Iron man takes this, IMO

JakeTheBank
Iron Man.

Could get nasty if Carter can get in close and get some clean shots in, though.

Tony Stark
Iron Man ftw 10/10

deathlife
Iron Man

ColossusGrundy
IM may win, but not as easily as listed above.

Carter isn't a slouch, he's a lot faster, stronger, and tougher than just "some guy with metal wings". he'd mess up Tony's suit pretty bad before going down. In fact, he's maybe take 3-4 out of 10.

Still, IM for the slight majority.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
IM may win, but not as easily as listed above.

Carter isn't a slouch, he's a lot faster, stronger, and tougher than just "some guy with metal wings". he'd mess up Tony's suit pretty bad before going down. In fact, he's maybe take 3-4 out of 10.

Still, IM for the slight majority.

Nope... IM in a crush.

JakeTheBank
Hawkman can hurt the likes of Black Adam and take some punishment from him as well.

Iron Man wins the majority, but he's not crushing him.

DarkSaint85
Cut his wing straps off. Carter knocks himself out :-p

Estacado
IM.

JayDaDon
Hawkman has always been a strange one for me. Sometimes he looks barely above peak human in strength but in other cases I remember the JLA issue where wonder woman was describing him as a tank that the team needed, and superman was right across from her. What strength class is Hawkman supposed to be in?

Harbinger
Stark, 7/10. He gets wrecked if Hawkman connects with the mace, though.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Hawkman has always been a strange one for me. Sometimes he looks barely above peak human in strength but in other cases I remember the JLA issue where wonder woman was describing him as a tank that the team needed, and superman was right across from her. What strength class is Hawkman supposed to be in?

Without the harness and whatnot, he's stronger than a normal human, imo. With it, he's significantly stronger but with a waaaay higher damage soak to complement it. I couldn't give you an actual number for how strong he is conventionally, but his striking power with the mace is intense and is capable of drawing blood from top tiers. -KM- could tell you more and better than I, though.

Glorificus
Iron Man 9/10.

The 1/10 is if Tony gets cocky and lets Hawkman get up close and nail him with the Claw.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Without the harness and whatnot, he's stronger than a normal human, imo. With it, he's significantly stronger but with a waaaay higher damage soak to complement it. I couldn't give you an actual number for how strong he is conventionally, but his striking power with the mace is intense and is capable of drawing blood from top tiers. -KM- could tell you more and better than I, though.

He's the only one who drew blood from V&V Despero.

DarkSaint85
He's actually quite badass, which is why this was actually a good thread from majid:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/hm-47-006.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/JSA_03_04-05.jpg

Blair Wind
Pulse Bolts to Sun Temp Uni-Beam to Full Form Repulsor Ray to KO

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Harbinger
Stark, 7/10. He gets wrecked if Hawkman connects with the mace, though.

Iron Man has gotten hit way harder than anything that Hawkman can dish out even with his mace.

JakeTheBank
He's not no selling the mace. Not when people like Superman, Black Adam, and Despero can't.

celeyhyga17
oh gawwd no... 2 of you defending Iron Man? Ain't touching that with a ten foot pole.

JakeTheBank
For the record, I do think Iron Man wins a majority. I just doubt it turns into a curbstomp or that Tony can afford to ignore Carter's mace.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
oh gawwd no... 2 of you defending Iron Man? Ain't touching that with a ten foot pole.

confused

Jake: Superman/Black Adam/Despero are all brawlers. Iron Man has the luxury to be one - but he doesn't have to be. He won't no sell the mace (unless he has a force field in place) but he shouldn't ever let the mace get close enough to do any kind of damage. He can attack from a long distance position and he has multiple omni-directional offensive moves at his disposal.

I like Hawkman. He's a tough character who fights above his weight class and tends to dominate through sheer force of will and guts. But he's a brawler and doesn't have enough to compete with Iron Man. Like you said, Iron Man for the majority. I just don't think it will be something he has to particularly work harder than normal for.

JakeTheBank
Fair enough. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.